• Published 12th Sep 2015
  • 2,029 Views, 13 Comments

Rainbow Spark Rocks - Shadow Master



The Dazzling takes control of the Canterlot High School. Twilight and her friends teamed up with Autobots to defeat them. But a true sinister plot is about unfold...

  • ...
41
 13
 2,029

Chapter 5: The Next

Four Vehicles kicked their maximum gear-power in speeding and driving. They headed straight to the Canterlot High for nearly an hour, around 4.00 in noon. They stopped and parked right in front of the Canterlot High's outside entrance. Rainbooms, Crusaders got out from their vehicles as they left the Autobots and Yaegar Family behind.

Shadow Dragon took a glance at Twilight and her friends while rushing and charging straight to the entrance of Canterlot High. He asked, "Are you certain you and your friends know what you all are doing?!"

Twilight nodded her head, "Yes! I promise you that Magic of Friendship is Real! My friends and I will prove it."

Spike nodded while smirked, "Twilight has everything under control! You've got nothing to worry about!"

"Believe in my mother, sir," Nyx begged.

Lance nodded his head, "Trust us. You won't regret about it."

Shadow Dragon sighed in annoyance, "Why do I get the bad feeling about this?"

The team of ponies and mutants rushed into the Canterlot High as they all headed straight to the gymnasium where everyone including the Dazzlings were signing up for their audition.


Within the gymnasium, most of the students had been gathered for signing up for the competition: Mane Event or known as 'Battle of the Band'. Instead of friendly and gently greeting and chatting, most of the students glared or talk backed at each other. Twilight and her friends remained calm and steady as they pretended not to bother any of the students. The last thing they wanted was troubles...

Flash and his two band members: black and white haired shaded Bassist and cyan haired Drummer were glaring at both Snips and Snails for the moment. The former was about to slap his rivals, but snatched his drink. He turned and away as he wanted to get another drink.

Not watching where he was going, Flash knocked on someone in front of him. Spotting someone was about to fall, Flash had his left hand to grab and held her. Aftermath, he spotted a familiar face in front of him...

"Twilight?" Flash asked in surprise.

Twilight looked shock and surprise in seeing a friend of hers as she hesitated and embarrassed in saying, "Eh, bumped, into, always, doing?"

Flash helped her to stand up and asked happily, "What are you doing here?" He gasped happily, "You came back for the big competition, right?"

"Something like that," Twilight answered sheepishly.

Flash scoffed in confidence, "Huh. Not that there's gonna be any real competition. No one here wants this as bad as my band does!"

Twilight nodded, "Yes, I can tell of that. You're really into it so much."

"Twilight!" Shadow Dragon's voice called, "Get back to the group! We need to be prepared and vigilant!"

Flash looked shock and surprise as he looked up and spotted the firm and serious Shadow Dragon. He then gave the latter an annoyance and unamuzed look, "Well... If it isn't the moody new guy. I bet he's here for competition to challenge me."

Twilight gasped, "No!" Flash looked at her in surprise and curiously. She gulped as she knew that Flash didn't know her relationship with Shadow Dragon. She nervously and quickly spoke, "I mean! My friend was here to be there and support for me, not the competition!"

"Your friend? Why do you call him that? You and him don't look... friends... I mean... He's strange, freak and jerk all because he wanted to be alone and befriend with his own kind - Mutant Kind."

"He's not strange, freak and jerk!" Twilight exclaimed angrily. Everyone turned and glanced at her. She yelped in embarrassment, "Sorry. I known him since my childhood. He was my close and trusted friend as the Rainbooms. Please, don't offend him. Offend him mean offending me."

Flash shrugged, "Okay, whatever. But as long he's not part of the competition, I'm a-okay guy."

Twilight smiled, "I gotta go."

Twilight turned and returned to her own group while leaving Flash returned to his. She approached to the moody Shadow Dragon. She smiled gently yet nervously.

"Don't give me that look. We are here for the mission, not competition; got it?" Shadow Dragon said firmly and seriously.

Hurt by his unemotional response, Twilight sighed as she nodded, "I understand, Shadow Dragon."

Spike sighed in annoyance as he came out from the bag. He looked at both Nyx and Lance. He complained, "I really don't like that guy. Unlike ours, this one is very rude and focused on the mission than others."

Nyx shushed at Spike, "Spike, don't be rude. Shadow Dragon was just... not used to be with us since we came from another realm."

Lance nodded, "Nyx's right. Our dad was also not used to be with Humans since he heard about them and worried that they might hurt us. You could at least said that both version of him are protective."

Spike sighed, "Fine... I sure hope that he's not up to something angry with us."

As the gymnasium's door opened in two, the Dazzlings entered the area. Twilight and her allies spotted them. She looked at Shadow Dragon, who gave a nod as he and hiss team stand back and witnessed of how the event went. She smiled happily as she and Rainbooms headed off while leaving the rest behind.

Opening Sunset's bagpack, Wheelie and Brains came out from the bag and looked at the event. Wheelie looked at Sunset, "You sure that's gonna work, Sunset? I completely doubt that there's such thing called 'Magic'."

Brains nodded, "Yeah, no kidding. Humans just love fantasy stuffs than science-fiction." He huffed a bit while looking away from Wheelie, "Not that I care about this jerk."

Wheelie groaned in annoyance as he gave Brains a hard whack.

Sunset sighed in upset, "Have faith, guys. I'm sure Twilight and her friends can handle it. Believe in magic."

Doubtful and concern, both Wheelie and Brains reluctantly sighed while nodded their heads in agreement.

The Dazzlings headed to the middle as they witnessed and watched many students glaring, arguing and hating at each other about winning the competition. Adagio smiled in impressed and relieved as she finally had what she needed and wanted.

"Oh, no! No one's mingling," Adagio said in pain and concern before spoke in amusement and calmly, "It's like there's some kind of underlying tension that could bubble to the surface at any minute!"

Sonata sighed in unhappiness as she held her cup, "It's the fruit punch, isn't it? I knew I used too much grape juice!"

Adagio groaned in annoyance, "It's not the fruit punch! It's us!"

Aria nodded her head while closed to Sonata's ear as she whispered negatively, "But the punch is awful, too."

Sonata groaned in annoyance as she turned and glared at Aria, "What do you know about good fruit punch?"

Aria glared at her, "More than you."

Sonata whacked on Aria's face, "Do not!"

"Do too," Aria argued as she waved Sonata's front flinch up in making the latter's messy.

Annoyed by Aria's attempt in making hers mess, Sonata gently put and comb her flinch down straight. Adagio turned and smirked as she spoke sinisterly.

"This is just the kickoff party, girls. Imagine what a tizzy they'll be in by the time the Battle of the Bands starts."

Both Sonata and Aria smirked darkly and evilly as they agreed with Adagio's plan.

"There isn't going to be a Battle of the Bands!" Twilight's voice interrupted the surprised and shocked Dazzlings as they turned and spotted her and her friends standing before them. She continued, We're gonna make sure of that!"

Sunset nodded her head in agreement. Wheelie and Brains held the flag of CHS as they waved them for Twilight and her friends a luck. Shadow Dragon and his team watched and witnessed of how the event went. Lance, Nyx and Crusaders smirked in please and proud. The students had been gathered and surrounded the Rainbooms as they witness and watched on what was really going on.

"Alright, girls, let's do this!" Twilight ordered as she and her friends held each other's hands. She smirked before shouted, "Friendship is magic!"

For the moment had passed since Twilight had shouted, nothing had happen. Most of students were confused and concern of what they were doing. The Dazzlings were confused as well. Shadow Dragon's team looked concern and worry while him himself looked unimpressed and annoyed. Sunset, Crusaders, Lance and Nyx looked worry and scared.

"Is that supposed to happen?" Wheelie asked curiously.

Brains shrugged while remarked, "Cheerleading style - great? I'm so scared..."

Twilight and her friends opened their eyes as they noticed and found something had went wrong. Nothing had change. Most of students looked confuse as they looked at the former while the Dazzlings looked curious and sinister at them.

Rainbow gulped in concern, "Uh, weren't there rainbows and lasers and stuff last time?"

"I don't understand. We're all together again. Why isn't this working?" Twilight asked in worry.

Coming out from he bag, Spike whispered to Twilight, "You, uh... really need to go ahead and do that whole 'magic of friendship' thing now." He turned and glanced at the angry and disappointed Shadow Dragon. Spike gulped in concern, "Better make it quickly. Shadow Dragon looked peeved! And I mean literally!"

Twilight nodded while saying in concern, "I'm trying, Spike. I thought the six of us standing together against the sirens would bring out the magic we needed to defeat them. That's what happened before."

As the students glared at Twilight and her friends suspiciously and angrily, Adagio smirked as she took the advantage, "Talk about throwing down the gauntlet! This group is obviously serious about winning! A little cocky though, aren't they? Claiming there won't really be a battle. Seems they think they already got this thing all locked up."

The students gasped in shock, rage, anger and hatred of what Adagio had spoken. They booed angrily and cried in anger.

Wheelie gulped, "This is so mess up and bad."

"Really bad, buddy," Brains said in fear as he and Wheelie slowly sank down into Sunset's bag, "really bad..."

Trixie growled in anger, "Not if the Great and Powerful Trrrrrixie has anything to do with it!"

"Whatever, Trixie! Flash Drive is the best band at CHS!" Flash exclaimed in anger.

"AS IF!" Snips and Snails exclaimed in anger.

As the students continued arguing, complaining and shouting at each other, the greenish fog emerged from them and appeared on the ground. Twilight and her friends looked worry and concern while Shadow Dragon's team looked concern as well and even the latter looked unimpressed and disappointed.

Seeing their chance had opened, the Dazzlings absorbed the negative energies into their rubies. Aftermath, Adagio took the glance at Twilight and her group. She smirked darkly as she noticed something different about them.

Adagio Dazzle spoke calmly, I think we may have found what we're looking for. Or rather, it found us." She then looked at both Aria and Sonata. Aria nodded her head and smirked while Sonata looked confuse making the former slapped her face. Adagio groaned in anger, "Magic!"

As the students continued arguing and fighting with each other, Twilight and all of her friends quickly and immediately headed to the gym's entrance before things had gotten worse.

Adagio explained about the situation to Sonata, "Everyone else has fallen under our spell. But not these girls. These girls are special." Adagio took a glance at the concerned and fearedTwilight who quickly escaped, "And I bet that teenage girl, dark little girl and teenage boy, and a puppy are the ones that Lord Galvatron and Lord Dark Curse were looking for as well."

Adagio and her Dazzlings smirked evilly and darkly as the leader continued, "Our plans... can finally proceed as we had hope for. And this time, she will lead our army to victory."

Everything had turned into upside down...


Exited from Canterlot High, Twilight and her friends were gathered at the outside where Autobots and Yaegar Family were waiting. The latter noticed their looks and knew something bad had happen. As soon as everyone seated and calmed down from the situation, Twilight explained to the Autobots and Yaegar Family as the latter looked concern and shock of what had happen.

Blazefist sighed in defeat, "That went well..."

Shadow Dragon gave the girls a stern and angry looks, "What the hell was that?! Are you trying to make fool of yourselves?! I'm truly fooled and disappointed by your performance."

Twilight was speechless and scared by Shadow Dragon's anger. His voice of anger reminded her of how furious and dark he can be when he faced against his former enemies such as Longblade, Nezha and Swipestrike. She looked down and away from him as he dared not face him.

Nyx stood up and spoke up, "Stop it! Mom didn't mean that! You have to believe in us!"

Lance stood up as well, "Look, we don't know what happen, but that wasn't really part of mom's plan. And she wasn't lying."

"They both right. I don't think they did that on purpose," Cade spoke before Shadow Dragon turned and glared at him. He continued, "Don't give me that look. Rather than just blaming them, we should listen and learn to them of what was really going on."

Everyone nodded their heads in agreement of what Cade had said. Shadow Dragon was annoyed as he gave them a stern and serious look while having some thoughts of what Cade, Lance and Nyx had said. Aftermath, he sighed in annoyance as he nodded in understanding for giving Twilight and her friends the chance to talk and discuss about what had happen before.

Twilight nodded. She stood up as she gave some thoughts of what had happen. For the moment had passed, she groaned in upset, "It doesn't make any sense. I should have been able to create the spark that would help us break their spell. That's how it worked before."

Apple Bloom looked scared and worry, "Yeah, we saw it with our own eyes! You managed to transform into pony forms! And it work well!"

"All six of you should able to do it," Sweetie Belle spoke in worry.

Scootaloo nodded, "Why it didn't work?"

"Oh geez..." Brains said sarcastically, "Why didn't it work?"

Wheelie huffed before complained, "Maybe... There is no such thing called 'Magic'!"

Sunset shushed both Wheelie and Brains up before she turned and looked at Twilight, "To defeat me, you drew magic from the crown I was wearing." Twilight nodded her head in agreement. She continued, "The sirens' magic comes from their music. So maybe you have to use the same kind of magic to defeat them."

Everyone looked surprise and shock of what Sunset had said. Twilight then began thinking of what Sunset had said.

"Okay... Say what again?" Shane asked in confuse and concern, "Are you sure about that?"

"Seriously," Crosshairs asked dryly and seriously, "Music makes Magic? They don't mixed together, babe. And it's stupid too."

"Gotta agree with Cross," Brains nodded his head, "there is no way it's gonna happen."

Wheelie sighed as he shook his head and hugged Sunset's waist, "No offense, Sunset. But I'm with the Autobots and the gang on this one. It's impossible."

Sunset sighed in defeat as she felt like that no one agreed with her idea.

"No," Twilight spoke calmly, "I think she's onto something."

Everyone looked and gasped in shock and surprise of what Twilight had said. She actually took Sunset's advice and plans of defeating their enemies?!

Twilight looked at her friends as she asked, "It's when you play music that you transform now, right?" The Rainbooms nodded their heads. She continued, "So maybe the way to use that magic to defeat the sirens is by playing a musical counter-spell!"

Fluttershy gasped, "You mean like a song?"

"So the only way to get your forms back up was singing?" Cade asked in concern and worry.

Twilight nodded, "And in order to free everyone who's been exposed to the sirens' spell, we'll need them all to hear it."

"And how are we going to do that," Blazefist asked in concern.

Aqua nodded her head, "Yeah... It's not like everyone meet up in one place for you girls to play the song and get snapped out from Dazzlings' controls that easily."

"Unless we had something for them wanted so badly to stay put," Tailtech suggested in concern.

Everyone gave some thoughts of how they handled and dealt with the situation in defeating the Dazzlings while freeing everyone from their controls in one large and specific location to battle...

Rarity gasped, "The band competition!"

"You're right about that," Shorty agreed, "That event is perfect for same place and same time."

Applejack smirked while patted on the proud Rainbow's left shoulder, "Guess the Rainbooms are the band to beat."

"And I believe you, Twilight," Rarity spoke while looking at Twilight, "just became the Rainbooms' newest member."

Twilight gasped in surprise as well as Lance, Spike and Nyx. She was made as Rainbooms' new member and teammate.

"Really?!" Lance, Spike, Nyx and Crusaders asked in surprise and shock.

Rainbooms and Crusaders cheered and laughed happily as they all approached and surrounded Twilight, Nyx, Spike and Lance. Yaegar Family, Autobots and Dragon Strike Force smiled happily and proudly in looking at the girls hugging and chatting with each other.

Sunset looked upset and pain as she looked down. Wheelie and Brains patted on her back gently and softly. Tessa gave the former a warm and calm smile at her. She and the Minicons wanted her to be comfortable and good. Sunset smiled back to her friends.

Pinkie jumped in front of Twilight as she asked happily, "So what do you wanna play? Triangle -" She took and played a small triangle, "- Sousaphone -" She played the sousaphone, "- Theremin -" Pinkie then played on the theremin while awed happily, "- soooo magical."

Twilight shook her head and answered, "I might take a little too long to learn how to play something with these. I'll just sing."

"Like, as in, lead singer?" Rainbow asked while giving Twilight her left eyebrow raised. The latter nodded before the former continued, "Cuz that's usually my gig. This being my band and all."

Applejack groaned in annoyance, "It's our band!" She turned and looked at Twilight while smiling, "And, of course, as lead singer. She's the one with the magical know-how to help us pull this thing off."

Rainbow groaned in annoyance before sighed, "Okay, yeah, that's cool. I'll just use this as a chance to hone my already insanely good lead guitar skills."

Lance sighed in annoyance, "Girls... We're here to deal with the Dazzlings, not win competition?"

Nyx nodded, "Lance's right. All we need to do is to have a counter-spell readied for the first round of competition."

Everyone chatted in agreement with both Lance and Nyx about the mission of dealing with the Dazzlings.

"Let's just say that we're gonna use 'counter-spell' song on the crowds, but what kind of song you're gonna use," Tessa asked in concern.

Flare Tiger nodded, "Tessa's right. The song had to be the best and good enough to break Dazzlings' Spells on every students and staff, and transform into your Pony Forms?"

Icy nodded, "And we had to be careful of it too. Wrong move in singing could lead us down."

Hound chuckled, "But if that won't work, we'll have to kick those Dazzling witches' asses out of town!"

Drift sighed in concern, "Hound is right. If you are not prepared for the Dazzlings, then we have left one option to beat them."

Everyone looked at Twilight as they were waiting for the answer of what she had.

Twilight gulped in worry, "Well, that's just it. I don't know any." Everyone looked worry and feared of what she had said. She gulped as she quickly spoke, "But I'm sure I could figure out how to write one."

"Totally," Spike exclaimed happily, "Twilight can write a spell like it's nobody's business. That's pretty much how she got to become a princess in Equestria."

Twilight groaned in annoyance, "Technically, I helped finish a spell. And there was a little more to it than that, Spike." Spike shrugged while not caring what Twilight was thinking. She smiled, "I've got this. Come on, everyone."

Twilight, Nyx, Spike and Lance headed straight to the Canterlot High. Everyone looked surprise and shock of where they were going. Shadow Dragon stood before her and her family.

"Where do you think you're going?" Shadow Dragon asked in suspicious.

Twilight sighed as she explained, "Well, last time we were here; Nyx, Spike and I spent the night in the library."

Everyone looked surprise and shock of what Twilight had answered.

Cade, Shane and Tessa looked at each other; reminded by Twilight's answer, about having no place to stay but to rely on the location they can sleep and hide from their enemies. Hound, Drift and Bumblebee remained silent. Crosshairs, Wheelie and Brains chuckled loudly yet in their amusement. Sunset gave both Minicons a hard yet stern glare as they both stopped at once. Autobots glared at Crosshairs for laughing.

Shadow Dragon sighed, "I'm afraid I can't let you do that, Twilight. You and your 'friends' are not going to the school. No one is allowed to go in after the school." Twilight and her family gasped in concern, and even everyone else. He continued, "I was ordered by Secretary Azure Phoenix in making sure that you and your friends are kept under watch by me and my team. You're not getting this off from me that easily."

Pinkie bounced in front of him as she smiled happily yet innocently, "Then, we're going to have our slumber party together! Ponies-Humans-Autobots in one big slumber party! Can we have it on your home?! We promise not to make a mess at your home!"

Everyone chatted as they smiled and agreed with Pinkie's opinions and suggestion, and even Autobots and Yaegar Family. Shadow Dragon was shocked and concerned of what he had heard. He groaned in annoyance as he should had shut his mouth up. Then again, he had the mission to perform. Better to do it than letting them off.

Shadow Dragon sighed in annoyance, "Very well... All of you can have slumber party at my home. But don't cause so much troubles..."

Bumblebee whistled happily before went cowboy's wildly cheer, "Yeehah! Slumber Party Time!"

Everyone but proud and happy Cade cheered and chatted happily and wildly in hearing what Shadow Dragon had said. The latter sighed in annoyance and concern before Twilight approached to him and gave him a smile. He looked concern yet reluctant about it.

Twilight smiled, "I promise you that everything will be fine. We won't let you down."

Shadow Dragon sighed in annoyance, "You'd better hope so, Twilight. Don't make me regret of it."

Blazefist took a glance around of him as he noticed someone was missing, "Where's Laxtinct?!"

Everyone looked shock and concern as they looked around and found Laxtinct was missing and nowhere to be found.

"Right here," Terrorcreep's voice exclaimed in anger. Everyone turned to the Canterlot High's gate and found him coming out while dragging comatose Laxtinct's leg. Everyone gasped in shock and concern. He continued, "He was doing something stupid again..."

Terrorcreep explained of the event...


Flashback:

With everyone left the gymnasium, the Dazzlings were the last group to leave it. While both Adagio and Aria headed off, Sonata was about to move but blocked by someone familiar to her.

Laxtinct smiled as he bowed while showing the flower in front of her, "Hello, beauty." Sonata waved to him. He cleared his throat as he spoke, "I am Laxtinct! I'm truly honored and proud to meet you, my sweet girl of dream! Your hair and face are the most magnificent and beautiful sight I ever seen in my life! Your singing voice is incredible and best -" He held her hand while bowed down, "- I can assure you one thing, my princess. You're one of the kind that I had admired since this morning! And no girls can replace the love of my life. I need to ask you one thing..."

Sonata looked at him with her excited and dramatic looks as Laxtinct spoke, "Will you date with me?!"

Sonata was in shock and surprise by his action. She smiled happily of how she and him met. She giggled happily, "I'm happy for it, Lax. I really like the funny guy. And best of all, I want to make the fruit punch just for you. I hope you like it, my Prince of Dream.”

Sonata helped Laxtinct up. She held the flower Laxtinct had presented while she gave him a fruit punch. They both at each other as they leaned and grew closer to each other. They were about to kiss...

SNAP! Laxtinct screamed in pain. Sonata gasped in shock as she witnessed him being bitten by Terrorcreep. As the latter freed from biting, Laxtinct fell from his back to the ground. Terrorcreep groaned angrily as he dragged Laxtinct straight to the Canterlot High's Entrance.

"Honestly..." Terrorcreep mumbled, "Of all people I had to deal with... it had to be you. You're completely hopeless and problematic, Lax..."

As Terrorcreep continued dragging Laxtinct, the latter gave a weak smile while waved to Sonata gently. Sonata smiled as she smiled and waved to him back. She then turned to her left and found annoyed and angry Adagio and Aria.

Confused and concerned, Sonata asked, "What?!"

Adagio and Aria sighed and groaned in annoyance. What would they do with her?

Flashback Ends...


While being silent, Everyone but Terrorcreep and Laxtinct were in shock and surprise of how Laxtinct reacted to Sonata Dusk. He was actually fell in love with her. They groaned and mumbled in annoyance and angrily with his stupidity yet randomness...

Shane whistled innocently, "And I thought I was the one who dare to do something stupid about hanging out with you."

Tessa giggled happily, "Couldn't agree more."

"Loving is one thing," Cade said in concern, "but falling for an enemy? That could be the problem in the future."

"Tell me about it," Brains and Wheelie exclaimed while having their eyes rolled over, "crazy love for your enemy..."

Shadow Dragon sighed in annoyance, "Anyhow. Just follow me to my home. And be sure that no one is left behind."

Everyone muttered in agreement with Shadow Dragon. The Autobots transformed into their vehicle modes as the people entered and gotten in the former before they drove off to Shadow Dragon's location.

Things had turned to wrong way, but it was the beginning...

To be continued...

Review and Suggest...