• Published 12th Sep 2015
  • 393 Views, 15 Comments

Heroes Of Equestria - Ninyn



Taking place a little while after Realms Unite a new evil arises and new heroes rise to quell the fighting. In this story I'm going to be introducing Oc's with no stories who deserve spotlight.

  • ...
4
 15
 393

Chapter 2 Old Friends

Glade had packed his bags and headed off for the train station. The Cutie Mark Crusaders saw Glade leaving Twilights castle and ran to him with happy face's.

"Where ya going Glade?" Applebloom asked. Glade sighed as he turned to the fillies with bags under his eyes. The Cutie Mark crusaders smiled with glee, "Come on you must have some exciting news!" Applebloom chirped.

Glade sighed with a smile, "I'm going away girls… It's honestly the only news I've got," he said sadly. The Cutie Mark Crusaders frowned slightly. Glade turned away from them, "I'm going to the Canterlot Castle. I've gotta help the Princesses figure out a problem going on outside the castle walls within the forest," he said.

The Cutie Mark Crusaders all cried out with glee, "You're going on an adventure!!" they cried. Glade laughed and scratched the back of his head, "Glade please bring us good news after your adventure ok!" they said. Glade smiled, "You three have always been good friends. No problem," he said.

Glade headed off towards the train station and headed off for the Crystal Empire.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scarlet sat at the train station and sighed, "Why do I have to wait here?" she asked aloud. Crystal Guards eyed the pegasi curiously. The train pulled into town and Night Glade walked off the train.

Scarlet's eyes widened as she saw the Alicorn, "Glade!" she cried. Glade turned to see Scarlet fly into him full speed! The two tumbled on the ground and she pinned him to the ground. "I can't believe it! They sent you to be my partner!" Scarlet said smiling.

Glade looked up at the Scarlet and smiled, "It's been two years hasn’t it?" he asked smiling. Scarlet nodded and nuzzled Glade who blushed brightly as other ponies noticed the two of them. "Um Scarlet you're embarrassing us," Glade said shyly.

Scarlet looked up and saw the audience and blushed as she helped Glade up, "Sorry about that… I was just inducted into the Princess Cadence's personal guard! She told me that a pony would be coming to figure out what was going on with all of the disappearances outside Canterlot and The Crystal Empire," she said.

Glade nodded, "I never knew it was about anything like that," he said. Scarlet and Glade headed for the outskirts of the empire. The day quickly turned to night and they readied there camp.

"It's been to long since we last saw each other…" Scarlet said looking into the fire they had built. Glade sighed and nodded. Scarlet looked to Glade, "I'm glad it was you they sent… I missed you… We hadn't seen each other since our days in the academy in Canterlot…" she said.

Glade smiled, "Yea but after all that time it paid off for you. I'm still stuck as an errand pony for the princesses. You're an actual guard for one of them," he said scooting close to her.

Scarlet sighed and headed to the tent she had pitched for herself, "I'll see you in the morning Glade," she said tiredly. Glade smiled and waved good night to her as he kept watch for a little while before putting out the fire and heading to bed himself.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A delightful smell of food passed through the tent. Scarlet sat out side with her headphones on and was singing while cooking. Glade awoke to Scarlet’s voice, and the smell of food, "Ugh my head,” he said walking out to Scarlet oblivious to the lip stick kiss mark on his cheek.

Scarlet was singing with her eyes closed cooking eggs and pancakes. Glade sat next to her and taps her shoulder gently, "Morning," he said shyly. Scarlet took off her headphones, "Morning," she said smiling. Still oblivious to the mark Glade sighed, "Don't do that again. Ok," he said. "Ok, "she said handing him a plate with pancakes and eggs.

Glade scowled, "That’s it? Not going to say anything?" he said annoyed. Scarlet’s ears sank down and she spoke dramatically, "Oh I’m so sorry your highness. I’m so sorry I worried you and I hope you’re ok,” she smirked. Glade frowned, "I......never mind.... I'm glad that you’re ok......" he said turning the other way with the mark clear in her vision.

Scarlet smiled and laughed at him. Glade turned, "What's so funny?" He asks as she began to laugh and fall over. Glade scowls, "What?!" He yells blushing red. Scarlet keeps laughing, "Your face…is so red," she giggles. Glade snorts and turns away, "Hmph," he grunts.

Scarlet blushes and turns towards Glade, “Hey,” she says shyly. Glade turns as she kisses his cheek and giggles. Glade blushes a dark shade of red and fell over. Scarlet Giggled, “What’s wrong?” she smiled.

Glades wings went up all stiff, "Crap!!!" He yelled embarrassed. Scarlet blushes a little darker and looks at his wings then giggles. Glade fought with his wings but they were to stiff to put down, "Why did you do that?" He yelled.

Glade notices she’s blushing and she giggles lightly, “How do you put your wings down silly?” she asks trying to help put his wings down. "It's not that I can't...Its cuz...." Glade blushes really dark. Scarlet’s ears flop to side and she looks at Glade with cute eyes. Glade looks back at and his wings grow stiffer, "Agh!! Stupid... wing bnr" he mumbled.

Scarlet hears his little comment and blushes then she begins to laugh. Glade turned away feeling foolish and embarrassed, “I hate these things," he said. Scarlet’s wings flap up as she turns back then she blushes in embarrassment, "Gah!" she yells with annoyance. Glade laughs, "Ha! You've got it to now!!" He laughs.

Scarlet blushes a darker red and looks at him with her cute eyes, "How do you suppose we put these stupid things down?" she asks slyly. Glade blushes, "I think you’re too young to know that," he said turning really dark. Scarlet scoffs, "Wow really? Ok let’s get this straight mister. I’m not too young for you to tell me how to get these things to go down... I’m willing to know anything," she said.

Glade blushes and speaks nervously, "Well...when two ponies really love each other or...pleasure then selves......really well...." he stammered. Scarlet rolls her eyes with disappointment, “I’m a lot older than that! I’ve heard the speech before,” she says blushing as she stepped in close.

"I...I've never...." he covers his face with his wing. Scarlet smiled and laughed as she removed his wings from his face. Glade’s emerald eyes shined bright from the glow of the fire and Scarlet felt very different then she had around other colts, “Night Glade…” she said softly stepping closer towards him. Glade felt nervous but his feelings mimicked Scarlet’s as she kissed him on the lips. Glade kissed her back and smiled as they broke the kiss, "We should get back to the mission..." he says as his wings finally went back down.

Scarlet sighed as her wings went back down. *Phew... that almost got out of hand. I don't think she really likes me anyhow,* he thought. Scarlet smiled and got up and patted Glade’s head as she kissed his cheek while putting her armor back on. Glade frowns, "Where are these caves?" he asked.

Scarlet blushed as she looked at him sheepishly, "Um… I’m not really sure," she said shyly. Glade scowled, "Really?!" He says. "Yes really!" Scarlet growled. Glade backs off a little remembering Revan’s warning, "I didn't mean to sound rude. I was just asking," he said. Scarlet sighed, “I’m sorry," she said.

Glade sighs, "Did the princess give you anything peculiar before you left?" He asked. Scarlet looked up and smiled, "Yes actually. She gave me a map I think,” she says pulling a scroll out of her pack handing it to him. Glade sighs with relief, "Ok cool." He says sitting on his rump.

Time goes by and creatures pass the camp site. Timber Wolves and manticores all avoided the camp due to Glade’s protection spell. Glade sat on the ground closely studying the map not even looking up to check on Scarlet. Scarlet looked at the Alicorn with distaste and yawned. Scarlet noticed the setting sun and yawned even more.

Glade looked up for a moment to stretch and noticed, "Sleepy?" he said. "No," she lied. Glade scowled, "Go to sleep naturally or I'll make you sleep," he said.

"No," Scarlet said with a cheesy smile while sticking out here tongue. Glade sighed as his horn ignited and a sleepy spell fell over Scarlet slowly and softly, "Sorry," Glade said. Scarlet yawns deeply, "Why you…” she says wearily as she falls asleep on his lap. Glade hoofpalms himself, “Note to self.... Be wary of women," he says putting up another barrier. As Glade continues his studying with Scarlet on his lap she hugs him tightly. Glade blushes as his wings stiffen again, "Damnit," he murmurs.

"I… luv… you," Scarlet murmurs in her sleep still hugging him. Glades eyes widen, "M-me?" He stammers. "Ye…"she whispers in her sleep. Glade sighs, "You hardly know me," he laughs. Scarlet’s ears go down as she snuggled up against him while sleeping.

Glade sighed, "Maybe I'll know when we know each other better heheheh" he says. Scarlet releases Glade as her wings open up and cover herself to keep warm. Glade sits there keeping watch as the night passes on. The sun began to rise later on and Scarlet yawned and awoke with shimmering eyes. Scarlet looked about herself noticing Glade now slept with his wings wrapped around them. Scarlet smiled, “Oh Glade,” she said while squeezing out of his grasp. Glade rolled over and covered himself up. Scarlet smiles and rolled her eyes.

Glade woke up and blushed, "I um...I'm sorry..." he said quickly getting up and looking at the map. Scarlet laughed and smiled, "It’s ok" she said. Glade finally found the cave on the map, "That way!" He yells pointing a hoof. As they began to pack and started walking in the direction needed the two came upon a beautifully designed hut.

A Yellow Mare with green hair came out of the hut, "Oh Visitors" she says merrily. Scarlet and Glade smiled, "Hello," they said in unison. The mare laughed so magically, “So tell me. What brings a couple such as your selves into the crystal forest today?” she asked. Glade blushed, “We’re not a couple miss. I promise,” he chuckled nervously. Scarlet sighed, “We’re here on important business ma’am. What is your name?” she asked.

"My name is Spring Melody." She said politely. "My name is Night Glade," he said with joy. Scarlet smiled, “And my name is Scarlet Blitz,” she said. Melody sighed, “What a nice name set you two have. So why are you here?” she asked nicely.

Glade looked from Scarlet to Melody and shrugged, “We’re looking for a cave that may have recently formed after Tireks defeat. You wouldn’t possibly know where that might be would you?” he asked her sheepishly. Melody frowned and sighed, “Many have come searching in hopes of finding treasure. Most have never returned. I’ve gone venturing for the cave myself yes. The cave is unnatural. Something crawled from the cave and tried to claim me but my melodic voice repelled the dark creature and sent it scuttling back into its hole. I can tell you two are both kind hearted. You'll need a pony with my skills to enter that cave. I know neither of you can send back the shadows like I can," She said.

Scarlet seemed convinced, "Ok," she said. Together the three entered to the cave as melodies harmonic voice chased away the dark tendrils that protruded from the cave’s opening, "Something doesn't feel right about this place...." Glade said.

"Yes… It doesn't feel right at all. You were right not to venture in here alone Melody," Scarlet said. Melody nodded, “I thank thee for coming here. Tis a sign from above that you two have arrived I’m telling yee,” she said. Glade smiled, “Your certainly correct about that Melody,” he said to himself.

Deeper in the cave an aura of pure dark essence emitted from below, "Seems like we know where it’s at,” Scarlet said. Glade peered down into the hole where the energy emanated from. He could feel the negative output the energy was sending forth.

Scarlet felt weary and scared as her ears went down, “Night Glade!” she yelped in fear. Glade snarled, “Get back! I know who this is! Run to the entrance!” he yelled as a humanoid figure appeared before them with dark red eyes, "Fresh meat!!!" It said.

Night Glade's horn ignited and a bright light lit the room causing the creature to cry out in pain, "GO NOW!," Glade said as he put up a barrier between the creature and his friends. Scarlet looked at Night Glade with tears, “Don’t wait for me Scarlet. I promise everything’s going to be alright!” Glade said. Scarlet nodded and began to run towards the entrance with Melody not far behind.

“Time to finally use “that” spell,” Glade said as he blasted the creature with a beam of magic pushing it back. “Shotay!” Glade yelled and his pony form transformed into a human before Scarlet’s eyes. Scarlet’s ears went down and her eyes went blood shot from the magical pulse.

Night Glade stood tall with a magical tome in his hand as another form soared in beside him, "Alright Revan your turn," Glade said. Revan nodded as he placed an earing on Glade’s left ear and his right ear the two became one, "You will not have them.....Night Walker!!" Nightshade said pointing two fingers at the shadowy figure.

Scarlet trembled in fear and ran out of cave entrance behind a very confused and frightened Melody. Nightshade smiled looking back towards the shadow, "Now I don't have to hold back!" He yelled. Scarlet and Melody felt the pressure from their power and hid inside a hollow tree trembling in fear.

Nightshade was sent flying out the cave with Night Walker close behind, "I don't know how you stole Roark’s powers and body but I'll still defeat you!!!" He yelled. Night Walker laughed making the trees rot from the horrid sound. Nightshade drew his blades and his eyes turned electric blue, “Let’s get this started,” he said charging towards the beast with his blade’s glowing bright.

Author's Note:

And here it begins. Sentient King mode is lost right now. Hope you all enjoyed! Please Leave a review! ~Ninyn