• Published 12th Sep 2015
  • 394 Views, 15 Comments

Heroes Of Equestria - Ninyn



Taking place a little while after Realms Unite a new evil arises and new heroes rise to quell the fighting. In this story I'm going to be introducing Oc's with no stories who deserve spotlight.

  • ...
4
 15
 394

Chapter 8 Happenings Within The Forest

Reaper laughed darkly, “This power flowing through me… It’s wonderful!!” he yelled throwing a dark matter orb at Twinblade. Twinblade slashed across with his silver blade rebounding the attack while sending a wave of magic from Rogue. Reaper’s horn ignited forming a magical barrier.

The wave of magic smashed against Reapers barrier and Twinblade came at Reaper from behind hitting him with a magical orb. Reaper cried out in pain tumbling head over heel into a tree. Twinblade lunged forward but Reaper blasted Twinblade with crimson lightning sending Twinblade far back through the forest!

“You have something that belongs to me you idiot pony!” Reaper yelled flying after Twinblade with a negative energy orb ready to strike. Twinblade put away his blade and dug Rogue deep into the ground halting him to a stop. Reaper came forward ready to strike but suddenly an armored pony came from the brush and kicked Reaper in the face!

“This suit’s amazing! Where did you get the knowledge to create this?” Glade said into his headset. Silver appeared next to Glade in a power suit with robotic wings, “The Sentients are very lenient when it comes to learning. I studied almost half the Sentient Library when Nightshade had brought me there. It helped me with quite a few situations,” he said.

Glade smiled and took off towards Reaper blasting him with a star beam! Reaper gained control of his movements only to get hit by Glade’s powerful beam! Silver came forward and started knocking Reaper around the sky then he smashed Reaper in the stomach with both of his hooves sending him into the ground.

Twinblade intercepted Reaper and slashed across his stomach causing the armor on his body to crack! Nightshade appeared, “Take this: Harmonic Rasengan!” he yelled smashing a rainbow colored orb into Reapers chest completely shattering the negative armor surrounding him! Night Walker quickly formed back together and disappeared into the shadows.

Reaper morphed back into his Alicorn form and Nightshade chased after Night Walker! Reaper turned his attention towards Twinblade and snarled. Twinblade also returned to his pony form sending Rogue back to their hide out with a wave of his hoof, “You’ll never get that weapon. We won’t let you!” he said drawing forth his silver and violet blade, “This is Odak. Odak can use your magic against my opponent by amplifying it and sending it back in either missiles, waves or multiple elements of my choice,” he said.

Reaper scowled as Twinblade slashed across sending a wave of lightning from the sword. Reaper quickly took flight and sent forth a black and red wave of magic filled with fear at Twinblade. Silver jumped in front of the beam and swallowed it whole! Glade flew up and smashed his left hoof into Reapers back sending him crashing into the ground.

Reaper stood up and noticed Silver’s glowing form. “Oh that’s not good,” Twinblade said backing away from the two. Silver’s eyes were lit with a blazing fire as he spat out the magic blast Reaper had cast. Reaper got to his feet trying to summon his energy to deflect but found none remaining.

Out of the forest appeared another figure that quickly picked up Reaper and disappeared just as the blast cut through the forest. Silver heaved a great sigh sweating from the attack, “That’s some pretty powerful stuff their Silver,” Twinblade said walking up to his friend.

Silver glared at him, “Another “gift” I have from my demonic abilities. Curse Roark Lindrake and his fowl experiments… Where did Nightshade go?” he asked. Twinblade looked around and noticed Glade was missing as well, “I have no idea. How about we get some donuts?” he laughed.

Silver scowled, “We need to hurry. There’s no telling what might happen,” he said trying to stand. Silver cried out as his body cramped up, “You’re not going after no body anytime soon buddy. I’m getting you back to the house and you’re going to rest. I’ll find Glade and Shade, heh that rhymes,” Twinblade chuckled while getting Silver onto his back.

Silver sighed, “Fine, but don’t do anything reckless you understand?” he asked. Twinblade laughed as he started walking back in the direction of their house, “No worries my friend. No worries at all,” he said.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Glade chased after Nightshade and Walker with all haste, *I’ll be able to help for real this time,* he though. Suddenly bolts of negative energy shot from the forest below and several shadow ponies surrounded Glade, “Oh come on! Can’t I ever get a break?!” he shouted, and as if the sentients had heard Scarlet appeared with a trail of fire and lightning following her close. Scarlet smiled looking down at Glade and noticed his battle suit. She then shot several arrows knocking the shadow ponies down into the forest and glided down to Glade, “Thought you men could use some help. What’s with all the decay?” she asked looking back at the dying trees.

Glade sighed, “Somehow Prince Reaper and Walker found each other and convinced one or the other to work together. However Nightshade’s pals, Silver String and Twinblade Firestar, helped him separate the two. Now Nightshade is chasing Walker through the forest while I’m explaining this unimaginable long explanation!” he said.

Scarlet giggled putting a hoof over her mouth, “You’re so cute when you get flustered,” she said with an innocent smile. Glade scowled, “Which way did Nightshade go?” Scarlet asked. Glade pointed towards the coast and Scarlet nodded.

The shadow ponies rose above the forest and glared at Scarlet, “Follow Nightshade. I’ll handle these morons,” Glade said as his eyes flashed from pine green to a blazing purple.

Scarlet looked at the shadow ponies and nodded, “Be careful,” she said and Glade winked at her with a smile. The ponies lunged forward but Glade put up a powerful barrier knocking them back as Scarlet flew off towards the coast. Glade turned and cast a powerful magic missile attack hitting each of the shadow ponies directly. One pony got close and attacked with a shadow lance.

A deafening ring of metal echoed through the sky as Glade turned to see Twinblade with his own power suit on, “Ya miss me?” he asked with a smile. Glade smiled, “I was wondering when you’d show up. Where’s Silver?” he asked. Twinblade frowned, “Silver’s a little sick right now. That blast he swallowed from Reaper left him paralyzed. Temporarily mind you. Now who in the name of the nine hells are these guys?” he asked.

Glade shrugged, “For once I have absolutely no idea,” he said. Twinblade smiled, “All the more reason not to hold back!” he yelled charging at one of the ponies pulling forth Odak and slashing across the pony’s body hard. The pony fell to the ground and erupted into a cloud of black ash and Glade frowned as he knocked aside another shadow pony, “Correction. I think I have an idea who these ponies work for,” he said.

Twinblade flew fast and threw his sword into the back of another shadow pony, “I’m all ears,” he said pulling his sword free and knocking another shadow pony aside. Glade frowned, “Remember when that kid Naruto?” he asked. Twinblade’s eyes went wide, “That’s all I needed to hear,” he said throwing a musical sphere into the sky blasting away the remaining shadow ponies.

“I thought Naruto had killed him!?” Twinblade yelled. Glade shook his head, “King Shadow survived. Naruto said he had finished the job but really hadn’t. Shadows been lying deep within his kingdom shattered and broken. If his men are out and about then that mean’s he knows about Night Walkers presence. We have to keep the two separate at all costs,” Glade said.

Twinblade nodded turning his gaze towards the coast, “Seems like we had better hurry then,” he said. A dark violet light emitted from the forest and a giant hulk of shadow rose from the ground, “Oh great…” Glade mumbled. “HEY! Alicorn guy!” a voice called from the forest.

Glade looked down to see a pony wearing a dark hoody and a mint green coat, “I’ll handle this thing! You get to the coast and help your friends!” he yelled. Glade looked to Twinblade who merely shrugged while drawing out his sword again.

Glade looked back to the pony who had taken off his hood, “Thank you!” he said. The mint green pony nodded turning his gaze towards the behemoth, “Alright let’s take care of you. No pony harms my forest. No pony at all! Even Discord is lenient!” he yelled.

Twinblade payed no attention to the pony and kept hacking and slashing into the behemoth, “I really hate shadow energy!” he shouted as Odak began to glow darker with each strike. The pony below began to hum a warm tune that floated from the forest upward and Twinblade felt the warmth of the ponies tune and felt calmer, “Whatever he’s doing he’d better keep it up,” he said sending out a dark matter wave from Odak ripping a great hole in the behemoth’s chest.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nightwalker stood at the edge of the beach and felt the warmth of a tune flying his way and hissed. Walker put up a dark barrier and ducked down low as the tune began to pass over. Walker had nowhere to run or hide. All the monster could do was stand and fight! Nightshade leaped from the brush with both of his swords drawn, “One fragment down, several more to go!” he said darkly with a face that would have sent even death himself running for the hills. Nightwalker smiled through his dark form, "So your true colors are finally showing?" he asked.

Nightshade glared at Walker, "Enough of this!" he yelled charging with both blades held tightly. Walker merely bent over backwards as Nightshade came forward with his attack and kicked him in the air while latching onto his body with one of his shadow tendrils. Walker pulled on Nightshade hard slamming him on the ground and dragging him all across the beach.

Scarlet stopped at the forest border just in time to see Walker stab through Nightshade with his shadow claw, "No!" she cried. Nightwalker smiled as a dark wave of energy left Nightshade's body and flooded into his. Walker threw Nightshade back a couple feet and doubled over as a vortex of negative energy engulfed his form.

Scarlet sped over to Nightshade who lay still and very pale, "Oh please don't be dead. Please oh please don't be dead!" she cried. Nightshade's eyes fluttered open as he looked up to Scarlet's sweet face, "You shouldn't have followed," he chocked looking up with Scarlet as the sky’s darkened and the vortex of darkness drew ever stronger. *Oh what in the nine hells has been brought on these realms now?* Nightshade thought sadly...

Author's Note:

Things are really beginning to spark aren't they? hahah. Please Leave a review! ~Ninyn