• Published 15th Sep 2015
  • 724 Views, 6 Comments

The Generals Sister - Shizuo35



Ryder is called off to war in Steurope to run a military base and has to leave his little sister behind with Celestia.

  • ...
12
 6
 724

Month 1: Day 7: A Ponyville Visit

Today is a special yet depressing day. I was writing with Ryder last night after Scootaloo had gotten to sleep. He tells me today is Scootaloo's eleventh birthday and that I should think about doing something special with her. All I could think of at that time was have Cheese Sandwich or someone throw a party here at the castle, invite Scootaloo's friends back here to attend it and have yet another sleep over. I'd do Pinkie Pie party but a few things: I don't know if she is ever free, I'm not sure if she would bring alcoholic beverages to the party, I don't have her phone number because Twilight keeps saying she broke another phone and always has to get a number change with info transferred over. Plus the clean up crew for her parties always complain about the huge mess. But... I only said that last night. This morning I woke up pretty peacefully. No padding, no aching bladder, no crying filly, no guards fighting outside of my door. That happens more than you think. I woke up to the light of my sun hitting me in the eye. I gave a grunt as I stretched. Apparently I woke up on my stomach so my wings could breathe and stretch out a bit. As I sat up I noticed a shadow just towards the bottom of my window. It was Scootaloo. She sat there in a pair of basketball shorts and a little tank top with a cute little candy monster on it. She actually didn't care that it was something girly but eh. She sat there looking out the window holding her stuffed wolf close. I got up fixing my nightgown and went and sat right next to her. "Good morning you! Why are you up so early?" I asked.

Scootaloo sighed leaning on me dropping her wolf to the side. "...its my first birthday without my mommy and daddy or Ryder..." She said. "...I know Ryder cant be here but.... can we at least go and visit my parents?" I rested my hand on her shoulder just a few inches shy of her wings.

"...I would but Twilight accidentally took a book from my mothers realm and since I brought her I cant visit her for a month... I'm sure your brother is writing a letter right now about how much he misses you and how much he wishes he could be here...." I notice her glancing up at her bed for a moment. I looked up onto her bed and saw a rolled up paper with a ribbon right near her pillow. I looked down at Scootaloo as I grabbed it with my magic. "He sent it while I was asleep didn't he....?" She nodded as I opened it up and looked at it.

'Dear Princess Celestia and Scootaloo,

Hey you two... Celestia if you're reading this war efforts haven't really changed from last time other than an agreed cease fire. I've made plans to keep an eye on the enemy just in case of a sneak attack like back in the jungles of griffsdonburg. I've got four bases near the enemy line keeping watch over everything across the line. So far nothing. Scootaloo if you ended up finding this happy birthday you! I'm very sorry I cant do anything for your birthday but I'm sure Celestia has something good planned for you. I hear Luna has a gift waiting for you somewhere in the castle. I bet you're going to get it very soon after reading this. I'm sure Celestia can let your friends stay over again. Celestia I wanna let you know PLEASE make this day a good one for Scootaloo! It's the first one without our parents and the first one I cant be there for. I don't care what you do as long as it doesn't involve any amusement parks. Those characters with the lifeless eyes creep Scootaloo out. I'll try and think of my own surprise and get back to you on that but do something! Anything! And... If you can... give Scootaloo a big hug for me... I certainly need one right now... gonna see if I can cheer myself up on the mortar range... Blowing stuff up can cheer anyone up right...? I'm not gonna waste anymore of your time so please think fast!'

He signed it leaving me to think while Scootaloo crawled into my lap and curled up like a little puppy. I used my magic to take the ribbon off and tie it into her mane. As I stood up I set her back on her bed before walking to the door and out. The guard that was standing out there was holding a large white gift box with a large red bow on it. He gave a smile looking to me. "Ah good morning princess!" He said. "I take it you slept well?" I gave a nod having my brush appear for smoothing out the feathers on my wings. My mane some how never got messy in bed.

"Listen... I need you to give the filly inside my room that gift... I have to find Luna and have a talk with her about today. Oh and once the little filly is done getting dressed walk with her to the dining hall. I do not want her to get lost in the halls." He gave me a nod and went into my room. I started to walk off giving my wings a good brushing smoothening the feathers out. As I brushed out my wings I again fell into a hypnotized state as I brushed. I walked right past guards who tried to acknowledge me yet somehow I knew where I was going.

I managed to come to my senses feeling a slap from my sister snapping me out of my trance. "CELESTIA!" She said. I dropped my brush and held my cheek where she slapped me. Luna was wearing a pair of jean shorts and a short sleeved gaming tee. This one had a flaming box on it with somepony sending fire out of their hand. "Sister you stood there for a few minutes just brushing your wings out! You know you cant just brush one wing over and over again! Swap wings every stroke!" I huffed.

"Sorry sister but I cant help but do this after your nightmare that nearly pushed me to stay in my room! My wings are very important to me! What if my convoy is out of commission and I cant fly myself to safety? I'm dead, you're in charge of the sun and moon and mother would just-" Luna slapped me again. I was honestly scared deeply by that nightmare... I had my wings revoked by mother because of something I did. She took them and something told me she told father and when he punishes somepony he goes deep and dark. I was riding in a militant jeep and we were rammed off the road. I did manage to shoot a few of the assassins with my revolver but one guy blew my hands right off with a shot gun and... well you can guess how it ended.

"Sister! Calm down! I apologized for that nightmare. I admit I took it too far but you'll be fine! Why don't I grab myself an energy drink and stay up the entire day for you? I'm sure Scootaloo would want to see me on her big day! Did she get her gift?" I gave a nod. "I have actually gotten her a phone via request of Ryder after she had gotten lost in the mall and the castle."

"Well... That is a pretty good idea sister... I probably would've gotten her something that she probably wouldn't have even liked... I actually don't even know what I can do after reading a letter from Ryder... I had a plan last night but Scootaloo just looked like she didn't wanna do anything today! I mean who doesn't want to do anything on their birthday? If I didn't want to do anything on my birthday who ever I invited to my last party would probably be pissed off thinking I didn't invite them this time!"

"Sister everyone celebrates our birthdays. When we were born mother and father agreed to create a holiday for each of us. Yours being the Summer Sun Celebration and... mine being turned to Nightmare Night... I doubt anyone would be doing anything fun on a Lunar Offering ceremony... Why mother named it that I have no clue but.... at least Nightmare Night everypony dresses up, plays their little games and give out candy to the little fillies and colts." Luna hugged me picking my brush up off the floor with her magic. I took it in my magic and made it disappear.

"...Sister... you go meet Scootaloo in the dining hall.... I need to get ready." Luna gave a nod before breaking the hug and flashing away. I flashed away to my closet where I got dressed getting my usual dress on. White, golden trimming and going down to my ankles. I went back and thought as I walked from my closet all the way to the dining hall thinking. My closet was just a small walk in with maybe a lot of machinery rotating my outfits around. Some I haven't worn for years and others I haven't for even centuries. I literally have a call girl dress when everypony was moving from the city to the desert and I had to open up the first saloon. Back then I actually talked like Applejack. I've gotten out of that phase but I have learned too many languages some of which are done for.

As I came into the dining hall I see Scootaloo sitting in Luna's lap hugging her with the new touch screen phone in hand. It had a wonderbolts themed case on it with a cute little phone charm. It was just a heart with an S and an R in it. Scootaloo and Ryder. I entered the room and walked along the table still in thought of what I could do. Scootaloo gasped getting up from Luna's lap and onto the floor. She was wearing a baseball long shirt and capris pants with her red little canvas shoes. Not to mention she did look pretty happy... happier than earlier.... "Do you really mean it princess? Are we going back to Ponyville for my party?" She asked. I instantly got confused and glanced at Luna for a moment.

"Why... Yes of course... Why not be with your friends for your birthday?" I nudged the smiling filly away from me. "Here... Why don't you go ahead and order your breakfast? I need to have a word with Luna for a moment. Princess things." She gave me a nod and hurried to her seat while Luna got up and walked towards me. I grabbed Luna's arm and pulled her towards the door in a hurry. As we went into the hallway I closed the door with my magic. "Sister what are you doing telling her we're going to Ponyville for the party?! We go there she might end up crying and if she cries while we're out shopping somepony might think I'm hurting her in some way! I don't want her to cry! She's from Ponyville, her brother lived with her, we cant just go there and try and avoid the house she was living in for her eleven years on this planet!"

Luna huffed crossing her arms. "Celestia this is Scootaloo we're talking about! Not Ryder!" She said. "I asked Scootaloo if she would be alright to go to Ponyville if I went with her and I told her I talked it over with you! She said she would be okay with it and I was going to tell you over breakfast! Besides she looked miserable just tapping at her phone screen all alone when I came in here! No guard to sit with her! Not even a chef! Speaking of something to get her I did hear of one of those new handheld gaming systems just came out and she might actually like it."

"But what if she doesn't? What then? Why cant we ask her what she would like? Did you ask her if she wanted that?" Luna shook her head. "You know I feel like you're only choosing gifts you would want. I understand you got a gift for Ryder when he entered the guard but that only added to your collection! Mother and father wanted to let you rest when you were back from the moon because they wanted you to take time to adapt to life in Equestria after all the time you've been away yet these video games are corrupting you!" Luna sighed covering her face and shaking her head.

"Sister I'm adapting just fine! I've gotten these games so I could twist my words and adapt my dialect around today's and not sound like a knight when everyone praised thy flank every sunrise and sunset! Why else did I snap and turn into Nightmare Moon!?" Yep... I pissed Luna off. She wasn't getting enough love for her moon raisings and I got all the praise. One day I thought I could raise the sun and leave it out a little bit longer and that's when she turned into Nightmare Moon. I hit her with the elements of harmony and sent her away immediately going into deep regret but mother told me to keep her there and she'll bring her back and change her fate. Anyways I huffed.

"...Alright you have a point there but we are still going to ask what Scootaloo would want for her birthday! If she says anything about her brother you're handling it! Understood sister?" Luna gave me a nod and we went back into the dining hall. Scootaloo was sitting in her seat sipping a smoothie with little sprinkles in it. "Ah I see the chef has gotten word for a birthday smoothie just for you!"

Scootaloo gave a nod as she swallowed the sweet treat. "It's got sprinkles and bits of cherries in here!" She said. I couldn't help but give out a little giggle as Luna and I took our places on either side of the little filly.

"That sounds like something I might want to try for myself." I glanced over at Luna. "Speaking of wanting something news of your birthday actually had blindsided me and I didn't have time to get you a gift. While we're out in Ponyville is there anything you'd like to get?" She gave a nod sipping her smoothie again. She swallowed and set her glass down.

"Well the carnival is always around Ponyville and... Last year my mom and dad took me for my birthday and we met Ryder there... He tried winning me a 'Bumper' Brand bass guitar. I don't want to play it but... Ryder said we were going to go to see Gems n Tulips and he'd see if he could get the bassist to sign it for me..." She sighed bringing her legs up into her chair hugging her legs. I rested my hand on her shoulder.

"...Oh sweetie.... Please don't ruin your own day with that.... I don't want to have to write to your brother saying your day was ruined because you were crying..." She whimpered and crawled into my lap hugging me. I hugged her back and just shushed her. At that moment my instinct kicked in... A... Motherly instinct.... I started to sing a lullaby my mother sang to me. It's in another language from long ago but I'll translate it loosely. "...The sky may be grey... but the clouds will blow away... dry your tears and let the sun shine through for you..." That turned out easier than it's original wording...

Instead of Scootaloo crying I had Luna start crying. She scooted over and hugged me putting Scootaloo between us. "Oh sister...." She said. "...Sing thy sweet tune again... mother always sang that to me when father would scare me...." It is true... Father would try and push Luna towards mother by scaring her into wetting herself. Mother sang her that song and chastised father for that yet Luna would always go back to father to seek the slightest bit of comfort when there were storms over our castle. I had sung it again setting Scootaloo unto my seat at the end of the table having Luna now sit in my lap. Awkward as it was I remembered back to when Twilight always sat in my lap as we read story books and such. I even fell asleep with her in my arms sometimes and she would continue to read.

Enough reminiscing about previous years. After breakfast Luna, Scootaloo and I made our way to the roof going to my helicopter. One of the guards who knew it was Scootaloo's birthday gave her a pair of headphones he had bought with some of his pay check. I noticed the gesture and put in a call to Shining and had him raise this guards pay by forty bits for the next months pay. He agreed and actually gave him a new paycheck in that amount almost immediately. Good gestures pay off and I still had my good gesture to do. We hopped into my chopper. I sat in my seat, Scootaloo sat across from me and Luna sat next to her and Scootaloo was using the headphones during flight so she wouldn't be startled by the chopper blades. Luna helped her download a music app and we were on our way to Ponyville. I texted Twilight and she agreed to get a party together somewhere with all of Scootaloo's friends and even Dash. But... I texted her saying maybe not Dash because she would probably cause her to cry but Twilight said she would be sure to have Dash's mouth shut about Ryder and what not. Anyways it took about forty five minutes to get to Twilights castle. As we landed I opened the door a bit too fast as we landed. A rush of air came in from the still spinning chopper blades and knocked the headphones off of Scootaloo's ears causing her to cover her ears and scream. "TOO LOUD! TOO LOUD!" She yelled.

I quickly closed the door and went to Scootaloo as she whimpered scared. "Sorry sorry it's a force of habit!" I said unbuckling her. She immediately jumped into my arms. "You're okay... You're okay I have you..." She trembled in my arms. I sat there for a few moments with Scootaloo in my arms having Luna aid in calming the little filly. I was beginning to wonder if I should even have brought the chopper instead of having a motorcade ride down here but it was already too late.

I waited until the chopper blades slowed to a halt before reopening the door. Twilight wasn't on the roof but for some reason Shining was. He was wearing his guard uniform. Armored up, long sleeve button up, jeans for that comfort and a pair of boots. He knelt down as I stepped out still holding Scootaloo in my arms. He stood back up and crossed his arms. "Surprised to see me?" He asked.

"To be honest... Yes actually... What are you doing here?" Shining sighed as I set Scootaloo onto the ground. He knelt down looking at Scootaloo.

"Well... Castle is still boring with Cadence out doing some marriage counseling with the Yaks. They're about as bullheaded as some of the Griffons who expect her to pay to give them services... Twily tells me it's somepony's birthday today though and I think I might know who it is. C'mon over here Scootaloo. I got something for ya!" Scootaloo hesitantly stepped away from me and approached Shining as he dug into his pocket. "This might've been last minute but it was the best I could do on such short notice." He pulled out a little card and showed it to her. "Here's a gift card with a hundred bits on it for what ever you want. I'm going to give this to Princess Celestia so you don't lose it okay?" She gave a nod and Shining used his magic to give it to me. I took it and put it in my bra with my phone. "So if you ever see anything you want you can get it for yourself."

Scootaloo smiled and hugged Shining. "Thank you!" She said. Was it wrong for me to think the best he could do was a gift card? I knew I was still going for the bass guitar and probably getting it signed would be a bit of a problem even for me. Last time I saw a rock band I caused a fight between the singer and the guitarist and they ended up breaking the band up. They both wanted to meet me so bad the singer smashed the guitarists set guitar that night right on the drum set and their fight was recorded somehow and posted on the internet. I had it removed but way after the band broke up after seeing it. Scootaloo looked to Shining as she backed away from the hug. "Wanna come with us to the carnival Shining? Princess Celestia's gonna get me a bass guitar so I can get it signed by the bassist for Gems n Tulips."

I hummed a bit thinking. Gems N Tulips... Where were they playing tonight....? I think they were in Las Pegasus today. "I say today we just relax here." Luna said. "It might be good for Scootaloo to spend a little time in familiar surroundings with familiar faces around. She's been cooped up in the castle for a long while all alone without any friends to play with."

Shining hummed as he picked Scootaloo up. "Well I was just at the carnival yesterday and I didn't see any guitars..." He said. "Besides those ones are cheap. I won one of them when the carnival was at Canterlot and later that day I broke the neck trying to tune it." He looked to me. "Let me get a motorcade together and we'll stop by the music store on our way over to the carnival. I'll handle everything for my best friends kid sister." He nuzzled Scootaloo making her giggle. I must admit it was cute. Even with the mention of her brother inadvertently.

Maybe about half way down we dropped Scootaloo off at a bathroom and had Luna wait for her while Shining and I kept walking. I huffed crossing my arms. "Shining she was just so depressed this morning...." I said. "I found her sitting at the foot of her bed looking out the window... First birthday without her parents is hard enough but first without her brother who was taking care of her? If I were her that probably would've drove me to hide somewhere where no guard or princess could find me!"

"You're doing the right thing on bringing her here to be with her friends. Unfortunately Dash is still laid up in the infirmary here in the castle. Twily had her moved over from the hospital just yesterday from what she told me. Hey maybe we could pay Dash a visit and maybe give her a good reminder on what today is. I saw her this morning and she was pretty hopped up on pain killers. Got a few doctors trying to find a sedative to dull the pain but not make her loopy as hell."

"...maybe... but... why don't you make sure of it....? I don't want Dash to be on those loopy meds and have her blab about Ryder... She's a big mouth and anything that's news to her is news to the entire town and I'm pretty sure she blabs to other blabbers and that escalates to an entire city... Just call me. I'm gonna get a drink from the kitchen..." I huffed and just flashed off to the kitchen leaving Shining alone. I actually was at the door to the kitchen because magic... well I don't really know the layout that well of this place. I basically had a soda with a shot. Nothing inebriating but something to just fix my mind. Of course with my high alcohol toleration I don't get drunk easily. I've been doing shots, body shots, and I even chugged a few pitchers of beer. All those were really on Nightmare Night when Luna was off inside the moon... wasn't fun waking up with a hang over some of those mornings after but it really helped a lot. After maybe about fifteen minutes of fixing my mind, Luna, Scootaloo and Shining walked in. Scootaloo was getting a piggy back ride from Shining looking happy again. I got up from the seat and smiled hiding the shot glass behind my cola. "Ah there's the birthday girl!" I took Scootaloo off of Shining's back and nuzzled her. She gripped to me hugging me. I could tell she was excited to see her friends. I looked to Shining. "The doctors say anything?" He nodded.

"Well they do have her on some powerful pills to numb her pain but it actually wasn't enough. She's still going to be in pain but she would be able to power through the pain. Twily tells me she's done this thing before." I looked back to Scootaloo.

"How about we go visit Dash in the hospital? Give her some smiles and get you some smiles?"

Scootaloo took a bit of time to think. Possible few minutes. "Sure!" She said happily.

"You promise me you wont cry?" I probably wouldn't have said that if it wasn't her cousin. Say if it were.... I cant actually think of anything there... huh... Anyways she held a hand up.

"Cross my heart hope to fly stick a cupcake in my eye!" I gave a smile and held her close.

"Good girl! Now if you do cry when we're visiting with your cousin I'm taking away TV and video game privileges for a week! Sound like a deal?" She gave a nod and I handed her over to Shining. "Lead the way Shining. I'm on your tail." I actually picked up my feet making sure I wasn't actually on his tail for some reason. That's actually happened before. I stepped on somepony's tail and when they tried walking away they fell back down. It's gotten to be a bit of a habit with me. I say 'I'm on your tail' I check around my feet making sure I'm on no ones tail.

As Shining left the room Luna approached me. "Sister what do you think you're doing taking away Scootaloo's screen time?" She asked. "She's going to go insane without those things in this day and age!" I huffed not even meeting her gaze.

"Sister I'm trying to make her emotionally tougher! She needs to learn if she cries it takes away from any good that can come of the day! I take away her screen time if she takes away my time trying to calm her down and today I want her to be happy! It is her birthday after all and birthday parties are always supposed to involve smiles! Especially Pinkie's. If she doesn't see a smile for who ever is throwing the party she's gonna get a smile out of them even if she has to pull out the big guns being the party canon loaded with glitter, tinsel and a bunch of messy confetti not to mention a turret that shoots silly string everywhere. So would you rather have Scootaloo crying her eyes out or would you want a happy filly?" Luna sighed crossing her arms.

"Fine... We're going by your rules... but it is going to be hard to keep her emotions under control while she's here in town. She's going to be surrounded by friends of hers. Not to mention the constant mentioning of Ryder at a chance anyone can get especially Twilight! She mentions something and someone always gets hurt! Need I remind you about Shining's birthday party?" Right... Twilight mentioned being late to his birthday because he invited one of the royal guards that always gives Twilight problems and that guard is one of his friends. No not Ryder but this guy was annoying as hell. Twilight ended up yelling at the guard with Shining nearby and she thought he would've been okay with telling him to stay away from her yet he was livid. He yelled at her causing her to cry and run off. I know this because she called me in tears saying Shining yelled at her and they didn't talk to each other for about a week and a half. I had to get both of them together and make them hug it out. It wasn't hard to do but it was nice to see siblings hug it out.

"I only said she couldn't cry with Dash. I didn't say she couldn't cry around her friends! Now quit whining and follow Shining!" Luna huffed and started walking away. I followed them staying behind my sister. I smiled seeing Scootaloo and Shining Armor getting along together but I actually did have to text Twilight saying she had to watch what she says about Ryder to Scootaloo because she will cry! I didn't get a reply but that's Twilight. She sometimes doesn't answer because she's busy with Pinkie and her party planning... that's this time... the last time she didn't answer she was studying for a test her brother was giving her.... for some reason I have no clue what.

Anyways we walked through the castle, went through a few hallways until we came to the infirmary. This infirmary is just for Twilight and who ever is injured of her friends and her guards. I had Luna, Shining and Scootaloo stay at the door while I looked amongst the beds. I saw different guards and some commoners in there. It was kinda sad seeing some of them there. I noticed some curtains at the corner of the room with Wonderbolts print. It was a flip of a coin. That was either a little colt or filly in there or Rainbow Dash... Just to be safe I peeked in to one of the stalls next to it. Both on either side taken up by a guard in a bit of pain. One with a kidney stone surgery the other broken legs. I finally peeked in behind Dash's curtains and there she was. Arms in casts, and both legs in casts along with her wings taped to her body. She apparently had her griffon friend in her room with her. She had white feathers that tapered off into a nice violet color. I liked it even though she dressed like a punk rocker. Leather jacket, ripped jeans and combat boots. Her wings were a dark brown. I looked back and motioned to the others to come in. Shining set Scootaloo down and she started to run towards me. I shushed her as I started to draw the curtains. She ran in laughing. "DASH!" She yelled.

Dash chuckled as I entered with Luna and Shining just seconds behind me. "Hey squirt!" She said. "I was wondering if Twilight was gonna let me tell you Happy Birthday... Guess it's good a time as any... Happy Birthday you little knuckle head!"

The griffon mare stood up a bit shocked at the sight of Luna and I. She immediately bowed her head in respect like a stallion. On one knee and fist against her chest. "Ah... Looky looky if it isn't Ponyville's speedster griffon." Shining said. "Gilda... You take a break from getting tickets to visit your friend here?" Dash looked up at Shining as the one he called 'Gilda' stood up.

"C'mon Shining leave her alone! Twilight had her flown out here by plane! She's keeping my flank company while I heal! She even has a room set up here so she feels at home! I mean c'mon it sucks in this hospital bed! I had to stay in a hospital bed for Gilda when she was laid up with a broken leg!"

Gilda stood back up. "I-it's true!" She said. "She stayed with me in the hospital and even helped me out at home!" Element of Loyalty... who says somepony cant be 'awesome and loyal'? Well... That's how Dash says it. Gilda looked to Scootaloo as I pulled Shining back. She obviously looked nervous with 'heat' in the room. "So this is that little squirt who you owe a birthday present I'm guessing. How's your birthday so far? See you got some uh.... some extra protection against the baddies..." I could see she was really nervous.

I sighed giving a little smile. "Oh Gilda? Could I speak with you outside for a second?" I asked. Gilda gave a nod and followed me out into the middle of all the curtains. A few doctors were going in and out of some other patient curtains. I turned and looked to Gilda. She looked as if she were just about to piss herself. "First off there isn't any trouble here so you can take a deep breath and relax. Second... that 'little squirt' in there is staying with me because her brother is at war... I'm only taking her here just to help her uh.... get her mind off her brother.... I assume you know him?" Gilda gave a nod and averted her gaze blushing.

"...D-dash got us drunk and we uh...." Yeah not finishing that statement.

"Oh... well that happens... Anyways... I'm trying to keep his mention on a minimum... She's really close to her brother and she's cried quite a bit over him and frankly I don't want her to cry on her big day. While we're here please try not to mention him and.... well... I could do something to minimize that chance but it's either that or a higher chance... It's kinda a coin flip. Cant tell the outcome. You go in there and please send my sister back out. I need to talk with her for a moment."

"Y-yes princess!" She hurried back into Dash's bed area. She was either scared or excited.... I couldn't tell.

Anyways Luna came out looking a bit confused. She approached me hesitantly. "Sister what do you need me for?" She asked. "Scootaloo was just talking to Dash about gift ideas for when she gets out! I don't want her to say something she shouldn't and end up crying!"

"Well that's the least of our problems. I may have thought of a gift but you might have to carry out fulfilling it."

"Well? What do you want to do?"

"I want you to use your healing magic on Dash. You can return limbs to normal while I can only add. I create Pegasai and I create unicorn. Our guards, yours mostly, were made by me to protect me while I slept and you while you walked amongst the dreams! Please sister do this for me and for Scootaloo!"

"And what makes you think she wont cry for this?"

"I think she wont cry for this because I'll make sure Dash and Gilda keep their mouths shut about you know who and keeping her here! I'll pay them off if I have to. If you do this I'll buy you that new racing game you've had your eye on since the trailer release! You know the one.... The post apocalyptic one with all those weapons, car modifications and that story mode multiplayer you want to try out!" Luna huffed blushing a bit. I poked a nerve.

"Fine... I'll heal Dash but I do expect a preorder version of the Angry Steel game! I hear it's supposed to give you four different car models including a design I submitted of a spiked hot rod with my cutie mark on the door!" Just then my phone went off just as I was about to answer. I huffed taking it out of my bra. I looked at the screen and saw it was Twilight.

"Just go inside the room and do it! I have to take this!" Luna nodded and went back inside the curtain. I quickly tapped my phone a few times before putting it up to my ear. "Twilight! What a surprise! How are things?"

I hear a ticked huff. "Applejack accidentally bumped into Pinkie making her spill cake batter everywhere. Lucky her she has to watch over Applebloom while Big Mac is resting at home." She said. "Spike is making sure no one here at Sugarcube Corner screws up and causes Scootaloo to cry over Ryder. Pinkie Promises appear to do wonders and I've already done that so incase I do screw up not only am I going to calm Scootaloo down myself I'm gonna get paddled by Pinkie... So... Yeah... there's that.... Are you doing okay? Driver a little lost?"

"No no Twilight I uh.... I'm having Luna heal Dash so she can spend time with the birthday girl.... I couldn't think of a gift and Scootaloo might like to be with her cousin slash sister figure. Do you have Gilda's phone number so you could call and have them promise?"

"Gladly Princess. Dash always has me keep Gilda's number along with a few other numbers just in case someone's drunk or uh.... weird going into something... Not going into detail but helps to have someone you know get a change of pants from your drawers... Anyways... uh try to get here soon."

"I will try and be there soon but uh... might have to see what Dash is gonna do first. See you soon!"

I hung up on my faithful student and just then I see a quick flash of light and I hear Scootaloo shriek. I rushed back to the curtain to see Scootaloo hugging Dash and my sister. "Thank you! Thank you princess thank you!" Scootaloo said excitedly.

I smiled a bit and just as I was going to answer Luna answered. "Oh uh... Y-you're welcome but I-I shouldn't be thanked for this!" She said. The little filly looked up at my sister.

"Come on you healed Dash! Just for me! I have to thank you!" Luna shot me a glare and I just gave her a slightly disappointed look. I even rolled my eyes at Scootaloo giving her the okay to take it. Luna looked back to Scootaloo.

"Well... You're welcome Scootaloo but know you cant stay with her. Ryder left you with us and expects you to be with us when he returns. Wouldst thy be okay with that?" Scootaloo gave a nod.

"Yes Princess Luna!"

I gave a sigh. "Good. Now not a word of this leaves to ANYONE!" I said. "Dash you can talk around your friends but anyone outside this room who knows of your injuries can be told but Ryder can not know! Understood?"

Everyone nodded. Scootaloo and Dash got up off of the bed as Shining cracked off the casts and released the tape with his magic. "Princess?" Dash said. "Would you mind if.... if I had Scootaloo spend the night around me possibly? I promise we can be here at the castle! You can take her after breakfast I swear!"

"Yes fine but she stays in my room with me. Now uh.... Me thinks we should get to the motorcade... No use in letting them wait!" I looked to Gilda who kinda looked a bit uneasy and kinda down. "Gilda would you like to join us? You're welcome to come with us if you want. I promise if you have anything on you it's cleared if you purchase a gift for Scootaloo. Above twenty bits. Nothing changes if you don't get a gift."

Gilda hummed a bit. "On one hand I get a clean slate and a better job... Or I could go and make Dash's cousin sad by not getting her a gift..." She said. "... I'll go with the gift. I did things in my youth that make it hell going through a job interview... Stole a few bags of candy, snagged myself a soda or two from liquor stores and the bike I earned through yard work and that I restored myself has a few stolen parts I did time for to help pay for them.... Welded them to my bike which might not be a good idea now that I think of it."

Dash looked down at Scootaloo. "You end up stealing something and end up in the back of a guard truck in cuffs I'm not gonna be happy! I'm sure Shining would love to put you on a loooooong time out!" She said.

Scootaloo whimpered and quickly came to my side. "Dash!" Shining snapped. "With you know who being a guard I'm sure she wont even try it!" He immediately went to my side and picked Scootaloo up. Poor filly was whimpering because of what Dash said. You would think someone who spends so much time around guards suddenly would just fess up somewhere. Shining would even see a sure sign in her face if she did have something to hide.

Anyways it took us about forty five minutes there to get from the castle to Sugarcube Corner in the motorcade. I sat with Scootaloo in Dash in the middle of a limo Twilight rented out just for us. Luna, Shining and Gilda were in the back just talking. We had to stop at a little shop to have Gilda buy Scootaloo a gift. Shining had to go with Gilda to make sure she didn't steal anything. She paid for it. It being a new wonderbolts style helmet that came with goggles too. I actually had a Pegasus guard run it back into my chopper. Scoot didn't see it but she's really excited to see it. Anyways once we managed to pull out in front of Sugarcube Corner where Twilight was standing outside wearing a dress. Deep blue one she had Rarity alter. I could actually see everyone inside scrambling to hide away. Shining opened up the door and stepped out being followed by Gilda, Dash and my sister. I was the last to get out with Scootaloo in my arms. Twilight actually bypassed her brother to come hug us. "Happy Birthday Scootaloo!" She said. Scootaloo laughed hugged Twilight jumping from my arms. Twilight couldn't help but nuzzle the happy little filly. "It's nice to see you too." She gave a bit of a laugh before setting her down. "Ready to have an awesome day? I hear you got some awesome gifts from everypony! Why don't you go on inside and see everypony? We'll be inside in a moment."

Scootaloo gave a nod and rushed inside with Dash, Gilda and Shining behind her. Luna waited at the door for me and Twilight. I looked to Twilight. "Thank you for doing this for her Twilight." I said. "She really seems happy being back here and seeing everypony around her... I almost don't want to leave here... She was so sad this morning when I woke up... Dash actually suggested to spend the night in your castle. I would have to have Scootaloo in my room if that is an option." Twilight thought for a moment.

"You might be able to have that. I can call and have your room prepped and ready for that. For now let's just enjoy the party." I gave a nod and started for the door but rushed in seeing Scootaloo rushing to the back with Dash chasing after her with Applejack both looking worried. I gave a huff and gave chase running after them rushing past Pinkie who was carrying a mop and bucket looking a little embarrassed. When I went into the door to the back I see Scootaloo with Dash and Applejack on either side hugging her. She had a stain between her legs.

"Oh no what happened?!"

Applejack looked up at me giving a bit of a sad look. "Well... sorry 'bout this princess but our big 'surprise' caused the birthday filly to have an accident..." She said. "...Thought it was a good idea but... well... aint such a good idea in hindsight... Pinkie just sent the cakes out to get her some fresh pants from Applebloom's drawers from my place. Already texted Big Mac to let em in."

Dash held the filly close as she cried. I could only walk back through to the front and sit down at a table off to the side. Fluttershy approached me passing by Shining, Twilight, Gilda and my sister as they talked with Pinkie, Rarity and the others. "Is everything okay Princess Celestia?" She asked.

I gave a sigh. "...I just don't know Fluttershy..." I said not even meeting her gaze. "Scootaloo was having such a good day since we left Canterlot and yet she wets herself... I don't even have a great idea for a gift for her...." Fluttershy patted my shoulder giving a slight sigh.

"Princess don't worry I'm sure theres a gift you can get her! Just think of something she would want! Think of who she is!" I actually did start thinking. I actually do remember what she wanted... the morning meal... The words 'Bender brand bass guitar' sounded off like a siren.... That and Gems N Tulips. I gasped having my jaw drop.

"...Fluttershy... Do you happen to know where the nearest music store is? You actually just reminded me of something she wanted..." Fluttershy thought for a moment.

"Well... there is a music shop around here... I just know the area it's in I don't know where it is exactly but I'd be happy to show you where." I smiled and got up hugging Fluttershy. "For this you are deserving of a special gift! Anything just name it!"

"Well.... I have always wanted to do karaoke but being in public singing isn't really me unless I get a few drinks in me.... I always end up being driven home and wake up with a hangover."

"I'm guessing a karaoke machine in your own home?" Fluttershy nodded. "Ah! Come along then!" I released Fluttershy and went to the door grabbing Shining on the way out. I was honestly a bit too excited to remember what was said between there and the music shop but I knew I put in a call to a few ponies... both being a surprise. I just gave Shining my card while I just went into the back of the shop to make the call. Anyways I went and had the guitar delivered to the castle and gave word about what I had planned.

Once we were back at Sugarcube Corner I didn't see Scootaloo anywhere. I saw Dash and Applejack with Twilight, Luna and... Actually Luna wasn't anywhere to be seen either. I rushed up to Twilight and pulled her off to the side as Shining and Fluttershy rejoined everypony. "There you are!" Twilight said. "Where the hell were you? Scootaloo is thinking you didn't want to be here! Same with my brother and Fluttershy!" I sighed.

"Look I'm sorry but Fluttershy reminded me of a gift idea and I had to take Shining because without a guard I'm a sitting duck for assassination! Fluttershy got a gift from me so she could do karaoke and well.... Look where the hell is Scootaloo and my sister?!"

"Scootaloo is upstairs washing up after her accident and Luna is making sure she's okay after that accident. What's Scootaloo's gift?"

"Go ask Shining what one of them is. For the other I'm sorry because it commandeers your castle!"

"Don't worry. Something tells me you have something planned and it's gonna be goooood!" I gave a nod and let Twilight go back to the party while I just went in the back and upstairs to find Luna standing outside of a bathroom door that was closed.

"I am so sorry I disappeared on you Luna! Is Scootaloo alright?"

Luna huffed looking down the hallway. "She thought you would stay the entire time!" She said. "When she came back out with Dash and Applejack she didn't see you OR Shining or even Fluttershy for that matter! She thought you three left to do something else!" I sighed.

"Okay we did but it was all for her! I have her gift back at the castle with a few extra things and I promise you she's going to cry tears of joy over it!" Luna looked to me a bit interested by my words. "You want to know what I have planned?" She nodded and I leaned in to whisper it in her ear. No spoiling the surprise! She gasped.

"No way! She is going to flip! Are you sure you don't want to give the guitar to her first?" I shushed her fearing Scootaloo would hear our words.

"I want to surprise her later so please don't spoil it!" She nodded and I hugged her a bit. "...When Scootaloo is cleaned up just tell me and I'll take her aside and apologize... I'll even tell her I got the thing she wanted... she doesn't know about the other things and I wont let her until tonight. Alright?" She nodded again and I let her go. I went back downstairs and waited about... say twenty minutes. Had myself a few slices of pizza, a soda or two and I was talking with Sweetie Belle and Applebloom seeing if any events were coming up in Scootaloo's life. Don't want to be blind sided and well... Applejack told me Ryder's birthday was in a few weeks. I've got a gift in mind for being strong enough to let his sister be apart from him. A desert camo Magnum, clip loaded, nine millimeter round, hell raiser! But I'm sending it out when the time is right.

Anyways Luna came and informed me Scootaloo was cleaned and dressed sitting at the table in back area, the Cake's personal kitchen and dining room. She was wearing shorts and a tank top. The tank top was restricting to her wings but it seems like she didn't mind. But... She did look a bit ticked off as I sat with her. She turned away giving me the cold shoulder. "...what do you want....?" She asked. "...you've clearly found something better to do other than be here.... Did Fluttershy or Shining take you out for a drink or something?" I sighed.

"Scootaloo.... Look I'm sorry but I almost forgot your gift.... Fluttershy reminded me about it and I took her and Shining to retrieve it! I found one that you wanted! Bender Bass Guitar right?" Scootaloo nodded. "I got it for you but I have it sitting in Twilight's castle! I don't know if it's the exact one you wanted but it is Bender!" She huffed still not turning to me.

"....I'll believe it when I see it you.... b-traitor!" Yes... I heard it. She almost called me a bitch. I'm letting her get away with it just this once. Next time she gets a mouth full of soap and a time out. I wont even try spanking her. Hating me wont help my case if Ryder even finds out via Shining or something... I gave a sigh.

"Fine... Just... just don't let me ruin your party... I'm sorry.... Can... can I at least have a hug....? Please?" I was so close to crying there. It hurt... The way she was acting having it be my fault.... I just got up and went out into the main area. Scootaloo followed me after a moment but a part of me wanted to pick Scootaloo up and hug her forcibly since she denied me. But I knew that was something I shouldn't do even if it was for forgiveness. Time would only tell if I have her forgiveness. As the party went on I saw smiles on everyones faces, I ate pizza and cake and had a few sodas and I talked with Twilight and her friends. Apparently Rarity is working on mending a tapestry she found in the old castle. There used to be a castle where Everfree now stands. Nightmare Moon destroyed it. Discord grew a chaotic forest. Speaking of Discord... I actually texted him. Yes an embodiment of chaotic energy knows how to use a phone. He's off at a private section of Manehattan beach. He sends his joyous and chaotic wishes... I have to watch out for a cloud of cotton candy that rains chocolate milk... He always has one pop up around somewhere for who ever's birthday he knows it is.

Okay moving on to gifts from friends... Starting from her young filly friends, Sweetie Belle gave her a signed picture of Sapphire Shores she got at a signing in Manehattan, Applebloom gave her a framed photo of her, her little cousin Babs, Sweetie Belle and her all wearing their capes for their little 'Cutie Mark Crusader' group. She actually kept her cape back at home and I really thought it was kinda cute but I had another idea... I'm having a new one made just for her. Moving to the older attendees Rarity got her a new outfit that had the Wonderbolts logo on it along with '01' on the back with the word 'WONDERBOLTS' in golden wording. Dash didn't get her anything, Twilight got her a book to read if she's ever bored... yeah I don't ever see her getting bored with that. AJ got her some new sneakers. Canvas shoes. Fluttershy got her a necklace she made herself, Pinkie doesn't give gifts cuz she's always throwing parties and that was about it. Later when I was setting the sun I stopped it at the horizon because her final gift from me was on the roof top where my chopper once was. I had guards move it so a stage could be set up. A stage with a camera and video screen so our little birthday girl could get a message from her big brother and so she could have a little private concert with Gems N Tulips! The entire band is here, Jax Tulip, Gash and the bassist Scootaloo likes, Sparkplug. Sparkplug the mare bassist. She was a bat pony mare. Demonic purple mane, tattered wings almost like she was from my fathers domain, always caught wearing some sort of equestrian army camo. White and gold for me, the standard dark green jungle with a bit of white and blue thrown in there, Luna's night guard camo. That's a deep blue camo with purple and a star on the sleeve. It's so cute. What Sparkplug actually was wearing was a band tee she ripped down the middle of the chest and ripped the sleeves off of and lunar camo pants. She came up to me and bowed in respect while the others just worked on setting everything up. "Well you know good taste in music if you're asking for us Princess." She said coming back up. "But as I recall you don't ever come to watch our shows and we always have Luna come to our shows. You know we had a Nightmare Night show she showed up to and that one was the only one we didn't know because she ended up coming on stage as Nightmare Moon which scared the living shit out of all of us!" I sighed hanging my head a bit.

"She does that to everypony but that's the first time I hear her presence not being announced..." I reply. "But... You really aren't here for me... I'm calling in a favor. You do this for me and I do something for you. Well... You do two things for me.... First off this is for a little filly who's brother is the General of my army and he's off fighting in the war. I do know you tape your shows from videos I see online but I've had the camera wired to a computer so the filly could talk with her brother whom I've sent a little computer and wifi adapter. Right now that filly and his sister is eating and spending time with her friends. I've bought her a guitar for you to sign for her and after signing it perform for her after she talks with her brother. Does that sound like something you can do?" Sparkplug gave me a smile.

"You kidding? We've performed at different bases around Equestria just for the guards that protect everyone! Tell you what. I'll sign and we'll perform without you having to do anything other than... maybe come see us in October. It might just up our sales a bit." I gave a smile and gave a nod. "So uh... Wanna check if that camera is hooked up right? No fun if there's technical difficulties during the call."

"Oh! Right right no screw ups especially if it's important!" We actually hurried back stage to get to the little computer I had set up. It was a lap top next to a wifi router. The screen was already pulled up ready to answer a call and I did see Ryder online. Why he chose the screen name 'BloodRain' I have no clue... Anyways we hadn't connected the sound up to it just yet so all we had was a camera and a mic. I disengaged the camera and mic on the outbound and used the one already in the computer to call up Ryder. The call program beeped a few times before the screen froze turning into a black box. I had a little box in the corner with my chest in it hearing a bit of shifting going on just before the camera kicked on on Ryder's side. I saw him sitting at a desk in his quarters alone wearing a tank top and his tags. His mane was a mess and he looked a bit tired and stressed but that was to be expected. "Greetings Ryder." I backed up and lowered myself a bit getting my face in frame. "Sorry I'm keeping you up. It'll all be worth it right?"

Ryder yawned giving a nod as he sipped from a soda can he had off to the side. "I promised Scootaloo I'd stay up late for what ever was going on and where ever I am doesn't matter." He said. "...It's actually good to see a familiar face. Thanks for sending me this laptop... It's taking the edge off of everything here... Had a few mortars hit us but we managed to take em out. No serious injuries, no deaths to report, but a bit of shell shock. Damage is minimal at best... damn sumbitches thought they could nail us with that close of an attack without retaliation... How's things on your end? Scoot having a good birthday?"

I gave a nod and stepped aside allowing Sparkplug to take my place. "Well I'd say she's gonna have the best birthday once she sees us!" She said. "You must be General Ryder. You already know who I am I assume?" He nodded getting a big smile on his face. "Gotta say man... Thanks for protecting us and doing what you do at home... Really appreciate it." She looked off to the side and saw Jax and Gash coming around the corner. "Oh... Something tells me the video screen was still on..."

Gash nodded. He was wearing his signature fedora with unicorn skulls and flames on it. He had a leather jacket on and a red shirt with the band logo on while Jax, the singer wore a muscle shirt, and tight skinny jeans with a bandana wrapped around his head. They came to Sparkplugs side and I swear Ryder's reaction almost made me put off the performance and the present. Almost... He just starts laughing and clapping just losing his mind. "Woah woah calm down hero boy!" Gash said. "Don't want you passing out!" I reached for the computer and took the cord out that had everything up on the video screen. Had a feeling something might be on its way...

Anywho... Once Ryder calmed down he shuttered as a thought came to my mind. "Say... What if we strike another deal?" I said. The band looked up at me. "I was thinking... Ryder here enjoys your music as well and he's a huge Gash fanatic if I'm right..." Ryder made little 'fangasm' sound. "And I am.... If I agree to pay the price of a sold out show would Gash be able to give Ryder a signed custom made guitar? I promise to pay for that as well!" I looked to Ryder's shocked face on the screen. "Deep breath big boy and uh... if you're going to scream do it over some gunfire! Or uh... just mute your mic and make it sound not like you're being murdered." He managed to choke it back and keep it inside. Gash glanced back at the computer for a minute.

"I guess I can make a special exception for him... Might just do him a solid and give him a common guitar I use...." Ryder fangasmed and.... possibly soiled himself. I huffed and nudged them aside getting back in the picture.

"Ryder why don't you take a moment to collect yourself and we'll call you back when it's time alright?" He didn't even answer. Just hung up the call. I sighed looking at the band. "You guys just wait here. I'll give the word to call back just keep your ears open alright?" They all nodded and I managed to make my way to the corner of the stage before looking back. "Oh and... Hook everything up again please... Hundred Bits extra for maybe a bit of band merch for them both too." I got nods again and finally went out to the front of the stage. I waited there for a good few minutes before I pulled my phone and texted my sister to bring everypony to the helipad.

That took about ten minutes- perfect time for Ryder to change his pants- and it didn't seem like it took longer than that. I see Scootaloo in Luna's arms, Twilight holding Scootaloo and Shining holding Sweetie Belle. Scootaloo didn't look like she wanted to see me but she was confused by the stage behind me. "What is all this....?" Shining asked confused as well. I used my magic smiling at Scootaloo as a guitar case appeared. I set it down on the ground as Luna set Scootaloo down.

"I'll explain but first... a little present I promised." Scootaloo knelt down to the guitar case and started unlocking the latches on it. I actually grew excited as she turned away hesitantly opening it. Yes she thought it was a trap but I'm a mare of my word. Once she saw the guitar she gasped. Twilight gave me a smile as her and her brother knelt down next to her. "See Scootaloo? I told you I had your gift... Bender brand bass guitar. I didn't know what model you wanted but this was one I thought would fit you!"

Scootaloo looked up at me getting a bit teary eyed. She said nothing as she gave the guitar to Shining and rushed me, hugging me. I hugged her back and picked her up. "...Sorry about earlier princess..." She said. I shushed her.

"...No... I deserved that. I didn't tell you I was stepping out but.... I hope what I have next for you makes that just a speck of dust on something shiny." I turned towards the stage and gave a whistle. The video screen lit up on stage and the video call application was shown. The call was being made. The sound of the application went through the speakers. Suddenly Ryder's picture appeared. He looked tired but better than before. Scootaloo screamed in my ear.

"RYDER!"

Ryder chuckled as he shed a tear. "Hey there Scoot..." He said. "... I'm sorry I cant be there for your special day... Judging by the smile on your face, your gift Shining's holding and your friends I'd say you're having an awesome day... Shining you and I gotta talk later but right now... I just wanna say I miss you all... everything is just so hard over here without someone climbing into my bed because they had a nightmare but... I've been pulling my weight around here just fine. I actually got a bit bored today and got a few of my men together and we made a little banner for you." He turned in his chair and scooted off to the side. "C'mon! Get in here you guys!" Just then two stallions came in toting two pieces of ripped sheets reading 'Happy Birthday', one word on each sheet. Ryder smiled looking back into the camera. "It might not be a guitar or a new scooter but... it was the best I could do. Happy Birthday sis... I love you...." Scootaloo sniffled trying to keep herself from crying.

"....I love you too Ryder..."

I held Scootaloo close just trying to keep myself from crying as well. "Ryder... You think you can do one last thing before we end the call?" I asked. "I think you know what I mean..."

Ryder wiped his eyes away giving a nod. "Scoot... Everyone...." He said. "You guys are gonna flip over this but... guys... show em what you got!" I set Scootaloo down just as Gems came out. She actually started screaming excited seeing the band. Sparkplug actually ran up and hugged her. I couldn't help but join in on the hug. That and cry. It felt so good seeing her that happy. So worth the money I spent but... hell I could be at a stallion strip club for a million years if I wanted to. Money stacks up when all you need is food, clothing and no one complaining. Anyways... about an hour after that I was just so tired. All the excitement just wore me out fast. I had Luna tell Scootaloo I was off to bed and that she has a wonderful time. I actually was so tired I didn't bother taking my clothes off before just passing out on my bed. It was the first time I ran on empty in a while. Anyways... Until next time.