• Published 3rd Sep 2015
  • 287 Views, 0 Comments

Seasons guardian - Guard Crimson Blaze



Not much is known about the creation of Equestria, we know Celestia and Luna control the sun and moon, but what about the four seasons.

  • ...
3
 0
 287

Revelations

"Your hiding again Cosmic" Starflash the wolf said watching Cosmic pace back and forth in front of the seasons tree. She glared at him.
"I am not hiding" She grumbled
"Oh really" He deadpanned "You hear Celestia and Luna are visiting and suddenly your too busy when actually you have nothing to do but tend to the tree, admit it your hiding"
"So what? Its too early to face them, I severed contact with them, the trees power is fading putting everypony at risk" Cosmic stated "What will they think, will they be angry, upset? What if they don't want to be my friends anymore like the two who I though were family"
"Hiding from them and saying it here will not solve anything" Starflash said putting a paw on her shoulder "I'll come with you, we don't have much time before the tree needs to be tended to again" They looked at it and Cosmic sighed in defeat
"Okay then but how are you getting down I'm not carrying you" Cosmic asked before wings erupted on Starflash's back "...Could you always do that?" She looked dumbfounded at the revelation.
"Ask later lets go" Rugia started flying down with Cosmic following slowly behind

Ponyville...

"So there wasn't any other reason you came here? Just a nice visit?" Twilight asked the sun princess as they sat in her castle having tea with Celestia, Luna and her friends.
"Twilight, Cosmic and a friend of hers is here" Spike said opening the door. A wolf came in dragging somepony by their tail
"I change my mind I'm not ready yet" The Pegasus that was Cosmic yelled desperately trying to crawl back through the door. Getting irritated the wolf's wings glowed and the Pegasus was lifted off the ground and put in front of Celestia and Luna who looked shocked as they recognized the Pegasus.
"Cosmic?" Celestia asked making the pony in question look shyly up at her and greeted
"Erm hi?" It came out more like a statement. Celestia hugged Cosmic with Luna joining in all three smiling
"We are glad that you are okay" Luna said smiling
"Cosmic it is very nice to see you again" Discord said appearing from nowhere only to get shocked from a lightening cloud that Cosmic had created. He gulped and tried running away only for Cosmic to appear in front of him in a flash of light glaring at him
"Nice to see you again? Thats all you have to say" She growled glaring at him. Seeing him smiling nervously she sighed but left the lightening cloud to chase Discord around "There's more where that came from, after I get bored from this I'll do something else"
"Is it me or is she similar in personality to Discord?" Rainbow whispered to everypony
"Thats because I raised Discord since he was a baby and taught him how to control his own" Cosmic responded deciding to freeze Discord from the neck downward "I found him abandoned in what you call the everfree forest not long after Celestia and Luna were crowned princesses and brought him back home with me"
"What was he like?" Fluttershy asked
"Childish but that hasn't changed" Cosmic stated bluntly "I use to encounter his kind a lot when they were around so I knew how to raise him and help him control his magic"
"There's more of him" Rarity questioned making Cosmic glace back at Discord who was also interested with hope then back to the mane six
"Well I honestly don't know anymore" She replied making Discord deflate "His kind lived in the everfree forest since they loved the nature of it there, it also explains the odd creatures in there and how unnatural everything there is"
"Why did you never tell me" Discord asked hurt in his voice
"I knew that the other draconequus would be gone" Cosmic held up her hoof to Discord before he could speak "They told me themselves and when I asked how or why they only told me that I needed to look after the youngest draconequus when they're gone"
"I think you told us about this" Luna said "We did investigate on their disappearance but its like they never existed"
"Since we're talking and talking about the past, do you forgive me?" Discord asked only to get a glare from Cosmic who sat in front of him
"Tell me why you left so suddenly" She commanded "And maybe after a few punishments I'll forgive you" Discord looked at Cosmic who was staring into his eyes intently.
"Alright I'll tell you" He sighed giving in "A few days before I left a shadowed figure approached me when you were tending to the tree and told me how I can express my chaos to the world and it would bring my family that I never knew of back, he said they'd return if I caused chaos all around the world, and that you'd follow so I didn't need to say goodbye"
"I never met any shadowed man" Cosmic said going in thought rubbing a hoof under her chin
"Your power unconsciously puts an invisible shield around you to keep any evil spells and influences from affecting you" Starflash explained "What I'm concerned about is how this shadowed figure got through the shield surrounding the island as only I, Cosmic and anypony we have invited to visit or have allowed to live there can enter" Starflash then made his way to the door dragging Cosmic with him with his magic
"Maybe we can take them with us" Cosmic suggested causing her to slam into the door as Starflash suddenly stopped not paying attention to where he levitated Cosmic who was now holding her muzzle in pain from the impact.
"That might be a good idea but I can't carry those who can't fly" Starflash pointed out then Cosmic grabbed Pinkie, Rarity and Applejack and put them on his back while Spike was on hers. She trotted by him grinning all the while
"Problem solved" She stated

They landed on the land outside the barrier letting everyone who were riding on Starflash and Cosmic off their back. Peering closer to look at the shield Cosmic then flew off to the top and disappeared while Starflash let everyone in making sure nothing was sneaking in. Everyone was in awe as they took in the scenery to the tropical looking nature, the ancient artifacts to the large colored tree on a small hill in the middle.
"Thats one mighty big tree" Applejack commented
"Thats the season tree, it makes sure the seasons are balanced as everypony start the change to the next season" Starflash said making sure nopony got too close "As you've noticed the color is divided into four showing what a tree looks like in every season and the unique thing is that when the tree has enough energy that Cosmic gives it extremely delicious fruit grow in seconds each with a different effect when eaten"
"What kind of effects are they?" Spike asked
"For summer the fruit give an extreme energy boost in energy, strength for earth ponies and for unicorns magic power,and for autumn it gives body changes like for an earth pony they'll either get wings or a horn, for Pegasus they'll get a horn but they'll lose their wings till the effects wear off, and unicorns they'll get wings but lose their horn" The mane six looked amazed so Starflash continued "For Winter the fruit has healing abilities and can even heal somepony on the brink of death but it can't bring back the dead, and for Spring it can for some reason satisfy your hunger and thirst for three days"
"Thats amazing" Fluttershy said
"Rugia has something happened the tree doesn't glow as brightly as it use to" Discord asked getting a glare in the process and gulped nervously "I suppose I have something to do with it"
"Ever since you and a certain Queen left Cosmic, the amount of energy she has been giving the tree isn't enough to last a few days so she's had to do it every two days" Starflash was going to continue till Cosmic flew over to them.
"It seems the shield isn't strong enough to keep out evil influences and since I'm immune to it I never sensed it" She then gave a curious look to her wolf friend "Can you get influenced?"
"No before your parents passed they placed a protective spell on me to ensure that, it can't be broken since its on level with the barrier around you" He explained
"So you've been stuck here" Rarity asked "What do you do?"
"Well I wake up, eat breakfast, tend to the tree then wonder around the island and check the barrier, have lunch then take a small nap or wonder around some more, have dinner and wonder around some more or talk to Starflash then go to sleep" Cosmic answered shrugging "Its what I've always done before Equestria was formed, and yeah its normal for me so...yeah"
"You mentioned a certain Queen before and the only queen we know is Queen Chrysalis" Twilight said "Did you raise her as well"
"Yeah her hive abandoned her because she looked different from the other changelings, so I took her in but it was a bit difficult feeding her but I found out you just had to make something with lots of love" Cosmic explained then started flying away leaving Starflash to show everypony around
"Does anyone ever eat the fruit from the tree?" Luna questioned curiously wanting to know more about their old friend "Cosmic never spoke much about the tree except it had a part in balancing the seasons" Starflash answered
"Cosmic can eat the fruit but she only has small amounts due to the affects, but the draconequus did get the spring fruit but its been only them that have ever taken them though it was only to feed animals in the forest"
"Not even Chrysalis and Discord ate them?" Pinkie asked and Discord answered this time
"No there are normal fruit trees around the island and she even grew vegetables behind her house" He had two books appear in his hand with the title 'how to take care of changelings' and the other 'How to look after a draconequus' "According to these books, if mine and Chrysalis' kind eat the fruit the affects of the fruit could change to be the opposite of what they should do because of our magic"
"Its also because you have chaos magic that would mess up the effects of the fruit, and Chrysalis has a large amount of unusual magic that Cosmic wouldn't be able to reverse the fruits affects if wither of you took even the smallest bite, since your large reserves would speed the up the process" Starflash added as well
"What happened to Chrysalis anyway, we know she left like you did but to us she wouldn't seem like somepony would be good" Rainbow Dash questioned Discord "Did this shadowed figure confront her too?"
"Not that I know of but if she did she wouldn't tell me" He answered with a shrug "We never got along but she wouldn't leave without a reason that much a know"
"Do you think Cosmic would talk with her?" Twilight asked the wolf "Would Chrysalis even want to?"
"Its up to Cosmic really" Starflash stated then added with a sigh "If she can let go of the past, even for a little she might be able to but I know she wants to speak with her except her past she still clings to"

Author's Note:

If you have already read this chapter before you would have noticed some slight editing. I'll need to get a proper editor soon though to look over my story. Anyway an update will not come for a while as I am finishing end of year exams but will be posting after their done. I did realize that Starflash's name had changed and I have corrected that. I also might be posting another story soon that will be connected to this story but not quite a sequel.