• Published 29th May 2012
  • 2,313 Views, 59 Comments

Batmare - Puppo530



Rainbow Dash loved her parents. When they were murdered, she swore vengeance...

  • ...
3
 59
 2,313

Prologue - Two Shots in the Night

“Batmare”

Prologue

Two Shots in the Night

Rainbow Dash is just your ordinary filly with rich billionaires for parents. Eeyup, run-of-the-mill, that filly is. Her parents, Dashing Sun and Rain Bow, loved her very much when she was small. Her orange, red, and yellow mother taught her how to fly and other cool things. Her blue, green, and purple father taught her how to control the weather and how to be overall awesome. They loved her very much, and together they made an awesome family.

Rainbow Dash grew up in a very expensive manor. Her parents were billionaires, so they could afford pretty much anything they wanted to. Both of her parents were well known in Ponyville, and they were good friends with the mayor. They supported political campaigns, made many donations to the city, and did other good things that billionaires should do.

One night, Rainbow Dash and her parents were walking home from a movie. They had just finished seeing Daring Do and the Baneful Bat. Rainbow Dash was still in post-movie hype, and was running around like Daring Do. They were taking a shortcut through an alley when they heard a small explosion from behind.

Rainbow Dash looked behind her to see the source of the explosion. She recognized a pony named Donut Joe. Joe was levitating a small handgun with an aura of magic around it and his horn. Rainbow Dash looked to her parents. She saw her father, but her mother, Dashing Sun, was on the pavement of the alleyway. Blood was being drained slowly from her body as she sat lifeless on the concrete.

Rainbow Dash and her father began galloping away from their attacker. A second gunshot was heard, and Dash heard a body hit the pavement next to her. When she reached the street, she saw a police stallion that was galloping toward her. When Donut Joe saw this, he took off. The police stallion began pursuit, leaving a cyan filly alone with her dead parents.

Dashie sat down on the cold concrete of the alley. The blood from her parents mixed with the rain of the night and the tears from her eyes. She stared at her parents for many minutes before getting up. She said her goodbyes to both of them, and then left.

Rainbow Dash did not cry at the funeral. Her father told her never to cry. She honored his wishes. She didn’t feel a need to cry. She felt nothing as she stared at her lifeless parents. She felt nothing as they were lowered into the ground. She felt nothing as they were buried, never to be seen again.

She was given everything. The manor, the money, everything was given to her. She had no need for it. She was old enough to take care of herself. She spent most of her days sitting in her dad’s old chair, staring out the window. Her friends would visit her, if she had friends. The only person she could actually consider a friend was Fluttershy, but she spent her days on the ground now with those creepy animals.

Tank, her butler/tortoise, tried to cheer her up, but it was no use. She was dark and depressed. She had been forced to grow into a mare. Nothing would change her. She would live like this for the rest of her life. Nothing would be able to change the depression she had fallen into. Nothing…

…except a newspaper article. Tank brought her the news everyday, but she hardly read it. She was too busy staring out the window. The front page of this day’s newspaper caught her attention, though. It read, “Dash Murderer Released on Good Behavior”. The title alone took her back to that night. Donut Joe had been released from prison for killing her parents.

She felt a silent, white rage fill her heart. She broke several things in Dash Manor. The anger that had been suppressed for far too long was released in one torrent of broken heirlooms and priceless artifacts. When Rainbow was done, when all of her anger had been released, she thought back to the night once more. She thought of the killing, but she thought of something else as well. She thought of the movie that they had seen.

She thought about a bat.

Rainbow Dash was quickly forced out of a depression and into a training montage. She trained day and night. She had nothing else to do, so why not get into shape? She also started her own company, Dash Incorporated. This company has many branches: entertainment, food, ships, medicine, industry, etc. Using the money from the company, she built an extension to Dash Manor. She also began building crime-fighting weapons, storing them in the new extension.

She hired Rarity, a popular fashion designer, to make her a suit that would strike terror in the eyes of criminals. When asked what to base it off, Rainbow Dash responded with two words, a bat.

Rainbow Dash used the new extension of Dash Manor as a headquarters for her new ‘project’. She turned herself into a hero. She called the extension, the Bat Cloud, and her new persona, Batmare.

Before she began her reign of terror upon all the criminals in Ponyville, Rainbow Dash visited her parents’ graves for the first time since the funeral. She laid down warm-colored flowers on her mother’s grave and cool-colored flowers on her father’s grave.

She stood next to the graves for a long time before saying anything. She just stood there, thinking about what led up to this point and what was going to follow. When she finally spoke, she was in tears. She promised them that she would rid Ponyville of its crime. She promised them that she would never let what happened to her happen to anyone else again. She promised vengeance upon Donut Joe. She promised vengeance upon all of the scum that lived in Ponyville.

Rainbow Dash flew back to her manor. There she perched on top of the highest cloud in Dash Manor. There she watched. There she waited. There she began her destiny.

Author's Notes

The title of the prologue and all of the chapters are quotes from the musical: "Holy Musical B@man" by Starkid. It's on YouTube. You should check it out, it's hilarious. This quote is from the first song: "Holy Musical B@man". The lead singer sings, "One shot, two shots in the night and they're gone, and he's all left alone...".

Why Donut Joe? He is the first pony that came to mind when I read on Wikipedia that the guy who shot Batman's parents was named Joe Chill.

The reason I didn't have any dialogue in the prologue is that I didn't want to. I wanted the prologue to feel different from the actual chapters.