• Published 28th Aug 2015
  • 764 Views, 7 Comments

The Legend of the Light Kingdom - Rakoon1



The story about how the Light Kingdom was creating and how it fell under a stone sleep, as well the reasons that led to it.

  • ...
2
 7
 764

A Vicious Dark Pony

After the fall of Perfect Scale, Aurora and the Generals of Order decided that Perfect Scale would be forgotten. For that, they assured that Scale would never come out of his cell, all thanks to Golden Paladin and his special magic, such as the golden chains. After this, Purple Smoke removed Scale from the figure at the foyer of the castle and transformed the large seven-pointed star in the Great Hall in a six-pointed star. The generals also sealed the entrance to the Diamond Domain, creating a new one behind the figure. Finally, Aurora has decreed that nopony could ever mention Perfect Scale, in order for him to be forgotten for good.

The Generals of Order had been very affected by Scale’s betrayal, but the one that was the most affected was Golden Paladin. He and Scale were great friends and the fact that it was Golden Paladin who arrested him left the General of Peace quite saddened. He turned away from the other Generals, isolating himself and spending a lot of time at the border.

One day, months after what happened with Scale, Aurora was walking through the halls of the castle when she found Heartbeat.

"Heartbeat" she called her.

"Yes, princess?" Heartbeat asked, turning to her.

"Did you see Golden?" Aurora asked. "I don’t see him for some time."

"Well..." Heartbeat said, wondering if she should or not tell. "I also haven't seen him, but I know where he is."

"You know?" Aurora asked.

"It's pretty much the only place I see in his memories" Heartbeat said. "I know it's not very correct watching somepony's memories, but he has been so sad."

"I know" Aurora said. "That's why I wanted to talk to him. I wanted to help him get through all that has happened. Can you tell me where he is?"

Heartbeat smiled and waved.

On the part of the border from where Aurora and his tribe get in the Light Kingdom, Golden Paladin was sitting on a rock looking out across the border. That was his favorite place when he needed to be alone and, in those last months, he has needed it too much. He couldn't stop thinking about Scale.

It was then that he felt a hoof over his shoulder. Golden turned and saw it was Princess Aurora.

"Princess?" Golden asked, while Aurora sat on his edge. "What are you doing here?"

"I came to see how you were doing" Aurora replied. "I've seen you so little lately that I started to get worried."

"Let me guess" Golden Paladin said. "You found out where I was through Heartbeat."

"Yes" Aurora replied.

"She's always getting in my life" Golden Paladin said.

"I prefer to think that she cares about you."

"She cares too much, in my opinion."

That made Aurora drop a laugh, but Golden Paladin remained serious. The princess then said:

"Look, I know you don’t want to admit it, but I can see that you're hurt for what Scale did. Mainly, because you had to put a stop to his plans."

"I’m sorry, princess, but you're wrong" Golden Paladin said. "I'm not suffering because of that traitor. And, besides, I just did what my duty told me to do."

"Maybe that's what you're saying is true, maybe not" Aurora said. "Only you can answer that, but I know there's something else besides that. I can feel it. Scale's actions aroused in you something that's troubling you and I want to help you."

Golden Paladin was silent. Initially, he didn't want to open up with Aurora. Being the General of Peace and the leader of the Generals of Order, he should be disciplined and control his own emotions. But Aurora’s warm look and smile made him go through his pride and answer:

"Scale was one of my best friends, one of the Generals with more influence and power. He let himself be corrupted by his own pride and greed. Princess, and if this happen to any of my brothers and sisters? And if I'm forced to arrest another General? Worse, what if I let myself be corrupted like him? That possibility is something that does not cease to haunt me."

Now Aurora understood. Golden was not dispirited by Scale’s betrayal. He feared becoming like him. But the Princess of the Light Kingdom wouldn't let Golden be worried about that, especially because of who he was. She took his hoof and said:

“Golden, listen to me. You will never become like Scale."

"How can you be so sure?" Golden asked.

"Because I know you" Aurora said. "You are the bravest, the most honorable and the most selfless pony that I know. And I haven't even said a fraction of your qualities. A pony like you will never end like Scale. You're too good for that. But there is also another reason. Just because you are afraid of becoming like him proves that you are completely different and that you will not let that happen."

Aurora's words were heard by Golden with his full attention. It looked like they had some power that made his doubts begin to disappear and a smile appeared on his face. Princess Aurora had that effect on him. She could always make Golden feel better and he loved being in her company, something that made him wonder about what he could feel really by Aurora.

It was then that his thoughts were interrupted by a voice screaming:

"HELP! SOMEPONY HELP ME!"

The screams were coming from outside of the borders of the Light Kingdom.

"But what is this?" Aurora asked.

"I don't know" Golden Paladin answered, descending from the rock, followed by Aurora.

They looked and saw somepony approaching. It seemed that he was staggering and he looked beat up.

"HELP!" the stranger shouted again.

When Aurora came back to hear that voice, she noticed it was somewhat familiar. It was then that she finally recognized it. But it couldn't be. The princess looked more closely and saw him: Thunder Spark, tired and injured.

"It can't be" she said, starting to move forward. "Thunder Spark?!"

The stallion looked and then saw her and exclaimed:

"Lady Aurora!"

Aurora started running towards him, but before she could cross the border, Golden Paladin appeared in front of her, blocking her way:

"Wait, princess!"

And, conjuring his magic, Golden activated the shield that surrounded the Light Kingdom, preventing anypony from entering or leaving.

“Golden, what are you doing? "she asked. "He's an old friend of mine."

"What's the matter, Lady Aurora?" Thunder Spark asked with a confused air, reaching the shield and failing to pass it.

“Golden, let Thunder Spark get in" Aurora said. " We can trust him."

"I'm sorry, Princess, but I'm just doing my job" Golden said. "This could be a trap."

"Ridiculous" Aurora said. "Look at him. Thunder Spark needs help."

"There's only one way to find out who he really is" Golden Paladin said. "Heartbeat!"

And, appearing with her super-speed, Heartbeat appeared.

"Oh, I'm glad you're better, Goldy" she said. "By the way, I’m sorry for having been snooping around. I was really worried about you."

"Forget about it now" Golden said. "I have a job for you."

Heartbeat then noticed Thunder Spark and asked to Golden Paladin:

"What do you want me to do?"

"Examine him" Golden Paladin ordered, pointing to Thunder Spark.

Heartbeat quickly crossed the border, making the light that radiated from her getting weaker, getting muzzle to muzzle with Thunder Spark. Then a smile appeared on her face. She took a few steps away from him and then said:

"Reveal your intentions."

Heartbeat's words seemed to have affected Thunder Spark that started to moan and it was then that he became a dark pony, much to Aurora’s shock. Thunder Spark, after he had transformed, started acting wild, trying to attack Aurora, but Golden’s protection shield prevented him from attacking.

"Thunder Spark…" Aurora said.

"I know" Golden said. "He is a dark pony. The Lord of Chaos should have sent him to attack you, princess. Turning his body into a normal pony, he hoped that you would let him enter in the Light Kingdom."

"I can't believe..." Aurora said.

"Don't worry, princess" Golden said. "We're going to save him. Heartbeat, he's all yours."

"What?!" Heartbeat asked.

Then Thunder Spark, having heard her, turned to her and prepared for the attack. He attacked, but Heartbeat was too fast and could dodge with immense ease.

"Can you explain to me why do I have to fight against this dark pony?" Heartbeat asked, while dodging. "After all, you are the General of Peace."

"But I am the leader and I’m telling you to deal with him" Golden Paladin said. "Besides, you've a purifying touch, remember?"

"Oh, yeah" Heartbeat remembered, stopping.

When Thunder Spark approached to attack Heartbeat, she quickly touched his forehead. When the hoof touched him, Thunder Spark stopped and an immense light went to him who started moaning. It was then that the flower which contains the star seed appeared and opened. Thunder Spark’s star seed appeared, but it was black. But the light that was passing to Thunder Spark quickly made the star seed recover its light. Black roots appeared, involving Thunder Spark, and when they are gone, the stallion was back to normal, falling on his hooves.

With the danger now dealt, Golden Paladin deactivated the shield and left Aurora approaching Thunder Spark. She reached his edge, and he began to regain consciousness.

"Thunder Spark, are you okay?" Aurora asked.

Thunder Spark, feeling an immense headache, looked at her and asked:

"Lady Aurora?"

"Yes, it's me" Aurora said, smiling.

That made Thunder Spark smile too, being glad to see Aurora.

"I'm so glad to see you again" he said.

It was then that he noticed Aurora’s wings.

"Mi lady, you have wings!" Thunder Spark exclaimed. "And you are wearing a crown."

"This is all a gift from the Lord of Order, as well as what he promised us" Aurora said, beginning to help Thunder Spark cross the border of the Light Kingdom. "Look."

Thunder Spark was speechless before what he was watching. The beauty of the Light Kingdom enraptured him.

"Amazing" he said. "There are no words..."

"Our people are prospering in these immensely beautiful and fertile lands full of light" Aurora said.

"And who are they?" Thunder Spark asked, referring to Golden Paladin and Heartbeat.

"Well, Thunder Spark, these are Golden Paladin, the General of Peace, and Heartbeat, the General of Affection" Aurora said. "They and their siblings are the most loyal followers of the Lord of Order who were sent by him to assist in the construction of our kingdom."

"Kingdom?" Thunder Spark asked.

"Yes, the Light Kingdom, what you are seeing" said Aurora, pointing to the urban area of the kingdom. "But now I'm curious, Thunder Spark. What happened? The last time I saw you, it was almost five years ago at Dark Night’s castle."

"Five years?" he asked. "It's been five years?"

"Yes, but don't you remember anything?" Aurora asked.

"No, nothing" Thunder Spark answered. "The last thing I remember it’s me and the others being captured by Dark Night. Suddenly, he and his servants became different, with darker tones and red eyes. They took us to a being with a malignant air that turned us into beings like Dark Night and the others."

"I'm sure this being that you mentioned is the Lord of Chaos" Golden Paladin said.

"Lord of Chaos?" Thunder Spark repeated.

"He is the younger brother of our master" Heartbeat said. "He is physically quite similar to the Lord of order, but he's bad, cruel, mean, liar…"

"I think he got it" Golden Paladin said to his youngest sister. "It turns out that you, Thunder Spark, and your friends fell into his temptation. That led you to be turned into dark ponies to serve him."

"What are dark ponies?" Aurora asked.

"They're dark beings whose star seeds, instead of having light, have darkness" Golden replied. "They serve the Lord of Chaos unconditionally and their bodies are modified to adopt the darkness that they contain. Fortunately, certain beings like us, the Generals, or you, princess, can turn this darkness into light and so heal those who were infected."

"I see" Aurora said. "Fortunately, you came to meet us, Thunder Spark."

"Even if it was the Lord of Chaos who, probably, sent him to attack you," Golden Paladin said to Aurora.

"Well, luckily, my Generals were here to protect me" Aurora said. "Well, it's time to go back to the kingdom. Thunder Spark needs treatment."

They then returned to the Light Kingdom. The light ponies were surprised and happy for the return of Thunder Spark. Reaching the castle, purple smoke appeared and Purple Smoke materialized, telling to Princess Aurora:

"Princess, I'm glad I found you. I just finished your portrait and I must say it's fantastic."

"I'm sure of it, Purple" Aurora said. "Let me introduce you to an old friend of mine. His name is Thunder Spark. Thunder Spark, this is Purple Smoke, the General of Talent."

"It's a pleasure" Thunder Spark said.

"I say the same thing" Purple Smoke said. "And I have to say that your Cutie Mark is amazing. But also what could be expected of a creation of mine."

"Creation?" Thunder Spark asked.

"Yes, Thunder Spark, Purple Smoke is the creator of the Cutie Marks" Aurora said.

"But, after all, how many Generals there are?" Thunder Spark asked.

"A lot, but here there are six" Heartbeat replied. "Well, before we were seven."

But she then received from Golden a look that made her say:

"But now we are six."

"Well, I see I have a lot to learn" Thunder Spark said.

"But I'm sure you will learn everything quickly" Aurora assured, putting a hoof on Thunder Spark’s shoulder.

The Lord of Chaos was observing the scene through one of his mirrors, sitting on his throne.

"Damn, I was so close! If it wasn't for that General of Peace, probably I would have the original star seed in my hand. But this is not over yet. I can still have that star seed. I just have to wait for the right moment."