• Published 28th Aug 2015
  • 764 Views, 7 Comments

The Legend of the Light Kingdom - Rakoon1



The story about how the Light Kingdom was creating and how it fell under a stone sleep, as well the reasons that led to it.

  • ...
2
 7
 764

The Corrupted General

Since the foundation of the Light Kingdom, things in the Pony World seemed to be going better to the Order side. With Princess Aurora and the Generals of Order to retrieve what the Lord of Chaos had taken from the Lord of Order, soon the Pony World began to recover the stability it had before.

In a land located to the north of the Light Kingdom, the three tribes of ponies founded a new kingdom called Equestria, all thanks to Golden Paladin and Heartbeat that had used their skills of diplomacy and empathy to influence secretly the ponies to get along and find friendship. This action sent the Windigos away due to creation of a heart of fire created by the spark of friendship.

Further north, thanks to the joint efforts of Mirror Coat and Heartbeat, a new kingdom was created with a new breed of ponies, the crystal ponies. This new kingdom called Crystal Empire had also a crystal heart that could project the love and hope of the ponies all over the world, which ended up also influencing other creatures.

All this led to the loss of influence of the Lord of Chaos in the Pony World, something he tried to fight, but to no avail. Therefore, he decided to opt for another approach. Instead of trying to conquer the central realm of that reality, he began to conquer all the realms that constituted the Pony Reality. This turning point in the game caught Aurora and the Generals by surprise, which gave to the Lord of Chaos a clear advantage. When they found themselves he had contaminated with his darkness so many realms, what forced the followers of Order, who were unable to release these realms, to seal them in order to not contaminate the others.

However, the Generals didn’t know that this would lead to a situation that would force them to make a tough decision.

It all started about three years after the founding of the Light Kingdom, when Aurora, Golden Paladin, Mirror Coat, Leaf Mane, Purple Smoke, Melody and Heartbeat were summoned by Scale to a isolate part of the Light Kingdom. When they get there, they found him.

"Scale, but what's going on?" Golden Paladin asked.

"Yes, why did you call us?" Aurora asked.

"Because of this" Scale said, pointing.

They become shocked by what they were seeing there were half a dozen light ponies who were all petrified in black stone.

"But what happened?" Aurora asked, approaching her old petrified friends.

"I don't know" Scale answered. "I've found them in this way.”

"I can't believe this" Golden Paladin said.

"Someone stole the lights of their star seeds" Mirror Coat said.

"That's awful!" Heartbeat exclaimed.

"But who would do such an atrocity like this one?" Leaf Mane asked.

"Yeah, who?" Melody asked.

"I think we're asking the wrong question" Purple Smoke said.

"Purple Smoke is right" Mirror Coat said. "We should be asking ourselves who could do something like this. A magic capable of stealing the light of star seeds is not something that can be found in any place."

"Do you think a villain of the Lord of Chaos could have done this?" Aurora asked.

"Given that we are in a remote area of our kingdom, is possible" Golden Paladin said. "But, if that's true, then we're dealing with a very powerful villain."

While Aurora and the others were trying to find out what was going on, Scale quietly moved back in order to find the perfect place to attack. But it was then that Heartbeat, whose sensibility was extremely sharp, was able to sense a dark presence right there on the edge of them, a presence about to attack. Scale prepared his magic to start the process of absorption of the lights of their star seed, but when he fired, Heartbeat turned around and said:

"Don’t think about it!"

And she created a strong barrier that deflected Scale’s attack. That made everypony to turn and realize that it was Scale who attacked.

"Scale, but what are you doing?" Aurora asked.

"Are you out of your mind?" Golden Paladin asked. "Why did you attack us?"

But Scale just stood staring at them with an evil smile on his face.

"I can feel it" Heartbeat said. "He's a threat."

"What?" Leaf Mane asked. "It can't be."

"Is it a villain who is taking Scale’s form?" Melody asked.

"It must be a villain quite able to take the form of another pony almost as perfectly as me" Purple Smoke said.

"No, it’s not that" Heartbeat said. "This is without a doubt Scale."

"This doesn't make any sense" Golden Paladin said to his youngest sister. "Why would Scale attack us."

"Actually, it makes sense" Mirror Coat said.

"What do you mean?" Golden Paladin asked, turning to the General of Knowledge.

"Think, Golden" Mirror Coat said. "Who else do you know, besides the Lord of Order, capable of taking the light of star seeds within the borders of the Light Kingdom? Is that even being near the boundaries of the Light Kingdom, I doubt a villain could do this."

That theory of Mirror Coat, although plausible, was not accepted by Golden Paladin. He simply could not accept that one of his siblings, especially a brother that he admired and that was quite close, could do something like this. But Scale gave a laugh and said:

"It seems that when the impulsive one and the mirror head work together, they can do the most interesting discoveries."

Upon hearing that, the other generals were even more shocked, mainly Golden Paladin.

"No, it can't be" Golden Paladin said. "You did this?"

"How could you have done this, Scale?" Aurora asked. "I thought we were all on the same side. I thought we were friends."

"Dear princess, don't get me wrong, but I honestly don't think you could call to our relationship of friendship" Scale said. "After all, our role here was to serve you, not to be your friends. As to the why I have done this to your friends... Well, I just wanted to draw your attention."

"You mean distract us to steal our lights too" Mirror Coat said.

"You want our lights?" Leaf Mane asked to Scale. "Why?"

"Isn't it obvious?" Scale asked. "To get your powers."

Seeing their confusing air, Scale said:

"Tell me one thing. How's our situation with the Lord of Chaos? It's true, we did release most of the Pony World from his influence and we're counting on the help of other kingdoms in this realm. But what about the other realms? Why did we, instead of undoing what the Lord of Chaos did, which is basically our mission as generals, seal those realms?"

"It was to protect the other reals" Mirror Coat said. "There was too much damage. Repairing them would only cause even more problems, and would take a long time and, in the meantime, more realms would be affected. Seal them was necessary to preserve the balance."

"And what do you know about balance, Mirror Coat?" Scale asked. "I'm the General of Balance, not you. And that is precisely why I want your powers. When I have the power of all the special lights, I will have enough power to launch the Pony Reality in a perfect balance and keep it intact, even from the Lord of Chaos."

"You're out of your mind completely" Purple Smoke said. "How could you even think that?"

"Why would I explain my complex way of thinking to an idiot like you?" Scale asked.

"Hey, I'm not an idiot!" Purple Smoke exclaimed.

"So you say" Melody said, what made the General of Talent look to her.

"You don't understand" Scale said. "I'm just doing this for everyone."

"Liar" Heartbeat said. "Remember that I can feel your intentions. You're just justifying your actions with distorted reasons of your responsibility as General of Balance to satisfy your selfish and greedy desires."

That made everypony look at her and Heartbeat said:

"What? I can learn a lot through emotions and feelings."

"Honestly, I don't care about what you think I feel, little sister" Scale said. "Because soon you'll be petrified in black stone, just like everypony else."

And he launched a magical beam. This time, Golden Paladin was the one that defended. He said:

"Mirror Coat, teleport the princess to the Castle now."

"No, I want to help you" Aurora said.

"No, Princess, your star seed is too important" Golden Paladin said. "If Scale is able to capture its light, then everything is lost. We take care of our brother. Go!"

Without any alternative, Aurora waved. Mirror Coat created a mirror portal that Aurora went through.

"It doesn't matter if you transport Princess Aurora to the Castle" Scale said. "As soon as I'm done with you, I’ll take care of her."

"You're not going to get close to her" Golden Paladin said. "And we'll make sure of it. Now!"

Melody was the first to attack, launching a supersonic scream that reached Scale, who tried to defend himself. However, Leaf Mane used her magic and made roots appeared and involve Scale completely. But, after a few seconds, the roots simply burned and were reduced to ashes. Scale appeared with a smile and asked:

"That's all you can do?"

"Not at all!" Purple Smoke exclaimed, turning quickly into purple smoke and beginning to approach Scale.

Purple Smoke tried to involve Scale to stun him, but he used his magic and, when Purple Smoke found himself, he had returned to his pony form, falling just in front of Scale.

"Looks like I've got my first special light" Scale said, carrying his horn with magic to prepare to absorb Purple Smoke’s light.

But a root conjured by Leaf Mane appeared, grabbed him and took him back to the edge of the others.

"It is useless to fight him is this way" Melody said. "He will just negate our powers."

"Yes, his abilities to balance our attributes in order to negate them are a huge problem" Mirror Coat said.

"Then leave this to me" Golden Paladin said. "Between us, I'm the one that does not depend much of the magic of attribute."

"Are you crazy?" Leaf Mane asked. "He can absorb your light. Don't forget that he has the light of half a dozen light ponies."

"I know that, but we have something that he doesn't have: teamwork" Golden Paladin said. "Mirror Coat, you’ll deal with my defense. It will so much easier for me to attack."

"As you wish" Mirror Coat said.

"Heartbeat, use your empathy to try to predict his attacks" Golden Paladin said.

"You can count on me, Goldy" she said.

"The three of you try to act if I need to" Golden Paladin said to Leaf Mane, Purple Smoke and Melody.

"Yes" they responded in unison.

Golden Paladin advanced and Scale said:

"So our beloved leader wants to be the first to lose his light."

"I'm not going to lose my light" Golden Paladin said. "Not as long as I have the support of my true brothers and sisters."

"You're good with words, but they will not do any good" Scale said.

"That's what we're going to see" Golden Paladin said, creating then a yellow light sword on his horn.

Scale followed his example and created a dark blue light sword. After this, the two fought in duel. Golden Paladin was arguably better, being in control of the duel. When Scale could find a moment to attack Golden Paladin, the latter or was protected by Mirror Coat’s defensive spells or was warned by Heartbeat.

Scale then pulled away to catch his breath, but roots created by Leaf Mane appeared and tried to catch him, but the General of Balance managed to avoid them. He did the same with a supersonic scream from Melody and Purple Smoke’s toxic smoke.

The General of Balance and the General of Peace came back to fight a duel of swords. This time, Scale had a plan to defeat Golden. If he couldn't do it normally, then he would play dirty. And then he made a trip to Golden that fell to the ground and was quickly subdued by Scale.

"It seems that this time it's me who wins" Scale said, smiling, carrying his horn with magic. "And now your light is mine."

But a smile appeared on Golden’s face and he replied:

"Do you really think so?"

And cracks appeared in Golden and he broke in so many pieces.

"A glass clone?!" Scale exclaimed, not wanting to believe.

And the real Golden Paladin came up and knocked Scale down, subjugating him.

"We've known each other for so long, Scale" Golden Paladin said. "You should know differentiate me one of Mirror Coat’s glass clone."

"But when..." Scale began, and soon remembering the only time he was not attentive to Golden Paladin. "Those attacks from Leaf Mane, Purple Smoke and Melody were to distract me while Mirror Coat proceeded to trade you with a glass clone."

"Precisely" Golden Paladin said. "And then Heartbeat played with your thirst for power to ensure you wouldn't know the difference between us. As you can see, Scale, power is not everything, when compared to teamwork."

And, having said this, Golden Paladin loaded his horn with magic and golden chains appeared out of the ground and wrapped themselves around Scale. After that, the General of Peace rose. Scale tried to free himself, but the golden chains of Golden Paladin were known as being unbreakable.

"Get this off!" Scale exclaimed.

"No way" Golden Paladin said. "I used my most powerful chains. You're not going to get them out."

"Very well" a voice said. "You finally managed to defeat him."

They looked and saw Princess Aurora landing.

"Princess, what are you doing here?" Golden Paladin asked. "I told you to stay in the castle."

"I know, but I couldn't help but wonder..." Aurora began.

"About your petrified friends" Heartbeat completed.

"Yes" Aurora replied. "I want to get them back and that's exactly what I'm going to do."

She turned to Scale and told him:

"You're going to return the lights you stole."

Scale made a naughty smile and said:

"Good luck with that. Only I can do this magic on the Order side, in addition to the Lord of Order."

"That's what you think" Aurora said. "Remember that I've got the light that originated this reality. My light is more powerful than the light belonging to any General."

And, having said that, she charged her horn with magic and Scale groaned a little, while the flower that contained his star seed appeared and opened, revealing his star seed. And from it came out half a dozen white lights that went to their respective petrified pony. Their flowers appeared and opened, revealing their empty seeds which absorbed their respective lights, making the brilliance that previously had reappear. Their seeds, including Scale, came back into their flowers which disappeared. The ponies were then freed and then came back to the way they were before. After this, Aurora turned to Scale and said:

"I'm sorry you had to come to this, Scale, but, unfortunately, you don't give us no choice. You will be imprisoned in our dungeons with total surveillance."

And, with this, Aurora used his magic to transport Scale to the dungeons of the castle.

And so it was in this way that Scale, the General of Balance, was defeated and imprisoned. At least, until the moment when the Lord of Chaos set him free.