• Published 28th Aug 2015
  • 765 Views, 7 Comments

The Legend of the Light Kingdom - Rakoon1



The story about how the Light Kingdom was creating and how it fell under a stone sleep, as well the reasons that led to it.

  • ...
2
 7
 765

The Rise of Aurora and the Coming of the Generals

It had been a year since Aurora and her people had come to the land the Lord of Order had spoken about. That year was arguably the best year Aurora’s tribe ever had. Being in that land, they managed to produce more than they had been able to produce. With that terrain reducing the time of cultivation with its ability to accelerate the growth of crops, the food problem quickly dissipated.

However, despite her people being adapting quickly to that wonderful land and full of light the Lord of Order had entrusted them, Aurora couldn't stop thinking about those who had stayed behind. It was inevitable. Thunder Spark had been always by her side and it costed her thinking that if he had faith in her for some more time, he and the others who had stayed with him in Dark Night’s castle could be living with them in that paradise, away from darkness.

But then something started to happen. One by one, all the unicorns of Aurora’s tribe, including her own, began to adopt a single coat type. Their coat began to irradiate light in the same way as all the land irradiated. That started to scare a little the ponies that began asking Aurora constantly to talk to the Lord of Order to know what was happening. She, also wanting answers to that phenomenon, started trying to talk to the Lord of order, waiting for him to answer.

"Please, my lord, answer to my prayers" Aurora said, when she was alone in her cabin. "Something is happening with me and my people and we want answers. Why are our coats starting to irradiate light in the same way that this land? What's happening to us? Please, Lord of Order, answer our questions."

Aurora waited for an answer, but nothing happened. She sighed. Apparently, the Lord of Order should be too busy to bother to answer their questions.

Suddenly, a bright light engulfed her and, when Aurora found herself, she was in the same place where the Lord of Order used to contact her in dreams.

"Despite what you might think, my dear, this world is my priority" a voice that Aurora knew quite well said.

She turned and faced the Lord of Order.

"So I'm dreaming, I'm not?" Aurora asked.

"Actually, no" the Lord of Order said. "This is very real. You asked for answers, Aurora, and that is exactly what you’ll have."

"Well, the only question I have, my Lord, is: why are our coats irradiating light?" said Aurora.

"A very simple answer" the Lord of Order replied. "The fact that you started to consider this land your home, the fact that you care it properly, allowed the creation of a bond between you and it. It made your inside star seeds make themselves even more luminous, in such a way that the light began to be seen on the outside."

"So, what is happening is natural?" Dawn asked.

"Yes, you are no longer normal ponies, my dear" the Lord of Order said. "Now, you're light ponies. Official inhabitants of the Light Kingdom."

"Light Kingdom?" Aurora repeated. "That's the name of this land? But why didn't you tell us?"

"I was wondering if you and your people could be the chosen ones" the Lord of Order said. "But now I have proof that you consider this land your home and you will do anything to protect it, it's time to move on to the next phase of my plan to illuminate the darkness in the world."

There was a strong light and the on the hand of the Lord of Order emerged a star seed. But this star seed was different, since it had the shape of a lotus flower and had a brilliant light raspberry light.

"Is that... a star seed?" Aurora asked.

"Yes, but it's a pretty special one" the Lord of Order replied. "It's the original star seed, the onr that originated all the other star seeds of this reality."

"It's so beautiful" Aurora admired, delighted for its beauty.

"I know" the Lord of Order said. "After all, it is through it that my power flows in this part of Creation. Without it, I would lose the full control over this world. And that's why I'm going to give it to you, my dear Aurora."

Upon hearing that, Aurora was quite shocked.

"What?" Aurora asked. "But... I don't know if I'm worthy. And if something happens and I lose it? And if I'm not able to look after it?"

"A long time ago, I relied on a small filly the responsibility to keep the darkness away, but she didn't have the maturity required" the Lord of Order said. "Because of this character error I made, my brother got into this reality. However, I know I can trust you, Aurora. Beyond your pure heart, you possess a maturity that will allow you to discern what is right or wrong and resist temptation."

The Lord of Order’s words seemed to bring a certain comfort to Aurora, convincing her that everything would be all right.

"Besides, I know you will take good care of it, because you will have no other choice, since it will become your own star seed" the Lord of Order said.

"What do you mean?" Aurora asked.

"Star seeds are nothing more than simple vessels" the Lord of Order explained. "What matters is the light inside of them. It’s the light that brings life and it is the light that I wish to protect."

"But what does that have to do with the fact that the star seed will become mine?" Aurora asked.

"It's not the star seed that will be yours" the Lord of Order replied. "It's its light. What do you say, Aurora? Do you want to be the vessel of my light?"

That request caught Aurora completely by surprise. She didn't even know what to say. But then her desire to thank the Lord of Order for everything he had done for her and her people made her answer:

"Yes, I accept."

"But you have to know one thing" the Lord of Order said. "Holding the light from the original star seed may cause some changes in you."

"It doesn't matter" Aurora said. "You did a lot for us. If I do this, I can thank you for everything you've done, so be it."

"Very well" the Lord of Order said.

And, with this, the Lord of Order made a gesture and Aurora felt the flower that contained her star seed appear and open up, revealing it. Her star seed contained an intense white light, a result of becoming a light pony. The Lord of Order then made a gesture on the original star seed and it was then that the light inside it went out and started heading to the star seed of Aurora. It penetrated in her star seed and, in doing so, the light of Aurora’s star seed adopted the same color as the original star seed’s. After this, Aurora’s star seed released a burst of light that overshadowed everything for a few seconds.

When the light faded, Aurora’s star seed had transformed into an exact replica of the original star seed, becoming in the new original star seed, while the former one was destroyed. After this, Aurora’s star seed returned to her flower which then disappeared.

"Everything is ready" the Lord of Order said. "Arise, my dear, and see the new you."

Aurora rose up and it was then pegasus wings opened. When Aurora looked at her new wings, she was terribly shocked.

"But..." she said. "I have wings!"

"Yes, this is a result of becoming the bearer of the original star seed" the Lord of Order said. "Your power became immensely big and your body adapted to that power. Now, you're not a unicorn anymore. You're an alicorn, the first to exist in this reality."

"I... I don't know what to say" Aurora said, still aghast at the fact that she had wings. "This is amazing."

"But there's still more" the Lord of Order said. "Being an alicorn, you will have the title of Princess."

"Princess?" Aurora asked. "But I don't have royal blood."

"It doesn't matter" the Lord of Order said. "The simple fact of being an alicorn gives you that same status. From now on, you will be Princess Aurora of the Light Kingdom."

Aurora couldn't believe that was happening. Aside from the fact that now she possessed the light of the original star seed, she had become an alicorn and a princess. The amount of responsibility that the Lord of Order had given him was immense and let Aurora immensely nervous. But she managed to control her nerves and then said:

"You can count on me, my lord. I will do my best to not disappoint you."

"I know you will" the Lord of Order said. "And, to help you in this task, I will give you some assistants."

And, having said this, the Lord of Order snapped his fingers and then seven star seeds appeared. However, these star seeds were different from any others that Aurora had seen. They contained a different light, as it was not white, having each a different color: yellow, dark blue, light blue, green, purple, orange and red. One by one, the star seeds launched their respective light and, from those lights, unicorns, either stallions and mares, appeared. From the yellow star seed appeared a stallion with a strong air, with an old gold coat with a sword with white wings as Cutie Mark, golden and mustard mane, pale gold hooves and yellow topaz eyes, whose body was covered by an armor. From the dark blue star seed appeared another stallion with duke blue coat with a scale as Cutie Mark, cerulean and platinate blue mane, very dark blue hooves and distant dark blue eyes. From the light blue star seed appeared a third stallion with dodger blue coat with a mirror with the infinite symbol as Cutie Mark, maya blue and majorelle blue mane and blue sapphire eyes. From the green star seed appeared a mare with olive coat with a three as Cutie Mark, apple green mane adorned with fresh leaves and emerald eyes. From the purple star seed appeared a fourth stallion with an orchid coat with a pallet and brushes as Cutie Mark, unkempt fandango and red-violet mane and purple amethyst eyes. From the orange star seed appeared a second mane with pumpkin coat with a circular sheet music with notes and clefs as Cutie Mark, orange-red mane and orange tourmaline eyes. At last, from the red star seed appeared a little filly with ruby color coat with a heart with a right angel wing and a left bat wing as Cutie Mark, a mane that had the perfect combination of vivid red, dark red and bright red and eyes like rubies.

"Princess Aurora, let me introduce you six of my Generals of Order, representatives of elements of order: Golden Paladin, the General of Peace and the leader of my Generals" he pointed to the stallion from the yellow star seed. "Perfect Scale, the General of Balance" he pointed to the stallion from the dark blue star seed. "Mirror Coat, the General of Knowledge" he pointed to the stallion from the light blue star seed. "Leaf Mane, the General of Nature" he pointed to the mare from the green star seed. "Purple Smoke, the General of Talent" he pointed to the stallion from the purple star seed. "Melody, the General of Music" he pointed to the mare from the orange star seed. "And, for last but not least, Heartbeat, the little and cute General of Affection" he pointed to the filly from the red star seed. "My Generals, meet Princess Aurora. She will be your princess. You’ll be her subordinates and built a kingdom and spread my light throughout this reality."

The seven Generals made a bow to him and Golden Paladin said:

"As you wish, master."

He and the others approached Aurora and knelt down before her and Golden said:

"We are at your service, Princess Aurora."

Aurora couldn't believe that she had seven of the most powerful followers of the Lord of Order under her service. But she wasn't intimidated and responded with a smile:

"I'm happy for that."

"Very well, I wish you good luck" the Lord of Order said. "Don't disappoint me."

And there was another burst of light that overshadowed everything.

The light ponies were unconcerned when an intense light appeared, overshadowing them all. When she disappeared, everyone saw Aurora and gasped, seeing her as an alicorn.

"My friends, please, listen to me" she said. "I talked to the Lord of Order and he said that what's happening to us is perfectly natural. Our connection with this land got so strong that the light of our inside star seeds got so strong which is now visible on the outside. This just demonstrates the trust that the Lord of Order can place and us. That confidence led him to deposit the light that governs this world inside of my star seed, what turned me into an alicorn. Now, it's our job to turn this land into a kingdom worthy of the pride of the Lord of Order and able to spread his light through the rest of the world and I promise that I will lead with kindness and justice as princess of this new kingdom, the Light Kingdom."

The light ponies hailed, but then Aurora asked them to stop and continued:

"To help us in this task, he sent seven of his Generals."

There were small bursts of light of various colors and the Generals of Order appeared next to Princess Aurora, something that stunned the light ponies.

"So, this is the Pony World, the central realm of the Pony Reality, the great creation of our master" Mirror Coat said.

"It's so beautiful" Melody said.

"Beyond beautiful" Heartbeat said. "It's so bright."

"Enough of contemplations" Golden Paladin said. "We have work to do. Purple Smoke, deal with the buildings."

"Let's do it" Purple Smoke said, advancing. "Dear light ponies, prepare to be dazzled."

Melody grunted and said:

"No matter what reality we are, he is always the same exhibitionist."

Purple Smoke carried his horn with magic and then he hit the front hooves on the ground. Then, out of nowhere, buildings decorated with star seeds appeared, along with bright roads. The cabins which already existed were transformed and embedded.

"And now, to finalize..." Purple Smoke said.

He carried his horn with magic again and hit again with the hooves on the ground and, to everypony's amazement, a huge castle appeared. It was a castle that had a big, round base and in the middle there were two gigantic towers. At each end of the back of the castle there was a medium sized tower, taking about half the height of the largest ones, and at each end of the front there was a further small tower.

"Amazing" Aurora said, amazed.

"Yes, but it needs finishing touches" Leaf Mane said.

"You read my thoughts, Leaf-Mane" Melody said.

"Uh, I also want to help!" Heartbeat exclaimed excitedly.

"Hey, don't ruin perfection" Purple Smoke said.

"We're just going to put it even more perfect, dear brother" Melody said. "Let's go, girls."

The three carried their horns and released magic beams to the castle and, when stopped, it seemed that the castle was the same, excluding the bridge that now linked the two great towers near the top, where in the middle there was what seemed to be a sphere that should contain a special division.

"And it seems that now it's my turn" Perfect Scale said. "This land needs something to keep it standing in the face of any adversity. So…"

He charged his horn and hit with the front hooves on the ground, creating a pulse of energy that went throughout the area of the Light Kingdom. However, it did not seem to have happened nothing.

"What happened?" Aurora asked.

"This is what happened, Princess” Scale replied.

And he invoked a magic screen that showed, to the great astonishment of everypony, a place full of diamonds.

"This is the Diamond Domain, what will keep our kingdom standing, no matter what happens" Perfect Scale said. "And it's all thanks to the Diamond Heart."

And he showed the heart of the Diamond Domain, where the largest existing diamond seemed to be loading all the others with energy.

"I can see why the Lord of Order sent you" Aurora said. "You are very powerful."

"Not as powerful as you, princess" Golden Paladin said. "You have the most powerful of lights in this reality. Even more powerful than ours."

"And, according to the logic, the stronger the light, the more powerful the power" Mirror Coat said.

"All we're doing is just the beginning" Golden Paladin said. "First, we will strengthen our kingdom and then the light will be unleashed and we will return to our master what is his."

Aurora giggled and said:

"It seems too simple."

"But it's not simple" Mirror Coat said. "In fact, is quite complicated."

"The Lord of Chaos is too powerful and too slick" Scale said.

"But I'm sure that if we work together, we can beat him" Golden Paladin said.

Aurora also agreed. Now that kingdom was her responsibility and if the duty of her kingdom was to help rid the world of the Lord of Chaos, so that's what she would do.

"Aurora... I mean, Princess Aurora! "one of the ponies called, pointing to the sun that was setting. "The day is coming to an end."

"We have to prepare to deliver the star seeds to the sky" Aurora said.

Golden Paladin waved and then said:

"Very well, then let the light ponies take care of it. There is one thing that we have to show you. Follow us."

Aurora nodded and, while the light ponies were preparing the star seeds to their raise to the sky, she followed Golden Paladin and the other Generals in the castle. Upon entering the foyer, Aurora was hugely surprised by the beauty of the castle. She then saw a figure in relief on the wall representing her and the seven Generals.

Then, they started climbing up the stairs that led to the towers, entering in one of them. While they were climbing, Aurora noticed that the interior of the tower, which should be equal to the other, there was a huge cylinder in the middle of spiral staircases, at the top of the tower they were climbing, containing aligned strings of various sizes, each one containing a hammer in position.

When they were near the top, they entered in the bridge that linked the two towers. They went through it and then reached the division located in the middle. When they entered, Aurora was astonished by what she found. It was a division mainly occupied by a large round platform with stairs where there was a machine with sprockets on the edge with a spherical base in the vertical, where there was a round groove in the center and four around it. Besides that, the machine had a large lever.

"What is this place?" Aurora asked, looking around.

"It's something that was created with the combined magic of Purple Smoke, Heartbeat, Leaf Mane and Melody" Golden Paladin explained. "This will allow our defences remain strong with the passing of every year."

It was then that Aurora saw something ascending to the sky and saw that the process of the ascension of the star seeds had already begun. There was one year that she had seen that phenomenon for the first time and now she was watching it for the second time. It was still immensely beautiful. When the process began to end, Golden Paladin said to Aurora:

"It's time to show what we wanted to show."

"And what is it?" Aurora asked.

Golden Paladin waved to Melody and then she invoked a translucent sphere of the size of a hoofball ball with a rippling golden glow inside of it.

"This is the Jewel of Life, what will be the ultimate defense of our kingdom" Golden Paladin said.

“What do you mean?" Aurora asked.

"We will have plenty of time to answer that question, princess" Golden Paladin said. "But for now, just enjoy the show."

That left Aurora confused. But then Melody put the Jewel of Life in the central groove of the spherical base of the machine. After this, Heartbeat loaded her horn with magic and created an energy pulse. Aurora, feeling the amount of positive energy in this pulse, felt her heart being flooded by love. It was then that her star seed, now the original star seed, appeared and launched a beam to the Jewel of Life which began to shine with more intensity. The star seed came back into its flower and disappeared.

It was then that the sprockets began to rotate, progressively increasing their speed. The hammers began to play the strings and a song began to soar. It was immensely beautiful and harmonious and could be heard throughout the kingdom. All turned to the castle and saw it beginning to radiate a golden light, giving it a much more stunning aspect.

Aurora listened intently the music. It was immensely beautiful. It could convey calm and tranquility. Her opinion was shared by the other light ponies which heard the song. But of course the best was yet to come.

Then, on each side of the four smaller towers and on the outside of each of the great towers, came from their insides structures, which gave the impression the towers have wings, and on the outside of the top of each of the great towers appeared three big pointers. On each tips of the structures appeared branches that stretched and made appear flowers that opened and released lights that began to accumulate in the structures of the great towers until they take the form of two huge wings made of light that opened, spreading the light, something that made a lot of sighs. The light ponies then made a bow and their lights intensified, as well as in whole kingdom.

It was then that the wings of light disbanded and the music began to stop. As it stopped, the flowers closed and disappeared, while the branches collected themselves, followed by the structures. When they were gone, the music was playing their last notes. The music then stopped.

“That was..." Aurora began. "I don't even have words."

"This is the perfect way to enhance our light" said Golden Paladin.

"Beyond that is a great way to celebrate the ascension of the star seeds" Heartbeat said.

"Yes" Aurora agreed, giving a laugh. "I just hope to be a good princess to this kingdom."

"We know you will be" Golden Paladin said. "The Lord of Order chose you and that's enough for me."

He then invoked a crown that then put it over Aurora and, after that, he and the other six Generals made him a bow.

That's how Aurora became the first alicorn princess, the Generals of Order arrived to the Pony World and the Light Kingdom was born.