• Published 28th Aug 2015
  • 426 Views, 0 Comments

Welcome to Olympus - aprilshowers45



Twilight and her friends are send on a mission, which requires them to travel to another dimension. Little did that Princess Twilight know that it would not only change the setting, but the time, too. As for Rainbow Dash, it changed her identity.

  • ...
 0
 426

They meet the Zebra goddess

Everyone was on their feet, walking. Everything looked so familiar to Twilight. She remembered what she read about a few days ago... Athena and Poseidon with their gifts, city patron, naming the city after Athena, olive trees... Athena. Minerva, the girl in the table of contents at the beginning of the book! Her book had Roman names, not Greek! But the spell still must have sent them to Athens. If only she had the book...

But the book didn't matter then. It was finding Rainbow Dash. If they were in Athens, maybe Rainbow was there, just a little farther away. So they began walking throughout the Acropolis.

After asking people if they knew where she was, Twilight also kinda did some exploring while the others practiced their "life skills", or, walking, for a teeny bit.

But then the met in the edge of the Acropolis, and started going southwest-ish together, towards the Hill of the Nymphs. Maybe the could find Rainbow in Thebes, in that direction. Though Twilight still didn't do that much research on Thebes. Before they knew it, Twilight, Pinkie, Applejack, Rarity, and Fluttershy were in a forest, a lot like the Everfree Forest. In fact, it was a lot more similar than they thought.

"Where are we?" Fluttershy wondered. "Sure, these animals are cute, but they take care of themselves! Without help from anypony! It's frightening!"
"Maybe we should pray. Yeah, we should." Twilight decided. But Pinkie seemed confused. "If Celestia is like, the princess of the sun, and she's kinda like a goddess, and she raises the sun, but she doesn't exist here, who do we pray to? The sun god? Oh, what was him name? Helium?"
"Helios." Twilight corrected. "And don't you read the books I give you or listen to my discussions I have about them? And be glad you're alive. Helios sees pretty much everything, and he could have killed you because you said that. Anyway, we pray to the Olympians. Mainly Zeus and Hera. Or just... every god or goddess. An-" "Uh, Twi? Maybe you should, uh, look ahead?" Applejack interrupted. They were standing in front of a fire pit thing. With snakes. This couldn't be the way to Thebes.

Rarity was freaking out, screaming and screeching, "help!", and, "snakes!", and the more she did it, the angrier the vicious reptiles got. However, Twilight was fascinated. "Cool. Hey, did you know that Hermes carried a staff with two snakes?" she said. She barely noticed that Rarity had just gotten BIT by a SNAKE!

"Come with me," said a voice from the shadows, "for I have the trick, that can fix you up quite quick."

Author's Note:

I did waaaaaay too much research to figure out and decide which goddess this should be.