• Published 22nd Aug 2015
  • 1,032 Views, 24 Comments

Fantasia: Equestria - SterlingC



Life in Equestria is shimmering with music in this fimfic! Join me on an extended musical journey featuring Equestria's finest! I'll be featuring as much of Equestria as possible, from the Mane 6 to the Parasprites!

  • ...
4
 24
 1,032

Musings of the Changeling Queen

Author's Note:

I revamped this chapter from top to bottom. I hope it fits much more with the music than it did before. Plus, I hope it's easier to read!

Queen Chrysalis sits on her throne, having failed once again to feed on enough love to keep her subjects satiated. But as the Queen ponders and wallows in her anger, her scouts receive a new report of a new source of love... We are thankful to be able to take a tour of the Queen's lair. This story takes place before the Season 2 finale, and the finale to Mozart's 24th Piano Concerto shall guide us through.

Welcome to the land of the Changelings. A land covered in green and black. From here, one can see the castle of Queen Chrysalis, its pointy towers raised high above the black, jagged mountains. Few changelings have ever stepped into her castle. Its lodgings are reserved for her mightiest subjects. Like Judas who flew to the east and spearheaded the conquest of foreign lands for his Queen.

Even at this moment, his Queen awaited his arrival. The Queen slithered and rolled on her green couch. She was eager to hear the results of his latest scouting mission: a land kept untouched called Equestria. Time was of the essence for her kind. Her species longed for any kind of love. The Changelings are but dust without the ripe, red fruit of love in their famished mouths.

“Oh dear Judas, I hope you bring tidings of jubilation for our kin. Our species grow weary and bored of the food they tasted from the East. We need some new blood, some new source of love that can never be quenched,” Queen Chrysalis said, punching her hooves outward. Growing ever restless, Queen Chrysalis flew around her dark throne room. She then directed herself to a painting of her deceased father, King Metamor.

In the painting, King Metamor stood proudly on top of an equine corpse, his front right hoof raised to the sky. In the background, his changeling subjects cheered for their ultimate victory in the desert underneath a cloudy night.

“Do not fear Father, for we shall emerge from the ashes that grow among our ranks. I will bring our kin back to the glory it fully deserves,” saluted the Changeling Queen, pumping her hooves towards the roof.

At that moment, there was a gentle knock on the door. The imposing wooden door was gently opened with a loud creak. Once the door was opened, a changeling a third of Queen Chrysalis’ size entered the room.

“What is it you want scribe? Have you heard of news from Judas and his scouts? I should like to know about their expedition to Equestria as soon as possible,” the Queen asked with urgency.

“Your highness, J-Judas and his scouts are set to arrive at any moment now,” the scribe stuttered. “Judas has items that they think will be of interest to you,” the small changeling continued. “They have news that they say will be music to your royal ears,” nodded the little figure.

“Hmmm… I like the sounds of this,” Chrysalis chuckled. “I look forward to what Judas and his entourage have to say once he arrives,” laughed the excited Changeling Queen.

At that moment, the large wooden door swung open, making way for Judas and his scouting team. The sixteen changelings, each identical in appearance with their black metallic armor and helmet immediately arranged themselves into a square formation.

“All hail Queen Chrysalis! Empress of the Changelings and ruler of the Northern and Eastern shores!” The changelings hailed together to their queen. After their salutes, a tall, bulky changeling stomped to the Queen’s side.

“Your highness! I have good news to report! Our changelings and I have gathered intelligence on this land called Equestria that you will find very useful!” The tall changeling declared with a shout. Queen Chrysalis chuckled again with an evil grin.

“Oh you have Judas?! Excellent my dear servant! Now report to me your useful findings at once!” bellowed the changeling queen to her trusty scout. Queen Chrysalis’ eyes glowed a lush green, beaming at the potential of his news.

“Your highness. Equestria is a lush land filled with green grass. Its citizens are equines just like us, but they are known as ponies. Their kind bears a striking resemblance to our appearance, save for their bright colours,” Judas explained.

“I am pleased to report that the ponies have the one thing our species needs to survive: love. Their kind is overflowing with it, from the plains to the cities. All around, there is harmony and friendship, as if the whole country were united under one banner, without qualm or complaint,” Judas elaborated.

“The ponies even have what are called the Elements of Harmony. These elements, formerly stones of rock that represent friendship, are now embodied by six ponies, two Earth, two unicorns, and two pegasi, with magical powers that few can rival. Other than these ponies, there is not much Equestria has that will stop us from achieving our goal of gaining love as fuel for our kind,” finished Judas, leaving Queen Chrysalis to take a moment to absorb all she heard.

The imposing queen stroked her chin, taking in all that Judas informed to her. Equestria certainly seemed a promising region to surmount next. However, these regions were like the other conquered territories; their love was finite. That was the problem.

“Judas. Equestria does seem like a favourable place where we can expand our might. They are almost defenseless, save for the Elements of Harmony. But you have posed two problems that our kingdom must deal with swiftly,” replied the Queen, formulating her strategy for Equestrian subjugation to their kind.

“You see, the Elements of Harmony are the first problem. Should they be as powerful as you say, it will be impossible for us to assault without being beaten back,” the Changeling Queen added. Her loyal scout nodded.

“The more pressing problem is that you have not mentioned an infinite source of love we can feed on. Unless Equestria has that type of love in their ranks, then there is no use in attacking them. Our resources will simply vanish and we’ll be back at square one,” sighed Queen Chrysalis.

“Judas… please tell me that’s not the end of your report,” hoped Queen Chrysalis.

“That’s not all your highness. Our scouting troops have picked up posters that we hope you find to your liking,” Judas declared, motioning his front-line troops to hand out the posters they took from their mission. Queen Chrysalis snagged one of the posters from their hooves. The poster was brightly coloured, filled with sparkling glitter that nearly blinded her eyes.

“Your highness, a royal wedding has been set for two weeks’ time. Princess Mi Amore Cadenza is an alicorn, the princess of love. The fairest in all the land, she and Shining Armor are childhood friends, nurturing on a love so strong that no power of darkness can repel it,” explained Judas.

“Mmmm… Sounds like a lovely couple indeed. It seems that their wedding will also be flourishing with love sparkling down from the heavens,” remarked the Queen, expressing her pleasure at what she was hearing from her loyal scout.

“Their wedding shall be the largest ever held in Equestrian history. There will be no other wedding like it on this world,” the bulky changeling added with a straight face.
“All of Equestria will be invited for this special occasion your Highness,” added Judas. Queen Chrysalis gleefully cheered; her time was about to come. Queen Chrysalis continued to snicker, her horn beginning to glow a bright green.

“Ohhh Judas… I have asked you for jewels and you have given me diamonds! You and your regiment have pulled through for me once again!” Queen Chrysalis exclaimed with delight. Judas couldn’t help but smile, eager to finally place his name in the annals of Changeling history.

“My Queen… I look forward for what is to come for the Changelings. I have proposed a plan through which you can infiltrate Canterlot’s defenses and disguise yourself as the Princess of Love,” replied Judas. Chrysalis gave out her heartiest laugh she could. The timing was perfect. After all these years of famine and civil unrest, the Changelings finally found their opening!

“Oh Judas! I think I know what you’re conjuring in that clever head of yours!” Exclaimed the Queen, shaking her head around in a near ecstatic fit.

“Oh Queen Chrysalis! All you have to do is transform yourself into Princess Mi Amore Cadenza and lock her up. You’ll have Shining Armor, captain of the royal guards, to yourself! Once you are wed to him, you will suck enough love from him and Princess Cadance to repel any possible attack. Yes, even from the Elements of Harmony!” Judas exclaimed. The Queen was loving every moment of his great success.

“Oh Judas! You have made me the happiest Changeling in the world! Prepare an ambush of the Royal Guard! Make way for me so I can penetrate the castle! Once I make Shining Armor my own, Equestria will fall! All will bow to me and the Changelings!!!” shouted the Queen from her royal throne.

“Yes your Highness!” Judas shouted back.

“Form up you changelings! Tonight, we march once more into Canterlot! Take the royal guards and take their likeness! Long live Queen Chrysalis!!” declared Judas. The entire regiment roared as they flied out of the throne room. As Judas’ formation flew out of the door, Queen Chrysalis gave out the evillest and heartiest laugh she could give!

“Equestria will be all mine!! I will have completed what my father has begun!! Soon our time will come!!” Queen Chrysalis’ laugh roared through the corridors as the door slammed shut. Long live the Changelings.

THE END