• Published 22nd Aug 2015
  • 1,032 Views, 24 Comments

Fantasia: Equestria - SterlingC



Life in Equestria is shimmering with music in this fimfic! Join me on an extended musical journey featuring Equestria's finest! I'll be featuring as much of Equestria as possible, from the Mane 6 to the Parasprites!

  • ...
4
 24
 1,032

Babs Seed and the Little Bear

Babs Seed spent most of her life in the city. As she visits her fellow Crusaders in Ponyville once again, the Crusaders pledge to teach Babs Seed the intricacies of nature with Fluttershy! What better way to see them in their play than to listen to Schubert's Violin Sonatina in D? By the way, this piece was used in "Little Bear" if you want a nostalgia trip. This piece is played by Julia Fischer on the violin and Martin Helmchen on the piano.

“Wow! This is so cool! I’ve seen pictures of forests, but I’ve never been inside one before!” Babs Seed happily declared as she jumped from one tree log to the next. Babs Seed had arrived to Ponyville from Manehattan the previous day. Her cousin Applebloom invited her to a camping trip while her parents were away on a business trip. Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo didn’t want to miss out on the trip, so when Applebloom announced that Applejack would be holding another trip, the fillies were naturally delighted!

“Wait up Babs! Don’t get too far ahead!” Applebloom yelled, struggling to keep up with her enthusiasm.

“Yeah Babs! Wait for us!” called Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo, waving their hooves around and running along the dirt path to keep up with their friend.

“Hey! Come back ‘ere! I don’t want y’all gettin’ lost in there!” Applejack shouted, running after the fillies. Those fillies sure were balls of energy, even with the camping supplies they were carrying on their back!

While the others frantically rushed away to catch up, Babs tripped on a branch and stumbled upon a quiet cave. Just then, a loud roar bellowed from the rocky cave where Babs stumbled upon! Babs froze in place, realizing that a monster was inside the suddenly scary cave!

The shadowy figure slowly emerged from the dark, dank cave. Babs continued to shake and chatter. The creature roared directly into Babs’ face, leaving her pale in fright! It was a bear! Babs reflexively picked up a branch filled with blueberries to her right, and stretched her hoof out to the bear. The blue bear sniffed on the blueberry branch, swiped it away from Babs’ hooves, and snacked on the berries!

As the creature ate the bountiful blueberries, Babs couldn’t help but realize that the bear was about twice the size as Applejack! The bear appeared frightening at first, but the more it snacked on the berries, the cuter he looked.

“Awww… All you wanted was some food! You’re really cute you know?” Babs commented as the woolly mammal continued to feast on its berries. Suddenly gaining more curiosity, Babs felt the urge to trot closer to the bear and pet it!

Babs slowly trotted closer to the little bear. As she tip-toed to the bear’s sides, she noticed the woolly furs that stuck out of its body. Babs slowly extended her hooves. At that point, Babs began to realize that touching the bear would probably make it very angry. But her curiosity overtook her, so she slowly placed her hoof on the bear’s furs and rubbed on it.

Just as she poked on the bear, it immediately swung its claws and grabbed hold of poor Babs, holding her up towards the trees above! Babs screamed out for help, hoping that her trusty companions were nearby!

Meanwhile, Applejack and the Crusaders heard the scream Babs gave out at a distance!

“That’s Babs! We gotta save him y’all!” Applejack urged the crusaders onward, as they jumped like never before to the stony cave!

But just as they arrived, they stopped and saw the blue bear licking on Babs Seed! The Manehattan filly giggled as she continued to wail to her friends,

“Guys! Get me down from here! This bear won’t stop licking me!” Babs felt the bear’s saliva slide along her cheeks, while Applebloom scratched her chin and giggled along. Soon after, the other crusaders and Applejack laughed along as well.

“Well I’ll be… This a first! This blue bear here really likes you for some reason Babs! Maybe we’ll leave you two alone for some quality time!” Applejack jokingly chuckled.

“Applejack! This ain’t funny! Get me down from here!” Babs exclaimed, still laughing as the bear now dried her of the saliva with its furry paws. Seeing that Babs wanted to be back on the ground, the bear gently set its paws down to release Babs from its grasp.

The young filly quickly jumped to Applejack’s hooves and gave her a warm hug. The bear gave a warm smile too before it stomped back into his small cave. Applejack snuggled Babs tightly.

“For a moment, I was really worried about you Babs. I thought you were in great danger, and you really were!” Applejack reminded the filly.

“Yeah, I knew. Sorry Applejack,” Babs apologized. She was given a tight hug with everypony else before they went back to the trail. What a first camping memory this was for Babs Seed.

THE END