• Published 22nd Aug 2015
  • 1,261 Views, 27 Comments

The Nature of Nurture - lola2901



Apple Jack is tasked by Princess Celestia with a difficult task; raising a baby siren.

  • ...
0
 27
 1,261

Chapter Seven

“Stop squirming, gosh darnit,” I mutter, trying to get Brio to hold still as he wriggles about, making happy little baby burbles as if this is some silly game.

Pinkie bounces up next to me, the first back from lunch, like always. “Here, like this!” she chirps, taking hold of the cloth diaper. “First you wrap these two ends over his stomach like this, and then you take this bottom corner and fold it up between his legs and-oh,” she says, pausing as she remembers his tail. “Well now what?” she asks, plopping down on her rear.

I shake my head, letting out a deep breath. “I’ve been asking myself the same thing,” I say, trying to joke. “Maybe if we fold two corners up on the outside like this-” no sooner do I have it folded then Brio wriggles out of the diaper, making unhappy noises. Letting out a huff of frustration, I sit back, staring at the vaulted ceiling.

Pinkie pushes up to her hooves, smiling down at Brio, then looking up at me. “Oh silly me, I almost forgot! The girls are wondering if you need any help-you said you’d join us for lunch, but we’re halfway done already!”

“Nah, I’m fine,” I say, shaking my head slightly. I pause, then shrug slightly, forcing a half smile. “Or maybe you can bring me a sandwich?”

“Sure thing AJ! Alfalfa and apple slices on rye, right?” she chirps, bounding circles around me and Brio.

I nod, turning my attention back to diaper dilemma. “Thanks Pinkie Pie,” I say, deciding not to question how she knew what I wanted.

She cheerfully bounces out of the room, her words echoing out behind her as she heads off. “No problem AJ!”

I turn my focus back to Brio, huffing. “Alright, listen up little fella, I got a thing or two to say to you,” I say. He looks up at me in innocent confusion as I continue. “We’re gonna put this diaper on you. And it’s gonna stay on you. Is that clear?”

He blinks.

I take that as a ma’am yes ma’am.

I bite down on my tongue to help concentrate my focus. I lift up his rear, sliding the cloth beneath him. Setting him back down, I get to work, doing my best to tie it firm, in a way he can’t wriggle his tail right out. Finally I grab the pins in my teeth, doing my best not to prick him as I secure the fabric.

Letting out a deep breath of relief, I lean back on my haunches, closing my eyes. Finally.

Standing, I bend, picking Brio up gently in my hooves, giving him a gentle little snuggle.

His diaper falls off.

I shake my head, and leave it there. “You know what? I concede defeat,” I tell him, rolling my eyes. “You win. No diapers for now.”

Author's Note:

This chapter is mainly about AJ trying to diaper a baby-I was trying to make this part sort of funny, but I'm not the best of comedy writers, so I'm not sure how I did. I'd love some advice if you have any!