• Published 7th Jan 2016
  • 1,853 Views, 14 Comments

Halo U.N.S.C Frigate Timelane - Element Reading



UNSC Frigate Timelane was investigating an new planet just outside the covenant controlled territory, this is going to be epic

  • ...
9
 14
 1,853

Chapter 2: A big attack

The battle was about thirty minutes, there weren't that many covies there.

The UNSC has set up a HQ in the empire's castle, Shining and Cadence welcomed it after they saved their lives. The captain said that the fight for Ponyville will be in about a day, they need to get some vehicles out thereif we are to win. Shining and Mord were walking down the halls towards the bar because Mord was on break.

Mord asked Shining, "Where are the ponies that HAVE been taken?"

He replied, "The covies, as you all call them have set up a giant prison camp next to the town of Ponyville, none of us can penetrate it, but maybe your forces can."

Mord said, "How many wars have your kind fought?"

He replied, "We haven't had war in over a thousand years, this is really our first war, how long have you humans been fighting the covenant?"

Mord dipped his head down and replied, "Over 30 years, with loses over 70 billion."

Shining froze for a minute before he said, "30 years with how many deaths?!"

He replied, "Over 70 billion and the number is greater than that, but as far as I know 70 billion is it. That includes my entire family and my eye."

A tear fell off his check, Mord fell to his knees and cried, he was letting it all out. Shining sat down next to him and said, "I am sorry for your lose, but if it feels any better, the bar is about two hallways down, first round is on me."

Mord looked at him and said, "Thanks, I saw you fighting and maybe, with a little bit of our training you could be a marine." Mord got up and they raced to the empire's bar.

About three rounds in later Shining had a nice buzz going while Mord had only a light buzz.

Shining asked him , "D-do you have a special somepony back on your planet?"

Mord replied, "Heh, hell no dude, I am still a f**king virgin."

Shining said, "We need to change that when this is all over."

Mord replied with, "Aye."

After he said that the rest of his squad and Princess Cadence entered, Shining told the bar tender, "Round of beers for these guys and my wife."

He nodded and got 5 more glasses of apple family hard cider, they liked the beer. Demon squad drank until 8 when they retired to bed, which was for now a piece of wood with a blanket, Mord didn't mind, he always slept that way. The next morning all of them had hangovers, Mord even let them sleep in about 15 minutes later than usual.

But after some coffee and a hot shower they were ready to take on a giant covenant base, which from the pics they got was more like a small town with more AA guns. The Timelane will help them as much as they can with some orbital strikes and use of the mac canon.

They were all in pelicans flying over to the base, Shining Armor and a few of his best guard joined them, his little sister was in the prison, of course he would go.

Shining asked the squad, "Why did all of you join, except you Mord, you already told me."

Baker said, "Well, I joined so that I can protect my pregnant wife and make a difference in the war, hell I already have, I am part of Demon squad."

Helen answered with, "I joined to get revenge for killing my big sister who joined the war."

Macy said, "I joined because I have always wanted to hang a skinned elite on my wall." Trev told him, "I joined because the covies glassed my home world killing all of my friends."

Yori told everpony, "I joined because I love to kill and no where else can I kill things legally." Everypony scooted a little bit away from him.

They heard the pilot shout, "5 minutes until you walk there!"

Mord yelled, "Got it!" Everyone got their gear ready, Macy made out with her machine gun turret, who she named Leon, just because.

Mord told Shining, "For this mission, welcome to the Demon Skulls recruit. I saw you fight, and I'll admit it was pretty good."

Shining replied, "Thank you, I will get my sister back."

Mord asked, "Wait you have a sister, hmm I thought you were an only child."

He replied, "Yup, she is the princess of friendship."

Yori told him, "When you find her, keep her close or you will lose her, trust me that happened to my little sister." He continued to check his riffle.

They heard the pelican land, Shining used his magic to pick up the fuel rod canon that he brought, Mord yelled out, "Move out you pussies!"

They all left the pelican, they heard over the radio, "Demon Skull squad remember you don't need to kill them all, just take down the two big AA guns."

Mord told them, "Activate invisibility."

After he said that all of them turned invisible, Shining asked as they were heading to the base, "How'd you do that?"

Mord replied, "Later." They snuck to the front of the base, there were low walls perfect for a minor base, behind the walls were what looked like Covenant prison cells.

To the far left and right were two VERY big AA guns that could turn a frigate to scrap metal in a few minutes and they had to destroy them. Luckily with the new invisibility it doesn't need to be recharged, Mord said, "Alright Shining Helen you two are with me to destroy the left gun, Baker, Trev, Macy, and Yori take the right one and be very quiet. Only engage the gun once I give the order on the radio, got it men?"

They quietly said, "Sir yes sir."

While Shining said, "Got it Mord."

They started to move out, Shining used a spell that made him invisible to the covies. Mord, Helen, and Shining managed to get over the wall, they were right in front of the gun (the gun is the same one that you destroy in Halo 3 fyi) which Mord thought was farther away.

He said over the radio, "Ready?"

He heard Baker respond with, "Ready here."

Mord said, "Attack."

Mord aimed his DMR at the closest three grunts and pulled the trigger, they died of course. Shining took out his fuel rod canon and fired it at the elites, two of the four died while the other two just lost their shields.

Mord slung his DMR and took out his SAW, he sprayed bullets at the last elites, now of course the elites tried to hit them with plasma, but the group had to much cover. They heard a loud boom over by the right gun, they knew the others destroyed it.

Mord reloaded his SAW after he killed the elites, sadly there were 4 shielded jackals firing the needles that have pissed off all of you at least once before, Helen took out one of her grenades and threw it at the jackals, luckily they didn't see it and it killed three of them while the last one got blown up by Shining's canon.

Helen shouted, "CLEAR!"

Mord pointed his gun at the AA gun, he said, "When you see an orange thing come out of the bottom shot it!"

They nodded, right then the orb came down from the AA gun so it could reload, they fired at it with all their fire power and it blew up, Mord shouted over the radio, "UNSC HQ, AA guns are down, requesting reinforcements now!"

A male voice replied, "Granted, eta ten minutes."

Trev shouted into his radio, "We need help at the right AA gun, there are so many covies and we're running low on ammo!"

Mord replied, "Got it, we're on the way, Helen, Shining move out!" With that they made their way to the right gun, they did kill five elites, four grunts, three jackals, two hunters, and a partridge in a pear tree (lololololol).

When they got there they saw four hunters surrounding them along with a bunch of grunts, Mord told Helen and Shining, "Helen you take out the two hunters on the far left by sticking your frag grenades in their backs, I will do the same to the right ones. Shining once we kill them you take out as many grunts as possible, got it?"

They nodded and moved out. Helen got on the first hunter on the left, after she shoved the grenade in it she jumped on the other one's back and did the same thing.

At the same time Mord jumped on the far right hunter and shoved the grenade in the neck and jumped on the one to its left, although what he did was brilliant.

He turned the hunter towards an oncoming wraith and let it fire, the wraith was destroyed and so was the right hunter, he of course took his energy sword and sliced the last hunter's head right off, it fell to the ground dead. Shining aimed his fuel rod canon he fired the canon until the clip ran out killing almost all the grunts, but one was barely alive.

Mord walked over to it, it said, "Go die in a hole human scum."

Mord took his energy sword and chopped the grunts head off, then shoved the grunt's needler up its own ass, he laughed a bit. Then Macy said, "I see reinforcements guys!"

Mord ordered, "Okay maggots we need to get to the front of the base, make sure we have minimum loses, got it?!"

His squad shouted, "SIR YES SIR!" Shining nodded and they carefully made their way to the front of the base. About halfway down they heard a female voice shout, "HELP US PLEASE HELP!"

Mord said, "The crate over there, squad continue the mission, Shining and I will get those ponies out!"

They all nodded, Mord and Shining looked at the front of the crate, the lock was in covenant letters, Shining said, "How are we going to crack the lock, there are easily a hu-" He was cut off by Mord shooting it with his DMR, Shining could tell that behind the helmet he was smiling.

Shining Armor said, "Not a word Mord." He nodded.

They heard the door hiss and they looked, it was opening up, there were about 50 ponies crammed inside it, some were in shock, some were hurt, and some were even branded for brute food, Mord said, "They never did this to my people, usually they kill us right there and the brutes eat the bodies, their higher class considers us a delicacy, I f**king hate the covenant."

One of the ponies stepped out towards them. It was a mare, she looked about Mords age, she had a yellow coat and a mane that resembled fire, her eyes were burnt sienna, she also had a blue jump suit on that had a few scratch marks, he could see that she had a lightning bolt cutie mark as Shining called it, and her goggles were burnt, like it was hit by plasma.

Mord said, "I am UNSC Commander Mord of ODST squad Demon Skulls and we f**king hate those Covenant b*****ds."

She responded with, "I am Commander Spitfire of the Wonderbolts, please help us."

Mord shouted, "Alright were getting you all out of here, follow me to the evac pelicans, you will be extracted to the Crystal empire which is now under UNSC protection, follow me and Captain Shining Armor!"

They all got up and they headed towards the pelicans, though about two clicks away from the entrance Mord heard something, he said, "Stop, I heard something."

He dropped his saw and drew his energy sword, he stood still for a minute until he heard an elite uncloak, next thing he knew an elite zealot jumped him on the right, he ducked down and raised the energy sword, the elite was sliced in half from the momentum and fell on the ground on two bloody pieces.

Mord rose up and said, "Nothing like the fresh smell of death in the morning, ah, lovely." After he said that five elite zealots jumped in front of him, he said in the covenant language, "you all suck and I'll kill you all."

The elite in front laughed but was cut short by Mord lunging on him and cutting his head off, Mord picked up the dropped energy sword and said, "I came here to chew gum and kick ass, I just ran out of gum."

The other elites charged him, Mord charged towards them as well, Mord fell down and slid towards the first elite and chopped half of his lower body off and killing it.

Mord got up and threw the new energy sword at the next elite , it got stuck in the elite's face killing it. the other two elites were charging next to each other, Mord took out his knife and threw it at the elite on the right, it hit it's chest and fell down, but not dead. The other one yelled out and sliced at Mord, though he jumped to the side and avoided it with ease, He plunged his sword into the elite's back, it fell on two knees, Mord said, "go to hell b***h."

He broke the elite's neck killing it. The elite he didn't kill was crawling towards the nearest energy sword, but Mord stepped on it's back, he took out his DMR and pointed it at him, it said, "please, I have a wife and kids, please!"

Mord replied with, "Then you shouldn't of come here." He pulled the trigger and the shot pierced it's head killing it, Mord said in the Covenant language, "may you ascend to your heaven and someday have your family see you again."

He said to the ponies, "The evac pelicans aren't far away!"

Once they got to the evac site there were over a hundred marines on the field ready to fight, Mord said, "Okay ponies head towards the big metal ships, those are the pelicans that will get you all out of here, don't worry, we'll get everyone... ergh, everypony out of there!"

Macy, Trev, Baker, and Yori ran up and saluted. Mord said, "At ease fellas!"

They fist bumped and talked for a minute, Mord said, "Okay were going into that base and we are going to kicka*s, but me, Helen, and Shining need ammo bad."

They said, "Yes sir!"

Author's Note:

Thank you all for getting this far in my story, constructive criticism is welcomed here.

the Elements will be here next chapter, just wait.