• Published 18th Aug 2015
  • 1,029 Views, 26 Comments

Diamonds in the Snow - RummyKun



Double Diamond is a top-notch skiier with a secret admirer

  • ...
7
 26
 1,029

3) Skiing 101

The climb wasn't so easy for Party. He stumbled a lot and almost fell off twice. However, it was hardly anything to Diamond, since he did this for a living. At the top of the hill, Diamond stopped to take a look at the view. They weren't on that tall of a slope, but it was still nice to take in that nice cool mountain air. Just a single breathe was all Diamond needed to get started on his day. He could even sleep in the snow if he really wanted to. He turned to look at the shivering blue stallion wobbling up beside him.

"Now, this isn't much, but it's a nice slope for your first time." Diamond explained. "The first thing you always make sure to do is always strap yourself in. You never know what could happen, but being strapped in could save your life."

Party got into the skis and fixed himself into the straps.

"Alright, secondly, you should remember your two basic forms. The different forms effect the way you go down. The first form is the straight away. To do this is simple, so all you do is keep them straight and lined up as you lean your weight downward. The second form is the crossing formation. As opposed to the straight away, you face your skis to where the tips are angled and face each other. That will make you slow down and give you more control."

Party looked down at his skis. He kept switching between the forms so he could get used to it before he went down.

"Alright, I think I got it." He said to Diamond.

"Good, now that's about all you need to know for now about going down the slope. Now I'm gonna teach you how to stop. All you do is turn completely sideways."

Diamond lowered his goggles until they were over his eyes. He pushed down the mountain and showed off all the things he taught to Party.

He looked up and shouted. "Now you try!"

Party gulped in fear as he pushed off onto the flurry of snow. He glided down quickly and crashed almost immediately. He started to tumble down the hill and face planted at the bottom.