• Published 18th Aug 2015
  • 1,029 Views, 26 Comments

Diamonds in the Snow - RummyKun



Double Diamond is a top-notch skiier with a secret admirer

  • ...
7
 26
 1,029

7) One Last Try [Finale]

The climb wasn't as bad the second time around. Party got up with no problem at all. He joined his friend as they gazed out into the snowy horizon. They saw their village, which was covered in snow, and they saw the slope that was ahead of them.

"That wasn't so hard, was it?" Diamond smirked as he asked his friend.

"That's what she said."

They both bursted out laughing from the immature joke. Once they finished laughing, they looked down the slope.

"Wait," Party began. "I think we should have lunch first, I mean, I packed it and it's about noon now."

"Sure." Diamond turned around and sat down with his friend to eat.

It was a simple lunch, just a couple of sandwiches, and some melon. They started eating their food, when Party started pondering about asking the question. He was very nervous on how it would play out. He was afraid that Diamond wouldn't like him back, or worse, stop being friends overall. All these thoughts were clouding up his mind. Suddenly, he was interrupted by Diamond.

"Hey, do you know anything about secret admirers?" He asked.

"What are you saying?"

"Well, I've been pondering this letter I got on my doorstop about 5 days ago. It's saying how someone in the village has a crush on me or something. I mean, crazy right?"

"Uh-huh."

"Any idea who it could be?"

Party started to sweat. He didn't know how to respond. He was afraid of all the different outcomes. Without thinking, he spoke up.

"Me."

"What?"

"I said, me. I wrote it."

Diamond blushed brightly. His heart was beating fast. He looked into Party's eyes. Party on the other hoof was looking downward, preparing for the worst.

"I don-" Party's sentence was cut off by a pair of lips meeting his. He welt his insides melt and it felt like time slowed down. He returned the kiss.

Diamond looked up at him. "I've wanted to do that for so long now. I just didn't have the guts to do it."

Party was shocked. The bravest stallion he knew was scared of making a move. He smiled at him.

"I love you, Party Favor."

"I love you too, Double Diamond."

The two packed up their stuff and got on their skis.

"Why don't we go down together?" Diamond asked.

"I thought you'd never ask."

They held hooves and made their way down the slope. They made it down, and Diamond was yelling in excitement as he got Party down the slope without a single slip up. They took off their skis and headed into town.

They left as friends, but came back as lovers.

The End.

Author's Note:

I hope you enjoyed this. I might make another full-length love story some time in the near future, so keep on the look out. Thanks for reading!