• Published 31st May 2012
  • 3,011 Views, 34 Comments

Shy Time - discord7



Fluttershy has always wanted of a colt to love her, but she's just to she to talk to anypony....

  • ...
3
 34
 3,011

Fluttershys First Kiss

It had been a couple of days since Sprinter had come to my house to see me. Everypony kept asking how it was going out with him, as if we were already in a relationship. I told them I hadn't seen him lately, they always smiled and said the same thing, "Oh, you will." Though I didn't know what they ment I kept waiting for him. I had sometimes begin to think that he had forgotten, was I really not interesting to him. Had he met another mare, well he was rather good looking he could probably meet another one easily. After all there was nothing special about me.

I heard a knock on my door, I bolted to it and opened it. It was Sprinter, and he had a basket in his mouth. Were we going to go on another picnic? I didn't think so he had a serious look on his face, he put down the basket. Then he lifted the cover. Inside was a small brown and black puppy, sleeping it looked like.

"I need your help." he said simply.

It turned out he wasn't avoiding me. The pup he told me that he saved he actually took in. Miracle had apparently become very sick. He'd been taking him to every vet in Ponyville but nopony could diagnose it. So he decided that there was only one other pony he could take him to. I was a bit flattered that he thought of me. I took a look at the little pup. Even though he was sick he wagged his tail rapidly. He seemed like such a sweet dog. I looked inside his mouth and ears and saw nothing, but then I looked at his belly and knew exactly what was wrong.

"He ate some Bellyache Grass." I told him.

"Bellyache Grass?" Sprinter looked confused.

"Yes it's a common flower here in Ponyville, in most animals it doesn't do anything. But if a dog eats it, it will give them terrible stomach aches, it can also make them get the hiccups and even a bit of vomiting." I explained, "You can tell because the viens on his belly turned green, they're supposed to be blue."

"Huh," he was impressed by my observation, "so what's the cure?" He asked.

I laughed the cure was actually pretty silly, when I told him he burst into laughter, Miracle seemed confused at the context being exchanged. "Don't worry Miracle your gonna get all better."

I chopped an onion in half, the smell made my eyes water, then soaked it in vineger, then poured hot sauce on it. The stench was foul. I broke off a small piece and stuck it to a doggie biscut with peanut butter. As I appoached the pup his tail wagged, his tongue dribbled out in anticipation.

"I can't believe this is supposed to cure it, if anything I'd think it would make it worse."

"Sometimes the oddest combinations can come out to have the strangest outcomes." I told him, he smiled as he looked at me while I fed Miracle the treat. I turned away and blushed a little, there was his awkward way of looking at me again. The pup lapped up the last crumbs of his treat and burped loudly, a green mist coming from his mouth. It to smelled awful. Sprinter let out another laugh, and if I thought that the dog had energy before, he was almost literally bouncing off the walls.

"So we gunna got out today?" he said the abrupt question caught me by total surprise. I didn't answer at first. Then I got a chance to shake the initial shock and responded, "I'd love to" even my own entusiasm seemed a bit surprising. I seemed to be more comfortable around him than I thought.

He dropped off his pup and we got a taxi to the pier. As we walked the wooden platform that led to the off shore line, we said nothing. We just walked, the sun had begun to set. We sat at the edge of the pier and gazed at the sunset. It was quite beautiful, the orange and purple colors that streaked the sky in an unchartable pattern. The few clouds that were caught in the transition between night and day, they reflected the bright sun on one side and dark gray of the night on the other. I sighed as I watched all the beauty unfold before me.

"Fluttershy?" Sprinter said snapping me back to reality, "I know this may seem a little sudden..." he drifted off, I could see the sparkle in his yellow eyes, even though he wasn't looking directly at me they caught the suns light and glowed a golden hue.

"But?" I pressed.

"I was wondering," he continued, he looked me straight in the eyes, I could feel my face turn red but I was captivated, I didn't look away or try to avoid his eyes. They sparkled in the sunsets glow. "it's just you're different than the other mares I've met, you're kind, caring, you listen." He continued as he turned away, I was expecting butterflies but I didn't get them. "I was wonderin if..." I waited intently for his last words, "maybe you wanted to be my marefriend?" He said finally.
I made almost no hesitation when I said, "Yes!" He smiled, that's when I got my butterflies.

"I was a bit nervous there for a minute," he said.

We sat on the pier talking a bit more, lauging, sharing stories, and as the sun finally set he did something I didn't expect. He put his forehoof over my shoulder and pulled me closer. I felt him, warm against my body. I hadn't noticed how chilly it had gotten. I moved in closer. He leaned his head on mine. We watched as the last bit of sun trickled over the horizon. That's when something else happened that I didn't expect. He lifted his head from mine and moved his forehoof a bit off my shoulder.

I looked up at him, was something wrong? No, it didn't seem like it, he looked at me, his eyes still sparkling. We said nothing, I saw the shadow of Lunas moon on the right half of his face and the orange glow of Celestias fading sun on the left. He leaned in closer, I didn't expect what happened next, and to this day I cannot put words to the pure and absolute bliss I felt as his lips caressed mine. I closed my eyes enjoying the short experience. When he moved away I felt out of breath. He smiled, I smiled back. It was my very first kiss, from my very first coltfriend.


The next day Rarity came by to pick me up for our weekly spa date. We trotted and talked as we went.

"So darling, have you seen you-know-who?" she questioned.

"Actually yes," I said proudly, as we entered the check-in office of the Spa Sisters, Rarity gasped at the news of this juicy gossip. "You simply must tell me every detail."

"Ok, but you have to Pinkie promise not to tell." I told her, she crosed her hoof in a 't' shape over her chest and pressed her hoof to her eye.

"Ok, well," I paused, Rarity held her breath, "he asked me to be his marefriend." Rarity squeeled with excitement.

"Wow Fluttershy," Lotus, the blue filly said, "that colt sure is a looker too, I've seen him around. Little hottie that one."

"Now girls," Rarity prompted, "that's Fluttershy's new colt your talking about." She smiled at me. I smiled back.

The spa was amazing, and when we left I told Rarity the rest of the story, the spa sisters were after all renowned for gossip, Pinkie Pie promise or not. Rarity almost lost it when I told her about him kissing me.

"It was your first kiss?" she said, "Oh, and how romantic, he is good Fluttershy, don't let this one get away."
I blushed at her compliment, to think of how lucky I had been to bump into him, if I hadn't been thinking about not having a colfriend I may not have one. That got me thinking though, I met him while thinking of something I lacked, was there something that pushed us together or was I really that lucky?