• Published 31st May 2012
  • 3,011 Views, 34 Comments

Shy Time - discord7



Fluttershy has always wanted of a colt to love her, but she's just to she to talk to anypony....

  • ...
3
 34
 3,011

Sprinters Tale of Tell

A day had passed as I awoke to the sound of my doorbell ringing. I got up and rubbed the sand from my eyes as I answered the door, it was the mailcolt.

"Package for Miss. Fluttershy." he said handing me a brown box.

"Oh, thank you." I bid him farewell and shut my door. I never got mail, what could it be. I read the tag, it was from Sprinter, and there was a card on it. I took it off and read the card before opening the box. It was polite to read cards before opening gifts after all.

Dear Fluttershy.

I remember you saying that you took care of alot of animals, I used to take care of a few myself when I was a foal. I thought I'd get you something to help you out. I know it can be rather difficult taking care of so many little critters. This oughta help though. I'll pick you up around tenish today.

P.S. Don't worry about paying me back, I talked to your friend Twilight, nice gal, she told me the way you are when you get gifts.


I opened the box, inside were six vouchers for a fifty pound bag of 'All Feed' pet food at/from 'Madlines Animal Necessities'. Twilight must have also told him about the food I used, it was expensive too, but I gave the very best for my little friends. I couldn't belive he had gotten me these, and six of them! It would keep me stocked on food for the winter.
I smiled to myself, he was generous, funny and cute to boot. I once again felt giddy. Angel was curious as to what was in my package.

"Look Angel Bunny, I got vouchers for food for the other animals, now I can have some extra money this time." I thought, I had to get him something to repay him for his kind act. "Come in Angel, were going shoping." I told Angel. He jumped into my saddle bag and we headed off for the shopping center.

I bought Angel his usual lollipop that he couldn't go without, this time it didn't burn a hole in my wallet. I got cupcakes at Sugar Cube Corner, and a jogging suit for Sprinter, he had told me that he was training for the Wonderbolt's tryouts this season, but hadn't gotten around to getting proper equipment yet. I had to help out somehow. I stopped by Carousel Boutique to see how Rarity was doing.

The bell rang as I entered, Rarity spouted her usual greeting, "Welcome to Carousel Botique where-" she stpooed when she noticed it was me, "Oh, hello Fluttershy. How are you?"

"Fine, and you Rarity?" I replied.

"Oh, Fluttershy come now, Twilight has already told me all about that handsome new stallion in town. I heard he has taken quite an interest in you." Rarity said getting straight to the point, I immediatly turned red. She laughed at my reaction.

"Oh, Fluttershy darling, it's nothing to be embarassed about. I've also met him, so has Applejack. Rainbow Dash already knew him apparently, she was in flight camp with him it seems."

"Yes, well he is a nice colt but I don't want to rush into anything." I told her.

"Oh, of course not dear, take it as slow as you'd like. But do keep in mind that he is quite the looker." Rarity said the words made me turn bright red once more.

I told her about yesterday when I met him, every now and then she would break out in laughter at the way I would describe his demeanor. The entire time she smiled through my story awaiting each detail of it. I glanced at the clock and was suddenly startled. It was nine fourty-five. I had fifteen minutes until he was supposed to pick me up. I told Rarity I would be seeing him today very soon.

"Well then, what are you possibly still doing here? Get going!" she rushed me out I told her good bye and she waved me off. I rushed home, I got back in ten minutes. Still had time to get ready. I brushed my hair and straightened it up a bit. After I fed my animals I glanced at the clock and frowned. it was ten-ten, had he forgotten? I sat on my couch, sad that he had compleatly forgotten about me.

Five minutes later I heard another knock on my door. I opened it and saw the maroon colt standing in my doorway.

"Hey there, ready to go?" he asked.

I laughed, I had forgotten myself the letter said tenish. I followed him to the taxi he had come in, "Yes, for a minute I thought you had forgotten."

"Ha, sorry about that, I got a little caught up. I was getting wing bands so I coud practice flying with resistance for my training."

That's when I remembered, "Oh, hold on one second please." I ran back into my house and brought out the white box with a little bow on it.

He laughed apparantly amused that I hadn't followed his direction to not repay him. He opened the box and pulled out the red and black jogging suit. "Aw, well thanks Fluttershy my old one was getting worn. But I told you you didn't have to." He laughed and my stomach fluttered a bit. We set off for a field in the Central Park.

Before we got out of the cart he pulled a picnic basket out from the back seat of the taxi. He pulled out the blanket and we set out the food.

"So tell me Fluttershy, how did you come to be a pegasus who takes care of animals on the ground?" he asked. I told him my story. He listened intently hanging on to the details.

"Uh-huh, well you never thought of opening up an adoption clinic?" He asked.

"Oh, well I never thought of that, I usually just talk to pony's and get them a pet that suits them."

"I think you'd get a lot more customers if you had a shop to work with." he told me, "I could help you, I used to run an adoption clinic."

"Well what happened?" I asked.

"Uh... we took in a phoenix." he said, I lauged thinking of my experience with Philomeena. Then I saw his expression, he looked sad. I apologized.

"Naw, it's ok you didn't know." he told me.

"Well what happened?" I asked.

"Well..." he paused thinking where to begin.

---

I sat in my office filling out paper work. It was hard work but in the end it was totally worth it to see the kids happy with their perfect pet. I noticed out my window some of my animal control officers handling a crate. I left the office to see what it was, I asked one of them.

"Well," Nets said, I had known him for four years prior, originally a fishercolt, "apparently, this little bugger was pestering some young fillies in Appledale, so we scooped him up and brought him here."

I looked into the small holes curiously, "Well what is it?" I asked him.

"It's a phoenix." he said.

I was going to ask how in the world he had caught a wild phoenix, but after all he was Nets, he was the best there was. We took the fire bird to his cage and let him loose. He was glad to finally be able to stretch his wings, and he was quite the majestic specimen. Of course we had to tame him before we could adopt him out to the proper owner. His red, orange and strangly purple feathers glistned in the sunlight. I went back to my office to finish my work.

A few hours later, I heard the fire alarm going off. I rushed to the sight. The phoenix had set the entire hall ablaze. He soared over me and continue to burn the place. I rushed to the cages to unlock them. It was too late the locks were all melted. I tried kicking the doors down, it wouldn't work. I watched as the fire consumed the rooms. In the cage in front of me I heard a small whimper, a tiny puppy, maybe not even six weeks old looked up at me with big brown eyes. He squeezed through the bars. I picked him up by the scruff and dashed out of the building.

There was absolutely nothing more I could do, tears streamed down my face as I thought of all the innocent lives that would be lost. It was all because I didn't take precautionary measures with the legendary bird. No wild phoenix could be caged for very long, I knew that. All of this was my fault. I burst through the doors and set the little pup down. He looked at me and I looked back at him, he was the only thing left. I named him Miracle.

---

When he finished his story I had tears in my eyes, I couldn't believe that he had been through that. I wouldn't be able to handle it. I patted his shoulder to comfort him. He looked at me and smiled. "Thanks Fluttershy." We trotted home after the picnic, he seemed to recover. As I got to the door of my cottage it had gotten really late really fast.

"Well that was fun right?" I said.

"Yeah," he said, "I had a great time."

We looked at each other a bit longer than I expected to, in complete silence, it was a bit awkward. I looked down, "Well, I guess I'll see you later then." I told him.

"Ok, maybe I'll swing by another time." he waved and took his taxi home.

I sat in my living room for a bit, I thought about what had happened. Why was that so awkward, I could have said something, goodnight or something. I drifted off to sleep.