• Published 31st May 2012
  • 3,011 Views, 34 Comments

Shy Time - discord7



Fluttershy has always wanted of a colt to love her, but she's just to she to talk to anypony....

  • ...
3
 34
 3,011

Oh I'm Sorry I Didn't See You There

I was shopping out shopping for groceries, as usual, taking care of so many animals took up a lot of my time. I had a lot on my mind lately, all of my friends had recently found a coltfriend. Pinkie Pie had even settled down with a hyperactive pony named Binky Doodle. He planned parties too it was how they had met two years prior. I was one of the oldest of my friends, but due to my shy nature I felt I would never find the right colt. I was twenty and still had never even had a coltfriend. As I walked I kept thinking of these things, how could I talk to somepony when I couldn't even approach one. Even Twilight had to urge me to talk to her when I first met her.

As I trotted through the street, I was so caught up in my thoughts that I didn't even look where I was going. I hit something big and red. I fell to the ground seeing stars. I looked up and saw the yellow eyes of a maroon colored pony staring back at me, his black mane fell over his eyes as he looked down at me.

"Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't see you..." I told him looking down. He lowered his head to look me in the eyes, I blushed.

"Oh, come now, don't be shy." He said to me, I looked up at him, "I'm new here."

I looked up, he smiled, I blushed again. "I'm Spinter, Sprinter By." He said, "it sounds like 'bee' but its spelled like 'by'" He explained. I laughed I had never heard a pony talk about there name like that.

"So what's your name?" he asked.

"Fluttershy," I said quietly.

"So, ya mind showing me around?" he asked me, I frowned.

"Um, I don't think I'm the best pony to ask," I told him, I could introduce you to my friend-"

"Naw that's alright, I just need to know my way around town." he told me, "I want you to show me what do you say?" He looked at me and smiled encouragingly.

I wasn't sure but I didn't like saying no, so, "Ok." I told him.

I began showing him around, we went past the shops I explained where the good ones were. He listened to every word I said, it was kind of nice having somepony who listened to me so closely. As we passed Sugar Cube Corner he asked what it was.

"Oh that's Sugar Cube Corner," I told him, "this is one of the most popular sweets shop in Ponyville."

"Hmm, back in Haymill we had Sweet Tooth Central, I could got for a bite how 'bout you?" He asked.

"Oh, I don't really have much money, everything I get goes to taking care of my woodland creatures," I explained.

"Don't worry," He told me, "my treat."

We walked into the doors and were immediatly were greeted by the magenta hyperactive pony Pinkie Pie.

"Oh hey Fluttershy, how's it going, I don't see you here too often," she spoke so rapidly that I could hardly keep up, "so, who's your new friend huh?" I blushed at the mention.

"Uh I'm just showing him around." I answered.

"Sure." Pinkie winked "Hey Binkie-cakes," Pinkie called a bright blue pony popped his head from behind the counter. He had the same poofy hair as pinkie in a different shorter cut, he also had the same hyperactive demenor.

"Yup, yup, hows it goin' sugar bear," he said bouncing over.

"Get 'em a table for two." Pinkie said happily.

The blue pony saluted and sped off to set up a table. We trotted over and took our seats.

Pinkie returned with two menues.

"Just go ahead and take a look over the menues, I'll be back to take your order" Pinkie bounced off to check on the other pony's.

I felt bad taking advantage of his generosity, I didn't want to get anything too expensive, even though I was rather hungry. I hadn't eaten breakfast I was in such a rush. My stomach let out a low growl seeing all the tasty items, I blushed again. Sprinter looked at me, he smiled. I blushed harder because I thought he was really cute.

"Hey, Fluttershy you don't have to worry about my money, get someting to eat, ok?" he assured. It was as if he read my mind.

"Ok." I said quietly. There was the new Apple Cinnamon Buns that I had always wanted to try.

Pinkie came back in a flash, "So what can I get for the two lover pony's today?"

Sprinter laughed, "I'll take the Apple Cinnamon Buns those sound delicious."

I was a little taken aback, "And what about you Fluttershy?"

"Um," I looked at Sprinter, I smiled encouragingly, "I'll take the same, and a cup of tea please."

"Okie dokie lokie." Pinkie said and again she was off.

She came back almost instantaniously with two steaming plates.

"Here ya go, fresh out of the oven." She told us, I'll have your tea out in a minute ok, Fluttershy."

I nodded we thanked her.

"I swear I don't know how she does it." I said, I flinched at my own sudden comfortableness around him.

"I know what you mean," he said, "food's really good though."

We talked and ate and laughed for about a half an hour then decided to leave. I had never had this kind of experience before. As we lift the table he payed his tab and left a hoof full of bits on the table for Pinkie. She came to collect and thanked us for coming. As we left I was still laughing at one of his jokes.

"So," he said suddenly, I found myself looking at him wide eyed and smiling, "we should do this again sometime." He said, more of a question though.

"Oh," once more I blushed, I felt my heart race, "well I think I have some free time tomarrow."

"Great were do you live I'll pick you up."

I told him, we waved goodbye and I went off to finnish my shopping. The rest of the day I felt happy and a little giddy inside. Is this what it felt like to like a colt. I didn't want it to end.