• Published 29th Feb 2016
  • 333 Views, 0 Comments

Void Hopper - hollowsbest



My name is- Well, that's new. It appears I've forgotten my name, apologies. You may call me Charlie for now, nice and gender-neutral. I'm one of the few who can freely traverse the void.

  • ...
 0
 333

Prologue

My name is, was May Berlyne Riverstone Richards.

What can I say? My parents had a thing for big and long names, one of my little sisters was named Elizabeth Charles Rosebank Richards. Yeah, my family had weird and long names.

I used to live in England, can't remember the exact location sadly. Still have the accent though, bonus! My family was kind-of large, two little sisters; Lizzy and Emms. My year older-than brother and several years younger-than brother; Harry and Michael. My two parents; Michelle and Roxanne.

My parents sometimes call me an amazon woman seeing as I'm fairly tall, six foot something; I dyed my hair pink like a female anime protagonist an age ago, my eyes are purple; thanks to a disorder that colours them purple, and thanks to the disorder I don't have periods! I can still procreate fine though.
My skin is usually pretty pale, I burn easily and I like wearing shades of yellow and brown on my clothing; I have a necklace my Dad gave me for my birthday, it's special and I never take it off.

We used to travel around, we once visited America for a comic-con for Harry for Agents of SHIELD. It was pretty awesome, we also picked up some Kill la Kill memorabilia for me. Anyway, I'm getting off track here.

The day I vanished was Michael's fifth birthday, we were having fun teasing and geeking out over his presents; when I started feeling dizzy.


"Lyne, you don't look good," Emmerlyn said, glancing at me.
"I don't feel good," I muttered, rubbing my temples.

"What's wrong dear?" Michelle asked, I called Michele Mum and Roxanne Dad. It would take too long to explain why.
"I've got this throbbing headache, and it feels like I'm going to pass out," I replied.

"Go lie down honey, it'll be fine," Roxanne put in.
"But it's Michael's birthday, I can't miss it!"
"It'll be fine Lyne." Michelle said, steering me away from the birthday boy and towards my room.

"Mum," I whined.
"Don't 'mum' me, lie down. How late were you up last night?"
"I went to bed around four-ish."
"You should know better."
"I know."

I hung my head, trying to ignore the throbbing.

"Bed, now." Michelle said.
I grumbled a bit but did as I was told, I crawled under the covers and Michelle left the room; closing the door as she left.

"Stuck in my room on my brother's birthday, how can this get any worse?" I wondered, I hissed in pain as my back started to throb; I rolled onto my stomach, but it didn't ease the pain.

I closed my eyes tight and curled into a ball, slowly falling into the realms of sleep; the throbbing didn't stop, it seemed to get worse the farther I fell into dreamland.


After what seemed years but was just mere moments, my eyes opened due to the brightness of my surroundings; Michelle had closed my curtain and so my room had been dark, had she opened them again?

I eased open one eye and then the other, before I snapped them open wide and sat up quickly.

I groaned as the throbbing came back full force, I tried to ignore it as I looked around at my surroundings; I was in a field with quite bright green grass and dotted with brightly coloured flowers. There were a few trees around and a path leading off into the distance.

This was definitely not my room.