• Published 26th May 2012
  • 6,566 Views, 137 Comments

Sniper in Equestria - no sh*t sherlock



Sniper goes through a portal and ends up in Equestria

  • ...
16
 137
 6,566

Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Princess Celestia stood in the Castle doorway.She faced the courtyard, but overlooked it and stared into the forest. A wide smile grew across her face as she saw what she was looking for.

Rainbow Dash could be seen from far away with her colorful mane. Moments later, Twilight and Applejack appeared, but they weren't alone. In between them was a body resting on top of a purple magical platform. It was Garren.

Captain Wall emerged from the Castle and took his place beside her. A face of disbelief was plastered on his face.

"So they actually got him." He said, impressed. "That is surprising." He said it more to himself, but Celestia responded.

"I never doubted them for a second." She beamed. "Get your ponies ready."

"Of course." He began to walk away, then turned around. "But where's the unicorn?"

"If the human is here, than he can't be too far off." She told him.

"Should I get a search party in there?" He asked.

"No need" she waved a hoof. "He will come to us. Just be patient." She said.

The Captain nodded and started commanding his forces for the final preparations.

Twilight and Applejack slowly carried Garren across the courtyard to where Captain Wall had set up. Surrounded by the presence of dozens of guards, he was untied from his previous bonds by Twilight and instantly restrained to new, more secure ones. He was brought to his knees and his chest was tied to a pole that ran into the ground. His arms were pulled away from him and tied to two smaller posts on either side. Rather than facing the forest, his view was the Castle.

Twilight and Applejack walked away from the human and headed towards the the Castle entrance. When they were far enough away, Captain Wall gave the order and all the guards moved in. They formed a loose, four layer circle around him. They outer two layers of guards watch his perimeter, while the two inner layers ensured that Garren would stay settled in his current position.

As the mares came closer, Celestia could see that they had changed. All of them looked incredibly tired, even Rainbow Dash who soared about the sky. But it was more than just needing some rest, they were both physically and mentally exhausted.

Twilight looked the worst of the three. Celestia could tell that she had fastened on a fake smile. She walked up to her and embraced her teacher in a hug.

"I'm proud of you, Twilight." She said as she released her. "I'm very proud of all of you." She said as she looked around, acknowledging Rainbow and Applejack.

"We wer' happy ta help." Applejack said. Though it sounded like she didn't mean it.

"Yeah, It was fun." Rainbow lied. The usually confidence she had in her voice was gone.

"Come inside, Girls. I bet its been a long time since you've had something decent to eat." Celestia said.

"Yes it has." Twilight said and gave more real smile. Celestia went back inside the Castle and was closely followed by the three mares.

About An Hour Later...

"This is delicious! Thank you, your Highness!" Rainbow said before she stuffed down another haycake.

"Rainbow c'mon." Applejack started. "Wheres your...manners?" It took the last bit of her strength to push her words out. She painfully took a small dainty bite of hers, then dabbed her hooves on a napkin.

"Your telling me?! Rainbow asked.

Princess Celestia gave a laugh and smiled. "I'm glad you like it, Rainbow Dash. And Applejack, you don't have to stand on formality here, you must be very hungry."

Applejack grinned as she ripped off her napkin from around her neck and dove into her plate. Rainbow laughed and did the same.

Celestia and the two continued to laugh and talk. They hadn't once mentioned Garren and she hopefully thought that they were already starting to get over the events of the last couple days. However, Twilight hadn't spoke since they were outside. She wasn't even eating, she just pushed around her food and occasionally took a drink of water. Celestia did some quick thinking and came up with something to try to get her to talk and socialize.

"Twilight, I was hoping that later you might accompany me to the research labs. We could learn much together. Would you like that?" Celestia asked.

All eyes turned to her and she looked down and sighed. "With all due respect your highness..." She said. "I just want to go home." She looked up. Her eyes looked wet from the formation of tears. "I want to go back to Ponyville, to my tree house home. I want to see Spike again and have him help me clean up the library after I've filled the floor went spent books. I want, noneed to go see Rarity, to help her, to be there for her. It sickens me that she hasn't seen her friends in her time of recovery. I have to go back... and I have to do it soon."

"Oh, I wasn't aware how strongly this meant to you." Celestia said. Her head was filling with guilt. "I can have someone gather your things and we can send you on your way back."

"Thanks, but no, I will take care of my bags." Twilight said.

"Very well, we can leave as soon as your ready." Celestia stood up. She didn't feel like eating anymore.

"Thank you for your understanding, your Highness." She gave a weak smile and bowed. "Now if you'll excuse me, I need to pack." Celestia bowed back and Twilight turned and left the table.

************

Time Fire was fast asleep against the trunk of a tree. He had been there since early that morning. He was only about 50 yards away from the courtyard. In a short walk he could be facing down Celestia and her forces. But he was not ready, he need this rest. Twilight had hurt him, he was getting better, but he would need time. He couldn't spend forever sleeping though, he had no idea what was happening to Garren or if he was even alright.

The air around him sizzled with heat.He was wasn't resting, he was gathering his power for one last feat. But even with him gaining strength, he still had a lingering feeling that it wouldn't be enough. Freeing Garren and summoning a portal would take a huge amount of power. He needed was to speak with Luna, but it might be hard to contact her in the middle of the day.

About 3 Hours Later...

"Time Fire? What are you doing here?... Time Fire!" Princess Luna's words penetrated his sleep and entered his dream. When he heard her distorted words, his eyes shot open immediately.

Luna stepped back, surprised at his sudden response. Time Fire stood up off the branch and stretched a good long stretch. He rubbed his eyes and looked down at the ground around him. The dirt was all black, it was scorched. Some of the rocks and pebbles sizzled and popped when he turned them.

"Whoa." He said.

Luna shook her head. "Time Fire, what are you doing?" She said, slightly angry. "The human is already at the Castle and here you are taking a mid day nap!"

Time Fire seemed to ignore her and continued to stretch and examine the spot where he slept.

"Time Fire!" Luna shouted.

He looked up at her sighed.

"You know, I was having an interesting dream. Well... I guess one could call it more of a nightmare." He said calmly. Luna remained silent and waited for him to continue.

"It was a like a look into the future and the horrid things that await." He said.

"What did you see?" Luna asked with concern.

"I saw Canterlot... and Ponyville and Hoofington and Manehattan and all the other towns and cites across Equestria. But I saw no ponies."

"What was there?" She asked.

"Humans." He said, plainly. "People of all shapes, sizes and colors. But for some reason, they all looked familiar."

"Why is that?" Luna asked. She already had an idea, but she didn't want to say it.

"They were us." He said, confirming Luna's thought. "And we were them. I was human, you and your Ponyville friends, even Celestia was there."

"What does that mean?"

"Long ago, when I crossed back and forth between Earth and Equestria, I carried a part of them with me. It was so different than what we have on Equestria that it had devastating results. I don't think I need to go into what those were."

Felling guilty and sad, Luna suddenly found the ground very interesting and stared down at it.

"Anyway, It took close to a thousand years for it to finally start to diffuse and go away. It was like radiation. And now a human has been here for nearly a week. He's been spewing humanity all over the place. It could take tens if not hundreds of thousands of years to get over this. I think that's what my dream meant. That ponies will slowly, in the mind, become humans." Time Fire said.

"But that can't be all bad can it? You've told me great things that humans have done and can still do." Luna argued.

"Oh of course not. They're not all bad. In fact none of them are really "bad". They, like all sentient beings, are capable of both good and evil. Humans truly have done a great many things. They are such an interesting species, I wish I had more time to study them."

"So whats the problem?" Luna asked, hopeful.

"Despite what they've accomplished, there are many aspects of their personality that are definitely undesirable. I have to get him out today or you and Celestia may never see things go back to normal again."

"What do you mean "you and Celestia?" What about you?" She asked.

Time Fire turned around and sighed sadly. "After today, I seriously doubt that I will see much of anything or anyone. I know that I can get in, I'm confident that I can get him back, but I have no idea if i'll be leaving or not."

"Why would you still go?!" Luna started to get. She had only seen her old friend for a little while and now it was possible that she might never see him again.

"I don't want to back to her dungeon. I don't want to be caged, but I have to get him back, I have to. But I can't do it alone, i'll need your help." He said.

"Ask anything." She told him.

"First things first." He said, with more confidence flowing back into voice. "Where is she keeping him?"

"He's tied down in the courtyard, surrounded by dozens of guards."

"Ehh." Time Fire shugged. "Her guards are next to useless, any more important things?" He asked.

"Pegasi hide in the shadows on the roof, waiting to swarm." She explained. "Captain Wall will be there too, as well as some surprises".

"Surprises?" He tilted his head.

"My sister didn't tell me exactly what she had in mind, but it can't be good." She said sadly.

Time Fire chuckled.."Sounds interesting." He lied. "So what about her, will she be there?" He turned serious again.

"If word reaches her that you're there, she will undoubtedly come for you." She said.

"Hmm it gets simple then. " He smiled confidently "We just have to try to do it quickly. And yes I do mean we."

"What do you need me to do?" She eagerly asked.

"Simple, while I'm distracting them, just try to untie him. That's it, but don't get caught, we can't have us both locked up."

"I'll do it!" She said."Is there anything else?" she asked.

"Oh, give this to him too." He took off his rifle from his back and levitated it to Luna. "Now I should get going." He said. Time Fire turned towards the castle and began walking towards it.

"Where are you going?" She shouted after him.

"I'm going to end this." He yelled back.

Luna watched as her friend reached the end of the forest. He disappeared through the trees and Luna looked away.

Goodbye, Time Fire. She thought ,sadly then dissolved into shadow.

*****************

Twilight walked down the hallway in silence. Her saddle bags were full and on her sides. Princess Celestia was also next to her. The two had walked from Twilight's room in silence. It had been awkward, but they were almost to the exit.

"Ha ooff!" They had turned down a corridor and a thin pony with helmet ran into Twilight and they both fell to the ground.

"I'm so sorry!" He helped her up, then turned to Celestia. He was shaking in nervousness "Excuse me, Your Highness, we need you to come outside...its him."

Twilight and Celestia shared a quick glance then ran after the pony down the hall.

After running down a few more hallways they reached the exit to the courtyard. They could feel an increase in heat before they had even gone through it.

When they opened the door they saw a both amazing and horrible sight.

A giant Time Fire, composed of fire and smoke stood at the edge of the forest. He was huge, like someone enlarged him by 300%. The center of the body was white while the edges turned a bright yellow. Most of Captain Wall's guards had their hoofs up to block their eyes from the intense light and heat. The entire courtyard looked wavy from refraction.

"OOmhg mgh!" Garren tried to say something between his gag, but it wasn't coming out as he hoped. He couldn't even see what was behind him.

"Capture him!" Celstia shouted. The huge body of Time Fire gave a roar like a dragon and with that the onslaught began.

The two outer layers of the circle surrounding Garren, 24 ponies, broke off and charged towards him. He leaned back on his hind legs and when they got close enough, he pounded his front legs into the ground. Flames spread out from the impact like a shock wave. It knocked some of the smaller ponies off their feet, but some of the stronger Earth ponies jumped over the fire and continued their charge.

They handed him a barrage of kicks and hits, but they all eventually fell to the ground, hold their burned hooves. Captain Wall looked to the roof and gave a downward motion.

Dozens of pegasi flew from the top of the castle. Some tried to dive down over him, but the hot, rising air from the heat and the heavy smoke prevented them. Some of the smarter ones flew in from the side, but most of them were swatted away by fiery legs.

A few Earth ponies and pegasus ponies teamed up with a plan. The earth ponies held a rope in place, while the pegasi flew the other end around Time Fire. With three pegasi using this method in a few moments, his legs were tied tight.

Celestia smiled and moved forward. "Its over Time F-" She couldn't finish. Time Fire flexed and the ropes burned off. The ponies holding them were pushed back. Smoke filled the entire area. He saw a dark shadow swoop in and head in the direction of Garren.

Time Fire heard the sound of unicorn magic and braced him self as he looked around. A yellow beam of energy came from out of the smoke and hit him. It was powerful, much more so than Twilight's. It propelled him back into a tree and he broke the trunk in half.

Princess Celestia flapped her wings and all the smoke cleared. "Move the special forces in" she said.

Captain Wall motioned towards the castle and the "surprises" Luna talked about came from the exits. Ponies in thick, shiny outfits came out. Time Fire picked himself up. He wasn't as hot and his light wasn't as intense, he was losing power.

He shot a hot fiery blast from his horn at one of the ponies. It hit against the it, but he kept walking towards him. Time Fire strengthened the blast and eventually the pony fell to the ground.

"Flame retardant, just genius, Captain." Celestia said.

The ponies moved closer with thick metal chains. Time Fire had to concentrate all of his power on taking out the suited ponies one by one, but there were just too many. They kept coming from the castle. Captain Wall nodded towards the roof and more pegasi, now with buckets, dropped water on top of him.

Ponies who didn't have suits on cautious moved in. Time Fire had no opportunity to deal with them. He was turning red from the loss of power and the pegasi's water.

They swarmed him. When he couldn't hold back the suited ponies, the other ones jumped on him. Time Fire fell, and the ponies took the opportunity. They wrapped the chains around him and he struggled against them. He rapidly went from red to orange. He was almost out of power.

Princess Celestia and all the remaining guards all moved towards a weakening Time Fire. Captain Wall was the farthest away from him, but he was coming closer too.

"Covver his horn!" He shouted and one of his ponies pulled out a cloth bag. "That way he can't-"

"AHHHH!" Garren shouted. He swung his M110 like a bat and it smashed against the Captian's horn. The pony fell, unconscious to the ground

A pulse of energy sent Garren flying back and sliding across the ground.

"Who let him out?!" Celestia screamed. Twilight, who had been standing in the doorway watching the scene unfold, moved towards Garren with her purple horn charging.

"Nooo!" Time Fire shouted. He shot one last beam of fire toward them. Twilight tried to shoot a blast to stop it, but she was too late. The beam hit her on her side and she flew back and smashed against the hard wall of the castle. She fell into a crumpled heap at the bottom and everything seemed to pause.

The ponies stopped attacking Time Fire and all heads turned to Twilight. There was a brief moment of silence,but Time Fire had different things in mind.

Now! He shouted to himself.

He broke the silence with a white and yellow blast. It stopped in front of Garren and formed into a rift, like a crack through the middle of the open air. He could feel a slight pull urging him towards it.

Garren glanced at Twilight then gave a salute to Time Fire who nodded back. Ponies were starting to snap out of their previous state and were coming for him...but it was too late.

Garren slung his gun around his back and jumped through the portal. In a flash he was gone.

Seeing his task done, Time Fire powered down completely. He went back to his normal size and the chains now loosely fit around him. The remaining guards tied the chains tight and pulled him to his feet.

Princess Celestia ran to check Twilight, then went over to Time Fire. "You are very lucky she's alive." She told him. "If she was was dea-"

"Cut to the chase Celestia. Are you going to put me back in the dungeon?" He asked, sounding very tired.

She smiled warmly at him, but Time Fire knew better."No." She said, "I'm going to put you under it."

She nodded to the guards and they dragged him away. Celestia watch them take him, then went to help the doctors with Twilight.

*****************

Garren felt the familiar, extreme pulling on his arm as he was sucked through the portal again. He felt his body twist and turn until finally he did a front flip and landed on his back on a hard rocky surface.

"Argg!" He shouted. He was so tired and weak he couldn't move his arms or legs. He moved neck and looked around. No talking ponies, no super bright colors, It had to be Earth.

He laughed and a good satisfying laugh before he finally went silent.

Nine Hours Later...

"I think I found some thing something over here!" A rough voice said. Garren heard many pairs of boots hitting the ground coming towards him.

"God Damn it, Its him." A very familiar voice said. "Check him." Garren could feel fingers on his neck.

"I've got a pulse!" A female voice said.

"Thank god." The familiar voice said in relief. "Lets get him to the MEDEVAC! lets move!"

He felt his body being lifted up and placed on something. He was hoisted into the air and started moving forward. After a couple minutes of being carried, he could hear the sound of a powerful engine and air being chopped and beaten. It was a helicopter.

Garren's eyes peeled open and he looked around. The sun was bright and in the middle of the sky. He looked to his left and saw a man carrying one end of the stretcher he was on. He turned to his right and same the familiar face.

"Da...Daniel?" He asked using his strength.

Daniel turned and smiled at him as he placed the stretcher on the HH-60M.

"I got you, Tyler. Its going to be okay." He smiled at his friend "Everything's going to be okay."

End