• Published 26th May 2012
  • 6,566 Views, 137 Comments

Sniper in Equestria - no sh*t sherlock



Sniper goes through a portal and ends up in Equestria

  • ...
16
 137
 6,566

Chapter 3

Chapter 3


Princess Celestia paced quickly throughout her chambers. She didn't mentally feel right about what had happened in the room with the human. She had purposefully injured him, and not because he didn't give his name. She expected that he wouldn't give much about himself. She had hurt him because she blamed him for killing and hurting her ponies. She wanted to cause him some of the pain that he had done to them. She didn't know what to call this new feeling, but she knew it could be dangerous. She had nearly pulled the human's arms from their sockets.
She would have succeeded, but Captain Wall luckily stopped her before things got really messy.

She couldn't help but admit to herself that he deserved it after what he'd done. She quickly shook her head. Enough of these thoughts she said to herself. The only thing harming the human had achieved was further bad relations with Equestria's new creature. Most of the short questioning had been a failure, although she was able to secure one very valuable piece of information.

The princess went over to her door, opened it and talked to one of the ponies guarding outside.

"One of you please find Twilight Sparkle and bring her to me".

The guards looked at each other, both staying still.

"NOW...please"

One of the guards was slightly bigger than the other and he stared hard at the other. The smaller grunted and took of down the hallway.

The remaining guard stood uneasily in his position. Celestia took notice of this.

"Are you alright?"

"I'm fine" He assured "Are you?"

"What did you say?" His response took her by surprise.

"Nothing" he said waving a hoof.

Princess Celestia let it slide and went back into her room. She tapped her hoof impatiently even though it didn't take Twilight very long to reach her. She opened the door with a wide smile on her face. Even though this would not be a good visit, Celestia still cracked a smile. She knew Twilight still wanted a chance to study the human up close. Much to her dismay she she would never give her the chance.

"Yes, your Highness?" she said cheerfully. She still had her saddle bags on and they were filled with books.

"Twilight"

"Yes, is this about the human?" Twilight asked excited, still in her good mood.

"What were you and Rarity doing in the Everfree forest?"Celestia asked, ignoring Twilight's question.

Twilight's smile faded and was replaced by a look of sadness and guilt.

"I was...practicing a spell and I needed another unicorn with me to help." she started to cry. "She didn't even want to come, but i wouldn't leave her alone about it."

"Oh, Twilight." Celestia tried to calm her down. "It wasn't your fault. You had no way of know that she would get hurt like that."

"Yeah, you're right"she sniffled."We were so lucky you were there to save her. Thank you so much."she said starting to tear up again.

"Yes, of course, your welcome." Celestia said quickly, trying to get back in the direction she wanted. "Twilight I have ask.."

"Yes?" she asked still sniffling.

"What spell were you practicing?" Princess Celestia already knew the answer, but she wanted Twilight to tell her the truth.

Twilight's face seemed to get real small and she started to sweat and shake. "Well I..I uh...uh...I don't...exactly know what its called." she finished with a nervous smile.

"But you do know what it does, right?

"Well...it may...possibly open up...portals"

Celestia leaned in close to her student. "Now how did you learn to produce a portal?"

Twilight looked down and sighed. "I found notes.'

"Where, WHERE?" she asked, her voice urgent.

"In certain books in the Starswirl the Bearded wing of the Canterlot Archives."

"Do you still have any of them?"

Twilight's magic pulled a small, folded up piece of yellow parchment from her saddle bag and levitated over to her Mentor. "This is the only one I have with me"

Celestia unfolded it and held it to her face.

Dear Reader,

If you have picked up this book purposefully then you have come for a history lesson on the seemingly great Starswirl the bearded. I assure you that what I have to offer is much better than anything in this wing. Scattered throughout this section are more short notes. If you can find them, you'll find a spell so powerful that at this time only I am able to conjure. So, if you think you are strong and determined enough, I urge you to try and pursue this spell. It can open the door to new worlds.

Good luck to you,

TF

**********

"You're a student of hers?!" Garren demanded.

"I was, meaning I'm not anymore. You see, because "was" is past tense, which means it was before the present, which is now". Time Fire said, giving a small grin.

"Yeah you're a real fucking wise-ass, now get the hell away from me." Garren pushed away from the barrier.

"Whats your problem? I'm trying to help you! I can get yo-" Time Fire couldn't finish.

"You're still connected to her! Was this just to get more information from me?

"What?! NO. You're thinking out of anger, think rationally for minute."

"Stop talking talking to me" Garren turned away, taking off his jacket.

"Wait! I can..." Time fire stopped. Garren had rolled up his jacket and laid with it under his head.

The Unicorn Sighed. It would be harder than he thought to get the human on his side.

A few hours later...

Garren awoke to a room so dark he couldn't tell if his eyelids had actually opened. He shook his head and slowly he could could make out outlines of objects. He moved slowly over to the the open space, a small blue wave went out from the barrier, lighting up a small area. Garren backed up and rammed into the barrier sending lots of blue waves around both barriers. He took the chance to look around. He could see Time Fire was still asleep on his side of the wall. He looked on his own side and saw a small bowl of water. As he went over to it he thought something could've been put in it. Garren considered not drinking it, but he hadn't had anything to drink since he was in resting in the attic of that tree house.

The water was cool and refreshing and after not having any for a day and a half, it was much needed. He only wished the bowl was bigger. He internally sighed as he slumped down with his back against the barrier. The constant contact gave steady patterns of light. He admired the patterns as they moved across the floor. It reminded him of of how light looks at the bottom of a pool. He was about to close his eyes when the pattern changed to something much faster. He looked behind him and saw that Time Fire was now awake and leaning against the the wall too.

Garren considered moving, but ruled against it. Maybe the pony was just another prisoner and if he was still willing to help, Garren would need it.

For a while neither of them spoke. Garren's eyes were about to close again when the pony finally chose to speak up.

"Look, um...I know you think I still have ties to Celestia, but believe me when I say that I am no longer loyal to her."

Garren didn't say anything, but moved himself in a more attentive position.

Time Fire took notice and continued. "I know that we could both benefit from working together. No doubt you're looking to get of here. Thats something we have in common, but you're going to have to trust me. Can you do that?"

Garren was stuck for a moment. How could he trust this pony, he only knew so much about him. He knew had to find some way out, but he wasn't sure if putting his trust in this pony was the right move. On the other hand the pony had been here longer than him and might have key information for any kind of escape. He thought it over and decided he'd trust pony, so long as things stayed beneficial for him.

"Ok, I'll trust you"

"Good" Time Fire said, sounding satisfied. "Cause I've got the way out."

***************


Princess Celestia folded up the note and turned her back to Twilight. Twilight moved around to her side to try to see her face.

"Princess?"

"He was...He was." She said shakily. Her horn lit brighter and the top right corner of the note started smoking. After a moment it lit up with fire, it slowly burned and shriveled. Celestia opened her window and the ashes were caught by the wind.

She turned back to Twilight. "He was just giving the spell away. It was actually lucky that you found the notes and not some other pony."

"Soooo its a good thing right?" She asked hopefully.

"No, its not. You should not have done that spell, Twilight."

"I'm sorry" she said with her head down.

Celestia sighed "Well its in the past and sadly, we cant't change what happened. But..."

Twilight eyes widened, a silent way of say "continue".

"Knowing about these notes, I can't let you or anypony back in that wing."

"Wha...what?"

"Its only until I find the rest of these notes, I have to make sure no one else finds these."

"Bu...But this is just... Its not fair!

Celestia raised an eyebrow at her students rising voice.

"I didn't expect you to take it easily, but I do expect you to obey my order."

Twilight said nothing, but the look on her face said it all. It was a look of sadness, anger and confusion.

"Yes, your highness."

She mumbled some unpleasant words as she left the room, slamming the doors behind her.

"Its affecting everypony." The Princess said sadly out loud.

**************

Garren was anxious to hear to hear Time Fires plan. He had hardly gotten started when the guards came through the door. They said nothing to the pony or the human, but one had used his horn to make a small break in the barrier. He had refilled both of their bowls of water, lit various candles around the room and thrown something to Garren. It was a small piece of cloth, wrapped into a tight ball.

After that all of them left except one. For about two hours he milled about doing meaningless tasks to waste time. Garren kept looking back between Time Fire and the guard, wondering when his time watching watching them would be over. To waste some time he tried unraveling the cloth and he DID waste time. He could not get it open, it was too tight and he needed something sharp to slice it open.

Thats when he remembered something. A smile grew across Garren's face, the ponies hadn't searched him well enough. He looked down at his right leg and his smile grew wider. His hand reached down and touched the side of his lower right leg. He leaned against the barrier and rested his hands behind his head, he now had a much higher chance of escaping because, still strapped to his leg, was his 7.5in combat knife.

When the guard finally left, Garren brought out his knife as soon as the door was closed. It he looked at it for a moment. It had a black blade that was finished with something that didn't shine. The top slightly curved downward near the end of blade. It had a great grip, he felt as if he could never drop it.

He sliced the cloth open to find his identification tags, or as he and every else called them, his dog tags. Beneath them he found a small note.

Wouldn't it have been easier just to have told us?!

Garren chuckled at the note and proceeded to cut it to shreds.

"Soooo, your names Tyler?"

Garren got up startled. He sliced at the barrier and effect made was that of a speed boat cutting through water.

"You weren't supposed see that." He said, holding up the knife to the pony.

"Oooo, good job. Thats bound to come in handy. Anyway, I've been waiting too long already, here's the plan."

*****************

Princess Celestia combed through Starswirl the Bearded's section of the Canterlot archives. She had the entire section blocked off as well as some of the wings that were nearest to it. She had to find the rest of the notes. It was bad enough that Twilight found instructions on how to conjure a portal. She only knew one other spell powerful enough that "TF" would leave behind. If anypony found that spell, it would not be good.

However, in her searching, she could only find worthless notes that either trashed her or denounced Canterlot. She began to get frustrated, this was getting her nowhere. She considered that there may not be any other notes than these. She was still thinking when Captain Wall tapped on the barrier. She let him in and smiled slightly.

"Captain, you're just in time to help me." She said

He looked around at the mess of books all over the floor. "Oh...well...I...um."

She laughed and shook her head "Relax Captain it was just a joke."

"Oh, well I have with a message. Its him. He says he has valuable information about the human, but he wants to meet...outside his cell. He made it imperative that we talk in the same room as we did the human."

Celestia's smile melted away. The thought of her old student brought back bad memories.

"I do not like this, Time Fire is an opportunist and a liar . He would never do this if he didn't have something else in mind. But If he does have something to share on the human, we desperately need it."

"He has asked for nothing, just that it be in the same room. As long as we keep tight security, I can not foresee any problems. And if he is lying then we just send him back to his cell"

"I trust your judgement, Captain. But make sure your security is tight. Triple the number of guards in and around that room, reinforce all the walls, put a magic barrier in the room and any other security measures you can think of."

"Yes, your higness. When will we go for him?"

"Give me...three days. Then we'll pull him out."

"Very well." With that Captain Wall left and Celestia quit searching.

Knowing that she would be talking with her old prodigy soon, she would not need to look for his notes.

**************

Captain Wall came through the door and Time Fire looked up and smiled at him.

"So how'd it go" He asked with a chipper voice.

"You'll have your audience in three day. No funny business or I assure you, I will beat it out of you."

"Oh I'm you sure will, Captain. Thank you for being a wonderful messenger."

Captain Wall gave him an evil look then left.

As soon as he left, Time Fire started laughing. "Oh these idiots" he chuckled

Garren was less than amused. "If you give them anything about me, I swear I'll-"

"Relax Tyler. Can I call you Tyler?" He interrupted quickly.

"No"

"Ok. well relax Garren, I'll never make it to that room."

Garren raised an eyebrow.

"Oh come on now, you've never heard of a diversion? This was just to draw some of the security away from the corridors and exits." He said with an impatient tone.


"Ok lets go through this again. Every six months half of the guards are switched with new recruits who just received their cutie marks. Now these guys are just amatuers, but there will still be some of the seasoned pros."

"Ok, keep going" Garren nodded, not bothering to ask what a "cutie mark" is.

"When they come to get me, I'll do my little trick and when they're recovering I'll let you out and we put them in the cells. That door is soundproof so no one will hear them or us. After that we move to finding your weapons. I have a pretty good idea of where they're be, but nothing is certain. Did you come here with like a pack or a bag or something?"

"I had a bag" he answered.

"What do you NEED from it?"

"Just my night optic, couple rounds of ammunition and my water bottle."

"Good, we'll need to move quickly so the less the better. After a while they'll send someone down to see whats taking so long. I'd say maybe eight or nine minutes before that happens. Now how fast can you run with your gun?"

"Its about 15lbs, soooo pretty fast I'd say. Just a little less than my sprinting speed."

"Ok, because as soon as they figure out we're out, we're going to have to run. They'll send dozens of soldiers for us, but they're not the real problem. When we get into the forest, the real problem will be only three ponies.

"Only three?"

Yup, just three, but don't underestimate them. First there's Applejack. That's the pony that gave you that." He said pointing to the mark on Garren's forehead. "I've never seen a pony run so fast for such long distances. Plus shes got a mean kick, wouldn't you agree?"

"Ha" he said not amused.

"Next there's Rainbow Dash. This Is without a doubt the fastest pegasus alive. Shes capable of not only breaking the sound barrier, but going much far beyond that. So if she sees you, its all over. Luckily shes easy to spot in the sky, with her rainbow colored mane and tail, so we could easily hide from her.

"I've think I've seen her before."He said thinking back.

"Its very possible, she really hard to miss." Anyway, lastly there's Twilight Sparkle. While shes not very athletic, she is a very powerful unicorn, more so than she realizes I think. Shes also very smart, the other two will most likely follow her. You have her to thank for you being here."

"That purple rift was her?"

"Yeah, its called a portal. Only her and I are capable of opening them. But unfortunately they give of a lot of energy and Celestia can easily track them. That is why we have to get far away from here. So I don't get caught."

"I see. Now you're sure you can get me back to Earth?"

"100 percent. Now you should try to get some rest, Garren. You're going to need it."

End Chapter 3






Ok another one down. he still hasn't gotten to get his guns back, but he will and there will actually be sniping in "Sniper In Equestria." Hope this didn't take to long for you, Im trying to get them out quicker. dont forget to like :)