• Published 31st Jul 2015
  • 276 Views, 1 Comments

A Wild Heart - LolianTriforce



On their next adventure into the jungle, Ornate and Sombra discover a long lost city and someone's origin is discovered.

  • ...
 1
 276

Chapter 2

Everything started to become comprehensible to Ornate as she was lying on a plush bed with silk sheets. She was immediately led into the castle and brought to her own room. It was all still a haze. Was it her mother? She couldn’t know for sure. She wondered if Sombra….

She quickly sat up. She didn’t see Sombra enter the castle. Where did they take him? Her heart beat wildly as she stood up and ran out of her room. She didn’t get far. She was stopped by guards who stood on either side of her bedroom door.

Startled, she jumped back and looked at the guards. They wore dark face paint and their blank stares penetrated her soul. The light zebra ran out of a nearby room and approached them.

“What seems to be the trouble, m’lady?” he asked nervously.

“My friend,” Ornate began, “the unicorn, where is he?”

His face went pale. The dark zebra approached them and glared at the light zebra. He looked at Ornate with a devilish look. He bowed slightly and closed his eyes.

“I am Shadow Ire,” he introduced himself. “This is my servant, Rare Aura.”

Shivers ran up Ornate’s spine as Shadow Ire spoke. His dark, husky tones were somber and sleek.

“Your friend,” Aura interrupted, “is in another room. For now, just go and lie down. You were very pale when we brought you here.”

Ornate couldn’t tell if they were telling the truth or not. She snorted and dug her hoof into the ground a couple of times.

“Take me to him,” she ordered.

Aura’s eyes went wide. Shadow glared at her. She froze. His eyes began to swirl red and sent Ornate into a hypnotic state. Her eyes became dull as she walked back into her room.

Shadow turned to the guards and growled an order. The guards tensed up and slightly nodded. Shadow was pleased. He then turned his attention to Aura, who froze in fear.

“Make sure she never leaves her room,” he said in a hushed voice. “If I am to be king, I will have to marry into the royal line.”

Aura nodded a little, and watched Shadow walk away.

***

Sombra woke up on the floor of a prison. His groggy state started to wear off and the pain of being hit on the head was taking its place. He couldn’t remember much after finding out Ornate was a descendant of royalty from this messed up place.

Slowly rising to his hoofs, he inspected his prison. It was made of the same material the rest of the place was made of. The door was steel with steel bars covering the only window in the wall. It was night time. But where was Ornate?

Sombra looked up at his horn. He didn’t use magic too often, but it was certainly handy. Summoning up enough magic, his horn began to glow black and he teleported himself outside the city. He was thankful that the zebras didn’t take away his magic.

He found himself half a mile away from the city. It was a safe enough distance that they wouldn’t find him too soon. He noticed a big castle in the middle of the city. That must be where they took her.

“But how to get in?” he mumbled to himself.

“That is the whole challenge,” a voice from behind threatened.

Sombra looked back to see a large yellow pegasus with purple tipped wings and a black mane and tail. His red eyes gleamed in the moonlight. He wore a purple crown with a ruby in the middle along with a purple pendant and hoof covers. He sneered at Sombra.

“Might as well go home,” he chimed. “Those zebras are very protective about their belongings.”

Sombra growled and dug his hoof into the ground. The yellow pegasus raised an eyebrow at him, taunting him with the smirk of pure delight. Sombra charged towards him, only to have him knocked backwards by an invisible force. Stumbling, Sombra tried to figure out what had happened.

The yellow pegasus walked over to him. His red eyes began to swirl and they locked eye contact.

“Ornate is no longer your concern,” he began. “Just leave and tell the others she is no more.”

Sombra started to sway a little with a blank stare, but quickly shook it off.

“I’m not leaving without her,” he persisted.

The yellow pegasus was in shock. He shook his head and growled.

“You can try to break in and get her,” he started, “But your efforts will be in vain.”

Sombra’s horn glowed again and his appearance changed. He looked more like a zebra. His gray stripes over his new green coat were sleek. His horn disappeared, but it was merely invisible. He teleported into the shadows of a dark corner of the castle, quickly trotting to Ornate’s room. Walking into her room, he noticed her lying on the bed with a blank stare. He quickly ran over to her and hugged her. She remained limp and lifeless.

“Ornate,” he said, choking back tears, “It’s me, Sombra.”

There was still no life to her.

Sombra had no choice. Holding her close to him, he teleported to the Canterlot castle in front of the throne. Celestia was sitting on her throne working on paperwork. The teleportation had startled her and looked at them. Sombra turned to his normal state with tears streaming down his face.

Celestia was quick to his side and examined Ornate. Her eyes were wide with fright.

“Whoever casted this spell is very powerful,” she whispered.

Sombra looked at Celestia.

“Please,” he cried. “Help her. There has to be something we can do.”

Celestia looked doubtful at Sombra. She quickly led Sombra to the hospital wing; they didn’t notice a dark purple pegasus with demon wings and fluorescent green hair flee from one of the windows into the night.