• Published 2nd Aug 2015
  • 1,369 Views, 33 Comments

The Pokemon King of Griffinstone - Cookie_Girl



Twilight is told the story of how a very strange man from the pokemon earth became the king of Griffinstone.

  • ...
17
 33
 1,369

Introducing part 2

Christopher finished answering another of Bio Chem's many questions. He was very patient with the science pony, and even elaborated on a few subjects that he had not actually asked about. As a result they were standing there for quite a few minutes with the other ponies just waiting. Twilight was okay with that as she got to learn about a species of pokemon that she had not seen before, Pinkie Pie kept getting bored and then finding little things to amuse herself like the paper airplanes she was currently throwing at Blueblood. The prince however had lost his patience with everyone.

"Oh for the love of Auntie Celestia!" Blueblood yelled. He took Bio Chem by the shoulders and shook him. "Stop asking so many questions! If you ask one more question so help me I'll introduce you to that Muk pokemon that hugged me!"

Christopher winced at that. Getting hugged by a Muk was probably the worst possible nonviolent thing that could happen to a royal.

"Ahem, right well as much as I would like to continue with the questions myself, Blueblood has a bit of a point." Twilight pointed out. "We aren't here to learn about you Christopher, no offense, but we are here to meet the king."

"Yeah, if this were a story that someone was writing we would have been here for like a whole chapter, well more like part of a chapter." Pinkie said to everyone causing them much confusion.

"Uh, okay then." Twilight decided to just accept it because it was Pinkie. "Will the king be out soon?"

"He should be. He just had a small civil matter to settle for a couple of griffins." Christopher assured them.

After he said that a big male griffin ran through the throne room yelling about a she-demon, and quickly ran out the main door. From where he had come there came the sound of hoof steps. A doorway to the left of the throne seemed to grow darker than the rest of the room as a bat pony stepped out of it. She had the usual slitted eyes of her kind colored orange, silvery hair that flowed freely for an elegantly chaotic mane and tail style, and her coat was the same midnight black as Nightmare Moon's.

"The king will see you now." she told the other ponies, her voice was a bit growly but still the voice of a young mare. When she trotted away from the door and moved across the room to stand beside the throne, the shadows moved with her. Using her wings she took out a notepad and a writing quill. "Who is visiting and what is there purpose?"

"Finally!" Blueblood exclaimed. "Do you have any idea how long we have been waiting out here? What was so important that your king wouldn't come to see visiting royalty?"

The bat pony mare just looked at him with an eyebrow raised. "I'm sorry. Now please state your name and purpose."

Twilight spoke up before Blueblood could. "I am Princess Twilight Sparkle of Equestria and this is Prince Blueblood of Equestria. We and our friends are here to welcome the new king of Griffinstone to Equus and to check out how much has changed."

The bat pony mare just looked at her with her eyebrow raised again before speaking. "Let me save you some time and trouble with your investigation Princess Twilight Sparkle. Griffinstone was left to its own devices for centuries, longer actually. Neither Equestria, which Griffinstone is supposed to be a part of, nor Griffinheim the ancestral home of the Griffin people ever gave any kind of assistance or aid when this place was at its loest. The King has, in one month mind you, done more for the folks here than anyone of you Canterlot nobles. The broken down library has been rebuilt and will eventually serve as a schoolhouse when there are enough children. The chasm that no-one can fly across now has tunnel bridges built across to let us walk to the other side without falling in. There is a bucking grove of trees growing nearby that will start providing fresh fruit next year, for free. So I'm sure you can go back to Princess Celestia and tell her that we are just fine with our king."

When Twilight didn't respond right away the bat pony waved a hoof in front of her face. "Uhh, are you okay?"

"B-broken down library... The books..." Twilight tilted slightly to her right side. She would have fell if a pink hoof had not stopped her.

"Now why did you go and do that for? She's broke." said Pinkie Pie as she propped up her friend.


After a few minutes, and a splash of water to the face, Twilight was better and ready to continue with the meeting. "I don't know what happened to me. I mean yeah a broken down library is a terrible thing, but it isn't bad enough to make my brain break."

"That was my fault." said the bat pony mare. The other ponies all looked at her in confusion so she elaborated. "My name is Scary Story, resident bat pony, though I prefer thestral, of Griffinstone. If you take a look at my cutie mark..." she pointed at her flank. "...you will see that it is a lit candle with the wax dripping down into the shape of a pony skull." They got a good look at her cutie mark, although Pinkie thought a different word than cute should be used, and shivered a little bit. "I was gifted with a talent in fear, and can do things like manipulate shadows and generate an aura of fear. That last one is what got to you when I mentioned the broken down library. ...you aren't going to break again are you?"

"Ah...no I'm good. Not breaking." Twilight said sheepishly and tapped her head to prove it. "So, getting back on track. Is the king ready to see us?"

Scary Story sighed. "I don't know. He just sent me out here to annoy you for a few minutes."

"You mean you have been keeping us here for the sake of your own amusement!" Blueblood yelled and stomped up to her. "If you think that I will stand for this insult you are wrong! Do you hear me you little wench? Now if it isn't your job to go find the king then go find whoever's job it is!"

"... Well you're right about one thing." Scary Story said in a much different voice than she had been talking with before. The now demonic sounding voice filled Prince Blueblood's ears. "I am not a messenger, and it is not my job to go find anything for you. I am a trusted member of His Royal Highness' personal guard."

As the thestral's fear magic touched the air the shadows around her began to come to life. Blueblood was smart enough to take a few steps back from her. "Meep..." he said.

The others in the room backed away from her as well, in a different direction from Blueblood. Twilight wanted to step in and prevent Celestia's nephew from being mauled or possibly killed but... Scary Story reached a wing behind her back and pulled out an ax. ...Twilight decided to stay out of it.

The thestral stalked towards Prince Blueblood. "Now what was that word you called me?" she asked while smiling widely. "I believe that it started with a W."

Author's Note:

Oh come on! Two chapters, well technically anyway, and still no king? Why are you tormenting me in this way!?

Sorry Pinkie, it's called build-up. Trust me.

I imagine Scary Story having the voice of a character from the Teen Titans. Let's hope I don't have to explain who.