• Published 27th Jun 2012
  • 2,132 Views, 51 Comments

Gods, Chaos, And A Teenager - BraxAttacks



A higher power gets bored and sends a random teenager into Equestria for no real reason.

  • ...
4
 51
 2,132

This is the Fourth One

Never before had an awkward moment such as this find its way into Braxton's life. He was far from the suavest of the suave, but this was a level of awkward far beyond being the third wheel in a conversation. In fact, it felt so awkward that to him, it transcended levels and was simply "really awkward."

"So, uh... nice weather?" he joked lamely, completely unaware of what the weather was like. For all he knew, there could be three feet of snow outside.

Applejack swallowed nervously. "So, this is the surprise, then?"

Braxton nodded slowly, scratching the back of his head. Seconds passed that felt like hours each, and nobody spoke. A silence that almost seemed solid filled the room as all eyes were either on Braxton or in the distance.

That is, until Pinkie dramatically gestured at him like the curtain had been pulled away. "Ta da~!"

Applejack shook her head as if she were coming out of a trance. "What exactly is it? Don't look like nothin' I ever seen before," she asked Twilight, as if Braxton wasn't a few feet away.

He tried to draw the farm pony's attention by waving his hands. "I exist, you know!"

Choosing to ignore him, Applejack whispered, "How did it get here?"

Twilight was about to answer, when Pinkie beat her to the draw. "He fell from the sky, silly! Everypony knows aliens come from the sky! This is basic knowledge, Applejack," she explained with disappointment in her voice. Then she flopped onto the bed next to Braxton and started rolling on it.

Shrugging, Braxton turned to everypony else. "Life at its most logical."

She glanced at him. "What? This thing is comfy."

Applejack fixed Braxton with an unamused glare. "Ah think I'd like to get a bit better explanation than Pinkie's."

Getting the hint, Braxton cleared his throat. "Um, I fell from the sky, I guess?"

Applejack smacked herself in the face.

"Alright, I guess I can maaaybe do a bit better than that. Anyways, this is all I know..."


"...And then Emperor Spock just said 'screw it' and kicked him into the Cthulhu pit," said Braxton, wrapping up his explanation. Pinkie applauded.

Twilight, on the other hoof, was far from entertained. "What in Celestia's name are you blathering about!? That had absolutely nothing to do with anything!" she yelled.

Rainbow Dash tried to hold back her laughter. "I think that was a great explanation Twilight. I don't think it could any more sense than that!"

Smiling, Braxton started over. "Okay, I know you might be shocked, but that didn't really happen. To be honest, I have no clue how I got here. One minute, I was minding my own business, and the next I wake up in a weird room, then I'm here. Fluttershy knows as much as I do!"

Heads turned expectantly towards the Pegasus, who had so far said little to nothing. She shied away from all of their gazes, obviously uncomfortable with the attention she was getting. "I-I saw him falling through some clouds, and I went to rescue him b-because he fell into the Everfree F-Forest and I thought he was a Pegasus," she said, getting quieter every word she spoke.

Twilight pondered the information. Nopony had any clue why or how this alien had suddenly appeared in Equestria, even the creature itself. Any theories she had were vague explanations, because as far as she knew, no aliens had visited Equestria before. At least I can study his species in depth, though that will have to wait until later.

As everypony pondered, Twilight remembered something. "Wait, you still haven't told us how you knew our names!"

Eyebrows were raised at Braxton. He looked reluctant under their questioning gazes, as if he were confessing to a crime. Applejack grew impatient as the silence stretched on, and on, and on...

"Get on with it!" She stamped her hoof in annoyance.

Braxton took deep breathes, calming himself. The best case scenario was that they assumed he was insane, and the worst case scenario was that they all reflected on the falseness of their lives and became depressed. This was going to be fun for everyone, he could tell already.

He couldn't just leave them in the dark, especially since they were suspicus already. Who wouldn't be, when something falls from the sky and just knows the names of everypony already. Heck, Twilight probably thought he was some sort of extra terrestrial stalker.

Because everybody assumes that, he mentally berated himself. He was getting off track and had let yet another silence enter the room. This needed to be done before he somehow convinced himself that he shouldn't do it.

"Do you want the short version or the long version?" he asked, still hoping to avoid going into detail at the very least.

"Everything," Twilight said, hungry for knowledge.

Braxton sighed. Looks like this was the big moment. Here goes nothing...

"Well, in my world, there's this thing called TV. Do you guys have that?" Everypony shook their heads. "Well, it's a box with a glass screen on the front that a moving image is projected onto. Shows get displayed on it, like plays sort of. There was one show that tons of people watched, called..." Despite himself, he paused unnecessarily for dramatic effect. "...My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. The main characters of the show were Twilight Sparkle, Pinkie Pie, Rarity, Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, and Applejack."

Everypony was stunned into a shocked silence. Nopony moved or made a sound. They just stood there as they tried to digest that information. They were just some sort of... entertainment on the alien's planet? That was how he knew about them? A glass-screened box was the reason this alien knew their names.

For some reason that he could not explain in the slightest, Braxton continued. "The show was about the adventures of these six mares, focusing on the friendship lessons that Twilight Sparkle learned after them. Defeating Nightmare Moon, the dragon, an obnoxious show-mare, a hydra, a cockatrice, solving the buffalo problems in Appleoosa, The Grand Galloping Gala, sealing Discord away, the-"

His rant was cut off by a hoof that was set on his shoulder. He turned to see Pinkie Pie looking at him with a reassuring smile. Inwardly, he breathed a sigh of relief. At least one pony wasn't freaking out.

"Did they write me well?" she asked with a straight face.

For a moment, he didn't comprehend what she said... Then he fell onto the bed laughing like a maniac. Tears were streaming down his face as all of the stress that had slowly built up was released by one little sentence, albeit a hilarious one.

He tried with little success to talk. "T-That was... the best... thing... ever."

Pinkie looked confused, and glanced at her friends for support. "Why's he laughing? That wasn't a joke."

Rainbow Dash blinked suddenly, and looked around. "I just remembered that Rarity is still unconscious."

Braxton started laughing harder.

Frowning, Rainbow Dash flared her wings and glared and him. "Hey! That's not funny!"

"I'm sorry, I just, my brain... it doesn't even...." He tried to finish his thought, but quickly succumbed to his laughter again.

Twilight, as unamused as Rainbow Dash was about the constant and uncontrolled laughter was coming from Braxton, lifted the unconscious Rarity with her magic and started down the stairs. "I'm going to go write a letter to the princess. She needs to see you for herself," she said as she descended.

Finally gaining control of himself, Braxton sat up again. "Oh man, I hope she doesn't decide to shoot me with a laser from her horn or something," he said jokingly." that would really suck."


Celestia loved it when things actually went like they were supposed to in her court. On any given day that she could remember, there was at least one pony who decided that her court would be just the best place for a rant about something or other that didn't affect anypony besides themselves; and usually went on for a good hour. For appearances sake, she had to nod at their ideas and act like she was listening. Fun.

Today, however, was completely rant free as of yet, and she was about to close court for lunch. While she didn't actually require food - being an alicorn and whatnot - it still gave her energy and tasted good. Plus, it had the amazing benefit of making ponies fat if you ate too much. Sometimes she wished there was such a thing as healthy cake. Everything would seem a little bit better with healthy cake.

Before she could do anything that had to do with cake, she had to finish court.

It was something about donating to an art museum that he was opening. She agreed, signing the papers he presented.

The stallion bowed as he backed away towards the large doorway that lead out of the court. "Thank you, your majesty."

As soon as he was gone, her regal posture was replaced with a much more relaxed one. Lighting her horn, Celestia removed her royal garments, cracking her neck. It's the little things in life, she thought happily.

Charging more magic to her horn, she teleported right outside her personal chambers. By now, the guard that stood watch outside didn't even blink at the sudden flash of light in his face. Celestia turned to him. "Would you kindly tell the chef to bring the usual lunch to my chambers?"

The guard nodded stiffly and quickly trotted down the hall in the direction of the kitchen. Celestia went inside and immediately flopped onto the large and plush purple cushion that sat behind her desk. For a moment, she simply enjoyed the feeling of looking as un-regal as possible. She closed her eyes and almost fell asleep when a pop above her head brought her to attention.

Yawning silently, Celestia glanced at the letter that was suddenly sitting on the middle of her desk. Smiling, she opened it, glad to see that Twilight had learned yet another friendship lesson. She remembered back to when she sent the letter instructing the unicorn to go to Ponyvillie and make friends. A tiny part of her had doubted that Twilight could do it. There was only so much actual interaction one could partake in as the protegee student of Celestia herself.

If Nightmare moon hadn't made herself known in Ponyvillie, she realized, Twilight might not have bonded with the other Elements of Harmony. Chuckling inwardly at the strangeness of that thought, she lifted Twilight's letter to her face, opened it, and began to read. She immediately knew something was off, because it was much shorter than any letter she had gotten from Twilight before. There were only a few sentences, and if the alicorn was reading them right, strange things were happening indeed.

Dear Princess Celestia,

Please hurry to Ponyvillie. Fluttershy has found a possible alien life form in the Everfree Forest, and I believe you may be able to shed some light on the matter.

P.S: It has a weird sense of humor.

Reading over the letter a few more times, she sighed. Of course this comes up right before lunch and relaxation. Charging up her horn with another teleportation spell, Celestia decided to go the very fast route and appear at Fluttershy's front door. Hopefully, this was just some sort of misunderstanding. If not, then there was a whole new race to share the world with. That could complicate this some.

Celestia cast the spell, disappearing from the room instantly. As soon as the light was gone, the door cracked open. "Your meal has arrived, Celestia, come and get... it?" The chef trailed off as he realized the room was entirely devoid of the princess.

Irritated, he muttered under his breath. "She always does this on Wednesday..."


A/N: Welp, I got off my lazy bum and wrote some more. Yay me.

I actually really like how the Celestia section turned out. I managed to write the whole thing in one day, which in and of itself is impressive considering my ability to work for more than an hour straight. I think I did a pretty good job too. At least, I hope I did. Maybe I'm just delusional. Anyways, enjoy, and if you see any grammar failings I made, point them out.