• Published 6th Aug 2015
  • 2,010 Views, 20 Comments

Dark Butterfly - Questionable Brony



Fluttershy is Sombra's daughter. Go figure, huh?

  • ...
2
 20
 2,010

Just another kitten

Author's Note:

Nghn, wanted to make it longer, but that's all I could muster.

"Princess Celestia!" Twilight exclaimed, surprised to see her mentor sitting with her brother at the dining table.

"Twilight Sparkle" the two gave each other a quick hug "I'm so glad to see that you're alright." Celestia said, smiling down at her student. "I'm very proud of all of you. Especially Spike."

"You're...proud of me? But princess! I failed. I didn't manage to defeat Sombra on my own, I needed to ask my friends for help."

Celestia chuckled. "And that's exactly it."

"Huh?"

"Twilight, I wanted to see if you could go against my orders, when the situation calls for it. I'm anything but perfect, my faithful student. You should already know this by now."

Twilight for her part looked up at her mentor and wasn't really sure what to be more mortified for: the fact that Trollestia had been at it again or the fact that her mentor told her to disregard the image of the perfect sun princess the unicorn had in her head. She didn't get very far with that train of thought, as her friends minus Fluttershy entered the dining hall. They all immediately bowed towards the sun deity, who told them to rise and join her at the table.

"Isn't Fluttershy joining us today? And where is Spike?" Celestia asked.

"I'm terribly sorry princess, but the poor dear did not sleep very well last night." Rarity explained. "She said she had a little too many sugary treats."

"About Spike, he's also asleep, though more due to exhaustion." Twilight explained.

Celestia chuckled. "I see. Well, I guess we should let them have their rests. In any event, I hope you enjoy the rest of your stay in the Crystal Empire."

"Oh, I can't wait to see the more artistic side of the empire." Rarity exclaimed.

"Ah for one wanna try ta make some cake out of those crystal berries." Applejack said, before stuffing a slice of bread down her throat.

"I'll definitely check out the library. Imagine all those old tomes, forgotten magic, history, just waiting to be rediscovered." Twilight happily proclaimed.

"Eh, don't really have anything I wanna do." Rainbow Dash shrugged. "Although I might as well show the crystal ponies how a modern air show looks like."

"I'm sure they will appreciate it." Celestia smiled.

Shining Armor at this moment stood up from the table. "I think I'm going to look after Cadance. We'll have a lot to do in the near future."

"See you later BBBFF!" Twilight waved her hoof.

"Later L-" Shining Armor didn't get any further, because just then a crystal pony guard came running into the room, completely out of breath.

"Your....highness...there...."

"Calm down soldier. Take a deep breath and tell me what is going on." Shining told the guard.

The soldier followed the prince's advice and took a few seconds to catch his breath. "Your highness, there's a monster attacking the city!"

"What?!"

"Where!?"

"On the southern entrance."

"Show me!"


The five Elements, Celestia, Shining Armor and a contingent of guards arrived a few minutes later at the scene. Crystal Ponies were running away from what seemed to be an over-sized and really muscular panther. It was double as long as Celestia and as wide as four of her standing next to each other. It had the same smokey eyes as Sombra, it's shining black claws had a red tint to them and some weird tendrils were growing out of the back of the beast. The ends of the tendrils were glowing in a white light.

"Stand back Twilight." Celestia extended her leg towards the front of her student. The eyes of the beast focused on the white alicorn and it snarled at her, getting ready to fight. The ponies wisely took a few steps back in order to give their princess space to fight.

She and the beast were facing each other, no one making the first move. Everything became silent and you could almost literally feel the tension building up.

...

Celestia stomped with her hoof.

...

The beast bent down a little more.

...

*squeak*

The beast's as well as Celestia's perked up at the squeaking noise.

*squeak* *squeak* *squeak*

The beast looked around, searching for the source of the noise. Some of the ponies got distracted as well. Celestia, seeing her chance, was about to strike, when the cat like beast rolled on its back and stuck its tongue out like a dog. Following it's gaze, she found Fluttershy hovering in the air with a ball inside her mouth. She chewed on the thing, releasing yet more squeak-sounds. The beast adorably waved one of its paws up, almost begging to get the ball.

Fluttershy however put both of her hooves on her hips and gestured with her head towards Celestia. The beast then got up, causing the sun princess to tense up, only to then look in surprise as the beast walked up to Celestia with its head lowered. The alicorn didn't do anything, even when the beast exposed it's neck, which in the wild is a sign of obedience.

Celestia and pretty much everypony else just stared at the thing, which a few minutes ago was growling and snarling at everything, destroying a few benches and other things that actually weren't made of crystals.

Satisfied, Fluttershy tossed the ball to the ground, as to which the cat-beast immediately jumped on and happily started playing with it, as if it was just a small kitty. Everypony at this point just stared at Fluttershy, jaws on the ground, all the while the shy mare landed next to the over-sized cat.

"Now, what did we learn today about scaring others?" Fluttershy asked, causing the beast to whimper.

"There, there." Fluttershy petted its head. "You just made a poor decision. It happens to everypony."

"Shy" Rainbow Dash finally spoke up, stepping a little forward. "I know you very well. We've been friends since flight camp, I know you're really good with animals, like the best animal caretaker there has ever been. But...just how the BUCK did you know how to calm THAT thing down?!" Rainbow pointed at the cat like thing, which teared up. Fluttershy was quickly there to wrap her forelegs around the beast.

"There, there, I'm sure she didn't mean to offend you." Fluttershy assured, before turning to her childhood friend. "Rainbow Dash, please be a bit more sensible."

"Uh...sorry? Still Shy...how?"