• Published 12th Oct 2015
  • 1,487 Views, 61 Comments

There is a horse on my bed - XYZDreadnought



Misanthropic human Pinkamena, meet Pony Pinkie Pie, or is it justin her head. High School will never be the same.

  • ...
8
 61
 1,487

Chapter one – Welcome to my world

Silence.

The alarm is about to go off.

I haven't looked, but the time is 4:57, soon it will be time to get up.

I'm already awake, no point in lying around.

And yet here I sit, waiting as the last few minutes tick by.

It should have gone off by now, it's 5:00 already.

…Beep-Be-

My arm shot out like a snake, silencing the alarm on the second beep, only then did I open my eyes.

Sitting up, I bring the alarm to my face, it is a minute late. I make the necessary adjustments before placing it back on my bedside.

Slinking out of bed, I stretch my arms over my head, giving a grunt at my muscles loosening after a night of stillness, before I pad off to the bathroom.

Starting the shower, I lift my loose fitting pink shirt over my head, the only thing I had bothered wearing before bed. Throwing it into the laundry basket, I find myself looking in the mirror. Staring back at me is a nondescript girl with dull blue eyes and dark pink hair, hair so straight you could rule lines with it, her face locked in a dispassionate deadpan.

Turning away from my reflection, I sigh deeply before stepping into the shower.

Another morning, another day,” I think, repressing a shiver at the cold water. “Let's get this over with.


“Good morning, Pinkamena.”

My sister's monotone stirs me out of my thoughts. She leans over me, her face blocking my view of the ceiling.

Leaning back on my chair with my sister's head directly above me, I give a noncommittal grunt. I might have said more, but I have a slice of buttered toast sitting limply between my teeth, so I am unable to return the greeting.

Maud's expression doesn't change, instead she leans forward, biting into the toast in my mouth and spiriting it away before I can react.

Munching on my toast, she walks toward the fridge.

“Hey…” I say, turning in my seat at my sisters retreating back.

“You weren't eating it, so I helped myself,” says Maud, her tone not changing. “You've still got another one.”

I sigh, before reaching out and grabbing my second piece of toast, placing it in my mouth in a similar manner as the first. I put my hands behind my head and continue to stare at the ceiling.

Maud grabs a carton of milk, tipping it back and downing half the carton. Wiping her lip, she says tonelessly "You do know the point of toast is to eat it while its still warm?"

I started munching slowly, the slice disappearing into my mouth.

Maud gives a sigh before getting some cereal out of the pantry and pouring herself a bowl.

"What's got you so chipper this morning?" I say, after swallowing the last of my slice.

"A new shipment is arriving today, I'm really excited to see what I'm getting," she says, her face a total deadpan.

"Neat" I say, still staring at the roof.

Maud gives me a concerned* look. "What time did you go to bed last night?" she asks.

"Twelve" I say.

"Five hours is not a healthy amount of sleep," says Maud.

I watch a spider cross my field of vision. "It's never done me any harm," I say.

"Sometimes I wonder..." says Maud.

I give a sidelong glance. "I'm fine, Maud," I say flatly, "I can take care of myself."

"I never said you couldn't," she says giving me a sad* glance, "but that doesn't stop me from worrying."

I return to staring at the ceiling. the room descending into a companionable silence.

A few minutes pass.

"Quarter past seven," I say, without looking at the clock. "I should get going."

"Al-right, see you after school," says Maud.

I grab my lunch off the counter and my backpack from my room, but just as I go to leave Maud says, "And please, try not to cause any trouble, you know I'm the one who has to hear about it."

"I'll try, no promises," I say over my shoulder.

"Have fun," she says.

'Yeah, right,' I think, trudging down the stairs.


"Miss Pie!"

I take my gaze away from the window and it up to meet the disapproving glare of my Psychology teacher.

"Yes, is there a problem Miss?" I ask half-heartedly.

"Don't use that condescending tone with me!" she snaps.

"This is my normal tone of voice, would you rather I not speak at all?" I snark.

"And none of that lip!" she reprimands.

I sigh. "What do you want Miss?"

Her glare sharpens. "What I want is for you to pay attention in class and stop drifting off into Wonderland whenever the mood strikes you!" she says.

Some students start snickering, before being silenced by the teachers glare.

"Who's to say I wasn't listening?" I say, raising my eyebrows. I wasn't, but she doesn't need to know that.

The teacher sneers. "If you were listening, then perhaps you could explain to the class the devices used to study the brain during sleep?" she says, causing the class to snigger again.

"The devices used to study brain activity during sleep are the electroencephalograph, the electromyograph and the electro-oculargraph" I say calmly, causing her sneer to wane. "The electroencephalograph measures brainwave activities of the subject through electrodes placed on the scalp, and has allowed psychologists to identify the four different stages of sleep, the electromyograph records electrical activity in the muscles, indicating muscle movement and tension, the electro-eculargraph..."

"Yes, yes, very good," says the teacher, annoyed. "But you're ahead, we have yet to cover the four stages of sleep."

It's my turn to sneer. "Then I apologise," I say. "I shall return to wonderland until the rest of you have caught up."

The class sniggers again, although this time not at me.

The teacher's retort is cut off by the bell.

"Class dismissed," she says, as everyone packs up their things and files out the door. "And I shall see you during the lunch period Miss Pie"

'Not If I see you first,' I think.


"Leaving already, are we?"

Closing my locker door reveals the smug grin of Catherine Wheel, followed by her crony, Violet. I resist the temptation to slam the locker door in her face.

I internally scowl. While not the worst bullies in the school, they make up for it by being persistent and stupid, with absolutely no pattern recognition what-so-ever, an annoying combination.

"What do you want, cath?" I say flatly, hoping that for once in her bimbo life she would get the hint.

No such luck.

"Oh, I was just wondering why you going home so early?" she says, in what she must think is an innocent tone.

"It's three thirty, is there a reason I should stay?" I say, rolling my eyes. It doesn't take a fool to see where this is going.

"Well most people would be at club activities right now, and hanging around with their friends- Oh wait, you don't have any do you?" she says, giggling, obviously thinking she's being clever. "How does it feel, knowing that nobody likes you?"

My eyes roll yet again. "Better than being liked too much, if you ask me," I say, brushing past them.

Cathy looks confused. "What?"

"From what I hear, you've pretty much been 'liked' by half the guys at school, sometimes up the butt," I say, facing them with a smug grin.

"Where did you hear that!?" Cathy shouts, her face red with anger.

I turn my back to them. "Maybe you should ask Violet," I say, walking away.

Cathy rounds on her friend. "And what does she mean by that!"

I leave the two idiots bickering and exit the school building from the back way and cut along the edge of the soccer field, as it is a quicker way to get home than out the front gate. The school team is in the middle of practice, and I cast a glance in their direction before continuing on my way.

I hear a shout and the ball lands in front of me, missing me by a meter.

"Hey Pinks, pass us the ball!" says the girl known as Rainbow Dash.

I ignore her and continue on my way.

"Hey didn't you hear me? I said pass the ball!" she shouts.

I continue ignoring her, walking past the ball as if it wasn't there.

"Pass the ball, asshole! What are you deaf?" says one of Rainbow's teammates, a guy who's name is Jack Hammer.

I promptly turn around pick up the ball, tucking it under my arm, and continue walking as if nothing had happened.

I faintly hear Rainbow saying, "Nice going Jack," before Jack calls out.

"Hey!"

I hear quick footsteps, as Jack runs to catch up with me while shouting, "Give us back the ball you stupid bitch!"

Without turning around, I casually throw the ball into the air before performing a spinning kick, smacking the ball as hard as I can, sending it cannoning into Jacks face, which knocks him off his feet with a resounding "OOF!"

I continue walking as the rest of the team run up to their prone member, and I faintly hear Rainbow say, "Seriously Jack, what did you expect?"

'When will they ever learn,' I think, 'to just leave me alone...'


The shop bells jingle above me as I step into the store. Greeting me as always is an array of precious and semi-precious stones in display cases along the walls and aisles. Maud looks up from the counter.

"Hello Pinkamena, welcome home."

"Hey sis, how was your shipment, anything exciting?" I ask, walking through the shop to the stairs.

"Some interesting specimens, I'll show you when I close up shop," she says, "How was your day?"

I sigh. "Oh you know, same as always..." I say, trudging up the stairs.


Having finished the final paragraph on my English essay, I lean back on my chair, wondering what to do next. All my assignments are finished. I could study, but I am already ahead, and I've never seen the point of revision.

The time is 10:30, way earlier than when I usually go to bed, but lacking anything else to do I decide to indulge my sister and get a full night's sleep.

I get up and walk past my bed and the weird horse thing sitting on it, and head to the bathroom, discarding my pants and shirt into the laundry basket as I go.

After a few minutes of dental hygiene, I walk back into my room. I then pull undone the bow that holds my chest binding, letting it fall to the floor at my feet before kicking it into a corner.

Deciding that I can't be arsed putting a top on, I decide to go as is, naked apart from a pair of women's briefs.

Walking up to my bed I nod my head to the small pink horse sitting in the middle. "Hey, budge over."

The cutely deformed pony complies, hopping to the end of the bed.

Lifting the covers, I gently insinuated myself under them before pulling them up to my neck and closing my eyes...


…And immediately opening them again as I sit bolt upright.

On the end of the bed, its massive blue eyes level with my own, a strange chibi-like horse thing sits, wearing a big friendly grin.

"Hi, my name's Pinkie Pie," it says, "and I'm gonna be your new friend!"

Author's Note:

Footnote:
*Mauds Emotions are unreadable to anyone except close family.

This is my second story on Fimfiction, to any of my followers, sorry this isn't my other story:applejackconfused:, I hope you will find this story just as much fun:pinkiehappy:

My other story has a chapter up and coming, I'm just working through my exams.

This story has two more chapters in reserve, and shall be released as soon as I have a quick re-read of each.

And any similarities between Pinkamena and Snowy Bitterfrost are entirely co-incidental/accidental

[13/10/2015]Edit: Fixed up some mistakes I missed the first few hundred times re-reading this chapter:twilightblush:. A shout out to m2pt5 for pointing out a few.

[27/10/15]Edit: Found and fixed numerious mistakes, thanks to the proofreading of m2pt5