• Published 19th Nov 2011
  • 6,389 Views, 249 Comments

Broken Wings - Lt_Voss



Human soldiers are sent to defeat an army of monsters. But what happens when one falls in love?

  • ...
27
 249
 6,389

Interlude: Prophecies and Party Planning

I was having the strangest dream. I was running in circles chasing an evil space bunny with laser beams shooting out of its arse. After a while it stopped and turned to face me. It said, "Wake up, Will!" I stopped running, but didn't wake. I didn't even know I was dreaming, to be honest. With all the weird stuff going on around me since landing on Equestria, an evil space bunny crapping out laser beams could very well exist. "Wake up! Wake up! WAKE UP, WILL!"

I bolted upright, only to knock my head on someone else. I fell back down, groaning. "Good god, Will, you are the heaviest sleeper I've ever met! And I've met many people in my life!" It was Luna.

I heard Celestia's voice too. "Well, he had to get it from somewhere, sister." I couldn't see either of the two, what with my hands covering my face in pain, but I could feel the grin on Celestia's face. Then I realized that I'd banged my nose on a flat face, not a snout.

"You guys aren't disguised!"

Celestia laughed. "Why would we be? We are in our private quarters, there's nopony here to see us. Aside from Honour Bound, but he's been sworn to secrecy."

I had no words for this. In fact, I had no words for anything right now. That is, until I remembered what had happened last night. "Have you really cast out Blueblood?"

"I have. I adopted him, you know. His mother wanted to see if serving the Princess would teach him respect and duty. Well... you saw what good it did him. I couldn't get through that arrogant sod."

I was a little surprised at her use of the "human" words, but said nothing. "And I've really... replaced him?"

I looked at Luna now, who I found was sitting atop me, straddling my hips. If I weren't tied to Fluttershy... and if she weren't my mother, I'm pretty sure I'd have a new blade to spar with very fast, if you get my meaning. But Luna's my mother, and those thoughts right now were absolutely gross. Regardless, I felt really uncomfortable in this position. The young man in me wanted to show himself, but the mature soldier was holding him back, thankfully. "Uh... Luna, can you... get off of me? This is... awkward, to say the least."

"Oh... right." She hopped off. She went from on her knees to standing with a hop. I believe the old Earth saying was "I Jelly." I was probably the only person who even remembered that.

"So... I'm... Prince Will?"

"Right you are, Will."

I thought it over with Bill. 'I'm royalty, through and through. I don't know what to make of this.' I'd say something witty, but I'm not sure I can. I mean, we knew we were royalty when we found out Luna was our mother but... now the whole of Equestria knows it as well. And we don't even have nifty pony disguises to lift the... wrongness. 'I wish I could figure this thing out. First, we don't want to let anypony know of my relationship with the Princesses, then they go ahead and practically broadcast it to the world.' True, but remember: Celestia said she'd adopted Blueblood. Strange as it seems, it could be seen that she's "adopted" you. 'Too iffy for me. I don't like it.' What's to like?

My thought processes were interrupted when I heard a commotion outside the door, and I heard said door slam open, and shortly thereafter I felt something squeezing the life out of my neck. I'd have to invest in a collar if this keeps itself up, I swear. "Will! You're okay! I was so worried!"

My eyes flung open, and I would have smiled when I saw Fluttershy's face, but there was the whole suffocating thing. I would have said something witty, but again, that's hard to do if you're filling the role of a stress ball. I managed to glurk though, and that made Fluttershy loosen up a bit. A bit. "Hey, there, love. Mind not trying to kill me every time you see me again?" And I grinned, to show her very explicitly that I was joking. Much to my liking, she was learning my humour patterns, and took my swipe with dignity and sense.

It didn't stop her from apologizing though. "I'm sorry." But she grinned back, and to my horror, stuck her tongue out at me.

"Meanie!" I called out to her. "You're making fun of me!" That whole thing was said in a very childish tone. I humphed and turned my head to the left, but the act would have been much better had I been able to move my arms and cross them.

In response, Fluttershy honked my nose. I honestly mean, she placed her hoof on my nose and said "honk." Then she got up and ran off to a corner of the room. Meanwhile, Luna and Celestia were looking at me with obviously bemused faces. The cold jerks. I mean, their whole expression was that of "bah, children," and I felt really hurt. Deep down. Pansy. "You'll have to catch me!" Fluttershy called out.

I sighed, then got up as well. I faced Fluttershy and as quickly as lightning grabbed hold of her and hugged her. But before I could say anything I was interrupted. From the doorway poked a white head. Atop this head was an alternating black and grey mane, shortly cropped. Seeing the Princesses, a male voice said, "Sorry for the intrusion, Princesses. I tried to stop that pegasus, but-" Then he caught sight of Fluttershy and me. "I apologize, I did not see you there, Prince. I see you have detained the intruder. I-"

I cut him off. "Pardon me for interrupting, but it's quite alright. This is Fluttershy. She's a friend."

To which Luna said, "Hmph. A little more than a friend, Sir Honour."

"Oh!" He exclaimed, then his white face grew red. "Well... erm, I, uh... think... yes, that is Lily calling my name. I'd better, uh, go... before she gets mad..." Then he scampered off.

To be honest, I kind of felt bad. I mean, I hadn't meant to embarrass him. If only Luna had kept her mouth shut! Watch it, Momma's watching. 'What do you-' He's right. I know what you were thinking just now, Will. 'Oh, crap. Bill! You let her in?!' YOU keep her out then, since you know better than me. Go on, throw her out like you've been trained. Oh, wait, you haven't. Now. I believe your mother has something to say. 'What-' You are going to learn what a Prince does when he is punished. My eyes widened. 'Why do I get the feeling that I will suffer bodily harm in the near future?' Oh, no reason. No reason at all. I could feel the sarcasm dripping off of her thoughts.


Well, after several hours I returned to the bedroom, Luna right behind me. I was walking pretty funny, as I couldn't keep my legs together comfortably. If this was what Princes went through, I didn't want to be one anymore. I got to learn more about what I could physically do with my body than I ever wanted to in an entire lifetime. None of it had to do with my manhood, thank the gods, but my thighs, lower abdomen, even my neck were strained. Bill was blocking out most of the pain, but it still hurt like hell.

I collapsed on the bed, which was a mistake. Everything hurt more, and I suppressed a yelp with a sucking in of breath. Immediately Fluttershy came over to do what she could. I was a little nervous with her poking around down there, but luckily, for the both of us, nothing happened. I sighed, regardless, as simply massaging my body alleviated much of the pain. "Thank you, Fluttershy."

"I don't mind, Will. A lot of animals get hurt, and massaging them is one of the ways I help their pain." She whispered. She moved down under my shoulder blades, which elicited a moan from me. "Oh, I'm sorry, did I hurt you?" She asked, quietly but frantically.

"No, don't stop. That feels great." You just like it when she touches you. 'If I weren't relaxing, I'd smack you in the face.' I don't have a face. 'I know how to get you one.' Okay, okay. "So... what now?"

Luna chuckled. "Now, we get you broken into the role of a Prince. This includes lessons in geography, history, art. Not so much in music, as you've already proved yourself last night, but you will need to learn more of Equestrian styles. You'll also learn how to be an effective ruler, how to govern the land, and how to deal with ponies. As a side lesson from Celestia and I, from behind closed doors, you'll also learn the art of the blade." I made to say something, but I was cut off. "Before you voice your concerns, I realize you do not have one. Yet. It will be another of our secret lessons: forging and crafting. You will make your own sword."

"I have one." I said, more to defend myself than to make a point.

"You have a battle sword. Not much skill required there: hack and slash. No, you will make an elegant blade, fit for a Prince, when we are through with you." Luna said, darkly.

"You make it sound as if it'll be rough and painful..."

She laughed. "What makes you say that?"

"Just a feeling." Just then, Fluttershy kneaded between my shoulder blades, and I fell forward. I didn't want to get up. "Thank you, Fluttershy." Then I remembered what day it was. Local time, it was the day after Christmas. 'I did give her a pretty crappy Christmas celebration.' Now, now. I think dying was a pretty neat feat, especially when you came back. 'I'm serious. I have to do something for her.' Bill sighed. Why do you have to be such a chivalrous bastard? 'I was born this way.'

Luna spoke. "Sister, would you please take Fluttershy and give her a good time in Canterlot? There is something that Will would like to share with me."

Celestia nodded and chuckled. "I heard it too, Luna." She spoke to Fluttershy. "Come on, Fluttershy. I'm sure we could find something fun to do." She disguised herself as an alicorn again and left, right behind Fluttershy.

As soon as the door closed, Luna spoke to me. "What do you have in mind?"

"Is there somewhere I could rent out to use as a party? I was planning on having a surprise party for her very first Christmas. You know very well, first hand, that I didn't do a good job of it the first time around." Understatement? Quite so. I sighed mentally. 'Well, I see we all just invited ourselves to camp out in my head for a while, so why don't we-' Hello. Are you Will? I stopped cold.

'Who was that?' I am Helen. Woah, there. Who let you in? I let myself in. Helen, don't get into this. I'll- I need to tell Will something... important... 'Wh- What?' Don't listen to her, Will. Bill, get her out of here. What? How? You mean... you don't know? Will never taught you? 'I never knew myself!' Will. Someone close to you will die. 'What is going on here, Luna?' I don't know! Don't listen!

Do what Luna says, and don't trust this Helen. I trust Luna much more. Don't listen to Helen, Will. I really don't know what she's talking about. 'I wasn't planning on listening to her, guys. Have a little more-' Someone will be taken from you... forcefully... painfully... 'What does that even mean?!' Heed my words... Then I felt Helen withdraw from my mind, on her own. She was strong enough to completely ignore Luna... Will, I don't like this. I got all the wrong vibes from her. As did I... I'd say don't pay any attention to her, but when her words are this dark...Remember what she has said, but don't think much of it now. There's work to be done.

After a moment of silence, which really was about fifteen minutes, I shook my head clear of all distracting thoughts. That much I'd learned to do, with the help of Bill. Then, I leaned my head against Luna's, and began laying out the details of the party, as if I weren't just told that bad things of the worst variety would happen to me in the future. To be honest, I don't even think I remembered Helen's prophecy. Bill would quote her verbatum later on, though, so I wasn't too worried.

Believe it or not, we finished planning the party in less than forty five minutes. When we were done, we got up and left the room. We had a celebration to set up.