• Published 18th Jul 2015
  • 1,058 Views, 16 Comments

Princess Diamond Tiara - ABagOVicodin



Diamond Tiara becomes Princess Twilight's assistant for the Grand Equestria Pony Summit. Everyone listens to Diamond Tiara as a result. She soon finds out that speaking on Twilight's behalf is more fun than she thought.

  • ...
4
 16
 1,058

Prologue

“Diamond Tiara, it is time to wake up.”

Diamond Tiara shuffled in bed, eyes fluttering open, but not remembering who addressed her. The voice was a blur, just like all the other servants in her house. She growled and sat up, facing the wall away from the pony behind her. “That better be the shadow of a tray with over easy eggs, or I’m going to freak out,” Diamond muttered, just loud enough for her visitor to hear.

Unfortunately for her, the one voice that would melt her facade happened to speak, his shadow still in the doorway. “Excuse me, young lady?”

Diamond Tiara’s eyes widened and she dashed out of bed, landing on all fours as she smiled sheepishly. “Um, don’t worry about it, Daddy. I was just dreaming out loud!” Diamond smiled, showing off her pearly whites while her father stared down at him, one eyebrow raised as a hoof shifted around something in his pocket.

“Uh huh,” Filthy Rich replied as his hoof moved back to the floor. “Is that what I get for deciding to wake you up myself?”

Diamond quickly walked over to Filthy Rich’s side and hugged him, still smiling as she stared into his eyes. “Good morning, Daddy!” Diamond pulled back and tried to pass a glance behind Filthy Rich, but only saw the wall.

“I guess I fell asleep in the thirty seventh bedroom this time,” Diamond thought. She noticed that Filthy Rich still seemed annoyed at her audacity, so she tried to come up with an excuse. “Um… I just thought that since it was my birthday, that I was going to be woken up with my favorite breakfast.”

Filthy Rich gasped, his eyes widening as he passed a glance around the room. While this bedroom was decorated just as lavishly as Diamond Tiara’s other bedrooms, there was a destructive lack of a breakfast tray, either on an end table or nearby Diamond’s bed. Filthy Rich had dropped the ball, and Diamond Tiara smirked.

“Daddy, how are you supposed to say that you loved me if I starve?” Diamond Tiara asked as she pouted. She walked over to her end table and picked up her tiara, placing it on her head while Filthy Rich grabbed for answers.

“I’m… I’m sorry, my Princess. But I spent all of yesterday preparing my surprise for you,” Filthy Rich said, ending his sentence with a singsong tone.

Now it was Diamond’s turn to gasp, as she turned back around to face her father. “You got a surprise for me?!” Diamond asked.

“He better have a surprise for me.”

“Yep! It’s all down in the foyer, but you have to put on this blindf—WOAH!”

Diamond couldn’t have ran faster out of the room. She nearly toppled over her father as she darted down a spiral staircase, keeping her eyes where the staircase would open up to once she was at the bottom. She caught a glimpse of a purple pony, but it didn’t make sense to her until she stopped in the middle of the foyer. Princess Twilight was sitting upon one of the fine mahogany chairs, looking relaxed and laughing as she reached for a platter of caramel apples. The butler holding the platter was smiling, and he even laughed.

“That little…”

The butler met eyes with Diamond Tiara and he immediately stopped laughing. He stood still like a board, leaving the platter within reach for Twilight as he smiled sheepishly, knowing that Diamond’s eyes were boring into his like a blowtorch. Twilight spared a glance over to Diamond Tiara, and she smiled.

“Oh, Diamond Tiara, I have been waiting for you!” Princess Twilight said as she stood up and walked over to Diamond, giving her a small bow. Diamond Tiara raised an eyebrow in response.

“What are you doing here?” Diamond asked, not meaning to sound as harsh as she did.

“Diamond!” Filthy Rich panted as he ran over to Diamond’s side, raising a hoof to pat his heart. “That’s not the way to speak to a Princess.” He glared down at Diamond Tiara, who recoiled before Twilight waved off Diamond’s brashness.

“It is no problem at all, Filthy Rich,” Twilight said as she popped the rest of the caramel apple within her magic into her mouth. She continued once she was done chewing.

“After all, somepony who is going to help a Princess can act however she wants, within reason,” Twilight said as she emitted a loud burp, her entire face contorting from the power. Everypony in the room stared at her as Twilight giggled and covered her mouth.

“Excuse me,” Twilight said as she adjusted the crown on her head.

“Wait a minute, what do you mean by, ‘someone who is going to help a princess soon?’” Diamond asked. She noticed her father grinning from ear to ear beside her, and he stepped next to Twilight.

“Well, my darling. Since I have been so proud of your growth and you are becoming a responsible young lady, I have worked together with Princess Twilight, and your present is that you are going to be her assistant for a day!”

“Oh,” Diamond replied as she looked to Princess Twilight, who was wiping off some caramel on an apple and spending a little too much time trying to reach some caramel on her cheek with her tongue. “I’m going to be her… assistant?”

“Yep! I know you’ve been telling me that you want to help me at my work, and this would be a good place to start to teach you some leadership and communication skills!” Filthy Rich replied. “We all have to start somewhere, and this would be perfect for you!”

“Great present, Dad.”

Diamond smiled and hugged her dad. “Thank you, Daddy. This present is the best!” she lied as she squeezed him and turned to Twilight. “So, what will I be helping you with?”

Twilight stopped trying to lick her cheek and she smiled. “Well, you have an important job, since Filthy Rich told me that you can handle almost anything that I were to throw at you. Is that right?”

“Yep! I’m one of the best leaders!” Diamond Tiara replied as she stuck out her chest in confidence.

“I like hearing that,” Twilight replied. “Well, you are going to help me with the Grand Equestria Pony Summit.” Twilight’s horn glowed and an image of a gigantic room filled with decorations and cheering ponies played before Diamond’s eyes, on the floor as if played by a projector. “It’s one of the most important gatherings in recent memory. Diplomatic relations and Equestria’s appearance relies on this meeting.”

“Sounds like a lot of important ponies are going to be there. My type of crowd,” Diamond replied as she brushed her hoof against her shoulder. “Am I going to be telling all of the ponies how important and profitable the Rich family is when it comes to business?”

“Nope!” Twilight replied as she pulled out a scroll. “We are going to prepare the Summit for everypony else and make sure that everything runs smoothly!”

If Diamond was a balloon, or a company’s profit margin around the time of tax season, she would have deflated. “That’s it?” she asked.

“Yes!” Twilight said, excited enough for the both of them as she unraveled the scroll and showed Diamond the laundry list of things that needed to be done. A numerous amount of things on the list were already checked off, but there were still a few that caught her interest. “We are going to help with the food and decorations of the summit. And since it is your birthday, I’ll be taking you to the spa and somewhere to get a new outfit, just for this occasion!”

Diamond smiled, Twilight’s gift finally sounding like a present. “That’s more like it!” Diamond replied as she looked to Filthy Rich. “Should I start packing my bags?” she asked. She passed a glance towards Filthy Rich’s saddlebag, which she seemed to miss until now. “Daddy, are you leaving again?”

Filthy Rich nodded, frowning slightly. “Unfortunately I have to, Pumpkin. I’m going to meet with a business partner and we are going to talk numbers, but I want to hear all about it when you come home!”

Diamond Tiara looked down. “Oh,” she muttered, feeling as if an icepick stabbed into her heart at the idea of spending another birthday without her father.

Filthy Rich walked over to her and tilted her chin up as Twilight got ready to leave. “Hey, it will only be a little bit, my Princess. I have the rest of the day off. How about we go out to lunch and dinner when I come back? Wherever you want.”

Diamond Tiara smiled and hugged Filthy Rich, burying her head into his chest. “Deal!”

“Deal.”

“Well, I still have to prepare my suitcase for Canterlot,” Twilight said to Diamond Tiara. “Meet me outside my castle and we can go to Canterlot. We’ll start with a massage when we get there, and we can get all settled in for the Grand Equestria Pony Summit, alright?”

“Alright,” Diamond replied as Twilight said her goodbyes. Filthy Rich did as well while Diamond walked him to the gate of their house.

“Make sure that you treat everypony with respect and kindness, as if they were one of you, Diamond. I don’t want to have another Cutie Mark Crusaders debacle. I trust you,” Filthy Rich said.

Diamond Tiara nodded. “You’re the best daddy in the whole entire world for giving me this gift! I’ll see you soon for lunch!” she said as she opened the gate and pushed him out of it. “Thank you for making me Twilight’s assistant. I have to go get ready so we can go to Canterlot together. Bye!”

Diamond slammed the gate in Filthy Rich’s face and ran back to the foyer, smirking as she adjusted her tiara and walked up behind the butler who seemed to vanish while she was distracted with Twilight and her father. Diamond tapped her forehoof as the butler turned around to face her. She saw him cowering at her expression of pure rage.

“MAKE… ME… BREAKFAST!”