• Published 17th Jul 2015
  • 351 Views, 43 Comments

Lyra - The Lyra Heartstrings



Things barely anypony/anyone know about. Adventures and stuff about yours truly. Getting a phone, travelling to Griffinstone, a place that ponies barely know about, and more.

  • ...
1
 43
 351

Griffinclaw and Anthropologists

I knocked once more on Twilight's Castle doors on arrival. Twilight again, answered. "Lyra, if it's about hum-"

"Do you know where Griffinclaw is?"

"Griffinclaw? Why do you want to go there? I've heard of it. It's a mountain, with a village and a cave. But there's old ponytales that say there's a crazy old wizard living there. I don't know the location exactly, but it might be in one of my books. So, again, why do you want to go there?" Twilight let me inside.

"I'm looking for somepony named Myth Wanderer. It said he lives in Griffinclaw."

"Myth Wanderer... where have I heard that name before.." She grabbed a book, and opened it to a page titled Griffinclaw. "There, that's the page on Griffinclaw. I don't remember much about this part of the book, but there might be a ma-"

"Found it!" I found a map on the back of the page. "Is it okay if I take the page?"

"NO!" Twilight grabbed the book before my hoof touched the top of the page. "I mean.. you could borrow the book..."

"Okay, thanks again, Twi!" I went outside of the castle and studied the map. This was going to be a very long trip. I headed home to notify Bon Bon of where I was going to go, although I might not make the trip before nightfall. I arrived and opened the door. "Bon Bon!"

"What?" Bon Bon walked towards me.

"I'm going to be gone for a day or so."

"Lyra..."

"I'm sorry, okay!? I'll make up for it, promise."

"Well, you have to at least let me come with you."

"Bon Bon-"

"You know you can't handle yourself very well. Just let me come with you, I won't get in the way of anything. Where are you headed, anyways?" I showed her the map.

"Griffinclaw? Where's that? Why do you have to go there?"

"To see if a pony lives there. He's the one who made something Twilight gave to me."

"Well, okay.. but let's get ready, first."

Griffinclaw. By the name, I assumed it would have griffins living there. We arrived, after passing through forests and climbing hilltops. The odd mountain had a cave, just just like Twilight said, but the cave stuck out of the side of the mountain. I could see why they name it Griffinclaw. The cave was kind of in the shape of a literal griffin's claw. It would be hard to explain, but it's like a rock balcony, in the shape of a griffin's claw facing upwards, leading into a cave, sticking out on one side of the mountain. "How are we supposed to get up there!?" Bon Bon exclaimed.

"Stairs."

"Lyra, there are no-" I pointed towards the stairs in front of us, that lead up the side of the mountain. "stairs." She finished. We climbed up the stone stairs. As we reached the top, the village stood in front of us.

"Hmph, I don't see anypony here." We walked towards the village. "Helloooo!?" I checked some of the abandoned houses. "Odd." I walked towards the odd cave I saw earlier. There was a staircase leading down towards the inside of the cave, in the ground.

"Lyra, this place creeps me out.." Bon Bon followed behind me.

"It's nothing. You said I can't handle myself, and now you're-" I tumbled down the stairs. Bon Bon rushed towards me.

"Lyra!! Are you okay!?"

"Me and my big mouth." She helped me get back up. "Let's go."

"I can barely see my own hooves!" Bon Bon complained. True, the cave was dimly lit by a few torches, attached to the walls. I didn't see where I was going, and I bumped into what I think was Bon Bon.

"Oops, sorry Bon Bon."

"What?" I heard Bon Bon's voice from behind me.

"Wait, if you're behind me... then who is-" I backed away. "You're right, maybe we should go back!" Just as I was about to gallop up the stairs, I heard a stallion's voice.

"Who are you ponies?" I jumped in shock when I heard the voice.

"U-Uhm.. w-we're.. I'm Lyra Heartstrings.. and this is Bon Bon."

"Why are you here?" Asked the voice.

"I-I'm looking for Myth Wanderer."

"Why?" Asked the voice.

"Well... I have this phone that a friend has given me, and I found a pamphlet with notes o-"

"The phone? Are you sure you're looking for Myth Wanderer?" Interrupted the voice.

"Yes. Myth Wanderer, Griffinclaw."

"Why do you seek him?" A dark blueish stallion with a cloak emerged from the darkness.

"Lyra... can we please go now..?"

"I need some help.."

"You really don't know who I am, do you? I'm the only one living here... hint, hint."

"Wait... you're Myth Wanderer!?" I asked, surprised.

"Obviously. Now what is it you desire? I'm busy."

"Doing what?"

"Do I have to tell you everything!?"

"Sorry..." I winced.

"No matter. What do you need?"

"I just told you! UGH! I have your phone and I need help using it."

"Right.. wait, you have my phone!?"

"I wish she didn't.." Bon Bon complained in the background.

"Yeah, I need help using it, and I'm interested in talking to you, too. I study humans too."

"I- I need that phone..." I winced at my phone, and then I looked at Myth Wanderer. I grabbed the phone, and I was about give it to him "Nevermind. Keep it. I'm already building a portal back. That's why I'm busy." I put my phone back, a little irritated, but the mentioning of a portal came to my interest.

"Wait, a portal to the human world!?"

"Yep."

"Is it alright if I ask some questions, if it doesn't bother you?"

"aI guess I have the time.. actually, I have all the time in the world... the portal can wait."

"Why do you live here?" He hung his head down.

"Ponies used to make fun of me for my interest in humans. As I grew up, I would still be bothered by ponies, and I had no privacy. I ran away from home, and came across this this village, where I was taken in by griffins. They treated me well, but as the time went on, they grew bitter, and ignored me. Their friendship began to crumble, and I was alone once more. One day, I woke up, alone, the only one in the village."

"I'm sorry.." I walked up towards him to give him a hug, but he put his hoof forward to block me.

"No, it's okay, really. I've grown a liking to this place. I don't mind living in solitude, really."

"But Twilight said there was a crazy wizard up-"

"That's what ponies think of me?" He sighed.

"If you'd like, me and Bon Bon could take you-"

"Lyra, don't you dar-" Bon Bon said, annoyed.

"Bon, can't you see he's alone!?" I pointed a hoof at him. "He needs to see other ponies!"

"But that isn't a reason to take him in!" Bon Bon argued. "We don't have any spare rooms, and you know you're not good with taking good care of anypony!"

"If the lady says no, it's a no. I'm fine, really. Any more questions before I return to work?" I sighed.

"Can you help me with the phone?"

"Sure. It'll take a while, if you don't mind?" He looked towards Bon Bon.

"Take your time.. it's not like we were planning anything special!"

"Alright, here's the basics." I pulled out my phone and Myth Wanderer took over, demonstrating the basics of using the phone, and showed me how to use the 'touch screen' and buttons correctly, along with helping 'setting up' the phone.