• Published 15th Jul 2015
  • 483 Views, 4 Comments

Satisfaction Guaranteed - Zurvan



When the Flim Flam brothers return to Ponyville with a tonic that actually works expected things happens.

  • ...
3
 4
 483

Ending 7: Do Your Wings Hang Low?

Ending 7: Do Your Wings Hang Low?
By: Zurvan

“Scoots!” Apple Bloom yells. “Your wings!”

“What?” Scootaloo asks as she turns around and looks at her wings. SHe see’s her wings growing quickly. “Yes, finally!” She turns to the vendors. “Thank you.”

“You may not want to thank us just yet.” Flim says.

“Doesn’t look like your wings are done growing.” Flam says.

Scootaloo turns back and sees her wings have grown beyond the size they should be for her age and would soon approach the size of a normal adult’s wing span. “Help!”

Sweetie Belle and Apple Bloom look at each other. “Princess Twilight!” The say in unison and then fly off toward the castle.

About 5 minutes later Twilight appears in a flash of purple. She quickly charges her horn and places Scootaloo in a bubble. Scootaloo appears to be asleep in the bubble.“What exactly did you put in that potion?” Twilight asks as she glares at the trio of ponies.

“Are ingredients are clearly listed on the board for all to see.” Trixie answers, then adds with a sneer. “Princess.”

Twilight walks over to the board levitating the bubble. "Cloud flowers; poison joke extract; liquefied pegasi feathers?" She looks up at the trio. "Care to share how that works?"

Flim and Flam both look at Trixie. Trixie sighs. "First you boil the feathers to get rid of impurities. Then you crush them into a fine powder. Finally you place the powder in a vial over fire until the dust liquefies."

Twilight nods. "Very methodical."

"I couldn't risk anything being a fluke." Trixie explains. "Every batch was made in as sterile conditions as possible."

"And you say nopony before Scootaloo has had any side effects?"

"The first batch we tested the ponies experienced nausea and headaches.”

“Whom did you test it on?”

“We put out sign offering bits to ponies willing to try a potion designed to let ordinary ponies fly.” Trixie answers. “You’d be surprised how many ponies would show up even with the large warning saying the potion had not been tested yet.”

Twilight nods. “So that’s why you have ginger root and white willow bark in there.”

Trixie nods. “We attempted a few other combinations, but those proved to be potentially fatal. Once we had the current recipe working we once again put out posters to test it. This time we saw no side effects,”

“Then what happened with Scootaloo?”

Trixie sighs. “Unfortunately we were never able to test is on pegasi before.”

“YOU LET A CHILD TAKE AN UNTESTED POTION?” Twilight yells at Trixie.

“We just hadn’t be able to test it on pegasi.” Trixie says. “I honestly didn’t think there would be any major side effects.”

“Thanks to your potion I have her in a stasis bubble to stop her wings from growing anymore.” Twilight says as she looks at the young pegasus in the bubble, her wings enveloping her. “I’d say her wing span is at least equal to that of Princess Celestia’s. So I have to ask how long until this potion wears off?”

Trixie rubs the back of her neck with her fore-hoof. “It’s different with everypony.”

“Do you have an antidote?”

“No, the potion’s not poisonous, we each tested every batch that we were going to sell before we bottled it.”

"You tested it?"

"I have a doctor that monitors me and my foal." Trixie says as she rubs her belly. "Had to make sure it was safe."

Twilight sighs. "No more selling to pegasi."

"Of course." Trixie says. "If I'd had any idea it would have affected her so I wouldn't have sold it to her."

Twilight nods. "I need to confiscate the rest of this batch so I can attempt to find an antidote."

"You can't do that!" Flam yells.

Twilight flares her wings. "You dare question what a princess of Equestria can and can't do?"

"Well...um..." Flam tries to speak obviously flustered.

"What I believe my brother meant is that each batch of the tonic requires a good deal of money to make. I believe he is worried about the cost of not being paid anything for this batch."

"Very well." Twilight sighs. "Provide me with a cost analysis for this batch of tonic along with how much you've already made and I'll have you reimbursed for the remainder."

"That hardly.." Flam starts only to be cut off by his brother's hoof.

"We appreciate whatever you deem fair." Flim says.

"Good." Twilight says. "Now I need to get it to my castle."

"I had a feeling you would need help." Applejack's voice calls out. The crowd immediately moves aside to let Applejack through. She's immediately followed by Big Mac whose hitched to a wagon. "Put that potion in the wagon. Big Mac here will carry it to the castle for ya.”

“Eeyup.” Big Mac says.

Twilight uses her magic to move the potion to the wagon and then she and Big Mac are underway.

==========

Several days later the Mane 6 minus Twilight, Spike, Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle all sit waiting for news. When Twilight, her mane a mess comes out of her laboratory. Rainbow Dash flies over to her. "Well?"

"I've exhausted every available idea to create an antidote." Twilight answers her voice sad.

"Then what's going to happen to Scootaloo?" Rainbow Dash asks.

"I'm going to take her out of the stasis bubble and cast a permanent growth stunt spell on her."

"You can't be serious Darling." Rarity says and Twilight just nods.

"Rarity, what's a growth stunt spell?" Sweetie Belle asks.

Rarity looks at Twilight who speaks up. "Very simply the spell stops things from growing."

"So that means her wings won't get any bigger right?" Apple Bloom asks.

"It does." Twilight answers looking to the floor.

"Why do I get the feeling that's not all it would do?" Applejack asks.

Twilight sighs. "She won't grow either."

The others all look at each other. "Is there another option?" Fluttershy asks.

"I could keep her in the stasis bubble until such time as somepony comes up with a way to reverse her condition." Twilight answers.

"How long could that take?" Apple Bloom asks.

"Days; weeks; months; years; decades; centuries. No way of telling." Twilight answers.

"Is there anyway you could give her the choice?" Rarity asks.

Twilight nods. "Yeah, I can do that."

"I think that's what you should do then." Rarity says and the others nod.

"That sounds reasonable." Twilight says. "I'll bring her in and prepare the necessary spells." Twilight opens back up the laboratory and levitates the stasis bubble containing Scootaloo out to the main room. "Everypony ready? She may have questions for all of us." Everypony nods and Twilight removes the bubble and hits Scootaloo with two spells.

Scootaloo wakes up and looks around. "What happened?" She goes to get up and realizes her wings are huge. "Oh great that wasn't a dream."

"No, it wasn't." Twilight says. "Unfortunately I can't figure out a way to reverse it."

Scootaloo groans. "I knew complaining about my small wings would come back to haunt me."

"I've cast a temporary spell on you that has completely stopped you from growing."

"Wait! The potion is still working?"

"It appears that the effects of the potion are permanent if given to a pony who doesn't have their cutie mark."

"So I'm stuck like this for the rest of my life?"

"It's either that or put you back in the bubble until somepony can figure out how to reverse it."

"How long could that take?"

"I have no idea, the whole world could be different by the time you are awake again."

"There's no way to just stop my wings from growing so that I can grow into them?"

"If there is I don't know about it."

"Is this stop growing spell permanent?"

"I would make it so it could be removed if a way to reverse it was found."

Scootaloo nods. "Can you do anything for my wings at all? Right now I can't even stand up."

Twilight thinks for a minute. "I can make them lighter, but we'll need to strengthen you up cause I'll have to cast that spell every couple days."

"I understand." Scootaloo says. "Please do that and the stop growing spell. I think I'd rather be able to spend time with my friends."

Twilight nods. "Very well." She quickly casts both spells. "I'll need you to come see me in a couple days to see how the spells are holding up."

"Can I go home for now?"

"Of course."

=========

6 months later. Sweetie Belle walks up to Apple Bloom who is lying in an open field on the farm. "Hey Apple Bloom, what you doing?"

Apple Bloom holds up a piece of wood with string wrapped around it. "Look up."

Sweetie Belle follows the string up until she sees Scootaloo in the sky, her massive wings spread. A collar around her neck has the string connected to it as does a ring on her tail. "Sweetie look, I'm flying!"