• Published 15th Jul 2015
  • 483 Views, 4 Comments

Satisfaction Guaranteed - Zurvan



When the Flim Flam brothers return to Ponyville with a tonic that actually works expected things happens.

  • ...
3
 4
 483

Ending 5: In Full Flight

Ending 5: In Full Flight
By: k9grommer

Scootaloo held the cup in her hoof, looking at it in disbelief. It figures, she thought, finally, a potion that makes everyone fly…except me. A tear fell down and plopped in the liquid and she shrugged…”What the heck?” she said, and downed the contents. She waited. Nothing. She looked at Apple Bloom, hovering over the ground, moving her legs and flailing her head about in an effort to look graceful.

Scootaloo sat down and waited. Still nothing. Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle sensed her sadness and went and sat down next to her. “Its ok,“ Apple Bloom reassured her. “It’s not all that fun to fly anyways. I’d rather be down on the ground. “

Scootaloo knew what she was doing and smiled. She hugged Apple Bloom, got up, picked up her scooter and started to go home. Why, she thought, why can’t I fly? What did I do to be denied the very core of a pegasus’ existence? Sweetie Belle and Apple Bloom started to follow her, but a teary eyed, crestfallen Scootaloo asked them to just let her be alone.

So she started home, pushing on her scooter slowly and without any enthusiasm. And suddenly she had an idea. Maybe she just didn’t take ENOUGH of the potion. THAT had to be it! If any other pony was granted flight and she, the only pegasus, didn’t…that only meant that she just hadn’t taken enough. She turned around and went back to where the action had been, and went around to the back…and waited. It took awhile before the crowd dispersed, but they left, slowly but surely, and soon it was just her…and a table full of bottles.

Slowly, carefully, she walked over to the table and examined the lot. There was a plethora of bottles…beautiful, colorful, ornate glass blown bottles that were no doubt the vessels of the magic flying potion. Anything that special could only be kept in exquisite bottles such as these. She picked one up, uncorked it and sniffed the contents. It didn’t smell like anything. She dipped her tongue inside and tasted it..nothing…it was tasteless. She recalled back to the potion she had drank and remembered that it had no flavor, either…so she threw her head back and tossed the entire bottle down her throat. She repeated this with six more bottles, one right after another..and waited. Nothing. She drank another bottle and for good measure, two more, and then…. She felt funny. She shook her head, her eyes were seeing double and she felt light headed. Thinking she was going to pass out she sat down for a few moments until it passed and then got up and buzzed her wings. Something felt different. Something was….different.

She went outside, started to run, her mane blowing in the wind. She had a feeling she was going to fly. She wasn’t sure why..she was just sure. She ran as fast as she could, buzzed her little wings and prepared herself mentally for the Grand Launch. She lept into the air and…..ascended.

“OH!” She squeed in delight. “OH!! I’m flying!! Im flying, Im really flying!”

Higher into the air she climbed, her wings buzzing as hard as they’d ever been. Now this…this is what was going to strengthen her wings and make them grow. She extended her front legs, stretched out her back legs, put her head up and smiled. She tucked her head down and did a flip. “I did a FLIP!” she exclaimed, and as an encore to the flip, she rolled over, and over and over again, going up, coming back down, doing just about everything Dash could do without the speed, but that would come, that would come in time.

The potion worked! It worked like a charm, and it was working it’s magic on her! Scootaloo knew she would have to take this stuff every day if she was going to keep flying, but that was fine. Being airborne meant the world to her and if she had to take it everyday…she would, without hesitation. She would have to get a job to earn the bits to pay for it…but if that meant she had to quit school and work every single day to pay for it, she would do whatever it took.

She was confident that it no time at all, she would be just as good as Dash, and she and Dash would try out for the Wonderbolts…and they would both make it..her and Dash on the same team!! She felt so high, and she WAS high. She was flying as high as she’d ever been. Now she finally knew how Dash felt. This was the best feeling ever. Dash! Dash HAD to see her! She turned herself around, and flew over to Dash’s cloud. She would have to thank Trixie, Flim and Flam for creating this amazing potion. Why hadn’t they thought of this before!

Scootaloo flew to Dash’s cloud and clumsily landed next to her. Dash was sleeping, so Scootaloo snuggled in next to her. She was the happiest she had ever been, in her entire life. Here she was, on Dash’s cloud, laying next to her, but the best part about it was…she FLEW up here. She buzzed her wings and looked at them proudly, and admired them for the first time in her life. A tear squeezed out of her eye and rolled down her face. She licked up the salty drop, and fell asleep next to Dash.

An hour later Dash woke up, stretched, yawned, and nearly fell off the cloud when she realized she wasn’t up there alone. She couldn’t believe Scootaloo was up there with her!
“Hey kid, “ she shouted, and Scootaloo’s eyes opened. “Hey squirt, whatcha doin up here? How did you GET up here?”

Scootaloo proudly lifted her head and closed her eyes. “I FLEW.” She exclaimed.

“How? I mean…wh…I mean…did your wings grow? What happened?”

“Trixie made a potion that makes ponies fly. AND I GOT SOME. And now I can fly. Just watch.” She lept off the cloud. Dash instinctively reached for her and prepared to catch her should she fall. Scootaloo was doing it! She flipped, she rolled, she dove, she climbed and dropped, she was really doing it! Dash wasted no time in joining her, and together they flew, intertwining with each other, playing, laughing, squeeing.

Dash was so happy for her, finally, finally the little pegasus could do what she had been yearning for for so long. “Squirt this is amazing!” She said, “you can fly now! Do you know what this means? Your whole world is going to open up! I can teach you stuff and you and I can be flying partners!”

Those were the best words Scootaloo had ever heard. The pair flew over Ponyville and went to Sugarcube Corner. Ponies were starting to notice that Scootaloo was actually up there and soon there was a crowd gathered on the ground, everyone watching her new ability, which Scootaloo was showing off, hoping everypony in town saw her.

Sweetie Belle and Apple Bloom HAD to see this. She and Dash flew to the clubhouse and landed on the roof. Sweetie Belle had come outside to see what the ruckus was, and squealed in excitement when she saw her friend on the roof. Apple Bloom came out and jumped up and down. “you’re doing it!” She yelled, and winked at Sweetie Belle. Scootaloo wasted no time with the announcement that she would be leaving the Crusaders. She was sure to get her cutie mark now. The two fillies accepted the bittersweet resignation and watched Scootaloo fly up with Dash. “This is everything she’s ever wanted.” Apple Bloom said with a big smile.

Pinkie Pie shouted a congrats; AJ threw her hat in the air and gave a “Yahoo!”; Rarity looked up and even cried. She had seen Scootaloo struggle for so long, she was genuinely happy for her, finally she was free from the bondage of flightlessness. Princess Twilight was so proud, she cried, as well, her and Spike hugged in an expression of sheer joy for little Scoots. Fluttershy joined them and the three of them flew and played in the air, finally, finally Scootaloo’s dream had come true.

“I’M DONE with my scooter!” Scootaloo announced. “Im moving on to bigger and better things! I think I'm just going to throw it away now.” She flew down, swiped the scooter and brought it back up.

“I don’t know if you should do that right away,” Dash reasoned.


“Why not? I’m done! I won’t need this old thing ever again! This scooter was a symbol of my weakness!” She opened her hoof and it dropped down, striking a rock and splintering into a thousand pieces. The wheels rolled in different directions and came to rest on the grass. Dash and Fluttershy looked at each other and shrugged. Scootaloo was one of the Big Girls now! Life was changing for sweet little Scootaloo.

Scootaloo led Fluttershy and Dash on an extensive flying adventure, going so long the two older mares were becoming worn out. “Let’s take a break.” Dash suggested.

“NO! I don’t WANT to REST! I feel so so GOOD!” SCootaloo exclaimed.

She spotted Trixie, Flim and Flam, and flew down to thank them. She said nothing at first, only gave them a big hug. “Oh my, “ Trixie said, “What’s all this for Scootaloo?”

“Thank you! Thank you to all of you!”

The three looked at each other quizzically. “Thank you…for what?” Flam asked.

“For the flying potion! Just watch!” Scootaloo buzzed through the air like a rocket and landed on a cloud. Just then she decided she was going to start sleeping on clouds, just like Dash. Just. Like. Dash.

Flim, Flam and Trixie looked at each other and then back at Scootaloo.

“Scootaloo,” Flam yelled. “I thought we told you that we hadn’t tried it out on Pegasi.”

“I know.” Scootaloo replied, “ I went back and drank eight bottles and now look! LOOK what I can do!”

“Scootaloo, the formula has only been proven to work on earthbound ponies. We never made one for pegasi because Pegasi can fly..well…most of them. Where did you even GET it from, anyways?”

“I drank it out of all those fancy bottles on the table!”

“Those glass bottles?”

“Yes! Those pretty glass ones!”

“Hmm..” Flim says as he looks at his brother.

“That wasn’t the potion.” Flam admits.

Scootaloo’s heart sank. “What do you mean? What was in those bottles?”

“Water.” Flim states firmly.

Dash and Fluttershy looked at each other, then at Scootaloo, who stood perfectly still and didn’t move a muscle. She fell through the cloud and quickly plunged downward toward the ground.

Scootaloo landed in a bush, and everyone flew in around her. She pulled herself out , shook herself off and when she did, her fur and feathers went flying off her body. She came out of the bush looking like a plucked chicken.


"Scootaloo!" Dash exclaimed,"Look!" Scootaloos flank started to tingle, and low and behold .. A cutie mark was appearing!!


"I've never seen one actually come in before!" Fluttershy said. They all watched in awe as the glistening mark appeared.


"What IS it?" Dash asked.


Scootaloo brushed her hoof over it. It was a leg... A cooked chicken leg