• Published 15th Jul 2015
  • 482 Views, 4 Comments

Satisfaction Guaranteed - Zurvan



When the Flim Flam brothers return to Ponyville with a tonic that actually works expected things happens.

  • ...
3
 4
 482

Satisfaction Guaranteed

Satisfaction Guaranteed
By: Zurvan

Scootaloo stands on her scooter, small wings buzzing propelling her along as she navigates the streets of Ponyville. She pulls up to Sugar Cube Corner and gets off her scooter leaning it against the wall as she does. She goes to the door and sees something she's never seen before. "Closed!" She exclaims. "How can they be closed?"

She turns around to ask if somepony has the time and that's when she realizes that the streets are empty. "Where is everypony?" She asks herself as she climbs back on her scooter. "I'll go see if Sweetie's home. She'll know what's going on, after all her sister keeps up with all the town's gossip."

So Scootaloo buzzes over to Carousel Boutique only to find it too closed. "This is strange, the only time that I've seen everything closed like this is..." She gasps. "It must be cider day!"

Scootaloo quickly turns her scooter the proper direction and sets off as fast as her wings will take her. When she gets there she sees a long line of ponies just like she expected, but it was who was standing at the table that surprised her.

"Flim, Flam and Trixie products are pleased to offer you it's latest revolution: Flight Tonic!" Flim says.

"That's right brother. Using Cloud Flowers and a few other ingredients which are all plainly listed on the board we've created a tonic that will allow the ordinary pony to fly!" Flam claims.

"Just to prove we're not here to cheat anypony we're offering a double your money back guarantee!" Flim says.

"That's right!" Trixie, looking more robust than the last time they'd seen her, says as she leans against Flim ever so slightly. "If our tonic doesn’t make you fly we'll give you double your money back!"

"So who here will be the first to try out new tonic?" Flam asks.

"Me! Me!" Apple Bloom says as she jumps to be seen.

"Well, that does seem fair." Flim says. "After all you did let us set up on your farm."

"In that case this one is on us." Flam says as he pushes a cup of tonic towards Apple Bloom.

Apple Bloom takes the tonic and drinks it down. The crowd goes quiet as they wait to see what happens. "I feel kinda funny." Apple Bloom says.

"That's normal." Flim says. "Just wait for it."

Just like that Apple Bloom suddenly starts to come off the ground. "Check it out!" Apple Bloom flies up a bit.

"Take it slowly." Flam warns. "Duration varies."

"Gotcha." Apple Bloom says as she flies around a couple feet off the ground.

"Who else wants some?" Flim asks.

The crowd cheers. "Alright, no more free samples. 10 bits apiece, please keep an orderly line."

Scootaloo quickly gets into the line. She watches as pony after pony drink the potion and then fly around. She sees her friend Sweetie Belle take to the air with Apple Bloom. That's when the two realize she's in line and fly over. "Hey Scootaloo." Sweetie Belle says.

"What's it like?" Scootaloo asks.

"It's awesome!" Sweetie answers.

"We finally understand why you been trying to fly for so long." Apple Bloom says

"I know." Scootaloo says. "I can't wait my turn."

"We'll be waiting for ya " Apple Bloom says as the two of them fly off.

Scootaloo waits patiently and when it's finally her turn she walks up to the table and puts her bits on the table. "I'd like to try it please."

Flim and Flam look at her confused then finally Flim speaks up. "But you're a pegasus."

"Why would you want our tonic?" Flam asks.

"I may be a pegasus, but I can't fly." Scootaloo answers. "Your tonic let's ponies fly so I want some."

Flim and Flam look at each other unsure when Trixie steps forward. "If she wants to buy some let her have some."

Flim sighs. "I guess I can't argue with my wife." He pours some tonic in a cup.

"I don't see what the big deal is." Scootaloo says as she drinks the tonic. "I've seen all these other ponies drink this stuff and they are fine."

"The problem is that we've never tested it on a pegasus before." Flam says. "So we have no idea what will happen next."

Scootaloo looks down at the empty cup. "Now you tell me."