• Published 29th Feb 2016
  • 1,585 Views, 13 Comments

Crimson Victoria - hollowsbest



My name is Seras Victoria. And I'm a vampire.

  • ...
5
 13
 1,585

Prologue

I'll visit every comic con once. That's my motto, but I don't think I'll be returning from this one any time soon.

Hi! My name is Vickie, Vickie Simmons. Or at least, I was.
I visited comic cons, doing stage performances in cosplay. I'd like to think I'm a great voice mimicker, I can easily switch from light fae-like tones to a gritty rumble; thankfully, I got to keep my little trick.

That was my past life, the one I had before all this... Mess, I find myself in.
It all started in Sydney, at Supanova Pop Culture Expo.


"Aww yeah! Third comic con this year, I'm on a roll!" I gleefully said, pumping a fist in the air.
I wasn't inside, so I wasn't in character.

"You're gonna hurt yourself one day Vick, running around the world like a crazy person." My buddy Don said.
"Ha! Yeah right, how could one get hurt at a comic con?"
"Sword, spears, weapons of all sorts are in there."

"They're not allowed in, you have to have them safe and less than one meter long."
"Yeah, yeah. I know. And anyways, you'll be careful; right?"
"Like you should be talking, seeing who you are."

"Like I really have his powers. Boo!" Dom laughed, I grinned.

Dom and I had a regular yearly thing where we each would decide on one obsession and go to Supanova as the main male and female roles, or antagonists, or background people. It all depended.

While I travelled the world, going to all sorts of different comic cons; Dom would stay behind in Sydney, which is his home. And he couldn't really do what I do.

This year, Dom and I were going as Alucard and Seras Victoria respectively.
We both organised our own costumes, and if one of us couldn't get something in time; the other got it for them.
I nearly forgot my cannon, but Dom got it just in time.

"You got the voice down?"
"As close as I can be, you?"
"Yep!" I replied, my voice easily switching to a copy of Seras'.

It was by now, we had reached the front gates.

"Onwards Mi'lady."
"You're in character once we get inside, okay?"
"Yeah, I know."


Half an hour later we were in and had already taken a few photos with some Hellsing fans, we headed to the stalls. Dom wanted to grab a few Con-Only items, I was tagging along to see what was there.

After a few minutes I spotted a stall with Seras' red uniform, I stared at it; debating on whether or not to approach, it was probably way out of my budget. I had been planning going as her when she was fully fledged, but changed my mind at the last minute. I then spotted a pair of red vampirish contacts near the outfit, I immediately went over. Red contacts were incredibly useful.

"Hello stranger." The vendor said, I nodded in greeting.
"Hi, how much are those lenses?" I asked, forgetting to stop mimicking Seras' voice.
"For you? Twenty-five, interesting talent by the way." He replied.
"Only twenty-five? Awesome! Oh, and thanks. It's not often I get complementing on the mimicking skills." I replied with a grin. I passed over twenty-five bucks and picked up the lenses, I placed them in my pocket to put in later.

I headed back to Dom with a grin.

"Hey Dom! I just got these awesome contacts, I'm gonna go put them in. I'll meet up with you around nine-ish at the SAO voice actors panel?"
He glanced at me.
"Kay Vick, see ya then. Make sure not forget the cannon!" He said with a grin.
I nodded.
"Bitches love cannons." I added, a larger grin on my face.

We shared a laugh.
"Seeya then Seras."
"Same to you Alucard."

I left and headed to the toilets, it was fairly easy to avoid the crowds by sticking to the shadows.

I pushed open the door and walked in, it was a generic girl's toilets. I was happy to see there was a large wall-length mirror.
I walked over to it and pulled out my new contacts, I got one onto my finger and opened my right eye with my left hand. I stared at the ceiling and resisted to blink as I lowered it onto my eye.

After it was safely off my finger and righted my head and blinked a few times, letting it settle. I felt a little dizzy but ignored the feeling, I got the other lens onto my left index finger and held open my left eye. I gently lowered the lens onto my eyes and then blinked a few times, I felt both lenses settle and glanced in the mirror.

I grinned, letting my fangs show.
"Perfect." I muttered, closing the lids of the contact case and sticking it in my pocket.

I turned and took a step towards the door, I nearly ended up face-grounding. I grabbed the side of the bench, avoiding what could have become a broken nose or worse. Straightening up I took another step, only staying standing because of my tight grip on the bench.

A few moments later my vision started blurring and I struggled to stay standing, a few moments after that I fell into a blank nothingness.