• Published 19th Jul 2015
  • 956 Views, 75 Comments

A Timber for a Wolf (Comment-driven) - Solarkness



In the horde, there is a timberwolf. He is a leader, to be exact. But how did he get that far? This is his story and quest. (Comment-driven)

  • ...
3
 75
 956

An Apple for a Loosa

Hard Cider's Comment

" . . . . . . Oh my. She must have been knocked unconscious. Who would do suc-" A familiar weight on you back makes itself known as you find the Great-sword wedged between a plate and a pauldron. You must have clocked her while looking around with your sword moving as you took in your surrounding.

Looking away from the culprit on your shoulder, you turn your head to look back to the unconscious filly laying there on the floor. Though the filly did attempt to 'eat you' (with you being 'one' with your armor), you can't help but feel guilty for knocking her senseless with your massive sword. The festering feeling inside you intensifies as you observe her still form.

She looks slightly malnourished with her skin stretching slightly pass a few ribs. Her coat is also grimy right under her tattered cloak... *sigh*, this is worse than that time I accidentally 'killed' a baby Phoenix, but with the possibility of mare-slaughter. This filly is owed an apology for my transgression. Perhaps I could-

You hear a set of hooves trying, and failing, to sneak towards you. You wait for them to draw closer as you faux interest in the unconscious filly, so you can disable them, maybe kill them if needed.

Feeling a weight press against your neck guard, the surprisingly high pitched voice of your muggers speaks: "Hooves in the air where i can-"

You cut off your would be muggers by deftly knocking a levitated knife out of the mugger's grip to the side with one paw, and swing your sword mere inches away from his face.


Hidden perk revealed: One with the weapon, one with the armor
I know I said you had to use the weapon like an extension of yourself, but this is going too far!
-You are able to swing your weapons much faster, and do normally impossible sword-feats for even unicorns trained in levitation easily
-You gain a level in badassery when fighting with melee-weapons and are able to accomplish very hard tasks


To your shock, you nearly decapitated a pair of foals. To their surprise, you had disarmed them of their only means of defense along with your sword being uncomfortably too close. Seconds that feel like years pass. Finally, out of shock, the foals bleat like goats and tip over with their hooves twitching in the air, knocked unconscious from surprise and fear. You sigh as you sheath your sword, wondering what your should do with the trio of filthy, malnourished foals.

I can't just let them lie here... argh, by Gaea, why do I have to be so good-hearted? Is it too much to ask for being a complete jackass at times? They'll have to come with me on the journey... poor folks don't look like they have anyone who can care for them.

Giving into your guilt, you look for a way to take them with you, and after some searching of your pockets you find out that the pockets of the red cloak are much larger in the inside than they are on the outside. For now you stuff them inside, seeing how you don't want to look like a foalnapper, but still want to keep them with you.

Feeling like doing a heroically heroic hero's act of heroism, you will one of your cloaks to perpetually billow heroically in the non-existing wind in a heroic way. Minutes into you trek you can feel the loneliness in your chest slowly diminish in size.

With or without their consent, you feel as if your all one big happy pack/herd.

This sure has been an eventful day, and it's not even past noon! From realising I love beards to becoming packless, then searching for the mysterious newspaper, at this you pat the pocket you keep the newspaper in, and finding out trains are the worst demonic tartarus-spawn of balefire there is, to being a hopefully-soon-to-be-Gaeasent for three foals.

You can feel a smile make its way across your face. "As the saying goes, 'The journey beats the destination'."


Perk gained: Billowing Magnificence
It may seem basically useless to most of you, but it makes for a nice conversation-piece. And you don't want to miss it when you really need it.
-Bodily hair, leafs, clothing. You can will them to move to a non-existing wind so you may appear more charismatic (+25 Charisma while active). That and boost your swager-asity (+10 Swag and +10 Handsomity while active)
-It can also provide some shade for days when its hot as balls.


After hours of of walking, you finally made your way to a trading hub.

You were just about to enter the market, when...

Pentakill Apocalypse's Comment

Wait, is that a weapons-store? Can I get the newest inventions of mass-destruction TODAY?

Happily, you barge in before reading what the store actually sells, and once inside...

"Um, sorry, but you are the shopkeeper, right?", you ask the stallion behind the counter, prompting him to ask you how you knew that.

You chuckle at that, and tell him: "Because you set up the wrong sign. You won't sell your pies to people looking for weapons, and people looking for pies go into a bakery. There is no way you could ever afford a shop-assistant, so you have to sell it... OUCH!"

Unfortunately for you, the shopkeeper (weaponsmith? Piesmith!) is a lame unfunny two-horseshoes and kicks you out. He is about to go back in, when he sees another stallion, who upon closer inspection was more a teenager, and tells him: "Ah, I've been waiting for you. Please, go get the home improvement guy. I've been waiting for a delivery that is late..."

You ignore them as you enter the marketplace, all the people looking at you in awe of your magnificent armor.

SnapDrakeGames' Comment

As you look around, just now realising you have no money, a persistent shopkeeper tries to sell you apples.

"My family grows the best apples in all of Equestria! Not convinced? Here, try a bite!", at this he gives you a freebie, which you happily accept before making sure to vanish into the crowd from him.

"Eh, stupid seller, I friggin' hate apples!", you mutter to yourself. Suddenly, you feel like a thousand glares pierce your soul, and as you look around you see a few glares of ponies with apple-based cutiemarks glaring at you, and others looking surprised at you.

You don't feel very comfortable drawing all those stares, so you quickly bolt out of there.

Once secure in a side-street, you store the apple separate from the two fillies and the colt for them to eat later.

BrownDog77's Comment

On the main-street right next to you you see a sultry looking redmaned mare with a cherry for a cutiemark.She is loading up a wagon with baskets of cherries.

"I can't believe we're one stallion short. Are you sure you boys can handle the load with one less hoof?" she asks the stallions hooked up to the saddle.

"Well it will be tough ma'am, but not unreasonable. It may take a few more hours to get there."

"Oh, but these orders are already late as it is. Is there no other big strong stallions in this...hey you sir!" she shouts at you, just as you were about to sneak away.

You look around, hoping she had tried to get someone else to work than you, before gulping and asking: "Me?"

"Yes you! Please, we could use your help.", she tells you.

I don't want to help them, that would be work! And a distraction from my search... I know! If I act as if I don't understand her I could get out of this.

"With what?"

"You think you could help these fine gentlemen pull my wagon to Manehattan?"

Uh... DANGER ABORT DANGER ABORT. *mental sigh* How could I get out of this? I know, I just tell her I can't do that.

"Umm...I don't think..."

"I'll pay you 750 bits,"

"Which way is Manehattan?!" you say as you hook yourself up.

By Gaea, with that much money I wouldn't have to worry about feeding the foals for a while!


Hidden perk revealed: Endless stamina
Yeah, right. He's the spirit of chaos, of course he won't get exhausted! All spirits are unable to become exhausted, yes, that includes timberwolves, but back to the topic...
-Your stamina does not get lower
-After a long while awake, your Aether begins to weaken until you fall unconcious or sleep
-Endurance +50


Wow, that race really took a toll on them. Tch, they thought they could show off, but not under my watch!

"Thank you very much. We just made it in time!", the mare, who you know now to be Cherry Jubilee, told you before giving you your money.

You run off into the city, trying to find a market so you can feed your foals, not even saying goodbye.

I have to wash my clothes soon, they are getting sweaty and begin to stink... Wait, what am I thinking? Of course I want my natural timberwolf-scent back if possible, and that the shows they belong to me!

You feel something moving in your pockets, so you take the foals out, partially hoping they would know where to go. But after taking them out of the pockets, and giving them the apple, they...

What do they do?

Author's Note:

Hard Cider, I hereby proclaim you 'I love you too in a non-gay-way'!

I've got to ask you some questions, please reply in the comment-section:

1. Should we name each disguise? And if yes:
1a. What is the name of the Shaman's cloak?
1b. What is the name of the Red Monkey Cloak?
I know that will sound like I am an asshole, but... I already decided to name the Abyss Knight the Abyss Knight, I hope you are not too mad :fluttercry: The picture is called that after all :derpytongue2: I decided before one of you gets the idea to turn yourself ( the Timberwolf ) into a travelling charity for abandoned foals, actually that would be pretty cool, you should atleast let the first three foals have some spotlight. The next chapter should have a great focus on them and you.
2. Does the Abyss Knight have runes engraved / the powers of Artorias?
That second question is more for you, haven't played Dark Souls as of now. It would be pretty cool, but at the same time... I'm not sure. I might decide to go against the decision of you later on, but it should help me decide...
3. Is it okay for me to call you the Lifeforce?
Meaning you are the energy that keeps him animated, or the Force of Life deciding what happens...