• Published 22nd Jan 2016
  • 442 Views, 3 Comments

To Be Young And Jealous - bestponydash



Rarity is having a date with a handsome stallion and Spike will do whatever it takes to make sure it's a disaster.

  • ...
7
 3
 442

NNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Everypony in Ponyville knows that Spike the dragon has a ginormous crush on the most elegant and marshmallow-resembling mare in town. Even Rarity herself figured it out. However, many underestimate just how strong Spike's feelings are. The thought of her and a stallion together sickened Spike to his very core; he just couldn't let such a thing happen. Fortunately for him, he had never seen Rarity in a relationship or even heard of her having a date. Because of this he slept well every night and had no worries during the day.

Today was no different; Spike awoke, hid his Rarity doll under his blanket, and hopped out of bed. As he rose to his feet, his arms stretched far apart and he let out a large yawn. He rubbed his face in an attempt to banish his morning weariness. His face felt crusty and dirt-covered so he quickly walked to the bathroom to freshen up. When he emerged there was a strange noise, like somepony was in the throne room. He tried to listen but all he was able to make out was mumbling, and the occasional giggle. However, he could confirm that there were two voices. Spike quickly looked at the closest clock he could find. "Seven o'clock," he read aloud, "That's seems early for company, even for us."

Out of curiosity, Spike started to make his way to the throne room, instead of the library where he usually starts his morning chores. As he walked, the voices grew louder and clearer until he could completely understand what was being said. "You must be pretty excited," one voice said.

"Twilight? Who's she talking to?" Spike asked himself.

"Oh Twilight, you haven't the slightest idea!"

"Huh? Is that...?" Spike's footsteps quickened until he finally turned the corner into the throne room. There, his suspicions were confirmed. There sat the organized book-pony, Twilight, and.... Spike's eyes widened and his legs gave way, just like every other time he gave witness to the beautiful, the elegant, the smart, and the trustworthy....Rarity.

He stood at the far end of the room, the ponies had not seemed to noticed him yet. Before approaching, Spike took a quick glance at himself, "Scales seem to be in order, eyes free of any morning gunk, breath as fresh as can be." He was ready.

He began his journey to her, his love, his everything. Soon enough his footsteps were heard and Twilight and Rarity both turned their heads. "Well look who's up," Twilight said in a joking tone. The comment didn't reach Spike's ears, he was too mesmerized.

"Look at the way she smiles; those eyes, that hair, it's all perfect!" Spike thought, his mind running wild. He eventually made his way to her and stood by the side of her throne, "Good morning Rarity."

Rarity smiled at the young dragon, "Why, good morning, Spiky."

"So what are you doing here? I-I mean it's not like I don't want you here. I mean you're always welcome here anytime, day or night. I-I mean...uh," Spike began to sweat and was talking faster than he had ever before.

Twilight gave Spike a stern look, "Spike, down," she commanded. The dragon lowered his smile and glared at Twilight with an irritated expression. Rarity giggled as Spike slowly walked to Twilight's side. "Rarity and I were just talking about something."

Spike's curiosity got the better of him, "What was it?"

Twilight looked to Rarity nervously, "Um...it was-"

"Nothing you need worry yourself with, Spiky," Rarity interrupted.

Spike was once again taken in by Rarity's charm, "Oh, okay," he mindlessly said.

"Now don't you have something you should be doing?"

Spike followed every word that came out of her perfect mouth, "Yes mam." Spike obeyed Rarity with every inch of his body and left to complete his chores. The two ponies stayed in the throne room and continued to talk and laugh.

The day began to pass but Spike finally finished cleaning the castle. He wiped his brow, put away his broom and apron, and rubbed his hands together in anticipation of the rest of the day. "What to do now?" he asked himself. "I know!" So Spike ran to the front doors and quickly pushed them open. The cool breeze soothed his tired body. He felt anxious to start his day.

And what better way for Spike to start his day than to go and see Rarity! So off he ran, twisting and turning street corners until he finally had Carousel Boutique in his sights. His face lit up and a large smile lay spread across his face. He zoomed to the front door and knocked, swaying back and forth with joy. He could hear hoof steps coming towards him.

Finally the knob turned, Spike's eyes widened. "Rarity?!" But to his surprise and disappointment, the pony on the other end when the door swung open was a small white filly with a pink and light purple mane.

"Oh, hi Spike,"Sweetie Belle smiled. Spike's eyes returned to their natural state and his perked ears slightly dropped.

"Oh," he said with a low voice, "it's you."

Sweetie Belle turned her head and smirked, "Yeah, it's me."

"Is Rarity home?"

Sweetie Belle put her hoof on her chin and thought, "No, she said she had to go into town to get some things so she would be ready for tonight."

Spike's ears shot back up "tonight? What's tonight? She didn't say anything to me, and I know it's not her birthday." He wondered what was so important that she would run to get ready without even telling her favorite dragon and obvious lifelong love. "Where is she now?"

"I don't know. But she said not to let any pony bother her."

"What? She doesn't want to be bothered. Even by me! She always loves when I visit her." Spike had to know what was going on. But what was he to do? She didn't want any visitors. "Think. Think!" But then he got an idea: "Twilight! Her and Rarity were talking this morning. She's got to know what's going on."

So Spike quickly said goodbye to Sweetie Belle and ran home to interrogate his book-pony caretaker. He sprinted, running as fast as his tiny legs would let him. When he reached the castle he burst through the doors, "Twilight?"

"In here," said a faint voice in the distance.

Spike began to run once more, but then he remembered something. "Wait a minute. 'Rarity and I were just talking about something. Um...it was....' " Spike had remembered this morning and knew Twilight would not give up the info willingly. "I'm gonna have to trick her." Spike slowed to a nonchalant pace to throw off any suspicions Twilight may have. When he reached Twilight's room, he peaked in to find that she was sitting at her desk, reading (as usual). "Yes! This is perfect! She's always distracted when she's studying." He slowly approached her, "Uh, Twilight?"

"Hello Spike," she didn't look up.

He continued to advance, "So...what's that you're reading?"

"Just some old accounts from Starswirl's personal collection!" her voice was full of wonder and excitement.

"Haven't you already read those?"

"Only five or six times. So?"

"So what?"

"Did you need something?"

Now was his chance; time to go for the kill. "Not really, I was just wondering what you thought about king Miloe's final journal entries." All that time spent cleaning and sorting Twilight's library wasn't a complete waste of time.

"Spike, anypony could easily see that during his final years, King Miloe of the eastern zebra villages was in a constant struggle to maintain the stability of his lands."

"Of course, of course. By the way do you know where Rarity went?"

"Oh, she's getting ready for her date tonight. Now, when King Miloe mentions the neighboring kingdom to the west it seems as though he- uh....Spike?"

Twilight turned and saw Spike shaking where he stood. His eyes were larger than they had ever been before, his ears were flat against his head, and his jaw was on the ground. Twilight quickly realized what she had done and slammed her hoof to her face, "Uh-oh."

Spiked threw his arms into the air, "NNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!"

Author's Note:

Opinions in the comments :twistnerd: