• Published 3rd Jul 2015
  • 2,377 Views, 32 Comments

Livin' The Dream. - The Joeker



Basilli 'Baz' Francis was just an ordinary boy... at one point... until the fateful day he was left with no family, no friends and no life, jump to: Equestria, where everypony is very happy,and getting along together, with the odd exception of course

  • ...
55
 32
 2,377

Mistakes are always forgivable.

As I felt pressure being put on me by the Night Princess from her magic, I spoke:

"This is how you treat old friends Luna?" I asked.

"You shall refer to me as Princess! and you are no old friend, just an intruder!" she exclaimed.

"Luna! calm-" started Celestia.

"No! he needs to be interrogated before he disappears again!" said Luna, who was sweating and panting from using magic on me.

"Nice try sweet cheeks, but I don't think Loony Luna will listen." I chuckled.

Celestia blushed a little at that.

"Never call us that again fiend! you will respect us! a the Princesses of Equest...ria." she panted.

Suddenly Luna let out a breath and I was let go.

"Answer... our... questions..." panted Luna.

"Ok then... ask away." I said.

"What is your name?" asked Luna.

I stopped.

"That... is not as a simple question as you think..." I said.

"How so?" asked Luna.

"It had been two years in my world... during that time a lot happened..." I said.

"Two years? it had only been weeks here..." said Celestia.

"Well, there you go, my name was Basilli, Basilli Francis, now I am Project Ezekiel, but call me Baz." I said.

"Why 'Project'?" asked Luna.

"While I was gone... things were done to me that made me into something." I said.

"What is that strange helmet you have on that covers your face sometimes?" asked Luna.

"It is a visor, it protects my face from attack." I answered.

"That is enough Luna, surely our visitor wants some rest." smiled Celestia. as Luna started to walk away

"No, I'm fine, I might hop on a train to help Twilight." I said and groaned, gyrating my shoulder and hearing a metallic snapping sound as well as a pop.

"What was that?" asked Celestia, Luna turned around in curiosity and rejoined us.

"Nothing." I answered quickly.

"Please tell me." she said and I saw genuine concern in her eyes, I might regret this but I didn't want lie to her.

"Fine then, when I disappeared from here, I went back to my world... where I died, and like Commander Shepard I was brought back for the good of the galax- sorry, to have experiments done on me, they lasted for two years while I was unconscious, when I woke up, I broke out, I was blown up, a deal was made and now I'm back." I said to cut a long story short.

"I'm... I'm so sorry, what experiments were done?" asked Celestia.

I retracted my suit to reveal my clothed body.

"I'm half human, half machine, I have cybernetic implants, I have enhanced strength, agility, speed and dexterity, as well as other things." I answered.

"Why is that bad?" asked Luna.

"I was dead, I should've stayed that way, it wasn't natural for me to have lived, I lost my legs for Gods sake and they brought them back!" I exclaimed.

"Your legs? but they-" started Celestia.

"Are all cybernetic, they aren't organic." I said.

"I... I'm sorry." she said, Luna simply walked away.

"Those scientists bringing me back was a mistake, I'm a mistake..." I said and turned away.

"Mistakes are always forgivable." smiled Celestia and put a wing around my shoulder... maybe... but the mistake these scientists have made now is keeping me alive...

"I do not need or require your pity... but thanks anyway Celestia." I said, I noticed how pretty she looked with a smile...

"You are welcome, now here is some bits for the train, I will take what you owe from the bag you left last time you were here." said Celestia and walked away, and i couldn't help but stare at those flanks... I turned away and shook my head... damn thoughts.

I walked away and prepared to view Canterlot for the first time, the scientists must have made these gold pistols then and got me new Zeniths.

I was just a machine to them, an instrument of war, a tool to be brought out whenever they felt the need.

Bastards, the lot of them.

I'm sure there will be some good ones, but they will be few and far between.

If I ever get my hands on them, they'll wish they never brought me back...

They better have not survived that blast or I'll make them wish they didn't...

I approached the door and took a breath, activating my camo just in case, can't be too careful.

I pushed open the doors and took a breath at the amazing sight before me, it was magnificent!

Tall building, bustling with life... and then there was the nobles... stuck up pricks in this world as well, maybe a few decent ones.

As I stalked the streets of Canterlot I watched life go on around me, a jewellers in the street... a fresh produce market, life looked to be swell.

I saw Pegasi, Unicorn and Earth pony alike, some noble, some poor, some ponies in between, all carrying on with life as usual, it reminded me of Earth, when my brother and I would go to the market and buy things, always discussing something or another along the way, making each other laugh... I miss him...

I stopped dwelling and headed to the station, reappearing in the empty section marked 'Crystal Empire' with a line through it, obviously disused until now.

I went to the ticket office and put some bits on the counter and ticket was placed down, I took it without question and boarded the empty train, going to see what I can do to help the girls.