• Published 2nd Jul 2015
  • 850 Views, 21 Comments

Phantom War V: Dawning of Darkness - Danny Eclipse



Danny and Charming, now united, decided to face the enemy together as one. However, they must face against several different things, like the Lord of the Vamponies. Can they stop the Dawning of Darkness forever?

  • ...
4
 21
 850

Calamitous Returns: Crystal Temple Returns

A few days after the meeting, I was at the Crystal Temple. I was looking through the graveyard, hoping to find the long dead body of Calamitous. I arrived to the graveyard, smiling. I was alone with no one but myself with a mobile pod. I arrived to a tombstone and read it with a smile.

Here lies Calamitous

I used my ghost powers to dive into the grave and came back up with the dead general’s body.

“Calamitous…killed by my own brother. You shall rise again but under my control this time.”

I put the dead body into the capsule and began to make my way to my ship. When I arrived, I began to change my course to head to Ponyville.


My shuttle had landed and I took the capsule that had the body inside it. The capsule prevented anyone from seeing what was inside. I arrived to my house, which looked like a mansion, and I took the capsule to the basement. I put the dead body inside a healing pod and I needed to ready myself. Until then, I left to meet with Charming to retake the Crystal Temple that was abandon since Slade’s existence. Before I left, I looked at the dead general and smiled darkly.

“Soon…you will be reborn as a new pony, General Grievous: Supreme Military Commander of the Phantom Consortium. But I am missing something else…an A.I. that can be used under complete loyalty. But who-”

I got an idea and smiled as left the basement and headed up to the Soulless One and began to head over to the Crystal Empire to where Charming and the squad of reinforcements will await for us.


My fighter arrived to the Crystal Empire and I landed on a landing platform. When I did, I got out and met with Charming and Cadance. I came over to them, hugged Cadance and hoof bumped Charming. We began to walk towards the castle.

“So, how shall we reclaim it?” I asked

Charming replied “Well, after I supposedly eradicated the treacherous knights, I think some draconequus from Slade’s old force had retreated here for refuge. I’ve prepared a fleet to retake the temple.”

“I have an idea for them. We can hand them over to the changelings.” I said

Cadance asked “Why?”

“We can strengthen our alliance with the changelings this way. Also, I think Charming promised draconequus prisoners but never did fulfill the promise, I think…”

We got inside and began to make preparation of the attack.

Charming said “I’ve been in the temple before and you haven’t Danny. So, if we are taking prisoners, we need a team who can use stun blasters and won’t get killed easily.”

“I got some boys who didn’t die and were under my command during the Lunar Wars: Varilar, Thedrilith, and Lumylar. They will help us on the mission.” I said with confidence.

Charming nodded in response.

Charming said “Alright. Me, you, and your three other members will handle this operation with care.”

I nodded and went to call the three to them.


A shuttle landed on one of the Crystal Temple Landing Platforms. We came out of the shuttle and began to advance to the doors. Varilar was a Pegasus Pony; yellow coat with some red war paint markings on him. He had black mane and tail, his eyes were emerald green. His CM was a Shield and sword with a few drops of blood on the shield. Thedrilith was a Unicorn Pony; green coat, yellow mane and tail, his eye color was teal, and his CM was a cauldron with some elixirs around the cauldron. Finally was Lumylar, she was a changeling. Lumylar had black chitin but her shell, eye color, and wing color was pink.

“Let’s get moving.”

I pulled out a blaster and handed it to Charming. He took it and I took out twin blaster pistols.

“Remember: Stun only, no killing.” I ordered.

They nodded and we went inside.


We got inside and began to move in the shadows. Sure enough, we spot some draconequuses. I got behind them and stun the two together. Lumylar used her changeling spit and goo them to the ground, unable to move. We kept going and began to look around and hardly seen any action around.

Varilar said “I’m getting a bad feeling about this, sir.”

“Me too. It’s almost too quiet for comfort.”

Charming added “We need to press forward.”

I nodded and we began to press on.


We managed to run into some more draconequus and we found a secret chamber. We went inside and saw something different. A pony, an argonian, a spectral shadow, and a draconequus.

The Pony said in a dark voice “My master wishes to have the remaining draconequuses to join our cause.”

The Draconequus replied “We will join you if we get our revenge against Charming Thunder!”

The Argonian declared “The Argonians will back you up. We had no love for Equestria.”

The pony replied “Lord Harkon will be pleased to hear this.”

I almost gasped. Charming noticed my gesture and I grew an angry expression. So, Harkon was back and he is behind this. I came out of the shadows but motion the others to stay hidden. They see me and stood ready but the pony stopped them and kneeled.

The pony said, honestly surprised and shocked “Prince Danny, you have come…”

“Identified yourself Vampony.”

The Pony replied “Messenger Harper, my liege.”

Argonian demanded “Who is he!?”

Harper replied sharply “He is Nightmare Moon’s son and heir to the Vampony Throne!”

The other representatives gasped in shock and kneeled to me. I kept a calm head and held the authority.

“You mention Harkon, am I to understand that my mother’s 2nd in command is alive?” I asked.

Harper replied “Yes, my lord. We thought you turned your back against us.”

“No I haven’t. I never knew that I held relationships to Nightmare Moon until recently when I discovered of my fangs. I’ve already had my first blood and I have a mate.”

Harper was shocked to hear the news and replied in a cheer “That-That’s wonderful news, my lord!”

“Harper, who are these representatives?” I asked, eying the other creatures with curiousity.

The Argonian greeted “My name is Scales, leader of the Argonian Tribes.”

The Spectral Shadow greeted “They call me Doom…”

The Draconequus greeted “My name is Red Claw.”

“Pleasure to meet you all.” I replied to them.

Harper declared “The Argonian and Spectral Shadow Empires have joined the Vampony Empire. The Draconequus have joined us just now.”

“Excellent. Head out but do not tell Harkon of my appearance here. Charming, my foolish brother, thinks I’m with him to the end. I’ll pass information on their movements but I want you to keep me informed on Harkon’s movements.”

Harper replied with glory “Yes sir! The Vampony Era will come at last!”

I gave a false smiled and they left, but Red Claw remained behind. I pulled out a pistol and stunned Red Claw and he fell to the ground. Charming and the others came out, awestruck on what just happened.

“Sorry for any insults Charming. I needed to make it look real. At least we now have an informant on the Vampony Side. But now we have to wage war with the Spectral Shadows and Argonians.”

Charming said “We need to finish up and tell the princesses immediately.”

“We just got out of a war and we go into a more global war now.”

Charming joked “No rest for the wicked?”

I laugh with Charming and we began to finish the rest of the draconequuses in the temple.


We waited for the Changeling Prison Ship and it came. Meta and Chrysalis came down to see us.

Chrysalis asked “What do you want and why did you tell us to bring a prison ship?”

“We were hoping to strengthen our alliance with each other by giving you a new love source.”

I pointed towards the door and an army of chained draconequuses came out. Chrysalis and Meta eyed them widely and smiled.

Meta said with glee “Consider our alliance strengthen, King Charming and Emperor Danny.”

I smiled as a group of Changelings began to board the slaved draconequuses and we watched as they left.

“Now that is out of the way, time to discuss with the princesses.” I said to Charming.

Author's Note:

That is it for this chapter.