• Published 2nd Jul 2015
  • 850 Views, 21 Comments

Phantom War V: Dawning of Darkness - Danny Eclipse



Danny and Charming, now united, decided to face the enemy together as one. However, they must face against several different things, like the Lord of the Vamponies. Can they stop the Dawning of Darkness forever?

  • ...
4
 21
 850

The Showdown: Light and Dark vs. Nightmare

I was in a Mediation Chamber, mediating and thinking of our next move. Grievous and Soundwave was with me, we were thinking of our next move.

“We can’t attack Nightmare Moon without hurting Nyx. We need a way to purge her existence and that cursed glove of hers, forever. But how can we do that!?”

A voice replied “Perhaps I can offer you some assistance in that quest?”

We looked and see Vanguard and Serana, and on Vanguard’s back was 20 Sunhallowed Elven Arrow and with those was Auriel's Bow.

“Agent Vanguard, you’re back with Auriel’s Bow! But, why didn’t you-“

Serana replied “It’s my fault. I told him that we should surprise you by coming back with the bow in person instead of calling back.”

Vanguard added “Now that we have the bow and elder scrolls, we have the element of surprise now. Auriel's Bow can help us defeat our enemies. Harkon and Nightmare Moon are creatures of darkness; the arrows will make them weak to fight us.”

“Will the arrows…”

Serana explained “They explode into holy light once the target is hit from Auriel's Bow.”

I sigh in relief. Now we have the advantage to stopping Nightmare Moon in her tracks and freeing Nyx.

“Soundwave, contact Twilight and Charming and tell them to head to the Hanger bay. We have a weapon that can defeat Nightmare Moon without spilling bloodshed.”

Soundwave nodded and send a message to Twilight and Charming. I left to head towards the hanger bay.


I was waiting on the landing ramp of a Nu-class attack shuttle. The hanger doors opened, revealing Charming and an angry Twilight. I saw a red mark on Charming’s cheek and tried my best not to laugh. They came to me, an angry Twilight at a loss of patience.

Twilight shouted in anger “Why did you call us here Danny Eclipse and it better be good!!”

‘Somepony’s mad…’ I thought before replying. “Thanks to my Consortium Agent’s work and Harkon’s daughter taking our side, they had brought back to us; Auriel's Bow.”

Twilight demanded “What’s so important about some stupid bow!?”

“Watch your mouth, Twilight Sparkle. Celestia herself crafted this bow and provided 20 Sunhallowed arrows. This bow and the arrows can weaken creatures of darkness, like Nightmare Moon and Harkon.”

Charming and Twilight gasped at the explanation, letting me to grin.

“The presence of Nyx inside Nightmare Moon makes to one hundred percent that we cannot kill her. The Sunhallowed arrows combined with Auriel's Bow can make the arrows explode, unleashing holy light and defeating creatures of darkness. When Nightmare Moon is down, we can end the nightmare…peacefully. So here is the plan: I’ll be the one using the bow against Nightmare Moon. While I do that, you two will be dealing with Nightmare Moon. Keep her distracted; don’t let her focus on me.”

They cheered and went inside. As I passed Charming, I whispered in his ear.

“She didn’t take the news well, did she?” I whispered.

Charming nodded and I left to head to the cockpit and began to pilot the ship. We began to head to Canterlot.


Our ship arrived and we landed on a nearby free zone from sight. I lower the platform to the cockpit and got off. Twilight and Charming got off their seats and we went to the landing ramp and went down it. It was night outside, not surprising, so we dashed through the darkness. We got inside the city with ease and we began to head into Canterlot Castle. There were a lot of guards but thanks to my invisibility, we got past them like taking candy from a baby. We got into the throne room and we see no Shadow Guards but we do see Nightmare Moon and Spell Nexus. We came out of the shadows and I used a spell to prevent anyone from escaping or getting into the throne room, both physical and magical. We looked at Nightmare Moon, who was surprised to see us.

Nightmare said “I’m surprised you three have returned. I must say, your here sooner than expected.”

“Nightmare Moon, your reign of tyranny ends here and now.”

Nightmare Moon gets up and activates her lightsaber. It was blue crystal with a white core. Charming and Twilight activated their lightsabers and I began to run towards the wall and began to walk on it.

Nightmare said coldly “Now this is between you and me now, Charming and Twilight.”

Charming shouted “We know who you are; Nyx!”

Nightmare looked surprised but didn’t last long. She readies herself.

Nightmare shouted “I’ll defeat you! I’m not Nyx! I’m Nightmare Moon!”

I pulled out Auriel's Bow and a Sunhallowed Arrow and ready the arrow. Nightmare surrounded herself in a magic shield and began to fire lightning bolts at the couple. They dodged and Charming fired a lightning bolt at the shield, shattering it briefly. Just enough time for me to fire the arrow. I did and it hit Nightmare before exploding in holy light. Nightmare screamed by the holy light and fell to the ground. I began to move again and Spell Nexus looks at me and begins to fire magic bolts at me. I dodged them and I glared at him. I created 10 clones of me and we scattered, confusing on who is the real me. Spell Nexus continue to fire magic bolts at me. Nightmare got back up but felt incredibly weak so she began to rally her energy to the moon. She began to glow blue and black at the same time. Charming noticed and charged, he wanted to stop her but when he hit the energy dome around Nightmare; he was pushed back. I noticed and began to draw the bow and arrow. Spell Nexus kept fire at each clone, destroying them. I was about to fire but Spell Nexus had hit the real me, making me fall to the ground and the remaining clones fusing back into me. I got up, feeling pretty weak. Nightmare was beginning to grow stronger. I growled and my eyes began to glow purple.

“Screw this! I’ll take away the Nightmare myself!”

I began to charge at Nightmare, purple markings began to expand around my body.

Charming shouted, clearly worried “What are you doing brother!? Are you nuts!!”

“I’m protecting and saving my family!” I replied with rage.

I hit the dome and I felt being pushed but I kept pushing against the force. I felt incredible pain as I pushed but I didn’t stop. Nightmare was shocked and increased the pressure. I felt the increase but didn’t stop. I began to reach out to Nightmare’s chest and touched it. My medallion began to glow and the markings began to glow and Nightmare began to have purple markings. She tried to push back but I held my ground. The markings began to expand until her entire being was covered in the markings.

“This is the end of you! Now and forever!!”

We began to glow bright purple. I place my other hoof on her chest and then separated my hooves, splitting Nightmare from Nyx. Nyx was in my left hoof while Nightmare was thrown to the right. She opened her eyes and sees her glove no longer on her hoof. Nyx was still asleep and I looked down to the glove and grabbed it.

“This thing is too dangerous to exist.”

I summoned the Dark Star Saber and stab the blade into the glove, destroying it. Nightmare gasped and I began to feel Nyx beginning to wake up. She opened her eyes and sees me smiling.

“Hey squirt. If you wanted attention, why didn’t you ask your old uncle Danny?”

Nyx hugged me and I hugged her back. I put her down and I got up and looked at Nightmare.

“Nightmare Moon, you have caused too much pain for this land to bear. For your punishment, you are to be sealed within Nyx for eternity, your power to only serve her alone. Nyx, do you wish to bear this demon witch in you for eternity?” I asked for her permission.

Twilight looked worried, Charming was protesting against this action but I ignored him. Nyx looked at Nightmare first before looking at me and nod. My right hoof began to glow and I place it on Nyx’s chest and Nightmare began to glow until she was pulled into Nyx. A seal mark appeared on her chest. I sigh before fainting and the last thing I heard was Nyx calling my name before falling asleep.

Author's Note:

That's all of this chapter. The next chapter will maybe the last of this Phantom War.