• Published 2nd Jul 2015
  • 850 Views, 21 Comments

Phantom War V: Dawning of Darkness - Danny Eclipse



Danny and Charming, now united, decided to face the enemy together as one. However, they must face against several different things, like the Lord of the Vamponies. Can they stop the Dawning of Darkness forever?

  • ...
4
 21
 850

The True Identity of Nightmare Moon

I was in the research labs to talk to our Chief of Science: AZ-3. He had come up with an idea of bringing back the dinosaurs and had already retrieved some samples of Velociraptors and had already begun to recreate them. However, the reason why I was summoned to the Research Lab was because the Velociraptor tried to escape their cell. I left the lab after AZ-3 told me that taming them will take too long, so I needed an expert, Charming. He had Sharple training with Proxy because of current developments. I headed to one of the training rooms where Charming was at. When I arrived, I opened the door and looked inside and sees Charming mediating.

“Excuse me, brother.” I said and Charming opened his eyes and turned to me “There is something urgent to talk to you about.”

Charming said “Come in.”

I nodded and came into the room then sat down in front of Charming, in a mediating stance.

“Our scientists have successfully revived some velociraptors, a dinosaur race before Equestria was made. With them, we can mount them with blasters equipped to them or maybe use their jaws to chew on their victims.”

"And I'm guessing that there is a bad news?" Charming asked.

"Yes. They are going crazy and are trying to break out of here. Twilight told me that you tamed the Predalien after you first met her and her friends. Could you perhaps do it again on them? We couldn't do it without Fluttershy so you are my only option."

Charming replied “I’ll do it.”

I nodded and we got up and left the room, heading to the research labs.


Me and Charming arrived to the research lab as Twilight was monitoring them. There were four velociraptors trying to break through the glass. Charming Thunder had to do something and rushed to the door.

Twilight asked, worried “What are you doing!?”

“Let him go, I know what he’s doing.”

Charming Thunder entered the room with the four raptors. They noticed him and turned their focus on him. They slowly approached him as he used his magic to talk to them. I watched, using the force to channel towards the velociraptors, to help Charming with his plan to talk to them, Charming didn’t notice it but no doubt felt the presence of the force.

"All of you stand down," Charming Thunder said. "Stand down." As he tried to touch one, the raptor tried to bite him and he pulled away his hoof away from its mouth. "Hey! Hey! What did I just say?" They hissed as they continued to slowly approach him. He turned to see the other one coming closer and raised his hoof at him to make him stop as he used his other hoof to stop the other. "Back up!!" The raptor roared and Charming Thunder decided to approach one of them. "It's alright. I don't want to hurt you." He then managed to pet the one in front of them as they begin to calm down. "Good, girl. Good, girl." He turned to the window and looked at Twilight who was worried and me. "They're good." He then exited the room and walked past them.

"Thanks for the help, Charming," Twilight said. "I'll inform you when they are trained and ready."

Charming nodded and left to head back to the mediation chamber. I looked at Twilight when he left.

“I’m needed elsewhere.”

Twilight nodded and I left as well, but not heading to follow Charming, but instead, heading to another mediation chamber.


I was mediating, clearing my mind and trying to think about my last encounter with Nightmare Moon. It made no sense, what was different from Nightmare Moon. During my fight, I felt something familiar with her from within. I felt hate, sadness, even rage…towards Charming and Twilight. I felt despair from her, it made no sense.

“Even in the darkest of people, there is always a reason why there is darkness in one’s heart.” A ghostly voice said.

I opened my eyes and sees Darth Revan.

“What do you mean, master?”

Revan replied “I mean: You felt something from the Dark Side of the Force within Nightmare Moon. If Luna isn’t the host, then who would go to hate and sadness towards Charming and Twilight only?”

“I felt a child’s presence in her…but who-“

Revan disappeared when I felt something from Charming. I felt Yoda’s presence and I smirked. From what I could sense, Charming wanted answers as well. Then I felt a connection there, Charming was planning to head to Twilight’s castle. I got up and began to walk towards Charming’s mediation room. When he left, he saw me approaching him.

“Where are we going?”


We were at the hanger, Charming told me we were going to Twilight’s castle. We were walking towards a XS stock light freighter

"You sure about this?" I asked.

"I must know the truth," Charming Thunder said. "I'm sure you need them too."

I nodded and we walked up the ramp. Once we were seated at the controls, I started the ship up and flew out of the hangar heading straight for Ponyville. From the inside, I felt something bad was going to happen.


Charming Thunder and I arrived at Ponyville and we wore cloaks as we entered the castle. We lowered our hoods and walked down the hallway of the castle. We then entered the security room where there are multiple screens showing where the security cameras are looking at. I went to the buttons and re-winded the security recordings to the day Nightmare Moon returned. Charming Thunder saw something in the bedroom camera.

"Danny, go to the bedroom camera," Charming said.

I nodded and at the same time, I felt great darkness inside that recording. I enlarged the screen for the bedroom and sees Nyx and Nexus in the room talking. Nyx looked like she was crying as Nexus handed her the glove Charming Thunder recognized. An explosion erupted in the room and Nightmare Moon appeared. Charming Thunder's eyes began to tear up as he watched.

‘I knew there was something familiar about Nightmare Moon. My own nephew is my mother…what a twist of-‘ I thought.

Charming said, couldn’t believe what he was seeing "It can't be. It can't be."

We then watched the clip where Nightmare shot down the guards and escaped with Nexus.

‘I knew that pony had something to be involved abou-‘

Charming said "Turn it off."

“Charming…”

"I SAID TURN IT OFF!!!” Charming shouted. “I can't watch anymore."

I turned off the screen and walked up to my brother. I placed a hoof on his shoulder and calmed him down a little.

"I'm sorry, brother. I didn't know."

Charming said "How could Nyx do this to me? I trusted her, I cared for her like she was my daughter. What made her decide to turn against us?"

"I don't know. But know she has become twisted to the dark side. The Nyx you know is gone. Consumed by Nightmare Moon."

Charming replied "I'm scared now to fight her, brother. What should I do?"

"Convince her to return to our side and she may be able to turn back to normal."

Charming asked "What would Twilight think?"

The both of us left the castle undetected and walked back to the ship.

“Charming, it’s not your fault. When I fought Nightmare Moon, I felt Nyx’s presence in Nightmare Moon. She is angry, sad, and upset towards you and Twilight.”

Charming asked “But why?”

We went up the landing ramp and I went to the controls while Charming sat beside me.

“She feels a need to be loved. Did you ever stay with her? Play with her? Comfort her in anyway?” Charming began to think about it but he realized he never spent time with her at all. “She wants to be cared. When you confront her again, you must show her that you care for her. Nightmare Moon resides in the Dark Side, but the power of love can overcome even the darkest of creatures.”

Author's Note:

Next chapter is the battle for Canterlot! Me and Sonicdash123 will have to talk about it so we can decide how to make it.