• Published 6th Jul 2015
  • 562 Views, 11 Comments

How is it in Manehatten, Sister? - Jazz



Sweetie Belle becomes depressed by certain outcomes, and the rest of the CMC try to help her out.

  • ...
5
 11
 562

Let Down

Sweetie Belle was so excited Saturday night. It was eight o'clock and Sweetie couldn't be more excited. She hoped off the sofa in the living room of Carousel Boutique to her sister Rarity. "Rarity! I'm so excited! Are you excited, because I'm excited. I can't believe it. I mea-" she shrieked with excitement to her sister.

"Calm yourself, Darling. Yes it's true Manehatten is calling, but no reason to shout! Now, are your bags packed? I'll go over my list just to make sure- You do the same," Sweetie Belle's sister, Rarity said as she trotted up the marble stairs to her bedroom.

Sweetie Belle couldn't handle the excitement. She rushed up to her room and began packing: Books, Pencils, Paper, Diary, Clothes, Shoes, Swimsuit, Reading Glasses, and Twenty Two Bits. Sweetie Belle put her bags in the corner of her room and put on her lavender night gown. She'd have to pack that as well when she woke up. Sweetie Belle yelled a goodnight to her sister, Rarity, as she fell asleep in her bed- barely.

As Luna's moon rose up from the peaks, and Celestia's sun set that night, Sweetie Belle (who had to go to bed early) tucked herself in, and opened the blinds with her amazing, green glow. She was proud of herself for being able to do magic, so she was often called lazy.

Rarity, on the other hoof, was going frantic. She threw bags across the room. She woke up screaming: "PACK!" She trotted around her room. She kept Sweetie Belle awake most of the night. "Calm yourself, now, Rarity. Hurry up... I'll be late if I don't get some sleep," Rarity said to herself as she trotted over to her vanity and put curlers in her mane and made duplicates of pillows to sleep on, and not mess up her mane. She crawled into bed and tucked herself in, using a cyan aura to put on her sleeping mask. The white mare also put duct tape on her muzzle so she did not snore. How gross! Sweetie Belle, however did not mind, and often woke her older sister up.

As everypony that night in Ponyville was asleep, as soon as the clock ticked to five a.m., Rarity teleported out of bed and took out the curlers in her mane as she teleported a blue bell dress on her. She put in golden earrings and a silver necklace. The white mare scurried to write a note in her neatest hoofwriting with her horn.

My Dearest Sweetie Belle,

Good morning. I am sorry I had not yet told you, but you will be staying with Twilight Sparkle in her palace. Aren't you excited? I admit, it's not Manehatten, but it is summer, and Twilight said she'd love to have you. She should be here at around seven thirty. Your friends may visit under Twilight's permission and remember your manners. I was going to let you go to your other sister, Applejack's home, but I remembered it was a farm. Be fabulous and nice. Write to me everyday, through Spike. I talked with the two and we agreed that it's fine. Here is the address to mail to: 3127 East Grassfield Street, Manehatten
Have fun with Twilight Sparkle and Spike!

Your Sister, Rarity

Rarity levitated her bags with a cyan glow, and took one last glance at the clock before she made breakfast for herself: 5:27 a.m. Rarity's train left at six, and she still had to do some things. She made herself a bagel with cream cheese (Rarity received one ounce cream cheese every week on a Thursday). She ate it and looked at the clock once more in the kitchen: 5:32 a.m. She ran to grab the note, and taped it on the inside of Sweetie Belle's door. She then left at exactly 5:34 a.m.


Sweetie Belle woke up at around eight a.m. and got up to get dressed. She looked over at the clock. The white mare scurried to get her dress on. Then, she saw a note. From her sister, Rarity! It couldn't be a fraud, because the i's were dotted with hearts, and it was written in pink! The younger sister opened the note from her older sister to find what was written inside.

"Dear Sweetie Belle, Your not coming to Manehatten with me. Your going to be with Twilight Sparkle instead! P.S. I hate you!" Sweetie Belle screeched to her friends outside as they came to pick her up for crusading that day.

"Ah'm sure she din't say exactly that," Applebloom said outside the Carousel Boutique.

"I don't know, Sweetie Belle. Applebloom, your right. Where's the note? Me and Applebloom should take a look at it," Scootaloo said.

"Applebloom and I, Scootaloo. You used incorrect grammar. Now, I have the note. It's in my room. I'll go get it real quick," Sweetie Belle said, dissappearing into her room for quite a while before coming back out, levitating a note with a light green aura. "Here."

The other two crusaders looked at the note. "But it's a Saturday! We have school in two days! You told Ms. Cheerilee that you were going on a vacation to Manehatten for the rest of the month!" Scootaloo gasped.

"So? She 'an just t'll Ms. Cheerilee 'at she dint end up goin," Applebloom said.

"So?! So she told the class! She told Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon! They'll pick on her! They'll laugh at her! They'll be mean to her! They'll-" Scootaloo said.

"Have to deal with us," Applebloom said, cutting off Scootaloo, mid-sentence.

"Right!" Sweetie Belle sparked from her horn. "Cutie!"

"Mark!" Applebloom said.

"Crusaders!" Scootaloo said.

"TOGETHER!!" they all chanted.

And Sweetie Belle suddenly felt less sad. She knew something- she had two amazing girls by her side. And they'd deal with everything together. As one!