• Published 27th Nov 2015
  • 975 Views, 15 Comments

The Decline and Fall of West Equestria: Twilight's Tale - StormLuna



Equestria has been split into two separate nations. Things quickly deteriorate in West Equestria and public unrest forces two princesses to abdicate, leaving one to protect the land. Can her magic stave off evil or will the nation fall?

  • ...
10
 15
 975

Getting Ready for the Meeting

Author's Note:

This chapter will also be told in the first pony by Twilight.

While we waited for a reply from Starlight, Princess Celestia and Princess Luna simply waited there at the castle with me. While Celestia had her concerns that the ponies in Canterlot, especially the nobility would be angry over their extended absence, Luna was able to convince her that this was more important. This did not surprise me though as Luna has always cared more for the ordinary citizens of Equestria over the gentry and nobility. Finally after four days a pegasus guard returned with a letter. I shouted, "Finally! It is about time."

I open it and the two princesses gather around me. We read the letter together, which stated,

"Princess Luna,

I will meet with you, the other princesses and the two ponies involved in this price dispute. Meet me at the neutral meeting structure in forty-eight hours. If you are not there in seventy-two hours, I will assume that this issue is not important to you, head home and reject any further meetings over economic matters. See you soon.

Sincerely,

Starlight Glimmer"

I suppose it was a good thing to have Luna write the letter. Starlight signed the letter informally although I'm sure once we arrive and the meeting starts, she will force Celestia, Filthy, Colgate and myself to be formal with her. I looked at the two princesses and asked, "Well shall we go get those two and head out? I want to get there and get this taken care of as soon as possible."

Luna replied, "Yes Twilight, we believe that would be best."

We first headed to Barnyard Bargains to get Filthy. We headed in and he gave us a smile. He asked, "I take it you have heard from Starlight?"

I replied, "Yes, we have. She wants us to be out at that neutral structure in forty-eight hours so I think it would be best if we left immediately."

He replied, "I will have to let Diamond Tiara know that I am leaving." He then shouted towards the back, "Diamond Tiara, I need to speak to you."

We heard her shout, "Ok father, I'm coming." When she arrived she asked, "Father, you wished to speak to me?"

Filthy replied, "Yes. I have to go out of town for a couple of days so you will need to stay with your mother."

She immediately had a terrified look on her face. She stuck her bottom lip out and replied, "But daddy, can't I just stay with Silver Spoon? Her family is so much nicer to me than mother is."

Filthy said, "I am sorry Diamond Tiara, but you know how your mother will be if you stay with a friend just because I will be gone. I don't feel like facing her wrath and I'm sure you don't either unless it is absolutely necessary."

Diamond Tiara nodded and replied, "Yes father, I understand."

After what had recently happened involving her and her mother, I couldn't help but feel bad for her as she nervously headed back towards their mansion. I asked, "Well Filthy, shall we get going?"

Filthy interrupted, "I prefer Rich."

I replied, "Ok Mr. Rich. Well let's go get Colgate and get going. I know she is in a hurry to get this done."

Filthy closed the store and we headed over to Colgate's office. When we arrived we were greeted by her receptionist, her younger sister Lyra Heartstrings. She gave us a smile and asked, "Hello, how can I help you today?"

I replied, "We need to speak to Colgate involving meeting Starlight over the price of silver."

She said, "Ok, I will go back and get her."

She headed into the back and soon Colgate arrived to speak to us. She asked, "So everypony, I take it that you have heard from Premier Starlight."

I replied, "Yes, we have. She wants us to go out there as soon as possible."

She nodded and said, "Well give me about thirty minutes. I need to reschedule all my appointments for the next few days." Before heading back she gave us a smile and continued, "Oh and I think Lyra needs to come along as well. She is much better with words than I am."

We agreed with her given that Lyra is better with words but something struck me wrong with the way Colgate referred to Starlight. She referred to her as Premier Starlight. Once the two headed to the back I looked up at Celestia and asked, "Celestia, is it just me or does it seem like she is paying some sort of homage to Starlight? She referred to her as Premier Starlight."

Celestia put her wing around me and replied, "I wouldn't worry about it Twilight. She is likely just readying herself for the meeting. She likely knows how she will have to address her. If she starts that now, she will be less likely to slip and just call her Starlight."

Luna added, "Perhaps we should all do that. Any sort of slip up could cause her to not only deny our requests, but actually increase the fees and the price of silver."

I added, "Good idea princess."

Thirty minutes later Colgate and Lyra returned to the lobby. Colgate asked, "Well shall we get going? I want to get this silver price issue taken care of."

I replied, "Yes, let's get going."

We headed to the train station, bought our tickets and headed off to Dodge Junction, which is about five miles from the neutral site. Yes from there we would have to walk but five miles is not a horribly long distance. Filthy may not like having to walk that distance but the rest of us should not have any problems. I was very nervous about seeing Starlight again but I knew this had to be done. All I could hope for is that this would be a quick meeting, Colgate and Filthy could convince Starlight to lower the prices and we could get home.