• Published 21st Jun 2015
  • 2,100 Views, 34 Comments

The Displaced Demon Hunter - Kris The Kris



Instead of getting turned to stone, this displaced cosplayer get's a job instead and has to enforce it when 21 demons and one displaced Prinny escape from Tartarus.

  • ...
12
 34
 2,100

Don't get stoned, get a job!

Are there trees in Tartarus?

Yeah, there are but they’re kind of dead and stone like and only exist deep within the prison where no-pony has gone before. It is here that the demons live, fight, and laze around.

In one of the many stone trees laid our protagonist, a human turned video game character.

His name was Sean P. Lewis and he was a cosplayer, but after giving fifty dollars to a salesman dressed up as that merchant guy from Resident Evil and a choice to put it on then, he became-


“ADELL!”

The red head shot up in surprise, hitting a branch above hard enough to crack it. A gloved hand went on top of his head, rubbing the growing bump. “Owowow.” He looked to the demon who had called him, a red bat-like demon pony wearing common warrior armor, which was just shorts and a headband with a short sword hanging off the flank.

Her name was Zukerela, though anyone who knew her just called her Zuku. She was also Adell’s closest friend.

“Did you have to scream?” Adell asked before carefully maneuvering himself out of the tree.

“Yes!” Zuku said with a disgruntled snort. “I know how you get after training! You never wake up!”

The guilty redhead rubbed his red head in embarrassment. ”Sorry.”

“Anyways, the big guys want us for some reason.”

Adell slumped. “Dammit, today was supposed to be my day off to train. I just reincarnated last week and I’m only level 159.”

“They said it was important. Might lead to use getting out of Tartarus and exploring that pony land.” Zuku lightly hit Adell in the knee. “You know those regular ponies have nothing on us.”

Adell winced and started walking towards the stairs. “I know. It’s just, I have a bad feeling about this. I mean, you did hear the explosions the other day, right?”

“Yeah, but I thought that was you training.” Zuku started flying up beside him as they reached the stairs and started going up. “You do make stuff explode a lot.”

“Well, I was resting when I heard it,” Adell responded. “Its got to be something big.”

Zuku shrugged again as they began the long trek to the top floor.


The thing about Tartarus is, unlike Hell, it has thirteen layers and only two are dedicated to torturing and holding the souls of the wicked.

The top layer is where the entrance and holding cells are. For some reason, the Tartarus Tourism Committee thought this would be a good idea.

However, those that run that layer are very lazy, with only five demons actually running the layer on a regular basis.

They are Adell, Zukerela, and Cerberus, who is that layer’s leader.


Adell walked up to the three headed dog who was acting like a puppy, Zuku sitting on his right shoulder like a demented parrot. He sweatdropped as he saw the middle head chewing on a ball he knew the demon didn’t have a week ago.

He coughed into his hand, capturing the dog’s attention. The middle head dropped the ball as they sat up quickly into place, looking as stern as they usually did.

Grrrr….” The middle head growled lightly.

“We didn’t see anything, Boss.” Adell chuckled, saluting along with Zuru.

Rrrrr. Rawrf.” The left head looked a little dejected as it glanced toward the holding cells, some of them empty.

“Wait, what? How did we not notice that?” Adell gasped.

Zuku snickered. “Maybe because no-pony had mentioned them yet.”

Adell flicked his partner on the head as Cerberus’ right head continued.

Woof woof woof.

“Why do we have to get them back?” Zuku asked logically.

Grrrr…. boof.

“Oh yeah…. you have guard duty.”

Boof woof.

Adell sputtered at what the left head said. “The princesses? Why would we need their help?”

Arf arf.

“But we can gather those prisoners before they even notice us. It’s only three or four, right?”

.... boof.

“Twenty two!” Both Zuku and Adell exclaimed.

“How did you let that many slip by you?!” Zuku asked, looking at the cells again.

The three heads whined at once, looking ashamed.

“Changelings? Why would they attack you and lead you to pony town?” Adell put a hand to his chin. “It doesn’t make any sense unless they wanted some of them, but how would they even know unless…” Adell came to a chilling realization. “D-did Kranon get out?”

All three heads nodded at once, much to Adell’s horror.

“Shit. Those ponies still tell stories about him.” Zuku hissed, hopping off Adell’s shoulder. “We need to go, now!”

Adell nodded, walking away and retreating into his thoughts.


Kranon used to be a normal, run of the mill serial killer. His name used to be Gary C. Rivera.

At least, until he attended the same convention as Sean P. Lewis and bought a silly hat that looked like a penguin from the same game as Sean.

Thus, a horrible monster was deposited into the same Equestria as one of the weaker monsters from Disgaea.

He became a human soul trapped in the body of a Prinny.

And for fifteen years, he brought misery and death to the smaller towns until the Princesses finally found him and used the Elements of Harmony on him, banishing him to the holding cells of Tartarus.

And he would have stayed there if not for the machinations of a queen trying to conquer the fair land.

Said prinny was currently on his way to see said bug queen with an escort of her strongest warriors, an evil grin planted on his beak and a plan already brewing in his head.


“So, I know I’ve asked this about fifteen times already, but what’s this queen like?” Kranon asked for the seventeenth time, only to be met with silence for the seventeenth time.

“Geeze, and I thought Adell was quiet around me.” Kranon snickered. “At least he had the decency to yell at me when I called him a demon-slut.”

The lead changeling rolled his bug eyes, knowing that it was still five more miles to the hive.

It would be a long five miles.


Celestia sat in her room, looking over Spike’s letter to her about his adventures meeting his own kind and getting his own phoenix friend out of the ordeal.

She looked to Philomena, perched beside her bed and alert. She smiled warmly and walked over to the fire bird and rubbed her head with a wing.

The princess closed her eyes and thought back to when she first found Philomena near the Dragonlands.

She was making a huge fuss over her broken wing and not being as smart as she was today, Celestia took her back to Canterlot to get her wing healed.

After that, the overly-dramatic phoenix stayed in Canterlot.

Celestia was snapped out of her trip down memory lane when another letter flopped into her room, covered in dog slobber.

She grabbed it in her telekinesis and brought it to her face with a grimace.

The letter was completely incomprehensible with lines of ink all over it.

She did what anyone would do if they got spam.

She threw it in the trash.

Author's Note:

Yeah, I know about the one with Laharl.

Thought I'd finally try and make a Disgaea fic.

Please leave any questions and comments below.

What Adell looks like.
What a Prinny looks like.