• Published 19th Jun 2015
  • 1,920 Views, 25 Comments

Spike the Unicorn - Dandereshy



Spike is allowed to stay in his experimental unicorn form for a day.

  • ...
13
 25
 1,920

Just A Date

The Carousel Boutique was just like he remembered. The rotunda stood out from the buildings around it, well designed and beautifully engineered. But for Spike, it was the occupant that he really desired, not the building.

He came to the front door, giving a rushed knock and hurrying in, the bell above the door ringing his arrival.

"Rarity? Are you here?" he called aloud. His voice echoed.

A few seconds later, he heard a faint voice call him upstairs.

With an eccentric grin glued to his pony face, he flew up the stairs, only stopping when he realized what he was doing, what he was about to do.

"Am I - really going to ask her on a date tonight? Oh, will she even like me in pony-form?" He sighed, shaking his head. "Rarity is worth the risk..."

With that, he made himself slip into Rarity's design room.

When he went in, he found her concentrating hard on a new gown line. She had her glasses on, using her magic to add some trim.

Spike flaunted himself proudly, hoping to impress her. "Check it out - new and improved Spike! Sweet, huh?"

She didn't look over at him, but instead continued working on the gown. "Mmhm lovely, dear. Could you please do me a favor and get me those sequins out of the chest over there?"

Spike shrugged and tried using his magic to get the jar of multicolored sequins out of the open chest, but because he wasn't nearly as seasoned as Rarity or Twilight, he was unsuccessful. He tried a few times and gave up.

"Did you get it, darling?" Rarity asked, squinting with determination at some detailed spots.

"No," Spike admitted. "My magic isn't good enough." He was going to say more, but upon second thought, he figured he'd earn her curiosity with the magic thing.

She paid no mind and used her own magic to grab it and bring it to herself.

Spike sighed with frustration. "Hey, uh...Rarity, I know you're kind of...busy, but can you just look at me for a second? I have something to show you."

"Spike, honey, I already know what you look like," she said without looking at him.

He fumed. "Rarity, can you please just look at me for one second?" He was afraid to upset her, but she was being stubborly distracted today, as she sometimes was when a great idea popped in her head.

She ignored him. "What do you think on the color of this hat, dear, aquamarine or chartreuse? Oh, dear, chartreuse doesn't match at all with the design theme," she complained to herself. "Perhaps royal blue...?"

"Rarity!" Spike yelled, immediately covering his mouth in embarrassment. He didn't mean to yell, but talking to Rarity while she was busy was like talking to yourself.

She sighed and looked over at him finally. "Spike, this had better be - " she paused and her eyes grew wide," - good?"

Spike's giddy grin returned as Rarity gawked at him. "Neat, huh? Twilight turned me into a Unicorn for today, until midnight. How do I look?"

Rarity shook her head with surprise. "I...I...you...look..." She blushed lightly, turning her head and looking at him from the side. "Handsome..."

Handsome? Spike thought happily. She thinks I'm handsome? He tried to maintain his smile, but now he was not sure what to say. He wished and hoped she would like him, think he was handsome, but didn't actually think she would. Now that she did, he was at a loss for words.

"Well, I think I should make you a suit for just this occasion!" Rarity said excitedly, wandering around the room looking for fabric.

"Uh, I think...I was thinking...I don't really have that long in this form..."

Rarity gave him a concerned, half-lidded gaze. "How long do you have, then? Surely I can make you something in time..."

He scratched the back of his head nervously. "Um...just until...midnight," he replied unhappily.

"Midnight?" Rarity repeated. "Well, that's not very long now, is it? I won't have time to really do anything for you." She sighed with disappointment.

You're losing her, Spike, reel her in! Don't let her get away! He cleared his throat. "I was thinking that maybe..." He searched for the right words before continuing. "Maybe you and I could...you know...just...well..."

Rarity came up to him, smiling femininely. It made Spike's heart race. "Spike, I know what you're asking."

"Y-you do?" he asked, stuttering.

She nodded. "Of course, sweety - I knew you'd ask, as soon as I saw you. You never were too subtile with your crush, dearie."

Spike blushed. "Oh...I guess not. Well, what do you say?" he asked hopefully. At this point, he wasn't sure what to expect. He never thought he'd get this far.

She batted her eyes. "I say, of course I'll go on a date with you tonight. Just let me get ready." She gave his cheeks a pinch. "You get fixed up, too, okay?"

He nearly collapsed on the floor. "Okay...whatever you want..."

She shoved him out the door. "Run along, darling! I need some time to get ready. Come back at seven sharp, okay?"

He nodded, still lovestruck. "I'll be here."

She blinked rapidly - no, provocatively - at him. "I'll be waiting..." She closed the door.

Spike crumpled to the floor in a heap. "I'm going on a date with Rarity..." he said to himself, as if he didn't believe it.

He didn't.

A few moments later, he was scurrying home to Twilight to prepare for the best night of his life.