• Published 17th Jun 2015
  • 1,654 Views, 25 Comments

Equestria's Body Swapping Incident - TheFablequestria



I woke up as Lyra Heartstrings. I managed to become a pony, but I don't know how. I somehow unwillingly also managed to get in the way of Equestria's fate.

  • ...
11
 25
 1,654

I'm Lyra Heartstrings

I woke up, and knew something was wrong. I felt my hands balled up. I saw a mint colored snout at the bottom of my vision, along with cyan hair with a white streak at the top of my vision. Okay, I may've ran into a strange man on the street. He stopped me when I was walking down the sidewalk. I didn't remember what he said, except for something like "you will be of great help to another world."

I didn't know what he meant, but then again, I was too eager to get home to continue my game I was developing. Let me explain about my past. I was 20 years old. I wasn't much of a guy who had girls crawling all over him. I lived alone. My best friend took on a job, going around the world as a pilot, and my second best became a mechanic. I had brown eyes, and my hair was brown. I was a huge brony. You would not believe the amount of merchandise I had around my house.

I looked around the room. I'm now a pony, and it was obvious to me I had taken the body of Lyra Heartstrings. I could tell by my hair, my coat colour, and all the books on humans. The pictures and drawings of humans hanged near a desk were kind of disturbing me.

There was what I think is a drawing that looks exactly like the one showing a human, identical to what I think is that Albert Einstein made, facing up from the bookshelf. I knew that getting off the bed would prove to be a challenge, but I was willing to do it. I wasn't scared at all of this sudden change. I was actually very happy. It gave me a longer life span, a new world to explore, new things to do, and it was my dream come true, so I'll just go with it, and pretend to be Lyra.

I slid off the bed, coming onto all fours. I was half expecting Bon Bon to be sleeping beside me, but she wasn't. It was hard to support myself at first, but soon I stood up straight. I took my first step forward. I put my right hoof forward, then I put my far left hoof forward. I then put my left hoof further forward, and then I did the same with my far right hoof.

I did it. My first step in Equestria. I shivered with excitement. Thank god Bon Bon wasn't here to see a smiling, almost crying Lyra, shaking with excitement in the room, or atleast, what appears to be Lyra. I continued to take my second, then third step, and I then fell. I pulled myself up, and then steadily and slowly walked through the small, straight hallway.

There wasn't any door, but a simple hallway. I liked that. The hallway led me to the kitchen. I lifted my head up, and saw Bon Bon smiling. I jumped backwards, caught off guard.

"Good morning Lyra! Did you sleep well?"

"Uh... yep." I faked a smile. Bon Bon probably wasn't aware of what happened in the room.

"Breakfast's ready." She walked towards the table and ate the pancakes on her plate. She bit onto the handle of a bottle of syrup on the table and poured some over her pancakes, then mine. I didn't know they had syrup here. I made my way to what seemed to be my chair, and sat down. There were 3 small pancakes on my plate, covered with syrup. I didn't know what to use to eat it.

I haven't used magic to lift anything up, so I might as well give it a shot. I concentrated hard on the pancake, using willpower or whatever it's called. I think it's the power of your willing or something, if that makes any sense. I was pretty sure Bon Bon could see me squinting at the pancakes, my blood vessels around my face looking like they're about to pop.

"Uh.. Lyra.. are you okay?" Bon Bon tilted her head.

"Mhm? Yeah, just.. trying to wake up." As much as I would hate lying to her, I would have to in order not to screw everything up. After doing this for 3 more minutes (with Bon Bon staring oddly at me), I levitated the pancake up. It wasn't straight, it was sideways and shaking. I tried bringing it closer to my mouth. It didn't work, so I leaned my head forward and tried eating it.

I was about to get my first bite, when I fell off the chair. Bon Bon quickly rushed and helped me up. "Lyra, just tell me what's wrong."

"I already told you, I'm okay, it's nothing." I climbed back up onto the chair and, instead of using magic, I used my hooves to eat the pancakes. Sure, it will make my hooves sticky, but I could just wash them.. right? I finished, and my hooves weren't covered completely with syrup. I ate the pancakes with both whooves, but I could've just grabbed a pancake with just one hoof.. which I forgot. Bon Bon's a good cook, and probably a really good friend.

I went into the bathroom that was connected to our room and washed my hooves. I then decided to trash the drawings. As long as I'm here, there will be no creepy drawings of nude and non-nude humans in my room. Bon Bon came in and tilted her head again, since there aren't a lot of pony emotions or whatever. "Lyra... what are you doing?"

"Oh, just trashing the drawings."

"Why?"

"Because.. I don't like them?" Bon Bon looked at me suspiciously. "I'm just taking down some drawings, do you really have to think this is weird??"

"Lyra, you're deeply into humans, and now you're taking down drawings of them. I thought it was impossible to make you stop, but now, I guess I'm wrong."

"Heheh... yeah.. I guess I'm not all that interested in humans anymore." Bon Bon nuzzled me.

"Good to hear. Can I help you with that?"

"Be my guest." Good, I evaded suspicion on my first day. I don't ever want to be a human again, when I can just stay as Lyra. After we took down drawings and took papers off of the desk with more human things, I trashed them. The books on the bookshelf can stay.

"Now, we can spend time together."

"Okay!" Bon Bon smiled.