• Published 12th Jun 2015
  • 1,284 Views, 22 Comments

Metroid V: Exile - The Philosopher King



Samus Aran has been exiled from the Galactic Federation, but travels through their space to find an old friend. Aftwards, Sylux shoots her ship down near an uncharted, non-federation planet. Meanwhile Twilight see this "meteor" crash on Equestria.

  • ...
7
 22
 1,284

Objective: Eliminate Sylux

“Twilight, I understand you wanted to see us about a pair of-” Celestia starts, before seeing Samus in her zero suit and U-Mos. “Oh my…”

“That’s umm.. interesting.” says Luna.

“I am U-Mos, fifth Sentinel of the Luminoth, and that is Samus Aran, bounty hunter and Savior of Aether.”

“U-Mos, shut up,” says Samus. “I told you to stop calling me that a long time ago.”

“Anyway, I believe we would like to know a bit more about you, perhaps what you did before you got here?” asks Celestia.

“I suppose I can tell my tale now, the three mercenaries have already heard of the story of Aether and our exploits there.” U-Mos takes a sitting position and produces a hologram of Aether, just like when he first met Samus.

“My people, the Luminoth, were not born and isolated to a homeworld, rather we were born of the stars. We met many peoples, including the N’Kren, the Yila, even the Chozo that Samus is related to. However, we lacked a planet to truly call home. “

"Our search for a home took us through the cosmos. For many a great cycle we roamed, yet a place to call our home eluded us. In time, we began to despair, feeling the search was in vain. We considered remaining among the stars until a scout returned with news of a world unlike any other. When we first beheld Aether for the first time, so great was her beauty that we forsook the stars forever to live upon her surface. From that day forth, the Luminoth were of Aether, our blessed paradise."

“It was a beautiful realm, with lush forests and fertile fields. But then, a phazon meteor struck our planet, ruining its beauty, turning the forests to bogs and the fields to wastelands. However, the meteor was so strong it tore our world in two,” and shows the orange hologram splitting in two. “Into an Aether and a ‘Dark’ Aether, with the planet’s energy divided amongst the two worlds. Dark foes began to possess creatures of Aether, and eventually we went into their world.”

"In time, we created machines to open rifts into our enemy's world. Volunteer scouts went through the rifts and found a twisted world, harsh and poisonous... a Dark Aether. They discovered that this world held the missing half of our planet's energy. They also saw the true face of the enemy, a race we came to call ‘Ing-’

At that moment however, Pinkie began to laugh at the term. U-Mos, with a dead serious loo on his face, shows the group an orange hologram of an arachnid-like creature. It had a central core, and the hologram made vile noises.

“meaning terror. Our scouts could not survive long on the surface of Dark Aether, so venomous was its air. Still, we vowed to return. We prepared for war."

“They were a race that knew nothing but hatred.” he says.

“How could such a race even exist?” asks Twilight in disbelief.

“Oh they existed alright. Almost all Luminoth perished from their attacks after our long fight against them, they took our sanctuaries one by one until they came to the last, and I was eventually appointed Sentinel while the few remaining members of the Luminoth entered stasis. But then, the Hunter here came and allowed us to mount a counteroffensive, and we destroyed them, and Aether began to return to its once vibrant self.” As U-Mos finished this statement, the three mercs, Engie still carrying Bon Bon, and Lyra walk in to the castle. “Ah, Engineer, Sniper, Medic, I am glad to see you friends. Why were you out so long?”

“I don’t know, you two probably woke up sooner because, U-Mos, you’re a different species, and Samus has that weird bird DNA-”

“Chozo DNA. And that did change me a little bit, but it makes me capable to whoop your ass any day.” She says this with a glare, directly at Engineer, who cringes a little but keeps smiling.

“You von’t believe vat ve had to deal vith.” starts Medic, but he sees the rest of the ponies in the room with Samus and U-Mos. “Oh vait, I see you’ve already encountered the native populace of zis planet.”

“Are these your ‘friends,’ U-Mos?” asks Luna.

“As a matter of fact, they are. So, I believe you must have had a different journey, would you mind recounting it for us?”

“Sure, as long as we get to hear y’all’s story afterwards.” replies Engineer. “So, after waking up, we took a walk through that forest we crashed into or whatever,”

“The Everfree Forest,” adds Twilight, knowing where the other two came from.

“I guess,” says Engineer. “So we went through that forest and eventually one of us, I forget which, heard a rustling noise and something jumped out of the brush, we couldn’t tell what and we started shooting at it.”

“It vas just a cat.” notes Medic, still a bit angry for that.

“I know Medic, we need to be more careful next time. Anywho, we then found a small hut. Inside was a weird statue of a zebra or something, and behind it was a chicken with the body of a snake. Medic and Sniper got turned to stone when they saw it, similar to the zebra statue, but I guess my welding lenses here prevented me from changing I guess. I then shot it in the face and fell over, and my buddies here changed back to themselves again. The statue also became a real looking zebra, and after Medic checked its vitals, we left.to find a small dirt road. Then we ran into-”

“Me!” shouted Lyra, still with a huge smile on her face. The weirdness of this look was starting to creep out everyone, even Celestia a bit; but Engineer kept going on.

“Yeah, you. We ran into her and her friend fainted saying humans don’t exist or something like that, but then she fell completely unconscious after seeing Sniper. Then the green pony there lead us here.”

“How did you kill a cockatrice?” asks Twilight.

“A bloody what?” asks Sniper confusedly.

“Ya know, the thing that turned you friends into stone?” asks Rainbow Dash.

“Shoot, it only took one shot with this,” he says, holding up his Frontier Justice. “It wasn’t even in crit mode.”

“What does it do?” Twilight asks. “The only thing I’ve seen like this is the small device Samus has been carrying,”

“You ain’t ever seen a gun before?” replies Engineer, and the two other mercenaries look on speechlessly. “Well, it’s a device that ignites a little black powder, shooting one these here cartridges.” He holds up a shotgun cartridge. “And then the cartridge opens up into a bunch of small little metal spheres, severely injuring those hit.”

“Congratulations wanker,” starts up Sniper. “You just explained the concept of a shotgun. Now what the bloody hell are we gonna do now that we’ve crashed into a random planet in the middle of nowhere?”

“Well, I zhink zis is vunderful,” replies Medic. “Besides, ve vere trying to get avay from ze Federation, and it vorked.”

“Alright, but first I have on question for you.” asks Celestia. “Can we trust you?”

“Yes. But you have a problem.” answers Samus.

“Well what would that be?” she replies.

“That green streak in the sky from that night shot us out of it.” says Samus. “And I’m afraid it’s a threat to your entire country. Imagine me, in a metal silver and green suit with no face. That abomination is called Sylux. He will mercilessly kill all your citizens until he finds me and kills me for the Federation’s bounty, even though he hates them he loves money. Although he’s more of an ‘it,’ as it seems to be a robot or something…”

“Well since you know more about it than us,” replies Celestia. “And you accept payment for any job, correct?”

“Correct. Let me guess; hiring me to deal with this threat.”

“Yes. You are welcome in this country and I will gladly pay you any cost to keep my ponies safe. But I want all five of you in on the job since you seem to know more about this threat than us. Do you have any objections?” asks Celestia, reminding Samus of how Adam always asked her this question.

“One, I need scrap metal to repair my gunship.”

“Very well, there is a nearby junkyard. You can have unlimited access to it, and here is a small down payment for each of you.” She pulls out five small burlap bags from a chest, and inside are solid gold coins, making the three mercs mouths semi-water, U-Mos gasp which Samus didn’t even know he could do, and Samus speechless.

“This will cover it.” says Samus, taking the first sack, with U-Mos and the mercs falling behind.

“Very well, I expect this threat to be eliminated. I believe we can trust you; You five have not hurt anyone, and in fact saved several people already. As long as you defend the area and destroy the one named ‘Sylux,’ you can do as you wish here in Ponyville. I suppose I shall see you in the future.” says Celestia, leaving out of the door of the library along with Luna.

“So I got a question on mah mind,” asks Engineer. “It’s almost sundown and we got no place to stay, and no time to go back to Samus’ ship over there.”

“Well I’m certain we can find each of you places to stay,” says Twilight. “I only have one guest room, however, and I think Samus should have it, considering how she’s been eyeing the books.”

“I do need to scan the material, especially any maps and cartography.” replies Samus. “I believe staying here would be a good idea.”

“Very well, I’ll see if I can find places for the rest of you to stay. In the meantime, go look about the town a bit; it’s a beautiful one.” says Twilight, and the three mercs and Luminoth exit the Library.

Author's Note:

Well now the Mercs and U-Mos get to go out on the town, and chaos will most likely ensue.