• Published 12th Jun 2015
  • 1,284 Views, 22 Comments

Metroid V: Exile - The Philosopher King



Samus Aran has been exiled from the Galactic Federation, but travels through their space to find an old friend. Aftwards, Sylux shoots her ship down near an uncharted, non-federation planet. Meanwhile Twilight see this "meteor" crash on Equestria.

  • ...
7
 22
 1,284

The Adventures of Engineer and RED

Meanwhile, in the ship Engineer and Medic had begun to stir.

“That was some wreck, hoss,” says Engineer. “Glad to see this thing’s in one piece.”

“Vell I am glad zat ve are avake again.” replies Medic. “Oops! I still need to vake Sniper.”

He pulls a medi-gun from his…”backpack” and proceeds to nail the beam on Sniper. He gradually heals a broken arm and a leg and wakes up fine.

“Thanks Doc, really ‘ppreciate ya.” thanks the now awake Sniper.

“Hello you three,” says Adam. “U-Mos and Samus left a while ago. I detected a small conflict in the distance they stopped, before the two left my sensors for civilization I suppose. I presume you should follow this route:”

He pulls up a three dimensional map that indicates them to follow a route to the edge of the forest so they can see if they can find civilization or Samus/U-Mos.

“Any objections, you three?”

"Nah."

“Nein.”

“Nope.”

“Good, just leave the hatch when you’re ready.”

Sniper picks up his trusty rifle, SMG, Professional’s Panama, and kukri, while Engineer picks up his wrench, MIning Light, PDA, shotgun, Wrangler, and a Pip-Boy he bought from Aether. Medic picks up his syringe gun, medi-gun, and Ubersaw, alongside a Vintage Tyrolean.

They then exit the ship and walk in the direction displayed on Engineer’s Pip-Boy, conveniently plugged in by Adam. Eventually the group reached the edge of the Everfree forest, and see nothing but plains, with the exception of a city with a castle on a mountain in the far distance, and closer a small village with a seemingly crystal castle shaped like a tree.

“Bloody hell we must be in a dream boys, there ain’t enough crystal in the world to make that bloody thing!”

“Zat has to be one of ze most beautiful things I have ever seen, let’s get closer.


Samus decided to leave on the Varia Suit, as she was still in unknown territory; however U-Mos was far more relaxed with these three fillies leading them to God knows where.

“Let’s leave them with Twilight, she’ll know how to react to them,” says Scootaloo. “Besides, she may have information on them in her books.”

The group approaches the small town and continues towards a large castle, which Samus scans:

[Recorded to Logbook]

[Structure: Tree Castle]

[Structure appears to be made of solid Afloratite, but in a stable form that would be resistant to fission. Truly amazing, as Afloratite was thought to be only available in a highly unstable form.]

This shocked Samus, as Afloratite was what powered her ship’s Fission Reactor. It somewhat scared her even, due to her knowledge of how volatile Afloratite normally was.

The three fillies knock on the door of the rather large structure. The doors open, revealing a taller lavender pony, but it has a horn and wings. Samus, still thinking herself insane, scans it anyway:

[New Logbook Entry Acquired]

[Morphology: Equus Caballus, subspecies Alicorne]

[Subspecies Alicorne posseses better manipulation of energy around it than Unicorne posseses, in fact on par with Chozo Elders. Also has somewhat stronger natural wings than Pegasi, but through training Pegasi can become much faster than Alicorne. This subspecies is the largest threat of all subspecies of Equus Caballus, but shares weakness with Unicorne and Pegasi of the horn and wings, repectively. Due to stronger energy manipulation, has larger arsenal of offensive and defensive potential than Unicorne. Very few exist in comparison to the other three subspecies. This one is an element bearer, one of six special member of the species that controls a condensed form of energy the Chozo taught them to control. This one bears the element of Magic as it is called by their species.]

“Of course the Chozo loved their ‘magic,’ thinks Samus. “Perhaps that’s why my suit can so readily make entries on the species from the world here, they were here once.”

“A PAIR OF MONSTERS!!!” screams the mare while Samus was still reading her newly acquired scan data.

“Twilight stop!” starts the one named ‘Scootaloo,’ “These two saved us from a Manticore attack in the Everfree! They’re friendly.”

“R-really?” she says. “Are you the creatures-”

“Let me guess; That caused the orange-yellow streak in the sky last night. Our ship crashed here- Oh shit we forgot your friends U-Mos!” Samus says to the Sentinel.

“Don’t worry, they can hold their own. The have liftetimes worth of combat experience, certainly a fight with a few forest creatures won’t make them lose their minds.” he says, but then the group hears the sounds of a shotgun, SMG, and syringe gun going off in the distance. “And that’s them right on schedule, apparently losing their minds.” U-Mos and Samus both facepalm in each other’s direction.


“AHHHHHHHHH!!!” screams Engineer as he keeps shooting at the the rabid looking creature in front of him with his shotgun. He doesn’t let go of the trigger until he has to reload. Sniper fills the thing full of lead from his SMG. Medic helps out as he can with the syringe gun, before trying to get a good look at what exactly are they shooting in the first place. He then realizes it’s a harmless cat, not even foaming at the mouth.

“DUMMKOPFS LOOK AT WHAT YOU’RE SHOOTING AT!!!” yells Medic. “It’s a harmless cat! It couldn’t harm us even if it tried.”

Sniper shoots it one more time with his SMG, just in case.

“Mein gott im heimmel, Sniper it’s dead!” says Medic. “Look there’s a hut over there, perhaps we should stop there before we go to that village, the person inside might be able to help us and tell us where Samus and U-Mos are.”

The group walks inside the hut and finds what appears to be a stone statue of a zebra, frozen in a horrified position. Behind it is a creature extremely similar to a chicken, only with a long snake-like tail.

“Umm, hello there frau-” Medic barely says as he turns to stone almost instantly.

“CRIKEY!!!” screams Sniper, also turning to stone.

Engineer, however, is unfazed by this creature. He’s terrified as heck, but he realizes his welding goggles saved his eyes. The creature stares at him menacingly, but he walks up to it and shoots it square in the face. The creature screeches in agony, falling back to the ground in a comedic fashion.

Then, his comrades seems to magically turn back to normal, and the zebra statue turns into a real zebra, falling to the ground unconscious.

“Wow that was disturbing,” start Engineer.

“Vat, I didn’t have any reaction time. I didn’t even see vat it was really, other zan a menacing pair of eyes.” says the Medic.

“Bloody hell that was God awful,” says Sniper. “I don’t think the beaut there is waking up any time soon. That mongrel probably scared the living daylights out of her.”

Author's Note:

Hello Again!

Remember, I'd appreciate any and all feedback. I do not appreciate just a thumbs down without reason. I can't better my work without criticism.

Thank you all, and don't forget to punch the like button in the face,

Professor Obedire R. Birch