• Published 30th Nov 2015
  • 1,931 Views, 36 Comments

Idyllic Interludes - lollipopchica



It was all a dream she thought... A vivid illusion induced by heartache and magic. Oh how wrong she was.

  • ...
7
 36
 1,931

Chapter 15

Chrysalis awoke with a scream as her reclined form shot forward into an upright position.

Everything was twisted and her chest burned as she found herself gasping for breath. Suddenly there were voices and hooves and this whole situation felt like something she’d already had happen to herself.

“Calm down Chrystal! You were involved in an accident… You don’t remember?”

The changeling blinked several times before she could focus her attention on the pony speaking to her. “Wha….”

A beautiful mare with a name that read 'Elytra,' stared down at her with concerned eyes. “Be at ease. You’re safe here…”

Before the doctor could say anymore another mare entered the room and it was as if the sins of her past were forgotten.

"Odo? Maker!"

The dark colored unicorn raised a brow at the greeting. Her baby sister hadn’t greeted her like that in years. Granted they were a lot closer now than what they’d ever been, but their relationship still wasn’t where she wanted it.

"Chrysalis... you were involved in an accident. I came as soon as I could."

"She beat me..."

"What?"

"Cadance... She beat us... me."

The light haired unicorn tilted her head in confusion. "The doctor said you sustained head injuries so I’m not even going to ask."

It was in that moment that the changeling queen actually took in her surroundings.

A hospital?

She took the time to really look at the healer... She looked like a normal unicorn. And now that she looked down at herself, she realized so did she. No chitin, no holes, no wings or fangs. She was…. A pony?

What the hell was going on? She was so lost in her thoughts she didn't even notice her room door open with the addition of another pony.

"Chrysalis?"

She stared at him with wide eyes pushing back into her bedding. She’d never seen him so unkempt before and it only added to her fear. Surely he was there to kill her. And while confusion ruled her mind fear was quickly taking root making her frail frame tremble. She somehow managed to stutter out his name, “Sh-shining Armor…”

“Chryssie… How’re you feeling?” He looked so relieved and anxious. Not at all what she was expecting.

“Confused…”

“Well you hit your head pretty hard. But the Doctor said you should be fine in a few days.”

“My head?”

"Haven't we been over this, Chrystal?" Said her snarky sister.

“You don’t remember.” It was a statement. ”Chryssie, you were in a train wreck.”

“A train wreck?”

“Yea…”

A mix between a sob and a gasp came from her. What was going on? “I just feel so overwhelmed.”

“Shh… it’s okay." He stroked her mane with a familiarity that scared her as much as it comforted her. "Its been a rough few days. You’ve been unconscious for almost a week.”

“Maker…”

“I was so afraid of losing you. You and the baby are all I care about.”

“Baby?! What baby?” She couldn't carry a baby.

“Chrysalis… you’re pregnant.”