• Published 10th Jun 2015
  • 2,313 Views, 28 Comments

Twilight Sparkle is an Awkward Dancer - twilightsparkle3562



Twilight has proven to be a bad dancer at the Canterlot Garden Party, however one of Rarity's old friends from Canterlot wants to know why she is a bad dancer

  • ...
4
 28
 2,313

Meeting Vinyl Scratch

Chapter 4

"Meeting Vinyl Scratch"

With Octavia in their magical grip, Twilight and Rarity dragged the cello playing pony through the streets of Ponyville towards the house of the pony they thought would be a perfect fit for Octavia to live with. In Octavia's mind, she thought that this was being sprung upon here for no reason at all. She had come to Twilight Sparkle to learn how to be herself and not be dictated by her family. It seemed that she was going to get that opportunity, although it didn't seem like it at the time.

"Where are we going?" cried Octavia, as she struggled against her magic bonds. "I demand you unhoof me at once!"

"Hang on, Octavia!" cried Twilight, excitedly. "We're almost there!"

Soon, after a few more miles, they came up to a house on the outskirts of Ponyville that had a various set of colors all around it. Most of the house also had musical notes written all over it, much to Octavia's delight.

"Where are we?" asked Octavia, looking up at the house. "This looks like the house of a musician."

"This is the house of the pony we want you to meet," said Twilight, walking up to Octavia. "She is very good with music and has done several of Pinkie Pie's parties."

"I see," remarked Octavia as Twilight came up to the door and knocked on it.

The ponies waited for the occupant inside to open it, but there was nothing to be seen or heard. Twilight knocked on the door again and again, there was no response.

"What's wrong?" asked Rarity. "Can she hear us?"

"Hear us?" wondered Octavia. "She can't hear?"

Twilight thought about the situation for a moment, and then realized that the occupant inside couldn't hear because she always wore something on her ears and as a result, blocked out the noise. She then looked into the window and saw a white unicorn pony with a rough styled blue mane and tail and wore magenta glasses.

"Maybe this will get her attention," thought Twilight as she saw a stone on the ground and picked it up with her magic.

"I say, what are you doing?" cried Octavia. "You aren't going to break her window aren't you?"

"I'm not," replied Twilight, aiming the stone at the window. "I'm just trying to get her to know that we are outside."

Twilight aimed the stone and fired it at the window. Rather than breaking through the window, the stone made a loud enough noise to gain the attention of the pony inside.

"Over here!" cried Twilight, waiving her front hooves in front of the occupant while talking in a loud, clear voice. "We're…outside… and… we… need… to… come… in!"

"Good heavens," remarked Octavia, holding on to her ears along with Rarity. "Must she talk so loud?"

"It's the only way to get her attention," cried Rarity, who released her hooves from her ears. "Trust her!"

Just then, the door of the house opened and the occupant inside came out and smiled at the ponies. Almost immediately, she took a liking to Octavia, looking her over and smiling the entire time.

"This is Octavia," said Twilight. "She is somepony that is going to be moving in with you."

This brought a smile to the pony's face as she straightened out Octavia's bow tie. Almost immediately, Octavia began to feel slightly uncomfortable. She was not used to having ponies near her personal space.

"Can't she say something instead of just staring at me?" cried Octavia, as the pony touched Octavia's cello. "For goodness sakes, tell her to take her hooves off of my cello!"

"It's all right," said Rarity. "She's got an interest in other musical instruments. I am pretty sure that you two will get along just fine."

"Says the pony who stood by me in finishing school," remarked Octavia, bitterly.

Just then, the pony came forward and then magically produced a piece of paper and with a quill, began to write down her name for Octavia to read. It became clear to Octavia that this pony was more than met the eye and it was not something that she was going to enjoy.

"If you don't mind my asking," said Octavia, nervously. "Why can't this pony talk?"

"She never removes her headphones," replied Twilight, walking over to the pony. "But, that doesn't mean she isn't a nice pony."

The pony handed Octavia the paper and she read to see that the pony had written her name down.

"Vinyl Scratch," she said, reading the paper. "That's your name, I suppose. If you remove your headphones, I can tell you my name."

Honoring her request, Vinyl removed her headphones and allowed herself to hear what Octavia had to say.

"I am Octavia Melody," she said, extending her hoof out. "I am visiting from Canterlot and am thinking of moving in with you."

Vinyl smiled warmly at this potential roommate and allowed herself to be embraced by this musical pony, much like herself.

"Well, I think things will be moving along just fine," said Twilight, satisfied with what she and Rarity had done. "Perhaps its best we leave them alone to get to know each other."

"I completely agree," replied Rarity. "Let's go."

Just as the ponies were about to leave, the sound of an unheard voice was heard coming from Vinyl Scratch.

"Wait," cried Vinyl Scratch, stopping Rarity and Twilight from moving any further. "Before you go, I thank you for bringing this groovy girl to my stomping grounds."

"Groovy?" remarked Octavia. "Why would you even say such a thing?"

"Might as well just roll with it if you decide to live with her," said Twilight. "I think you two will get along somehow."

Octavia was unconvinced for a second, but then a small smile came to her face. She was more than willing to give this musical pony a chance. It was a big step for her and Octavia only had Twilight to thank for helping her meet Vinyl Scratch.

But, only time would tell if Octavia and Vinyl Scratch would get along…