• Published 7th Jun 2015
  • 906 Views, 10 Comments

Nightmare Night out - Catrina37



Thorne the Bat Imp decides to take Fluttershy out on Nightmare Night while Discord is out. When he returns and finds out about the two, he becomes enraged with jealousy and leads the ponies on a chase.

  • ...
11
 10
 906

The Night Owl

Ch. 3: The Night Owl

Fluttershy and Thorne land in a spot just east of the Everfree Forest where nopony has ever gone before. When Fluttershy saw the creepy trees, she squeaks and hides behind Thorne.

“It’s okay, Fluttershy,” he says while holding her left fore-hoof, “The trees won’t hurt you.”

“W-what are we doing here?” Fluttershy nervously asks.

“We’re heading for a place called the Night Owl.”

“The Night Owl?”

“It’s a club where creatures of the night like me go to relax and unwind. I go there to be with my fellow night owls.”

The two come across a large tree with a door and a sign that says Night Owl Café.

Thorne knocks on the door, and when it opens, out comes a vicious-looking werewolf, causing Fluttershy to scream and hide underneath Thorne’s cape.

“Hi, Lupo,” Thorne greets the werewolf.

“Hey, Thorne,” Lupo says, “Nice costume. You make a great masked avenger.

It was then that Lupo noticed Fluttershy hiding underneath Thorne’s cape.

“Who’s your little Pegasus friend?” he asks.

“This is Fluttershy, my pony friend.” Thorne replies.

Thorne lifted his cape from Fluttershy, but when he did, she covered her eyes with her hooves.

“Fluttershy, it’s okay. This is Lupo. He works as a bouncer for the Night Owl.” Thorne assures.

When Thorne said that, she put her hooves down and stopped shaking in fear.

“R-really?” Fluttershy nervously says.

She comes out from behind Thorne, and stands next to him, coming face to face with Lupo.

“Sorry for the scare, Little Pony. Gotta keep the riff-raff out.” Lupo says to Fluttershy.

“Oh, that’s alright. Thank you.” Fluttershy replies.

Lupo shows Fluttershy and Thorne in.

“Speaking of riff-raff,” Thorne says as he hands Lupo a picture of Discord, “If you see this Draconequus come in, make sure he doesn’t until we leave.”

“Discord? The one who betrayed the ponies? With pleasure,” Lupo agrees.

Lupo cracks his knuckles, readying himself for when Discord comes by.

****

Thorne and Fluttershy sit down at a booth while looking at menus. Fluttershy sees all kinds of bat imps, manticores, werewolves, and Diamond Dogs sitting at their table. They sat while eating, playing cards, and enjoying the band playing a really catchy tune.

“Do you come to this place a lot?” Fluttershy asks.

“Yay. I come here to unwind just like the others,” Thorne explains, “These guys may seem rough around the edges, but they would never hurt ponies.”

“They do seem nice, especially that Lupo friend of yours.”

Just then, a large green gargoyle comes to their table, because tonight he was going to be heir waiter.

“Evening Thorne. So, what will you and your friend have?” the waiter asks.

“I’ll have a nice green salad, please,” Fluttershy says.

“And the usual fruit platter for me,” Thorne says.

“Coming up,” the waiter replies.

The waiter writes down their orders and leaves to send them to the chef.

“You enjoy a fruit platter?” Fluttershy asks him.

“Indeed. I’m a vegetarian, or a fruit bat in my case,” Thorne replies.

“That’s good. Us ponies are known for being vegetarians.”

“It seems we have a lot in common.”

Thorne holds Fluttershy’s hoof and dreamily looks at her.

****

Meanwhile, Discord is flying all over the Everfree Forest, worriedly looking for Fluttershy and Thorne. He lifts up trees and rocks as he searched. One of the trees even had a raccoon family, who got deeply disturbed and frightened about what was happening.

“Where could Fluttershy and that Casanova Winged Rat be?” he worriedly asks.

Twilight, Scorpan, and the others are still chasing after him.

“Does Discord always get upset whenever Fluttershy is with someone, Twilight?” Scorpan asks.

“Well...” Twilight was about to say.

But before she could finish her sentence, Rainbow Dash flies up and interrupts, answering the question for her.

“This is nothing,” Rainbow Dash says, “You should see how mad he was at the Grand Galloping Gala. He tried to send Fluttershy’s new friend Tree Hugger to another dimension because he thought he was being replaced.”

“I’m gonna guess that Discord has the same feelings for Fluttershy as Thorne does,” Scorpan says.

“And I’m guessing that he’s gonna do worse to Thorne when he gets both his paw and claw on him,” Rep says.

“All the more reason we have to keep up with him,” Twilight says.

The heroes continue to follow Discord as he searches for Fluttershy with fury.